Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

tbf it's not like Hillary would help him out either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

tbf it's not like Hillary would help him out either.

bernie or bust

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

AceClown posted:

lol takeaway food is OK in moderation u fucken nerds

yeah but i like doing that local if i can

falafel shawarma gas station > mcdonalds

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Marenghi posted:

https://twitter.com/ichhdublin/status/1231386516888465410?s=21

95% of new built apartments last year in Ireland were bought by investment funds.

Our neoliberal government encouraged this market led housing solution by giving the same investment funds 100% tax breaks on rental income from newly constructed residential properties.

And yet hundreds of them are unoccupied, some high profile luxury developments not even 50% occupied. They aren’t affordable due to being rented at amounts that would cost the entire salary of a single person on the average wage of a full time worker.
This has gotta be loving happening in Seattle, too. Developers keep insisting that "the only way we can be profitable is to build luxury apartments," and the city keeps loving believing them. It's loving ridiculous.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

uninterrupted posted:

imagine hating peoples cheaper, healthier burger options

not everyone wants to eat a 1200 calorie burger you goons

McDonald’s and Burger King are objectively better options to the gargantuan 1/2 pound butter toasted potato bunned slab bacon covered duck fried artisan burgers you wash down w a Tripel IPA Hopghazi.

Hating on fast food is tired, but claiming that it's in any way "healthy" is just about the gooniest thing possible.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Burger King is garbage and should be shut down by the authorities.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Hating on fast food is tired, but claiming that it's in any way "healthy" is just about the gooniest thing possible.

turns out it's actually fine, though

Just don't eat burgers everyday regardless of where they come from

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

The Bloop posted:

turns out it's actually fine, though

Just don't eat burgers everyday regardless of where they come from

I had an impossible burger from one of my favorite local burger places last week...it was good, not amazing and not as good as beef but definitely good.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Thanatosian posted:

This has gotta be loving happening in Seattle, too. Developers keep insisting that "the only way we can be profitable is to build luxury apartments," and the city keeps loving believing them. It's loving ridiculous.

Wow, it sounds to me like profit is bad

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Thanatosian posted:

Well it’s true for the developers. Investors don’t want to invest in construction unless it’s office blocks or luxury housing. It’s like they’d rather book imaginary profits by not renting them but keeping the price high. On the other hand they could rent them at lower price and book lower but actual profits.

Between this and all the unicorns that are losing money it doesn’t seem like investors are actually good at investing money.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
its not that they're good or bad, its that they simply are at the point of not caring

the profits I want on an infinite timeline are better than the profits I could have tomorrow, because I don't really have any connection to anything anymore

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I wonder if/how many luxury apartments are going to be unoccupied until their styrofoam construction quality make it unsafe for habitation in 3-5 years

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

T-man posted:

I wonder if/how many luxury apartments are going to be unoccupied until their styrofoam construction quality make it unsafe for habitation in 3-5 years

This is already happening in Sydney. Freshly constructed buildings are needing to be evacuated a whole lot more frequently than should be acceptable. Thanks to a stupid real estate market that doesn't change the prices so it's going to keep happening.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

HR just sent out an email for the yearly physical and with it something I didn't realize

If you go in for a free preventative screening and they find something it instantly becomes not free and now you have to pay for it. The example they gave was a colonoscopy that finds something. Now it's not your free preventative screen but instead a diagnostic scan and you have to pay up

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it's called human resources because they treat humans like bulk resources. You don't pay for a (trans) dairy cow's colonoscopy, and since killing humans costs too much they're gonna do the next best thing.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Len posted:

HR just sent out an email for the yearly physical and with it something I didn't realize

If you go in for a free preventative screening and they find something it instantly becomes not free and now you have to pay for it. The example they gave was a colonoscopy that finds something. Now it's not your free preventative screen but instead a diagnostic scan and you have to pay up

But we need to achieve affordable healthcare in minor increments! We need to reach across the aisle to our neighbors and come to a bipartisan compromise!

Also, gently caress, that's a wide-rear end aisle, better move my -- gently caress! Pulled my back! Goddammit, I gotta get a referral from my PCM to an orthopedic doctor, but the only one in network is closed Monday-Thursday, and he's 87 years old, and only open four hours on the solstice when the moon is dreaming, and he died six months ago, and is 99.8 miles away, just a squidge under the maximum allowable distance. Guess I'll pay 2k in medical bills for a checkup!

WE CAN'T HAVE MEDICARE, MY TAXES MIGHT GO UP TEN loving DOLLARS YOU RAGING poo poo-loving COMMUNAZI! FEEL THE BERN IN HELL YOU FILTHY TAX-HUNGRY SODOMITES!

Now where was I? Oh yes. Vote for me in 2020. I am/know a minority!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

T-man posted:

it's called human resources because they treat humans like bulk resources. You don't pay for a (trans) dairy cow's colonoscopy, and since killing humans costs too much they're gonna do the next best thing.

Yeah, you don't get into HR if you actually care about people. The position exists just to protect the company. If you go to ours to complain about something happening they just forward your email directly to management without taking out who it's from. So while it's supposed to be a way for you to anonymously complain about poo poo happening in the office it actually just gets you pushed in front of the bus

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol everyone in the restaurant industry around me is complaining that they had to pay higher taxes this and last year

weird i wonder why we had to

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/mmcauliff/status/1232784696792297472

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
So how’s it supposed to work when nobody can afford treatment or a vaccine and nobody can work eh gently caress it whatever

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

I mean, what, a scientist is just going to develop a world-impacting, life-saving vaccine, then, what, just loving give it away? Make what, some kind of moral commitment towards public health? What are you, crazy?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Woof Blitzer posted:

So how’s it supposed to work when nobody can afford treatment or a vaccine and nobody can work eh gently caress it whatever

The numbers (of dead) go up. Capitalism wins again.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Thanatosian posted:

I mean, what, a scientist is just going to develop a world-impacting, life-saving vaccine, then, what, just loving give it away? Make what, some kind of moral commitment towards public health? What are you, crazy?

It's like that guy who gave away the polio vaccine pretending like he's some sort of hero. No one has polio so the vaccine is pointless / worthless.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inceltown posted:

It's like that guy who gave away the polio vaccine pretending like he's some sort of hero. No one has polio so the vaccine is pointless / worthless.

And don’t get me started on insulin; those idiots sold the patent to a university for a buck. Never going to improve health outcomes with those economics, rubes.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Screaming Idiot posted:

But we need to achieve affordable healthcare in minor increments! We need to reach across the aisle to our neighbors and come to a bipartisan compromise!

Also, gently caress, that's a wide-rear end aisle, better move my -- gently caress! Pulled my back! Goddammit, I gotta get a referral from my PCM to an orthopedic doctor, but the only one in network is closed Monday-Thursday, and he's 87 years old, and only open four hours on the solstice when the moon is dreaming, and he died six months ago, and is 99.8 miles away, just a squidge under the maximum allowable distance. Guess I'll pay 2k in medical bills for a checkup!

WE CAN'T HAVE MEDICARE, MY TAXES MIGHT GO UP TEN loving DOLLARS YOU RAGING poo poo-loving COMMUNAZI! FEEL THE BERN IN HELL YOU FILTHY TAX-HUNGRY SODOMITES!

Now where was I? Oh yes. Vote for me in 2020. I am/know a minority!

username/post super combo

Inceltown posted:

:thejoke:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Yes, people were just running with it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Inceltown posted:

Yes, people were just running with it.

Oh, let them have this, they feel good they got to use it. It's like the oldpainless thing!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Len posted:

Yeah, you don't get into HR if you actually care about people. The position exists just to protect the company. If you go to ours to complain about something happening they just forward your email directly to management without taking out who it's from. So while it's supposed to be a way for you to anonymously complain about poo poo happening in the office it actually just gets you pushed in front of the bus

In my organization that’s half of what the HR department does. The other half is when you need a Karen to deal with the insurance company.

My favorite though is the “labor attorney”
Binch you ain’t here to help me you’re the management attorney.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Len posted:

HR was created as a tool to keep out the Jews and IQ‐test prospective employees.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

The Nastier Nate posted:

My favorite though is the “labor attorney”
Binch you ain’t here to help me you’re the management attorney.

I mean this is a real thing but yeah if they work as part of a HR department it’s bullshit

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

This used to be conspiracy theorist stuff, now they just announce it right in the open.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Within ten years we'll have a ceo get up on stage and tell shareholders that they're choosing to treat the symptoms instead of curing people.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Within ten years we'll have a ceo get up on stage and tell shareholders that they're choosing to treat the symptoms instead of curing people.

didn't this happen like 2 years ago

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re “labor attorneys” in the same way that a spaniel is a “bird dog”.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/rothwell_scott/status/1232812346680070144

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/_pem_pem/status/1232729129730166786?s=21

https://twitter.com/_pem_pem/status/1232730098350067714?s=21

how is that going, anyways

https://twitter.com/wdsu/status/1232855414968070144?s=21

...gently caress.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m starting to get the idea that New Orleans is corrupt.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

T-man posted:

It's not called human resources anymore it's called ~human capital management~

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

https://twitter.com/reckless/status/1233016951003320321

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

What the gently caress