Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

How do you feel about getting infected with strange new diseases?

poz my neg rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

How do you feel about getting infected with strange new diseases?

Already had it I'm in the clear!

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

mike12345 posted:

Where can I buy guns in Europe?

Look for shops where the window manikins are mostly in tweed, there is a good chance they sell shotguns and air rifles in the back.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Laserface posted:

So Australian School Cleaners are being offered huge incentives to fly to Japan and clean the cruise ship.

I have an idea.

a bunch of us go and clean the cruise ship. we lick every surface we can find. we all go home to our respective countries.

once home, we start attending boomer-centric events/facilities: Real Estate investment information sessions, nursing homes, lawn care sections of department stores, trump rallies, classic car meets, etc.

we're all under 60, we just get a mild to bad flu and a big paycheck. they all end up dead.

Secret service is tuning in on this one.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Just wait for your bosses to die. Instant promotion. Get ready to make mad coin.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1232492832897658880

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

Laserface posted:

So Australian School Cleaners are being offered huge incentives to fly to Japan and clean the cruise ship.

I have an idea.

a bunch of us go and clean the cruise ship. we lick every surface we can find. we all go home to our respective countries.

once home, we start attending boomer-centric events/facilities: Real Estate investment information sessions, nursing homes, lawn care sections of department stores, trump rallies, classic car meets, etc.

we're all under 60, we just get a mild to bad flu and a big paycheck. they all end up dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se1Txe49L0A

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

Not a single goon will even get sick aside from doing stuff that'll make them sick later like cashing out their 401k for freeze dried lasagna

How many goons are there still that ever check the site? 1000? 5000?

We will probably have one guy die but he will be 500 lbs and have a MLP and KFC addiction.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

coronavirus posted:

We will probably have one guy die but he will be 500 lbs and have a MLP and KFC addiction.

I do not like your username

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

lol that goon gonna ruin your vacation

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Burt gonna hand out a 3 month probe and the reason is going to be "you ruined my vacation"

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Burt Sexual posted:

hey if im posting in gbs that means im not hiding in the salad bar on the ship!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

First case confirmed in Brazil and Latin America

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/equil...ronavirus.shtml

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Costco has these 8 packs of Bush's Baked Beans for like 10 bucks each, so on my way home from work I bought 12 packs of those and 10 cases of sparkling water (la croix) - filled the back of my car basically. The beans will keep me fed and I figure I can cook with the sparkling water in an emergency. Was sort of a hassle but I'm ready.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://www.hongkongfp.com/2020/02/26/hong-kong-budget-2020-hk10000-cash-handouts-permanent-residents-18/

Every permanent resident in HK is getting a $10k HKD ($1.2k USD) handout, to buy more beans with.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ruggan posted:

Costco has these 8 packs of Bush's Baked Beans for like 10 bucks each, so on my way home from work I bought 12 packs of those and 10 cases of sparkling water (la croix) - filled the back of my car basically. The beans will keep me fed and I figure I can cook with the sparkling water in an emergency. Was sort of a hassle but I'm ready.

thats...alot of beans

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EvilJoven posted:

Burt gonna hand out a 3 month probe and the reason is going to be "you ruined my vacation"

If I can reach the buttons, there will be permas for all of us.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

im imagining you pulling the giant lever of one of those giant oversized slot machines for permas

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

If you perma me I will punch you/your corpse

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

Kill All Cops posted:

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2020/02/26/hong-kong-budget-2020-hk10000-cash-handouts-permanent-residents-18/

Every permanent resident in HK is getting a $10k HKD ($1.2k USD) handout, to buy more beans toilet paper with.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Burt Sexual posted:

my wife and I went to bora bora recently and food there is expensive as all gently caress so we brought along an extra, cheap suitcase and filled it with booze and snacks for when we wanted to hang out in the room and not spend $40 on a chicken sandwich - at the end of the trip we just ditched the suitcase. worked out really well

the point of this story is I think you should do something similar for your vacation, but instead of packing booze and snacks, you should be packing sparkling water and beans

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is definitely concerning since my wife is on drugs to suppress her immune system due to her lupus

Likewise, given that I'm on the same sort of drugs for my crohn's. Seeing people cheerlead for this on the basis that they think it's just the olds that are at serious risk is some ghoulish poo poo. I mean, it's ghoulish even if it was just the olds, but it's not, and I SERIOUSLY loving DOUBT the Chinese figures suggesting that no children have been at serious risk due to this disease, we have leaked stories from inside Wuhan of entire families being left to die rather than taken to hospitals or given care or even tested for this, the Chinese numbers are garbage, and we won't have any idea what the real figures are until enough people in the West start to get to that point.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Chinatown posted:

thats...alot of beans

At least the corona virus won’t get you if you poo poo yourself to death first.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ruggan posted:

the point of this story is I think you should do something similar for your vacation, but instead of packing booze and snacks, you should be packing sparkling water and beans

Don’t listen to this pro-aerosol plume propaganda.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Likewise, given that I'm on the same sort of drugs for my crohn's. Seeing people cheerlead for this on the basis that they think it's just the olds that are at serious risk is some ghoulish poo poo. I mean, it's ghoulish even if it was just the olds, but it's not, and I SERIOUSLY loving DOUBT the Chinese figures suggesting that no children have been at serious risk due to this disease, we have leaked stories from inside Wuhan of entire families being left to die rather than taken to hospitals or given care or even tested for this, the Chinese numbers are garbage, and we won't have any idea what the real figures are until enough people in the West start to get to that point.

I don’t think they mean it. It’s just a dark way of dealing with a reality which sucks big time. Most of us have parents still, and in that age range. If this is some new norm it sucks. Hopefully people can survive long enough for a vaccine to be developed.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I have heard leaked reports of Chinese kids roaming around in packs of violent looters, grabbing thos beans from everyone they can reach and coughing into people's faces.

They avoid the coronavirus though which at this point is a 150m godzilla like juggernaut, stomping through the streets of Beijing.

In other news I have added a sixpack of Pepsi to my disaster pile and now feel even more prepared. Starting Thursday my local supermarket will sell 1kg of Gummi beads for 2 bucks and I will stock up in that. One pound will last an adult a day and toothpaste is cheap as poo poo. Shop smart people!

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
Okay, I'm seeing death rates of 2% and 0.02% in this thread (itt). I'm an idiot who can't decipher anything. Can someone give me a real death percentage as well as a real R naught itt.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf posted:

Okay, I'm seeing death rates of 2% and 0.02% in this thread (itt). I'm an idiot who can't decipher anything. Can someone give me a real death percentage as well as a real R naught itt.

Sure, you just start with the CCP’s extremely accurate case number, then compare it to the completely trustworthy death number, and

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf posted:

0.02% is the common Flu (Influenza strains A and B).

The CFR (case fatality rate) for this is anywhere between 0.9%-4% depending on whom you ask.
It's also a completely pointless thing to obsess over, especially if you're not a smoker and are under 40yo.

The more interesting metric will be how many people will need a degree of medical attention that can't be easily administered at home once hospital beds run out.
Giving oxygen via mask, intubated ventilation or ECMO in severe cases for example. China gives the figures for "severe" and "critical" (think ICU) as 16% and 4% respectively, but again - who knows.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC7/status/1232543090000351232

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Welp RIP me.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i bought 1 kg (2.2 lbs) of quinoa that i marked down as millet (for the savings)

im safe :11tea:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
2 new cases in Germany according to this morning's news, also 1 US military dude in South Korea.
1 of the German cases is an older guy who is already in critical condition, so he probably was ill for some time before he was diagnosed.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

coronavirus posted:

And somehow this will attract coronavirus.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the numbers are still staggeringly low

hell i ran an RNG of 1/100 and clicked 100 times and didnt hit my number.

another part of the fatality rate is that most of them are in big cities where you body is essentially fighting a cold all day long every day of the year any ways

still GOT MY MILLET i mean quinoa

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

LanceHunter posted:

Don’t listen to this pro-aerosol plume propaganda.

Agreed. The beans will do nothing but strengthen your aerosol plume.

e: people wilfully mis-labelling millet and qinoa is a definite sign that society is unravelling

Tree Bucket fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 26, 2020

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

What does it mean if you are farting blood?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

toggle posted:

It's time to start making TikTok videos.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

toggle posted:

That's the Soylent just doing its job of making you healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

I've seen that exact video dubbed over and clipped slightly differently all over twitter, but they all stop just short of showing the whole graph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dDD2tHWWnU&t=97s