Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

on the chapo sub the best joke was "the 2nd fight for 15 he lost this week"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/25/politics/joe-biden-south-carolina-poll-bernie-sanders/index.html

quote:

Consider:
1) Roughly 1 in 3 Biden backers in the poll (32%) said they might vote for another candidate on Saturday. Just more than 1 in 10 Sanders supporters (12%) said the same. That's broadly consistent with what we've seen throughout this primary to date; Sanders has the most committed support, while Biden's has been among the least committed.

2) This poll was in the field from February 18 to February 21. On February 19, the top six Democrats appeared at a debate in Las Vegas. Because of that, the pollsters broke out interviews they conducted before the debate and those they conducted after it. In the pre-debate sample, Biden led Sanders by 10. In the post-debate sample, the two candidates were dead even. That suggests momentum was moving in Sanders' direction even before he won a surprisingly sweeping victory in the Nevada caucuses on Saturday.

3) Among voters with a clear candidate preference or those who had already voted, more than 7 in 10 (72%) Bernie-backers said they "strongly supported" him. Among those with preference for Biden that strong support was at 61%. Again, a clear passion/enthusiasm gap there.

4) Biden is still the first choice of black voters, but Sanders -- and billionaire businessman Tom Steyer -- are holding their own. Biden takes 35% among black voters to 20% for Sanders and 19% for Steyer. That's a stunning contrast to the 72 percentage-point margin that Sanders lost black voters to Hillary Clinton by in the 2016 South Carolina primary. For Biden to win, he badly needs to run up the score among black voters -- especially because he is losing whites to Sanders in this poll by 8 points. If Sanders and Steyer can combine to win 4 (or so) out of every 10 black votes in Saturday, Biden's path to victory get rockier.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Louisgod posted:

Doubtful Bloomberg's going to do any better, it's clear he has no natural skill or experience to properly navigate how to avoid or redirect attacks against him. Him responding a day later saying he'll release women from hid NDAs affirms he sucks major rear end at this.

"look we've searched through and found 3 women we can release from nda because they have the worst cases and will be the least harmful. but we won't tell them which 3 women it is so all the women under nda can decide if they're one of the three and if they're not we're going to bury them in court and bankrupt them"

okay honestly don't know since this issue died immediately afterwards and there hasn't been a followup.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

freckle posted:

is that you

ever read the book of jubilees??

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

I feel as though winning an unprecedented number of states as a Democratic candidate supercedes notions of being a "registered" democrat

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Was this posted yet in response?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzHn8f9cFEw

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
jubblies

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Was this posted yet?

https://twitter.com/jheil/status/1232137595758444544

Booty explaining himself tomorrow: "uhhh, let me be clear"

the caucasity of hope

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lmao

https://twitter.com/RileySnyder/status/1232380613652402176

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

The Joe Man posted:

(it's gonna be Tulsi though)

your years of cougar hunting have blinded you

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/dannynett/status/1232381020542001152

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

zegermans posted:

German tank superiority is a complete myth probably propagated by all the Nazis that immediately integrated themselves into the West German and US governments. The entire concept of biltzkrieg required a country to surrender quickly, because German equipment didn't last longer than 2 weeks. T-34s and T-34-85s could easily beat any production German tank, and they were making 50 per day.

Bonus pic of Wernher van Braun chilling in his office, proudly showing off all the rockets he designed including a Nazi weapon that killed as many people as 9/11

I'm gonna let my inner grognard derail this thread a bit but who cares because just post, but a big reason for the myth of German tank superiority in the west and the myth of Sherman tanks being junk is because the western Allies were mostly on the offensive and driving into dug in and concealed German positions so they were naturally losing more tanks than the Germans.

Meanwhile a German battalion of Tiger tanks withdrawing from near Rome lost half its tanks just to mechanical breakdowns driving down a road

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

the biggest chunk are likely the nytimes or caucuses not applying early votes correctly. most of the errors seem to be in 3rd or 4th place, and the article states that nothing was amiss with bernie’s massive victory.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Going to be great when bernie sweeps all but florida thanks to this

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

freckle posted:

jubblies

:shuckyes:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mutar posted:

your years of cougar hunting have blinded you

Better to be blinded by the light than to see only darkness.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

that guy is very stupid

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dante80 posted:

So I put in "cuck" and the third result was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhRBsJYWR8Q

checks out

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

thats fine, it will only make him stronger

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dante80 posted:

So I put in "cuck" and the third result was this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhRBsJYWR8Q

Cuck Philosophy is pretty good for a lefty YouTube channel lol

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/USA_Polling/status/1232392693835292678

yeehaw

nah
Mar 16, 2009

seeing Vermont being in the Super Tuesday made me look back at 2016. in Bennington County, Bernie won 80% of the vote. that was the lowest percentage county he had in the whole state

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

every previously unengaged hispanic person in texas is voting early, for bernie

it is a warm-up to a blue texas in november

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

every previously unengaged hispanic person in texas is voting early, for bernie

it is a warm-up to a blue texas in november

the absolute mad man's gonna do it again

https://twitter.com/ChuckRocha/status/1232332299104071680

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

On the one hand this owns. On the other hand, white guy using brown hand emojis

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ikanreed posted:

Only Communists can create nukes

nukes are protons and electrons overcoming class division and overthrowing the tyranny of matter, freeing energy for their comrades

gently caress neutrons tho, fuckin' subatomic libs

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

T-man posted:

nukes are protons and electrons overcoming class division and overthrowing the tyranny of matter, freeing energy for their comrades

gently caress neutrons tho, fuckin' subatomic libs

Strong force? I'll show you what degenerate matter can do

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ikanreed posted:

pretty sure Chuck Rocha is Mexican American

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

my bony fealty posted:

Zimmermaned again

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

my bony fealty posted:

Indeed

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
So long Biden, and everyone else.

https://twitter.com/EmmaKinery/status/1232400905695354880

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

The penultimate demographic

only "Age 65+" remains

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

mad.radhu posted:

The penultimate demographic

only "Age 65+" remains

Coronavirus is on its way to help with that

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

alright brainstorm session: how can we counter decades of populist consistency and a ground game that he began 6+ months ago with staff that outnumber us by thousands???

-DNC, earlier today

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

imagine licking boot like this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's good for Bernie, right?

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Venom Snake posted:

The oppenheimer that invested the atomic bomb was a communist

So was Einstein, theory and practice, theory and experiment,

too bad the fascist us government used it on civilians and slaves just to send a message to Russia that we have no morals and will destroy the world if we feel like it

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Phlegmish posted:

That's good for Bernie, right?

yes (everything is good for bernie)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ikanreed posted:

:chloe: