Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

twoday posted:

The neighbors across the street from me seem to have a giant second freezer on their balcony and sometimes I see them pulling food out of there, does anyone have any handy tips about grappling hooks?

Just kick in their door and take their food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

twoday posted:

The neighbors across the street from me seem to have a giant second freezer on their balcony and sometimes I see them pulling food out of there, does anyone have any handy tips about grappling hooks?

Just think of your neighbours themselves as extra food if things get really bad

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why herbs and tinctures should i be applying to various chakras

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

1 pound of dry beans is 1500 calories, a bit more for rice. so approx 20 pounds of dry beans and 20 pounds of rice per person (less for kids obviously), if thats literally all youre going to eat. probably get some other food if you dont want to die from suicide after eating the same exact meal every day.

I think I'm going to go with a shitload of rice and then a shitload of peanut butter for protein

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Limerick posted:

I blew a lot of money recently and can't really afford more than about $100 to stock up, how hosed am I?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apRe0uKkmy0

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MorrisBae posted:

I think I'm going to go with a shitload of rice and then a shitload of peanut butter for protein

:chloe:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

they probably should be phrasing this better if they don't want people to make runs on the bean bank

https://twitter.com/juliebosman/status/1232347242666827783

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Limerick posted:

I blew a lot of money recently and can't really afford more than about $100 to stock up, how hosed am I?

that's five cases of ramen and a bunch of water, buy some matches and stuff to make fire you'll be fine

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you're a hero of labor in my book!

My company and my union haven't said poo poo yet. We went into lockdown for swine flu and I expect similar measures eventually

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

weed and emergen-c is all u need

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Squizzle posted:

why herbs and tinctures should i be applying to various chakras

https://twitter.com/GadflyPersia/status/1232140357397336065?s=20

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

If you are fat you can live of that for months. Some portly Scottish guy water fasted for almost a year and survived it. He started taking vitamin polls towards the though IRC, so maybe buy some of those

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sounds like im overprepared

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

GABA ghoul posted:

If you are fat you can live of that for months. Some portly Scottish guy water fasted for almost a year and survived it. He started taking vitamin polls towards the though IRC, so maybe buy some of those

nah. you can go like.....12ish days w/o food regardless of starting size

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Limerick posted:

hope you dont starve to death before FEMA run by barron trump gets its act together and start distributing MREs to the public in a few months

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

What is BNO news? News org that popped up to solely cover the coronavirus?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Raccooon posted:

What is BNO news? News org that popped up to solely cover the coronavirus?

I dunno where they came from but they've been posting nonstop since the very beginning, before anyone else was, and they're totally legit

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Nobody cares about your beans SHUT THE gently caress UP

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
have facebook memes started about how the CIA created this virus?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Squizzle posted:

nah. you can go like.....12ish days w/o food regardless of starting size

na, uh! It's totally possible, you just have to be really fat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri%27s_fast

382 days without food

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1232361367732183041

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Crusader posted:

they probably should be phrasing this better if they don't want people to make runs on the bean bank

https://twitter.com/juliebosman/status/1232347242666827783

we need this imo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im convinced that there is something about the way it spreads they arent saying or they dont know yet

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I would like to inquire: dried vs canned

Dried are cheaper and easier to store but they do require cooking so they're less convenient, if you have a pressure cooker like an instant pot dried are pretty easy to make but if the power goes outyoure sol

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

Doorknob Slobber posted:

im convinced that there is something about the way it spreads they arent saying or they dont know yet

What we do know is enough: The symptoms start out indistinguishable from the flu, and nobody's getting tested.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it's mardi gras right now

lots and lots of people congregating in New Orleans lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

should just pay people not to work, done

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Maybe we are all already infected?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Relevant Tangent posted:

should just pay people not to work, done

Yang Gang

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GABA ghoul posted:

Maybe we are all already infected?

I mean, eventually

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Limerick posted:

What we do know is enough: The symptoms start out indistinguishable from the flu, and nobody's getting tested.

and if you do get tested and it was just a bad flu you're hosed because of the cost

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Consider spending quarantine with a large group of people, so if supplies run low you can butcher the weakest for additional food supply

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's mardi gras right now

lots and lots of people congregating in New Orleans lol

couldnt make it back to nola this year but im going to a party tonight and getting crawfish though :chaostrump:

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
South America looking to finally get in the game.

https://twitter.com/MundoEConflicto/status/1232378639414628354?s=19

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I'm not worried tbh, Trump has it under control.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Dried are cheaper and easier to store but they do require cooking so they're less convenient, if you have a pressure cooker like an instant pot dried are pretty easy to make but if the power goes outyoure sol

is coronavirus going to mutate and infect the power grid too

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

more than 260 people suspected of having it in chile lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

there is no way this is popping up with hundreds of cases in a day in chile and there is only like 50 cases in the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

there is no way that a red cube disease could have spread so far into black and blue parts of the map in fewer than a game-ending 8 outbreaks