Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1232407234950332417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Amazing how after everyone laughed how the vandalism before was no damage nonsense? And now it's bigger?

Hey someone should call the police for them so this gets investigated and we can watch Bloomberg people get in trouble.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Lol

https://twitter.com/conzmoleman/status/1232281368949919747?s=19

Ah yes my first job at 25, $75k/yr, that definitely checks out.

lol in my extended family of 3 or 4 dozen people on both sides of my parents I don't think a single other person makes that much money at any age. My parents or siblings never made that much money. Before someone kramers in to talk about cost of living in cities some of them are living in major metro areas too. The media has no idea how most of America lives.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lol

The only person I know making that much is a lawyer who’s a few years younger than I, but it took him a few years still to land that gig.

beejay posted:

I don't doubt that people say things like this, but is there any source for this besides this random twitter person quoting a "rando" themselves?

It was Mike Barnicle lol

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

When Tucker Carlson is the most reasonable voice in mass media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVGwAZyEVKQ

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

How do you even respond to Bloomberg bringing up this essay in the debate?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

tokyo reject posted:

I feel sympathy for Biden as much as I would for anyone else dealing with age induced addles or dementia.

Having gone through the heartbreaking cycle of dementia with my father and 2 of my grandparents, I have a hard time believing Biden doesn’t have perfectly lucid moments where he knows he’s losing it, and stays in the race anyways.

And for that, gently caress him. You don’t get a pass on your vanity just because you’re still the same vain rear end in a top hat you’ve always been, but now you have dementia too.

I dunno. He had to watch a son die of a brain tumor that can affect you much like dementia does. It may be denial as a form of self-preservation.

For all the dude has supported some bad poo poo he's had a lot of bad poo poo happen to him as well and I wish he'd have just retired after Beau died like he'd originally been talked into in 2016. Enjoyed the grandkids. Went out a respected elder statesman on a high note.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Shbobdb posted:

Especially since, frankly, most trans people I know went through a nasty self-hating/hypersexual/predator phase.

:yikes:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

"Oh please, that's ridiculous. Nobody believes anything you have to say after you lied about [x]"

Please substitute taxes, NDA, or Epstein for [x].

You just have to call out bullshit when it happens.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Bloomberg vandalizing his own offices is loving terrifying.

Zero morals, as I figured you would need to be him.

Bernie wrote an essay.

Michael Bloomberg sexually harassed multiple women at his workplace and has them all under a gag order preventing them from talking.

And apparently he only realized this was wrong recently.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yeah, uh, what? Self-hating is one thing, leaping from that to the other two is a hell of a thing.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Eat the rich, I don’t need to hate who they are. Just that they have and they won’t let us have it either. It’s that simple. This isn’t rocket science.

Jealousy? I’m gonna eat you motherfucker!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

People who are confused and hate what they are externalize those feelings, film at 11. Coupled with toxic masculinity, for extra toxicity.

That's why normalization and representation is important. Nips those bad decisions in the bud through the power or self love and acceptance.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1232339946180161539?s=20

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Shbobdb posted:

People who are confused and hate what they are externalize those feelings, film at 11. Coupled with toxic masculinity, for extra toxicity.

So your stated position is.. most trans people you know are or were hypersexual predators, because of toxic masculinity? Help me out here.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

if i were the dnc and i wanted to power down bernie and make him go away i would simply get the dodgers to go back to brooklyn

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

this is the correct response, but its Shbodbdbdbdbd, who should never be engaged with for any reason

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cabbit posted:

So your stated position is.. most trans people you know are or were hypersexual predators, because of toxic masculinity? Help me out here.

I think it’s one of those, thieves think everyone steals kinda thing.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shbobdb posted:

Especially since, frankly, most trans people I know went through a nasty self-hating/hypersexual/predator phase. They aren't proud of that but I've got to imagine being trans is a huge mindfuck (especially back in the 90s/early 00s). That's not a pass in any way, that's still obviously not ok. But that circles back to "people are people and some people are huge shitbags."

Hey uh, even if this is true, which it's not, you should have known better than to say it. What the gently caress dude.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

So is there going to be a tviv thread for the debate tonight now that we've gotten a real :ohno: derail going again?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

I don’t know, guess we’ll find out. I was surprised by how tame I found the essays, to be honest. At their core they’re just lefty rants about society oppressing our lives, but they also have an inflammatory tone to them that’s all anyone’s gonna point out. They’ll decry that he wrote about a fictional woman having a rape fantasy even though the article is blatantly lamenting that.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/bernie-sanders-vermont-freeman-sexual-freedom-fluoride/

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Pigbuster posted:

I don’t know, guess we’ll find out. I was surprised by how tame I found the essays, to be honest. At their core they’re just lefty rants about society oppressing our lives, but they also have an inflammatory tone to them that’s all anyone’s gonna point out. They’ll decry that he wrote about a fictional woman having a rape fantasy even though the article is blatantly lamenting that.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/bernie-sanders-vermont-freeman-sexual-freedom-fluoride/

then we will trot out the entire essay and the truth as often as is necessary

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, they went through a phase. Do you know what's not feminine? Banging semi-conscious chicks. Nobody calls the rapey meathead queer. They are obviously not proud of that phase and have grown beyond it. That's n=3/7. Another one was creepily predatory where it was all "you are transphobic if you don't sleep with me." So, a lovely person driven by internalized self hatred as opposed to lovely people driven by self hatred fueled by toxic masculinity. The other three weren't creeps, though two of them went through a toxic masculinity driven hypersexual phase (just minus the raping).

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

Yeah, they went through a phase. Do you know what's not feminine? Banging semi-conscious chicks. Nobody calls the rapey meathead queer. They are obviously not proud of that phase and have grown beyond it. That's n=3/7. Another one was creepily predatory where it was all "you are transphobic if you don't sleep with me." So, a lovely person driven by internalized self hatred as opposed to lovely people driven by self hatred fueled by toxic masculinity. The other three weren't creeps, though two of them went through a toxic masculinity driven hypersexual phase (just minus the raping).

Dig up stupid

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Shbobdb posted:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Lemming posted:

Dig up stupid

People asked for an explanation and I gave it. Sorry the lived experience of people I know upsets you. The patriarchy sucks man. That's why we need to smash it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shbobdb posted:

*walks up to podium, taps microphone several times, leans in and takes a deep breath*

"yikes Yikes YiKES YIKES yikeS yikes yiKES YIKES YIkes YiKeS YIKES. I will take no further questions."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"they may have been rapists, but at least they weren't creeps"

shut up, rear end in a top hat

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Hey guys what's going on in the th---

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Failed Imagineer posted:

"they may have been rapists, but at least they weren't creeps"

shut up, rear end in a top hat

I apologize if there was any confusion. I made a point of condemning the rapists. Let me do that again in no uncertain terms: rapists are bad.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/jamie_agust/status/1232352185897361410?s=21

This is the same woman that bragged about living in East Germany in the 70s

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:same:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Shbobdb posted:

I apologize if there was any confusion. I made a point of condemning the rapists. Let me do that again in no uncertain terms: rapists are bad.

The problem is your idea, and then doubling down on this idea, that there is a direct line between being trans and having a "phase" where you are a rapist.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Why is me talking about my life and people I know reportable?

I'm not condoning these activities. People asked me why toxic masculinity is bad. I answered.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

gohmak posted:

https://twitter.com/jamie_agust/status/1232352185897361410?s=21

This is the same woman that bragged about living in East Germany in the 70s

lol. i am still amused why boomers give a gently caress about cuba and castro. i know its cold war bullshit and "the one that got away" and castro was an rear end in a top hat but lol who cares, obama the neoliberal that he was legit opened relations with cuba and it was good until trump pissed that away.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shbobdb posted:

"I apologize if you were confused, but I didn't say or do anything wrong. No I will not go gently caress myself, how dare you"

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cabbit posted:

The problem is your idea, and then doubling down on this idea, that there is a direct line between being trans and having a "phase" where you are a rapist.

N=4/7. That's sky loving high numbers. An off cuff statement but that's why I qualified it as being just based off people I knew.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Shbobdb posted:

Why is me talking about my life and people I know reportable?

I'm not condoning these activities. People asked me why toxic masculinity is bad. I answered.
The problem isn't you talking about your life and the people you know, it's:

Cabbit posted:

your idea, and then doubling down on this idea, that there is a direct line between being trans and having a "phase" where you are a rapist.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Lol

Literally dropped my jaw at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
feelin good just donated some more money and bought me and boo boo some bernie shirts figured I’d pop in here and now i’m feelin bad