Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Why are people in this thread so excited about people dying? Overpopulation is a neoliberal and white supremacist myth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I was going to buy some plane tickets for a vacation next month but I think it's fair odds we'll come to a point where you can't get back in

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oh god india is gonna catch corona from pakistan when they do their cool rear end border ceremonies

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1232374971147546625?s=20

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1232378378990342144

twoday
May 4, 2005

strong start

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

Chuka Umana posted:

Why are people in this thread so excited about people dying? Overpopulation is a neoliberal and white supremacist myth

Freudian death drive.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Chuka Umana posted:

Corona virus by all accounts is gonna disproportionately kill boomers, op

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chuka Umana posted:

It mostly kills people 55+, so it's the boomer death virus

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Dick Pound is trending on Twitter, we did it guys

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Boomerpox

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Squizzle posted:

is coronavirus going to mutate and infect the power grid too

No, just the linesmen and engineers that keep our ancient infrastructure from collapsing

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Wait, really? poo poo, I was hoping it'd kill me. :geno:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Chuka Umana posted:

Bc it's mostly boomers who are dying

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/LiveSquawk/status/1232373416000442368?s=20

All is well!

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Chuka Umana posted:

Morbid curiosity. Humor is a great way to relieve stress and that's why people joke about these things.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Mayor Dave posted:

Bc it's mostly boomers who are dying

I'm gonna need to see some proof.

Also you really want your parents to die (if they are still alive)?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thank you lord jesus for president trump

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Squizzle posted:

is coronavirus going to mutate and infect the power grid too

societal collapse is always a month away

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

i heard that it was engineered by communists to help bernie and it kills you if you have brain and gland structures that make you hate taxes

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

someone ps baghdad bob in front of the stock market, a cruise ship and silver boxes

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

LMAO at "looking for partners". Just start a Kickstarter, stretch goal is a t-shirt and keychain

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it owns that trump is in complete denial mode about this because hes terrified about the economy ruining his reelection. because being in denial is just going to make this worse and guarantee it smashes the economy and gives us president bernie.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

what a dumb thing to do when they haven't even gotten a handle on it yet

twoday
May 4, 2005

Americans finally just now started tweeting about the virus and now my feed is filled with pundits and hot takes instead of the Romanian newspapers and Falun Gong shame cube videos

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
It will be really weird to watch Bernie do rest of his rallies from inside of a transparent plastic bubble.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

there is no way this is popping up with hundreds of cases in a day in chile and there is only like 50 cases in the US

only 50? lol

try 2,000 plus probably

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Chuka Umana posted:

I lust for boomer death, can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

also it's not even a doctor if you're going to lie at least get an md out there to do it

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Sure, of course I'll trust a news source literally called ":kingsley:WORLD IN CONFLICT:kingsley:".

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1232380929038880768

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BoldFace posted:

It will be really weird to watch Bernie do rest of his rallies from inside of a transparent plastic bubble.

buttigieg is going to catch it so he can bring it to the debate

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

there is no way this is popping up with hundreds of cases in a day in chile and there is only like 50 cases in the US

Coronachan threw a hail mary at Chile.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

it owns that trump is in complete denial mode about this because hes terrified about the economy ruining his reelection. because being in denial is just going to make this worse and guarantee it smashes the economy and gives us president bernie.

One flaw with this: Bernie is 78.

I hope our absolute boy camps out in a cleanroom surrounded by a crowd of doctors and nurses at all times.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

gently caress that's a fashy haircut

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

get well soon number :(

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

I'm gonna need to see some proof.

a good chunk of us already concluded a month ago that a global pandemic was inevitable due to the long incubation period, the huge r0, and how catastrophic fuckups (on the governmental level and individual level) are practically guaranteed in any kind of big event like this

since we already know the ending to this story we can enjoy the dramatic irony that comes from watching supposedly intelligent people underestimating the threat and loving up over and over again

also laughter keeps me from dwelling on the horror that my parents might be dead before christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
me looking at the proles from atop my mountain of beans

https://twitter.com/jcenters/status/1232383017756299264