Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I have a bunch of Qs like, tons, I played a shitton before so I'd be happy to buy some goons the egg from the Qs store, the only problem is if we manage to get into the same instance....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
As a complete newbie, landing on the anomaly for the first time last Saturday, I was confused when someone dumped a random egg in my inventory...

So it's useful huh?

Also whoever mentioned chlorine as a good way to get cash early on, thanks. I make sure I buy oxygen whenever I land on a new station and I'm good to go.

I've seen what people have been saying about buying/scrapping ships for the inventory upgrades, but what about buying your first ship. Any recommendations?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Roblo posted:

As a complete newbie, landing on the anomaly for the first time last Saturday, I was confused when someone dumped a random egg in my inventory...

So it's useful huh?

Also whoever mentioned chlorine as a good way to get cash early on, thanks. I make sure I buy oxygen whenever I land on a new station and I'm good to go.

I've seen what people have been saying about buying/scrapping ships for the inventory upgrades, but what about buying your first ship. Any recommendations?

Get whatever you like the look and cockpit of, you can throw cash and nanites at it to boost it up now?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Man, I wish there were people on PS4 hust tossing out rando eggs. Or at least being around to help do missions. I can't kill 35 Abominations on my own.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

ShootaBoy posted:

Man, I wish there were people on PS4 hust tossing out rando eggs. Or at least being around to help do missions. I can't kill 35 Abominations on my own.

Sure you can, that's why God made plasma launchers and exosuit shield upgrades.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Glazius posted:

Sure you can, that's why God made plasma launchers and exosuit shield upgrades.

I only just built a basic gun into my exotool. This is my first game since they did the initial revamp.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

My only death in this game was self inflicted. I uninstalled the plasma launcher after that.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

ShootaBoy posted:

I only just built a basic gun into my exotool. This is my first game since they did the initial revamp.

Ah, okay. Yeah, Anomaly content isn't really something you can solo in beginner gear, at least not if they're expecting you to fight. Get a bigger multitool and put a scatter blaster and/or plasma launcher in it, and bulk out your exosuit too. Three A- or S-rank bonuses should get you there.

Yes, those cost nanites. Space station missions don't pay out as well but they're generally a lot easier.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Han Nehi posted:

My only death in this game was self inflicted. I uninstalled the plasma launcher after that.

The first time I dropped a grenade on my own feet, I laughed so hard I almost choked.

Now I carry both versions of the grenade launcher, both heavily upgraded. I'm a walking menace

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Glazius posted:

Ah, okay. Yeah, Anomaly content isn't really something you can solo in beginner gear, at least not if they're expecting you to fight. Get a bigger multitool and put a scatter blaster and/or plasma launcher in it, and bulk out your exosuit too. Three A- or S-rank bonuses should get you there.

Yes, those cost nanites. Space station missions don't pay out as well but they're generally a lot easier.
My main issue right now preventing me from swapping tools is that I haven't seen a single other exotool that has a terrain tool, and I don't wanna give that up without being able to make a new one right away, and I don't know if I can do that.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

You should have a blueprint to make one and they only need dihydrogen jelly and carbon nanotubes to make, which you can easily source on any planet.

If you're really unsure try dismantling your existing one and see if you can rebuild it. If you can't just reload your last save.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Also you can carry up to three multitools now.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

If I've got some busted ships somewhere. Do I have to repair their engines and fly them up to a space station to scrap them?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Roblo posted:

If I've got some busted ships somewhere. Do I have to repair their engines and fly them up to a space station to scrap them?

Yes, but it's cheap to do so.

Unless you don't, please someone tell me if so.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Roblo posted:

I'd also like to know this. I have some busted up piece of poo poo I scooped off a plant that I can sell for several million and I'd like to cash it out.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Launch Thruster and Pulse Engine are all you have to repair. It won't go anywhere until after you fix those.

The issue is you can't actually FLY it into the space station to salvage it, until the launch thruster and pulse engine are fixed.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

ShootaBoy posted:

get on top of the building. Shoot them. When they retreat, shoot another egg. Repeat.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

I'd also like to know this. I have some busted up piece of poo poo I scooped off a plant that I can sell for several million and I'd like to cash it out.

What I'll do is summon the broken ship outside of my base, hop in to set it as the active ship, hop back out and walk to my teleporter. Teleporting onto a station will bring your broken ship with you; walk to the salvage interface and scrap it. The game will bring one of your functional ships to the station as soon as the broken one is melted.

No repairs needed!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
i wish you could install a remote control / ai drone upgrade into your ships. Combine it with a target designator multitool attachment and you could just designate targets to be blasted into oblivion by your ship. Of course, this would require letting ships hover and reverse first, which there's no real reason why they shouldn't be able to, albeit at low speeds.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
"Added the ability to use nanites to evolve upgrades that have been installed inside Living Ships."

Excellent, now you just have to find three of each upgrade, instead of rng those fuckers for hours and hours.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
From this, in case others have not seen it:

Patch Notes

Fixed an issue that caused Cuboid Roof Caps to snap to the floor, rather than the roof, of Cuboid Rooms.
Added a chance to find cargo pods at derelict freighter space encounters.
Fixed an issue that caused extra, incorrect inventory tabs to appear when comparing ships or freighters.
Fixed an issue that caused frigates not to award cargo.
Water reflections have been removed in PC VR (matching PS VR) to improve visual quality.
A toggle has been added to the General Options menu to disable Auto Torch.
Fixed a number of issues that prevented Atlas words from being learned correctly.
Slightly reduced the time taken for Living Ship components to mature, so that they do not exceed 24 hours.
Implemented a recovery fix for players whose Starbirth missions failed to locate an appropriate planet or building at the coordinates steps.
Fixed an issue which duplicated the default filter in photo mode.
Fixed an issue that caused pinned instructions involving Atlas Stones to suggest that Atlas Stones could be collected from factories.
Fixed an issue which affected the portable refiner when picking it up with one too few inventory slots available.
Fixed an issue that caused too much warp fuel to be consumed when warping in VR.
Fixed an issue that caused HUD elements to be incorrectly displayed during warp.
Fixed an issue that caused ships to judder and disappear when landing in multiplayer.
Fixed an issue that caused players to miss the landing pads when landing at an outpost.
Expedition holograms now turn green when the expedition is complete.
Fixed an issue that caused ‘Hostile Ships Defeated’ audio to play when combat frigates arrive to assist in a fight.
Fixed a rare crash when collecting cargo from a frigate.
Fixed a rare crash that could occur when streaming in the Space Anomaly.
Added the ability to use nanites to evolve upgrades that have been installed inside Living Ships.
Fixed a small visual glitch that could occur when exiting mission dialogue interactions.
Fixed an issue that allowed re-interaction with a living ship that was flying away.
Fixed an issue that caused stats to be named incorrectly in the descriptions of upgrade modules.
Prevented the Starbirth mission from starting in the middle of a multiplayer Nexus mission.
Fixed a number of minor visual issues with the Living Ship cockpits.
Fixed a visual issue with the contrails from the Living Ship.
Fixed an issue that caused shuttle-class starships to change appearance.
Fixed a rare crash that could occur when handing in a Nexus mission.
Fixed a crash that could occur when pinning directions for Frost Crystals.
Fixed a number of small mission flow problems in the directions for various substances.
Fixed an issue that allowed two living ships to spawn at the same location.
Fixed an issue that could cause portal warps to fail, resulting in players being returned to their previous system or pushed under the terrain.

Ambaire posted:

i wish you could install a remote control / ai drone upgrade into your ships. Combine it with a target designator multitool attachment and you could just designate targets to be blasted into oblivion by your ship. Of course, this would require letting ships hover and reverse first, which there's no real reason why they shouldn't be able to, albeit at low speeds.

With mods you can hover, and its sublime.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 27, 2020

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
I've been away from the game since shortly after the VR update dropped. Did they fix the issue where if you tried playing it in VR with mods loaded the game wouldn't load properly*? Also did they improve VR performance in general?

*I believe the issue was/is due to the screen that warned you were using mods was blank in VR so you couldn't confirm and move on with the loading process.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh sweet, I found a way to get past that dumb "find these exact coordinates" part of the Living Ship quest. Purchasing a map to the nearest alien monolith in the same system. Gave me the exact coordinates of my target.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
the code above is the address of the planet you need to go to, lots of people are basically putting markers where the "graves" are there as well, so that should speed things up a bit.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm stuck on my loving freighter after the update. There are the weird rails that look like the bottom of old walls running through the main area, I'm partially clipping through the floor, and whenever I try to walk down to the Hangar, it lets me through the first door, but then I can't go through the open second door, and can't go back through the first one.

Thank God I have an autosave in the hangar, but if I can't access my freighter anymore, what the gently caress??

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

blarzgh posted:

I'm stuck on my loving freighter after the update. There are the weird rails that look like the bottom of old walls running through the main area, I'm partially clipping through the floor, and whenever I try to walk down to the Hangar, it lets me through the first door, but then I can't go through the open second door, and can't go back through the first one.

Thank God I have an autosave in the hangar, but if I can't access my freighter anymore, what the gently caress??

I've had that happen when my freighter interested some space geometry in a previous patch. Have you tried jumping to another system and calling your freighter?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ItBreathes posted:

I've had that happen when my freighter interested some space geometry in a previous patch. Have you tried jumping to another system and calling your freighter?

I'll try that, Thanks

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

blarzgh posted:

I had that happen after I logged out on my freighter. I think the game just random jumped something else into the system right on top of it? Relogging fixed it.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Speedball posted:

Oh sweet, I found a way to get past that dumb "find these exact coordinates" part of the Living Ship quest. Purchasing a map to the nearest alien monolith in the same system. Gave me the exact coordinates of my target.

Oh poo poo, really? That's brilliant!

Went to do the first part of the egg mission in my own account. It wanted a planet with anomalies etc. Went to that planet in the system and it wasn't it!

In the end it was on a moon of an unknown planet (all planets had been mapped). It was listed as a lost blue planet. Weird.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

This weekends Anomaly quest was a loving windfall for me. Sent me to a planet that occasionally got hit by mega hot rainstorms, but they also revealed a super rare crystal thing that sold for a ton. No sentinels on the planet, so I just ran around gathering those things as I got the bits for the quest, all while leveling up my milestone progress for extreme survival. By the end of it, I was up a good few million units, and I'm only 1000 off getting a ship egg. A good day.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I feel quite lucky. Two people so far have gifted me a void egg at random.

Anyone got any tips for frigate fuel? Getting the dihydrogen is a pain...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Roblo posted:

TY, this post gave me an idea to pay it forward.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Roblo posted:

Anyone got any tips for frigate fuel? Getting the dihydrogen is a pain...

40 Dihydrogen crafts to 1 DiHydrogen Jelly. 1 Jelly refines to 50 Dihydrogen.

Craft Jelly, refine jelly, craft Jelly, refine jelly, cr

Edit: if you have even a little cash, lots of pilots will sell the jelly at trading Post and space stations, so just buy an asston of it and break it down. Much faster

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 29, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

40 Dihydrogen crafts to 1 DiHydrogen Jelly. 1 Jelly refines to 50 Dihydrogen.

Craft Jelly, refine jelly, craft Jelly, refine jelly, cr

Edit: if you have even a little cash, lots of pilots will sell the jelly at trading Post and space stations, so just buy an asston of it and break it down. Much faster

You can also just use refiners for a slightly faster effect. 30 Di-Hydrogen refine to 1 Jelly, then you refine the Jelly back to 50 Di-Hydrogen.

Alternatively, Tritium refines to Di-Hydrogen, so if you have tons of that stuff lying around from all the times you were randomly shooting asteroids, you can do that, too.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Got a nice run of easy missions from the Nexus, so now I just need one more tomorrow and I should have enough for an egg. Anything important I should know or stock up on before I do?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

ShootaBoy posted:

Got a nice run of easy missions from the Nexus, so now I just need one more tomorrow and I should have enough for an egg. Anything important I should know or stock up on before I do?

I think a couple of the steps need mordite maybe?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Roblo posted:

So it's useful huh?

Got back into playing this when the update dropped, and had some guy called Goku do the same thing to me as well as giving me a couple of bits of space junk that were worth 250 million credits. So that guy is an absolute hero, and I can't see me needing to worry about basic cash for some time.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Wolfechu posted:

Got back into playing this when the update dropped, and had some guy called Goku do the same thing to me as well as giving me a couple of bits of space junk that were worth 250 million credits. So that guy is an absolute hero, and I can't see me needing to worry about basic cash for some time.

I hate when that happens. I enjoy the slow road to riches, makes me feel successful.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

John F Bennett posted:

I hate when that happens. I enjoy the slow road to riches, makes me feel successful.

Then pay it forward and let someone else benefit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

While we are on this subject, on PS4 how the hell do I gift someone something? I wanna give someone my spare egg.