Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Evil Fluffy posted:

What's an EZA you guys keep mentioning? Extreme Z Awaken?
Yeah, they're generally higher end content so don't worry about them too much yet. Some of them are easier, particularly the one for Namek saga Gohan (the story event to get that card is currently available as well if you wanna grind for him, even if his EZA event is not available), but most of them you won't be able to do yet.

quote:

Would it still be worth focusing on grinding out a Ginyu team over leveling that squad and unlocking potential on them? IT looks like their stats are a lot lower than the broly+raditz units with the upside of being easier(?) to farm their potential orbs.
In short, yes. As mentioned above, the Ginyus are a cohesive team designed to go together with lots of compatible link skills. Plus it's hard to argue with being gifted a free LR for maxing them all (and you don't even have to awaken it, the card STARTS at LR level). Honestly the INT Broly from that movie story event is just kind of 'okay.' Raditz is great through, don't feel bad about investing in him.

quote:

I've played for 5-10 hours over the last few days while doing other stuff, I guess? It doesn't seem like there's much in terms of stones when you start right now so I have no idea how long rerolling would take, though the new Goku looks real drat tempting to do so. If the Ginyu squad (or my current one) is strong enough to make it not matter for the forseeable future I'll just pass on it and grind out ginyu stuff.
Rerolling involves wiping your game data and redoing the tutorial chunk of the game over and over, using your beginner stones to summon on the best banners available until you get something good and wiping and starting over if you don't. It's kinda tedious and takes patience and I don't really recommend it. If we were in the midst of a major banner like the anniversary celebration it'd be different. As it is now, I'd say just carry on and enjoy yourself.

quote:

Do the LR-capable units have the same rates as other base SSR cards or are they in their own separate (and lower rate) group?
Sort of both? Units that are 'featured' on any given banner have a higher chance of being drawn, but every SSR that is featured, whether they can become an LR or not, has the same drop chance, and then everything in the unfeatured (general) pool has an equivalent (but overall lower) drop chance as well. On the legendary banners, most summonable LR cards are in the general pool. The only ones that are not are dokkanfest exclusive cards (basically the high end units that tend to be the most viable team leaders), which are only available when a dokkanfest banner specifically features them, but when they are, they have the same odds as any other featured character.

quote:

e: The Goku I got for 5 stones from that SSR banner is AllOut Charge SSJ Goku. He's weaker than the farmable Broly Goku. :sigh:
Eurgh, yeah, that card's garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

CidGregor posted:

Yeah, they're generally higher end content so don't worry about them too much yet. Some of them are easier, particularly the one for Namek saga Gohan (the story event to get that card is currently available as well if you wanna grind for him, even if his EZA event is not available), but most of them you won't be able to do yet.

quite a few of the EZA events start out easy enough to get the first 5 or so medals with a so-so team. it's not a big improvement but even an additional 5 levels and 1 super level can make a difference.
also namek saga gohan is a surprisingly solid card, and you can still use him as a leader for a ginyu force team once you do his event.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Thanks for the tips. With the story rank xp and 1/2 stam it sounds like the best thing to do is clear as much of the story (and on the various difficulties) as possible while burning stamina on the daily Ginyu stages to try and chain rank ups as my stamina empties out since this isn't a game that adds rank up stamina to your existing amount (which sucks, because I know I wasted a lot of stamina due to that).

I'd been grinding the Broly movie stages to power up winter coat Goku and Vegeta (I did notice Broly seems not as good even with them all at UR) but I'll work on a Ginyu team for awhile. Finding leaders for them seems like it'll suck outside of the occasional "boosts all types" leads though.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Evil Fluffy posted:

Thanks for the tips. With the story rank xp and 1/2 stam it sounds like the best thing to do is clear as much of the story (and on the various difficulties) as possible while burning stamina on the daily Ginyu stages to try and chain rank ups as my stamina empties out since this isn't a game that adds rank up stamina to your existing amount (which sucks, because I know I wasted a lot of stamina due to that).

I'd been grinding the Broly movie stages to power up winter coat Goku and Vegeta (I did notice Broly seems not as good even with them all at UR) but I'll work on a Ginyu team for awhile. Finding leaders for them seems like it'll suck outside of the occasional "boosts all types" leads though.

You can just team up with a TEQ frieza who gives +3ki and 120% to all attributes to extreme types, he won't get ginyu's category boost but is otherwise solid and more common than ginyu.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sounds like you're on the right track. Sorry if any of it was confusing, like many mobile games it feels like it's intentionally a little obtuse as well as having designed resource shortages for the unwary. One thing to note is make sure you are levelling up your special attack rating for characters before they evolve past where the easily farmable dupes will work (it has to be the same card with some uncommon exceptions.) The same is true for the "Hidden Potential Awakenting" where you need to use cards identical to the card you're unlocking (level can be 1 though) to unlock the four paths.

Funnily enough when you finish the Ginyu Force team (max level, all awakenings etc) you get a surprise LR of Captain Ginyu swapped into Goku's body.

He's the perfect leader for the team, but of course it's weeks of grinding between you and getting it unfortunately. The only real downside to him is his hidden potential routes are pretty much sealed forever without some arcane and confusing methods of acquiring dupes, and there's no way of raising his special attack without feeding him the universal or teq skill fodder which you'll probably want to hoard like Scrooge.

So one extra bit of suggestion: There are two events going on at the moment, a valentine's one and a 'growth' one. You find these in the 'treasure' section of baba's shop. There are three characters in the valentine's currency who aren't amazing on their own, but they are all in the 'peppy girls' category which is useful for getting bonus items in the daily "Turtle School Training" event, so it's likely worth investing the 1500 chocolate in them for that if nothing else. Again might want to wait for smarter people in the thread to chime in, but there doesn't seem to be anything super remarkable for the chocolate otherwise.

On the other hand I'd suggest seriously considering using your growth medals on the Elder Kais cards, on the right side of the screen greyed out because I bought all that were available. They're a fairly difficult to get item that acts as a universal skill up when fed to a card as training fodder. As before I could well be stupid and wrong, but that was definitely the standout for the growth medals for me.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Evil Fluffy posted:

As mentioned in the pic above, the free LR Ginyu-Goku you get for maxing them all is a Ginyu Force leader skill, so that'll solve your problem there. For them, at least.

Definitely still work on winter coat Goku and Vegeta when you can though, they're both high-end f2p units, and you might be able to do at least *part* of their EZA event (the wrathful Broly EZA currently up is for four characters and those are two of them).

Agreed with Blorknorg, too, spend those valentines chocolates on getting the free copies of TEQ 18, INT Videl and AGL Mai, they're all pretty solid, especially on a Peppy Gals team. 18 is tanky, Videl heals, and Mai has probably the highest stun chance in the game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Thanks, once I get them set up I can look for freeza and ginyu leaders. I might look for the thousand wishes goku that crops up occasionally too since that's another 100% to everything (but wouldn't get the Ginyu buff).

I picked up the 3 valentine day cards (got the last one today) since I figured they'd have some solid uses beyond boosting the turtle hermit drops.

Blorknorg posted:

Sounds like you're on the right track. Sorry if any of it was confusing, like many mobile games it feels like it's intentionally a little obtuse as well as having designed resource shortages for the unwary. One thing to note is make sure you are levelling up your special attack rating for characters before they evolve past where the easily farmable dupes will work (it has to be the same card with some uncommon exceptions.) The same is true for the "Hidden Potential Awakenting" where you need to use cards identical to the card you're unlocking (level can be 1 though) to unlock the four paths.

On the other hand I'd suggest seriously considering using your growth medals on the Elder Kais cards, on the right side of the screen greyed out because I bought all that were available. They're a fairly difficult to get item that acts as a universal skill up when fed to a card as training fodder. As before I could well be stupid and wrong, but that was definitely the standout for the growth medals for me.

I have Dokkan evolved anything yet, so the coat goku/vegeta will get their 4 awaken dupes and 10 skill up dupes before that happens. Same with the Ginyu units but their drop rate's so much higher that seems like it'll be a non-issue while farming their orbs.

With my current rank I can endlessly chain farm the ginyu stage of the day while running the occasional story level so that I'm at/near 0 stamina when I level so Guldo and Ginyu are both pretty far along. Do I need to Dokkan evolve them too for the LR card or just take them to the normal UR and 100% awakening?

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Thanks, once I get them set up I can look for freeza and ginyu leaders. I might look for the thousand wishes goku that crops up occasionally too since that's another 100% to everything (but wouldn't get the Ginyu buff).

I picked up the 3 valentine day cards (got the last one today) since I figured they'd have some solid uses beyond boosting the turtle hermit drops.

I have Dokkan evolved anything yet, so the coat goku/vegeta will get their 4 awaken dupes and 10 skill up dupes before that happens. Same with the Ginyu units but their drop rate's so much higher that seems like it'll be a non-issue while farming their orbs.

With my current rank I can endlessly chain farm the ginyu stage of the day while running the occasional story level so that I'm at/near 0 stamina when I level so Guldo and Ginyu are both pretty far along. Do I need to Dokkan evolve them too for the LR card or just take them to the normal UR and 100% awakening?

Basically you need to have the Ginyu force all at level 120 with 100% awakening. They don't have an EZA yet which are the special medals that let you go to level 140 in various stages. EZA events have 30 relevant stages that give various amounts of medals as rewards and a dragon stone each time. Coat Vegeta and Goku, and Vegeta Jr (GT) were the only EZAs I've been able to fully complete so for instance my Goku Jr (also from GT) and my set of Goku, Gohan, and Goten from a special event ages ago are perpetually stuck at level 130 because I just can't clear any levels higher than I have.

One of the big things with EZA's is they have a very specific set of card traits that you really need to have a team of if you want to complete the 30.

I'm not sure what Dokkan Awaken even actually means, but it seems to just be a term for something that evolves a card into a different form at level 1.

Here, I tossed together these images, maybe they can clear up a bit since the game's interface was certainly confusing for me at first.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Blorknorg posted:

I'm not sure what Dokkan Awaken even actually means, but it seems to just be a term for something that evolves a card into a different form at level 1.
That is what it's officially called, yes. I don't think it has a deeper meaning than that, it's probably just a videogame nonsense word.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I might look for the thousand wishes goku that crops up occasionally too since that's another 100% to everything.

Thousandfold Plea Goku is a login reward. You get five copies of it (the base plus 4 to unlock hidden potential paths) for, quite literally, one thousand days of total logins. So, don't plan on having him yourself anytime soon. Luckily it doesn't have to be consecutive.

Good job on grabbing the Valentine's Day cards. All three are solid and have their uses, even if they're somewhat niche. Mai is a great option in situations where you need stuns (mostly high-end content like Super Battle Road, or certain more gimmicky stages of Virtual Clash), and Videl is a decent healer who gets a lot of buffs on a peppy gals team. The TEQ 18 probably has the most broad use of the three, she gets buffs based on how many ki spheres she grabs on any given turn, so if she can eat a decent chunk of the board she becomes tanky AND hits hard.

The main other event where peppy gals get bonus drops is actually the event where you can get the medals for dokkan awakening those three cards, "Spread Love! Magical Girl Fighters!" That's another good event to grind, cuz you'll also get the f2p peppy gals leader, STR Super Ribrianne. That awakening medal feeds into like a dozen of the lady characters, so you might find yourself revisiting it a lot. It's not currently up, but it reappears fairly frequently, and if you're impatient there's always Portal of Memories keys.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Feb 20, 2020

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I rolled on the God Goku banner about 10 times to get the remaining gold coins I needed for LR TEQ Broly and got.

God Goku LR
Bardock LR
Dupes for Mighty Mask and Perfect Cell LRs
Teq Caulifla
Oceanus Shenron
And of course the TEQ LR Broly with the gold coins

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I've had Cooler's henchman show up 7x in a row in Jeice's level. All these extra dupes can just be traded to Baba for points I take it?

Also got the ultra super lucky login bonus today. :toot:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I've had Cooler's henchman show up 7x in a row in Jeice's level. All these extra dupes can just be traded to Baba for points I take it?
If you've gotten all four of his hidden potential paths opened and his super attack to lvl 10, then yeah, you can safely Baba the extras, there's currently no other useful Jeice card.

quote:

Also got the ultra super lucky login bonus today. :toot:

This is like the 5th or 6th time they've run Hercule's heart pounding gifts and I have never once gotten ultra super lucky, and here you get it as a newbie, loving hell.

Oh well, on the other hand I got this so I guess I can't complain.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CidGregor posted:

This is like the 5th or 6th time they've run Hercule's heart pounding gifts and I have never once gotten ultra super lucky, and here you get it as a newbie, loving hell.

Oh well, on the other hand I got this so I guess I can't complain.

Can we trade? :D

I've just been stockpiling my orbs (up to 235) and I'm seeing that LR Goku constantly as a friend leader. I understand there are some that're better, like SSJ Vegeta, but it's still tempting to try and get him instead of waiting for one of those LR guaranteed pulls mentioned earlier.

e: If you Dokkan evolve someone does that mean their base card can't be used for awakenings any more? I know their super can't be leveled but I was thinking of picking up future Gohan, but not if awakening a unit like him means having to evolve 4 copies unless he's an amazing free card. I should probably get back to story grinding when not farming Ginyu units though.

Well I pulled once on the banner, no LR but I got Whiruus and Super Attack Supreme SSJ Vegeta, which briefly made me think I hit the jackpot, but that's apparently a different physical Vegeta that gets 150% atk/def/hp for Pure Saiyans. :sigh:

This is the one I got:
https://dbz-dokkanbattle.fandom.com/wiki/Gifted_Warrior%27s_Exaltation_Super_Saiyan_Vegeta

I guess the -atk can be useful vs hard bosses? Still seems inferior to Caulifla, Kale, Raditz, and the winter coat Goku/Vegeta I current run for Pure Saiyan though.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 21, 2020

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: If you Dokkan evolve someone does that mean their base card can't be used for awakenings any more? I know their super can't be leveled but I was thinking of picking up future Gohan, but not if awakening a unit like him means having to evolve 4 copies unless he's an amazing free card. I should probably get back to story grinding when not farming Ginyu units though.

When you dokkan awaken a card, it does become a different card, and cards of the old form can't unlock potential paths anymore, nor are they guaranteed to raise super attack level (in many cases the dokkan awakened form is a different name and they don't even have a percentage chance to raise SA level anymore; only cards of the exact same name can do this, except for Elder/grand/sleepy kais, as you probably have noticed). So you want to use those extra copies for potential paths and SA levels before dokkan awakening them if possible.

However, I believe someone mentioned it above, there is a special medal called an Incredible Hourglass that can circumvent this problem. It can frequently be found in Baba's shop for baba points, and you can use it to reverse a dokkan awakened card temporarily to their original form, allowing you to unlock potential paths and raise SA levels for them with extra copies again. Then once you're done you can return them to their awakened form at no cost. The hourglass medal is not cheap, but it pops up fairly often and occasionally is given out as a login reward too, so don't stress about them too much.

The catch is, this can only be done on a card that can reach at least the Transcended-UR rarity tier (TUR, the ones with the level cap of 120). So for example, the f2p Future Gohan from the "Fight Against Despair" story event, since he can only get up to level 100 after dokkan awakening, you can't use an hourglass to revert him to his base form. However, the teen Trunks from that same story event can dokkan awaken a second time to reach a THIRD form, a level 120 TUR, so you are able to use an hourglass to revert him to his second form (though you cannot revert him all the way back to his SR form).

I assume that is the Future Gohan you're talking about, and....most of the time the answer is no, it's not worth it to grind up four extra copies out of SR form for characters like that to unlock their hidden potential. However in this case, that specific Gohan (and that specific trunks, as well as the two future androids also grindable from that event) are mandatory characters in one of the extreme-Z battles (to EZA that same Trunks), so that particular Gohan (and that trunks for that matter) might be an occasion where it's worth grinding up an SR card to their fullest potential. That EZA event just ended though, and it was the first run of it ever, so it may not come back for a little while, in which case I wouldn't make that a priority right now. Probably wait until it comes back around again.

Yeah that Vegeta is not great. The Vegeta you're thinking of is this one that starts out as base form, non-super-saiyan Vegeta.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 21, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CidGregor posted:

Yeah that Vegeta is not great. The Vegeta you're thinking of is this one that starts out as base form, non-super-saiyan Vegeta.

Yep that's the one. I have a couple on my friend list and briefly thought I pulled one, but nope I got that thing instead.

I do have a Cell that turns in to the LR Cell+Cell jr so maybe they're good? An AOE super attack that heals you seems like it should be pretty fantastic if you have a team he can work on. Are monotype teams useful in this? I figured type-specific teams with rainbow coverage (like the Ginyu squad) would be the way to go normally.

But on the upside after pulling again (4 times on the banner, maybe 5?) Whis popped up and did some time-rewind thing and I swapped to a vegito animation for the meteor so...

:toot:

Masked Saiyan looks really good too with their 50k atk boost?

Not sure what sort of pure/hybrid team to build from my current options:

I was thinking subs of Coat Goku, Coat Vegeta, Kale, Caulifla, ???. I could use that cell games phys Vegeta to cover every type or bring that masked saiyan since his buff is kinda ridiculous.

Either way, gonna stop pulling unless there's some god tier banner (anniversary in several months?).

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

monotypes vs rainbow teams kinda depends on what content you're doing. for example a lot of dokkan events will cycle through different colors throughout the fight so going mono can be a problem. but then there's also EZAs where you're pretty much expected to stick to one color + category to fight the higher levels

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I do have a Cell that turns in to the LR Cell+Cell jr so maybe they're good? An AOE super attack that heals you seems like it should be pretty fantastic if you have a team he can work on. Are monotype teams useful in this? I figured type-specific teams with rainbow coverage (like the Ginyu squad) would be the way to go normally.

Mono type teams were the top of the meta before they introduced category teams, but they still have some use. Mostly in virtual clash where each battle is a single enemy so you can always bring a full team of type-advantage against them (and also there are no friendleaders so you have to bring your own second leader). EZAs also heavily lean toward needing mono teams. In any case that LR Cell/Cell Jr is v good (I mean most LRs are v good but still) and makes a good extreme-PHY leader.

quote:

But on the upside after pulling again (4 times on the banner, maybe 5?) Whis popped up and did some time-rewind thing and I swapped to a vegito animation for the meteor so...
:toot:

Masked Saiyan looks really good too with their 50k atk boost?

Not sure what sort of pure/hybrid team to build from my current options:

I was thinking subs of Coat Goku, Coat Vegeta, Kale, Caulifla, ???. I could use that cell games phys Vegeta to cover every type or bring that masked saiyan since his buff is kinda ridiculous.

Aayy, congrats. LR Godku, Coat goku/Vegeta, kale and caulifla, and probably Masked Saiyan is your best bet for a team with those current options, though be wary of flat number boosts like Masked Saiyan has; they're almost universally worse than percentage-based boosts. That namek saga Gohan is a good option too if you can max him out and eventually fully EZA him. And actually that INT Raditz might even be your best option for a 6th, especially for quest mode, there's a loooot of battles there that are just a team of 3-5 mooks and Raditz will speed that up with his attack-all super like nobody's business.

Another option to consider (though a time-consuming one): That SR TEQ goku you have there that comes from "An Epic Showdown," if you haven't noticed, dokkan awakens into the AGL Angel Goku you also have there. If you can get one of them to SA10, and then drag up a couple more copies for hidden potential paths, the AGL Angel Goku dokkan awakens again into a TEQ SS Goku, who dokkan awakens yet again into a TEQ SS ANGEL goku, who dokkan awakens still another, final time into TEQ SS3 Angel Goku. He's one of the oldest f2p options, but still a decent option for filling holes in rosters, especially once you start looking at taking on the Prime Battle LRs where only f2p cards are allowed. (though a full ginyu team led by namek saga gohan can ace most of them).

quote:

Either way, gonna stop pulling unless there's some god tier banner (anniversary in several months?).

Anniversary celebration/banners for global version is in July. Unless something truly bonkers pops up for Saiyan Day in mid-march, yeah, hoard your stones til then.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 24, 2020

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

drat, leveling that Goku 150 suddenly took me from "wow this game gives you more than enough xp" to "oh god I just gained 5 million XP and only 3 levels."

I was going to farm some Goku cards to level its SA except all of them gave a 1-5% rate up chance which I'm guessing is intentional but I think I'll just burn some elder kais on it instead because I'd be farming forever otherwise. I figure I'll probably try to take down some of the extreme fights' first 5-10 levels since if either (let alone both) my LR Goku and a friend leader Goku manage a crit with their U.Super it's like 2-3m damage and seems to just one-shot stuff as I found when farming the 7 Beerus tokens since my first attempt had to go through his rage duration while the next two runs ended with a friend leader doing a 3+mil OHKO on him.

CidGregor posted:

Aayy, congrats. LR Godku, Coat goku/Vegeta, kale and caulifla, and probably Masked Saiyan is your best bet for a team with those current options, though be wary of flat number boosts like Masked Saiyan has; they're almost universally worse than percentage-based boosts. That namek saga Gohan is a good option too if you can max him out and eventually fully EZA him. And actually that INT Raditz might even be your best option for a 6th, especially for quest mode, there's a loooot of battles there that are just a team of 3-5 mooks and Raditz will speed that up with his attack-all super like nobody's business.

Another option to consider (though a time-consuming one): That SR TEQ goku you have there that comes from "An Epic Showdown," if you haven't noticed, dokkan awakens into the AGL Angel Goku you also have there. If you can get one of them to SA10, and then drag up a couple more copies for hidden potential paths, the AGL Angel Goku dokkan awakens again into a TEQ SS Goku, who dokkan awakens yet again into a TEQ SS ANGEL goku, who dokkan awakens still another, final time into TEQ SS3 Angel Goku. He's one of the oldest f2p options, but still a decent option for filling holes in rosters, especially once you start looking at taking on the Prime Battle LRs where only f2p cards are allowed. (though a full ginyu team led by namek saga gohan can ace most of them).

I still usually bring raditz for the reason you mentioned.

I'm planning to work on Gohan but the fact that the latter half of their awakening orb level only opens at random is some bullshit and considering there's a milestone for running the stage 50 times I assume I'll hit that before maxing him out. The free SSJ3 Goku sounds useful too so I might work on them after the campaign xp bonus and 1/2 stamina ends (March 1st?). I'm sure even if I focus entirely on the campaign I'm not going to clear it all before then but the stones from it sure add up fast.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Evil Fluffy posted:

I was going to farm some Goku cards to level its SA except all of them gave a 1-5% rate up chance which I'm guessing is intentional but I think I'll just burn some elder kais on it instead because I'd be farming forever otherwise.

I tried to write a paragraph about how leveling super attack works but I'll just link the wiki: https://dbz-dokkanbattle.fandom.com/wiki/Leveling_Super_Attack_Guide

TL:DR is that characters with the same base unit name, like "goku" or "super saiyan vegeta" that aren't a dupe of the card have a 50% chance to level up SA if both are at the same awakening level, and you can increase this chance by awakening the character you're "feeding" to the one you want to skill up further. So feeding a UR goku to a SSR goku will increase the SA 100% of the time, even if they're different units, as long as both are named "goku".

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yes, Cooler was announced!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yes, Cooler was announced!

RESIST

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

drat, leveling that Goku 150 suddenly took me from "wow this game gives you more than enough xp" to "oh god I just gained 5 million XP and only 3 levels."

I was going to farm some Goku cards to level its SA except all of them gave a 1-5% rate up chance which I'm guessing is intentional but I think I'll just burn some elder kais on it instead because I'd be farming forever otherwise.

The game gives out free EXP items and potential orbs pretty often, so in the long run, you won't have a shortage. These days, the only thing I run out of is zeni: Extreme Z-Awakening something all the way to 140 takes a considerable amount of it, mostly on the last step from 135 to 140.

When leveling super attack, the rank-up chance depends on the rarity difference between the card you're using and the card you're feeding it to. You can actually raise the chance by leveling and awakening your Gokus before feeding them to the target...but you can burn through quite a few exp items and medals doing that, and since you've already awakened your Goku all the way to LR, the odds will still be kinda crap. So yeah, you should probably just use Kais, especially this early on when you don't have the resources to spare for something as low-payoff as awakening stuff just to burn it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Goreshx/status/1231945885686419456?s=19

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Running dual Godku leads is just absurd. They sometimes need only 3-4 ki to trigger their U.Supers and even if they don't crit it's usually well over a million damage vs non-light stuff (and 2.5m+ to anything with crits). I knew it'd be a big boost up from leading with Kale (80% atk/def/hp, +2 ki?) but on the occasional fight where I get both Godkus and a SSJ Blue Goku or Vegeta to stick between them for links they get even more savage.

Forgot there was maintenance tonight but thankfully I finished awakening Burter first, though I am wary as to whether a Ginyu squad is going to be better than a Godku, coat Goku, coat Vegeta, Radditz, Kale, Caulifla, friend Godku/SSJ Vegeta setup now. Coat Goku/Vegeta can hit 250-300k with their supers and Kale/Caulifla are usually 200k+ (plus their usefulness vs all things pure saiyan).

Main Paineframe posted:

The game gives out free EXP items and potential orbs pretty often, so in the long run, you won't have a shortage. These days, the only thing I run out of is zeni: Extreme Z-Awakening something all the way to 140 takes a considerable amount of it, mostly on the last step from 135 to 140.

When leveling super attack, the rank-up chance depends on the rarity difference between the card you're using and the card you're feeding it to. You can actually raise the chance by leveling and awakening your Gokus before feeding them to the target...but you can burn through quite a few exp items and medals doing that, and since you've already awakened your Goku all the way to LR, the odds will still be kinda crap. So yeah, you should probably just use Kais, especially this early on when you don't have the resources to spare for something as low-payoff as awakening stuff just to burn it.

That's good to know. I wish I'd farmed a bunch of extra Goku copies from the Broly event since those are SSR and would've been good for skilling the base card and saving me some Kai fodder. I was able to take it to 15/20 with most of my Kai fodder and can probably hit 20/20 before too long at least. 55% latent is already done and I assume there's no sort of "latent wildcard" unit in this game yet.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the ginyu squad + namek lead gohan will let you easily plow through the farmable LR events which restrict you to only using farmable characters

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i wish those were worth more

i guess they do pretty well as beginner leaders if you're not using the first two

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Evil Fluffy posted:

I knew it'd be a big boost up from leading with Kale (80% atk/def/hp, +2 ki?) but on the occasional fight where I get both Godkus and a SSJ Blue Goku or Vegeta to stick between them for links they get even more savage.

Another unintuitive mechanic the game never explains is battle rotations. In battle, the characters in the first and second slots will rotate back in two turns, while the third slot character rotates back in three turns. So your ideal team will have two pairs of characters that link together really well, forming the "core rotation" in the first two slots, and having three characters that "float" in the third slot. Note that the order of characters in your team doesn't effect this at all, your team's attack order is randomized when you start the stage and you'll have to arrange the characters into these rotations on the fly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

PHY Vegito Blue EZA is busted as hell

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It's really stupid.
Curious if this is just a one-off kinda like Janemba was or if this is the new level of power creep we're going to see

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Does that mean it's not a bad idea to blow 200 (of my approx. 400) Dokkan Festival coins on getting the EZA Vegito if I don't already have him?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

Does that mean it's not a bad idea to blow 200 (of my approx. 400) Dokkan Festival coins on getting the EZA Vegito if I don't already have him?

Hard to say, but I probably wouldn't. Like all counter units he's pretty reliant on being able to crit to get the most out of him. He's also featured on the Vegito banner during the 5th anniversary.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

Don't spend summon coins on anything but LRs.

You're better off throwing a few stones at the banner, maybe, since the featured pool is so small, or if you wanna throw cash dollars at the tickets for an even better chance, but even then, there's probably better things to save stones for.

I might be slightly biased tho, my PHY Vegito Blue is rainbowed. I'd understand if you don't have him at all and wanna summon. Especially if you could use that STR Janemba or Cell too.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 25, 2020

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The 5th anniversary has every gogeta and vegito and every super/extreme lead. If you're patient you'll be rewarded. Also PHY cards without dupes feel bad. You need two copies of him to feel the power.

RBX fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 25, 2020

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Every once in a great while they'll hand out items that you can exchange in the Baba shop for any of the EZA units and I'm sure they'll do it again

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
not super enthusiastic about being chained to INT goku black as my leader for a PHY EZA. It hasn't been a problem so far but I'm not looking forward to stage 25+

at least I get to bring friend LR trunks & mai, and LR VB.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So far, I've been running straight Extreme STR.
Janemba lead/friend, Android 21, LR Broly, Rose Black, Zamasu, and Majin Vegeta.

Granted, I haven't hit stage 20 yet, only around 16 or so, but it's been working.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

the_steve posted:

So far, I've been running straight Extreme STR.
Janemba lead/friend, Android 21, LR Broly, Rose Black, Zamasu, and Majin Vegeta.

Granted, I haven't hit stage 20 yet, only around 16 or so, but it's been working.

If you have STR Fat Buu, somehow he counts as a time traveler, and he orb changes and lowkey nukes. Did some very good work for me. Might work out nicely to double him up with majin vegeta also orb changing and nuking.

Fawf posted:

Every once in a great while they'll hand out items that you can exchange in the Baba shop for any of the EZA units and I'm sure they'll do it again
Oh right I forgot about this. Yeah gently caress what I said, do this instead. Although they may not add PHY VB to that pool right away. Certainly not if it's a global-first EZA.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So what exactly do you get when clearing EZA fights at 20+? I noticed at 8 I could drop back down to stage 5 to... farm bronze tokens for more early EZA unlocks for dupe coat goku/vegeta units?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

After stage 30 you get Hercule statues. Don't waste your stamina on doing EZAs again right now. When you need to do them again by then you should know what your doing. Right now just focus on awakening stuff and grinding through story mode for stones and learning teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

So what exactly do you get when clearing EZA fights at 20+? I noticed at 8 I could drop back down to stage 5 to... farm bronze tokens for more early EZA unlocks for dupe coat goku/vegeta units?

There's bronze, silver, gold and rainbow medals, fully EZA-ing a character requires you to get all the way to stage 30. In addition every fifth level up to that point can be replayed (for a stamina cost) to get extra medals. In several cases multiple characters use the same EZA medals, but a single run through to level 30 will only be enough for the first character, and you'll need to re-run those benchmark stages a few times to get more for other characters. So for example with the EZA battle that goes with the broly movie story event, going all the way through it gives you exactly enough EZA medals for coat goku/vegeta and AGL Broly......but then later they released STR Gogeta, who needs extras of all three medals to EZA. It's the same deal with the Gotenks and Beerus events currently open; those events originally launched for TEQ SS3 Gotenks and TEQ Beerus, but just in this last month they released EZAs for STR Beerus as well as STR and PHY SS Gotenks, which require you to rerun those EZA battles for more medals. Luckily you don't need as many of them the second time around (12/20/12/12 as opposed to 30/40/30/30).

RBX posted:

After stage 30 you get Hercule statues. Don't waste your stamina on doing EZAs again right now. When you need to do them again by then you should know what your doing. Right now just focus on awakening stuff and grinding through story mode for stones and learning teams.
Also this yes.