Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I assume it’s like TERFs demanding that they don’t have pronouns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I assume it’s a typo and there’s a word missing from the tweet

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sab0921 posted:

Good luck in Smith County.

Vote Bernie, and vote for Christina Ramirez - for the rest, go with god.

I’m back and I voted Bernie and Christina.

Everyone else I just kinda picked names at random cuz I had no idea who was good or bad.

Then on the car ride home the radio said there was a voting guide on KERA.org. GEE THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT SURE IS USEFUL FOR ME TO KNOW NOW

DICKS :shepface:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hope you didn't accidentally vote for Gohmert

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

Im sure it doesn't matter and every Dem on the ballot in Tyler is going to lose - so whomever is the sacrificial lamb doesn't make a difference one way or another.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux posted:

I assume it’s a typo and there’s a word missing from the tweet

Well well look who was correct as usual

https://twitter.com/rebekahallen/status/1232368036121841664

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I’m glad the district is not going to Ban Horny

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

I. M. Gei posted:

Everyone else I just kinda picked names at random cuz I had no idea who was good or bad.

Then on the car ride home the radio said there was a voting guide on KERA.org. GEE THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT SURE IS USEFUL FOR ME TO KNOW NOW

Please research and vote for good candidates down ballot. With out supporting these candidates we can’t develop good candidates for races further up the ballot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

dalstrs posted:

Please research and vote for good candidates down ballot. With out supporting these candidates we can’t develop good candidates for races further up the ballot.

He tried, we couldn't help him, probably because nobody bothers making progressive voter guides for Tyler Texas

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

when he made the original post I googled smith county and thought "good luck with allll that"

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

He tried, we couldn't help him, probably because nobody bothers making progressive voter guides for Tyler Texas

He could have at least called someone at the Tyler Democratic Party or something, but his research consisted of logging on to a slow moving thread on a dead forum to ask about Tyler, Texas where Democrats are probably more scarce than [INSERT CHARMING MOLLY IVINS QUOTE HERE].

This thread seems to skew very heavily to Austin and Houston - not sure there are any Dallas residents that post regularly.

Which brings up interesting topic - where you Texas pol posters from?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I've lived in Austin longer than anywhere else but: Amarillo, New Braunfels, Huntsville, Trinity, and BCS

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Born and raised in Houston and lived here basically my whole life (almost 40 years) except school in San Antonio for 4 years. I've spent significant time in Dallas (cumulatively probably close to a year). but not for quite a while (almost a decade at this point), and I've visited Austin plenty of times.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Born and raised in DFW, lived in Houston for a bit over a decade at this point.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Born and lived in the Austin area most of my life, with a few year-long sojourns out of state.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

zoux posted:

I voted on the Democrat side.

Sab0921 posted:

Im sure it doesn't matter and every Dem on the ballot in Tyler is going to lose - so whomever is the sacrificial lamb doesn't make a difference one way or another.

The only Democrat running is Hank Gilbert, who I know nothing about but he must be better than aggy dumbass Gohmert.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i've spent 32 years in travis and wilco

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I grew up in Waco

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Been kinda all over with stints in Dallas, several Dallas ‘burbs, Denton, El Paso, Houston, and B/CS.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sab0921 posted:

He could have at least called someone at the Tyler Democratic Party or something, but his research consisted of logging on to a slow moving thread on a dead forum to ask about Tyler, Texas where Democrats are probably more scarce than [INSERT CHARMING MOLLY IVINS QUOTE HERE].

This thread seems to skew very heavily to Austin and Houston - not sure there are any Dallas residents that post regularly.

I also checked Google but didn’t find anything. Maybe I was using bad search words? :shrug:

I JUST NOW discovered that Vote411.org is a thing that exists, via that KERA site, and man I wish I had found out about that before today. And that it showed up on Google when I was looking for voting guides.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sab0921 posted:

Born and raised in shithole Tyler, spent most of the latter half of my life living primarily in Austin going to college because living with ADHD is a bitch and a whore and I still don’t have a bachelors degree and every single day I wake up to face this reality is harder than the one before.

I envy the dead and I pray every day for humanity to invent a form of time travel within my lifetime that enables me to alter my past using knowledge from the present without loving up the fabric of the universe or wiping out my own existence.

I hate myself and my life.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Houston suburbs --> San Antonio for school --> Austin for work ( i am actively gentrifying cherrywood )

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

I grew up in Waco

*nods knowingly*

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

I. M. Gei posted:

https://www.vote411.org/ has a really good tool that shows you all the candidate positions (if they answered the league of women voter questionnaire). You make your pick on the website, and then print out your choices to take to the voting booth.

Too late I know, but keep this site in mind!

Edit: Didn't see the post above when I wrote mine. Sorry I was late on getting this info to you.

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 25, 2020

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Sab0921 posted:

Carrollton in Denton County. We exist! Dozens (singles) of us!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ah, of course

Ah gently caress I moved down around 1626 and now I'm in TX-21

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

I. M. Gei posted:

Born and raised in shithole Tyler, spent most of the latter half of my life living primarily in Austin going to college because living with ADHD is a bitch and a whore and I still don’t have a bachelors degree and every single day I wake up to face this reality is harder than the one before.

I envy the dead and I pray every day for humanity to invent a form of time travel within my lifetime that enables me to alter my past using knowledge from the present without loving up the fabric of the universe or wiping out my own existence.

I hate myself and my life.

I can't speak to the first part, but to the rest, :same:.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Grew up in west TX near Midland, went to college in B/CS, recently moved to San Antonio.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
San Antonio here for like 7+ years

It was super hard to find info on stuff like county chair and things that weren't from one biased side or another

Any truth to these?

https://twitter.com/jvgraz/status/1231763507722539008

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I grew up in Albuquerque, NM and have lived in Austin for close to 7 years now. I'm not sure I'll ever feel like anything other than a New Mexican outsider. Texas seems to have spent a lot of time trying to steal New Mexico's resources or claim its territory, but at least I can always remember with pride that we kicked their asses at the Battle of Glorieta Pass.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

From Houston area, Deer Park, then Sugar Land. Moved to BCS to be an Aggie, stuck around to work here.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

SirKibbles posted:

It was super hard to find info on stuff like county chair and things that weren't from one biased side or another

Any truth to these?

Can’t watch at the moment but

Chief Technical Officer to the @Sema4Texas campaign.

As I said, losing her drat mind that someone else dared run in her lane. Burning everything down because she is going to get 4% of the vote instead of potentially as high as 10!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Grew up in Massachusetts, now tainting Texas with my baleful Yankee influence for the last 13 years

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I was born in Austin and have lived here my entire life. Can't wait to see how gerrymandered we are next map! Let's get that bad boy up to 8 districts!

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
ive heard a couple of rumors about Ramirez that are kind of concerning but completely unsubstantiated.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SirKibbles posted:

Any truth to these?

Comrayn posted:

Lmao I would be shocked

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Comrayn posted:

Can’t watch at the moment but

As I said, losing her drat mind that someone else dared run in her lane. Burning everything down because she is going to get 4% of the vote instead of potentially as high as 10!

Yeah, I’m going to withhold judgment until I hear anything from a source that isn’t directly tied to Sema Hernandez. I don’t really trust Sema at all. Her excuse for why she posted MAGA poo poo after Trump got elected was suspect as hell.

AOC isn’t perfect by any means, but I do trust her and her endorsement is enough for me until proven otherwise.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The fact that Sema is targeting Cristina, who is the closest ideologically to her, rather than the ultra-moderate other candidates should tell you something.

Incidentally what was her excuse for the MAGA stuff

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

TropicalCoke posted:

ive heard a couple of rumors about Ramirez that are kind of concerning but completely unsubstantiated.

The attacks on Ramirez for changing her name from the Sema camp are pretty gross imo. Like this isn’t even a Beto situation, her mom is undeniably from Mexico and had the surname Tzintzún. She may have changed her name for political expediency, and that’s something to consider, but they’re basically calling her a fake Latina because she had an Anglo last name from her father and she moved from Ohio when she was young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

The attacks on Ramirez for changing her name from the Sema camp are pretty gross imo. Like this isn’t even a Beto situation, her mom is undeniably from Mexico and had the surname Tzintzún. She may have changed her name for political expediency, and that’s something to consider, but they’re basically calling her a fake Latina because she had an Anglo last name from her father and she moved from Ohio when she was young.

I believe the issue was that was that by adding in the Tzintzun she was appealing to some kind of esoteric intra-latino conflict over racial authenticity, that is to say, Cristina was implying she's a "real Mexican" as opposed to other hispanic candidates.

I have no idea how salient this issue is in Hispanic political circles in Texas.