Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Roberts has been known to slur his words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

trucutru posted:

sad sack of catpiss (what my grandma used to call me. I miss my grandma).

How does one collect said catpiss in the aforementioned sack, and once that task is complete, ascertain the mood of the resultant filled sack? I like that insult. It's clearly an insult yet raises so many questions.

I think regarding Star Citizen I'm going to lean toward "argon-brained."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Quavers posted:

You sound Corn Crobbled too

the only bad part about 'corncrobbled' springing into existence is the lack of image results to do a good "me irl" gag with:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Or maybe The Argon-Auts.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aertuun posted:

The summary is don't insult people. And if you do have to insult people, if you use terms that have racial/demographic connotations that target specific groups, you're going to get punished for it.

:thumbsup:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Can I call someone a poopy head?

Only if you do it in Spanish! Caradeculo.

Scruffpuff posted:

How does one collect said catpiss in the aforementioned sack, and once that task is complete, ascertain the mood of the resultant filled sack? I like that insult. It's clearly an insult yet raises so many questions.

I think regarding Star Citizen I'm going to lean toward "argon-brained."

Let's just say that my Grandma is from a city that is famous for their free-form insult prowess. Logic takes a backseat to cadence and style.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 26, 2020

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Beet Wagon posted:

the only bad part about 'corncrobbled' springing into existence is the lack of image results to do a good "me irl" gag with:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

Or maybe The Argon-Auts.

They care about how much Argon is simulated, and they lost their poo poo over a ship called the Argo. There's a rich "Jason and the 'ArgoNuts'" joke in there somewhere but I can't find it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ah hell sorry, thought it was only one side they were working on.

What will you do with your new cyborg powers?

Nah both, stereo baby!
I'm gonna see if I can pick up Number Stations I think, that could be fun

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I was told there was some slurring in here?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I think you will find that Star Citizens will accept any concept, no matter how large, and especially if it comes as a photo.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

They care about how much Argon is simulated, and they lost their poo poo over a ship called the Argo. There's a rich "Jason and the 'ArgoNuts'" joke in there somewhere but I can't find it.

Me either. The movies were good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

Nah both, stereo baby!

Imagine if you request the Atmos option.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

I was told there was some slurring in here?

This is a thread about Star Citizen, not composing music.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dementropy posted:

:reddit: 1: What "new" thing are you on about? Half the game mechanics are just that, game mechanics. Their "new technical" stuff was done a while ago, the 64 bit conversion has been done, the physics system is done, the megamap is done, the container system / OCS is done, they never had timelines, they were finished when they are finished. The only thing left is the server meshing system but thats not why for example SQ42 has been delayed over and over, why planets get pushed back, why the FPS is still meh, the dog fighting gets reworked, refuelling not there, aliens/animals still not there, NPCs navigating the world only sorta half assed in there.
imagine being the guy who thinks this game's physics or container systems are "done"

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Maybe just lurk for a bit and get a feel?

Last time i did that I got arrested!

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

peter gabriel posted:

Nah both, stereo baby!

My grandad got a metal plate put in his head during WW2 after being hit by a piece of German flak over the Ruhr.

Came in handy when my dad was trying to get decent reception on Radio 3, he just used to sit grandad near the radio and bam, crystal clear.

Maybe if Crobbers got hit on the bonce by a piece of German flak on his next Euro vacation and had some metal installed in his head, he might suddenly be able to finish Star Citizen. I'm sure stranger things have happened.

PS I'm not advocating that any of our German goon friends' ancestors travel forward in time from 1943 and fire 88mm flak shells at him on his yacht. Obviously.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm sorry guys for causing all this deviation in the thread, and perhaps my turn to say "Pull up thread!"

Oh, and you all are smelly fartpants.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Bob Socko posted:

Occasionally, someone posts estimates of cash on hand and burn rates for the project(s). Does anyone have a recent estimate? Does CIG have enough money to make it through the year, assuming costs and donations follow current trends?

Dude can I just say I loved your new Run NFC album, especially Bern-iet Down, and Salt 'N' Peppa Spray

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Aertuun posted:

This is a thread about Star Citizen, not composing music.

Only if all this new blood following mod drama sticks around to post.

Agony Aunt posted:

I'm sorry guys for causing all this deviation in the thread, and perhaps my turn to say "Pull up thread!"

Nope, I've found my cause, going after all you normie ableists and your unintended slurs, like pointing out him in his only mode of conveyance.

I'd be more happy if we ignored the loving slurs and did something about the horrendous state of care for the disabled, because god knows that simply telling people not to be mean is a winning formula and has really taken the world by storm in the past couple of decades.

Edit: and to push the limits, "You Joey".

Hav fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 26, 2020

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The longer this project goes on, the more convinced I am that backers are just Warhammer 40k Orkz that are often bamboozled by Da Tek Boyz know what da words mean!

But then again that may be insulting to the Orkz, a proud and noble race.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The longer this project goes on, the more convinced I am that backers are just Warhammer 40k Orkz that are often bamboozled by Da Tek Boyz know what da words mean!

But then again that may be insulting to the Orkz, a proud and noble race.

WOSSA BAM BOOZE THEN HUMIE? CAN YOU KRUMP WIV IT?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
DAKKA DAKKA KROBBERZ

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

WOSSA BAM BOOZE THEN HUMIE? CAN YOU KRUMP WIV IT?

OY YA LOUSY GIT, HERE DIS HUMIE SPEAK THE TEK WORDS! DEYZ BE PAINTIN' THE DEVS RED SO DEY CODE FASTA!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I WAAAAGH as my ship crumbles from the impact with a teacup.

Then I T-pose and the server crashes.

Another Good Day in Star Plebeian 20,000!

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Hav posted:

Edit: and to push the limits, "You Joey".

For our non-British chums who are wondering -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Deacon - a well-intentioned and sensitively handled piece by squeaky clean UK kids' programme Blue Peter back in the early '80s which spectacularly backfired.

Maybe we should introduce the slur "You absolute Chris" and do hand wavey gestures while going "alri-i-i-i-GHT!!!" "Ehhhhhh" and "My man Glen".

ClownBobo
Jan 3, 2020

vIHbe'chugh, vaj Huch law' Sovbe'lu'

Bootcha posted:

Star Citizen: The Literal Impossible Burger.

also mods, new thread title in a week

SCG? Hope?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

OK this is a cool turn. So I picked up Dawn of War II recently, since I liked the original Dawn of War and expansions so much. It's OK, but a bit easy to get through once you're leveled up, and I miss the base-building mechanics. I felt the originals did a very good job of giving you a little bit of base building, without it being a major-league part of the game like Starcraft. I enjoyed the squad reinforcement mechanic and moving units as groups with a leader. DOW2 felt like it strayed too far from that formula.

Are any of the other games in the series reminiscent of the first set of games? Necrons were my favorite.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

I'd be more happy if we ignored the loving slurs and did something about the horrendous state of care for the disabled, because god knows that simply telling people not to be mean is a winning formula and has really taken the world by storm in the past couple of decades.

I agree that this is not the thread for discussing slurs, and so I won't continue adding to that, but I do feel the need to respond to this.

The whole point of not using slurs that target people like the disabled is because it puts them aside, in their own group, and that it is then easier to write them off. We can both not slur them AND care for them better, and the two are in fact linked because we tend to treat people differently when we are able to put them all in the same group and then give them a name and forget about them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
In this timeline, I choose to believe that Goons are Noise Marines.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

OY YA LOUSY GIT, HERE DIS HUMIE SPEAK THE TEK WORDS! DEYZ BE PAINTIN' THE DEVS RED SO DEY CODE FASTA!

DEZ TEK BOYS IZ LIKE WEIRD BOYZ. I DUNT TRUST EM. DAKKA IS DEAD ORKY. MORE DAKKA MORE ORKY. I LIKE RED THO. BAM IZ LIKE KRUMPIN.

Hey, is everyone aware that 'Tomato' is slang for a young woman? It's a bit sexist, so could we choose a gender neutral fruit?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Scruffpuff posted:

OK this is a cool turn. So I picked up Dawn of War II recently, since I liked the original Dawn of War and expansions so much. It's OK, but a bit easy to get through once you're leveled up, and I miss the base-building mechanics. I felt the originals did a very good job of giving you a little bit of base building, without it being a major-league part of the game like Starcraft. I enjoyed the squad reinforcement mechanic and moving units as groups with a leader. DOW2 felt like it strayed too far from that formula.

Are any of the other games in the series reminiscent of the first set of games? Necrons were my favorite.

I can only vouch for Warhammer 40K (The shooty one) is fun, and the classic Total War: Warhammer games are also great, albeit you may need some DLC to make it more fun/accessible, which sucks.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

No, they tried to bridge the RTS-MOBA gap with the mechanics (directly controlled hero units, no base building, limited resources) and it didn't stick so obviously they did it again for DOW3 because that's a good idea.

The Total War games are also nothing like the classic RTS gameplay of the original DOW (and are also based on WHFB, the lovely boring warhammer flavour)

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 26, 2020

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The Super-Id posted:

I agree that this is not the thread for discussing slurs, and so I won't continue adding to that, but I do feel the need to respond to this.

The whole point of not using slurs that target people like the disabled is because it puts them aside, in their own group, and that it is then easier to write them off. We can both not slur them AND care for them better, and the two are in fact linked because we tend to treat people differently when we are able to put them all in the same group and then give them a name and forget about them.

You know, over the past few years I've had a real education, one of my life long best pals had a kid that has Autism, like quite severe and it's just been a massive eye opener and bizarrely a really positive experience. The little dude didn't say much for years but then at the same time did some incredible things as well, for example he is laser focused on the Disney Cars films and sometimes I'll go round and he's got all the toy cars lined up like they are on a track on the front room floor, the killer is this though - If you look at a certain point in the film you'll see the cars on track, lined up in exactly the same order he has them on the floor, and he can tell you the time it happens in the film.
I never thought I'd be part of someone's life who was so amazing, it's been a top adventure knowing him and it's taught me a lot, he's incredible.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I sure have learned a lot in this thread about the personal damage that might compel someone to stick around a thread for a failed/failing video game for five or six years

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hav posted:

DEZ TEK BOYS IZ LIKE WEIRD BOYZ. I DUNT TRUST EM. DAKKA IS DEAD ORKY. MORE DAKKA MORE ORKY. I LIKE RED THO. BAM IZ LIKE KRUMPIN.

Hey, is everyone aware that 'Tomato' is slang for a young woman? It's a bit sexist, so could we choose a gender neutral fruit?

:bigdog: :carol: :bigdog:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller posted:

I sure have learned a lot in this thread about the personal damage that might compel someone to stick around a thread for a failed/failing video game for five or six years

No idea what you're talking about, Star citizen seems to be going perfectly to me :laugh:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

History Comes Inside! posted:

No, they tried to bridge the RTS-MOBA gap with the mechanics (directly controlled hero units, no base building, limited resources) and it didn't stick so obviously they did it again for DOW3 because that's a good idea.

The Total War games are also nothing like the classic RTS gameplay of the original DOW (and are also based on WHFB, the lovely boring warhammer flavour)

That's sad to hear, I don't really enjoy MOBA games.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Super-Id posted:

Asphole. You furdle jockey. Bringing up this bamwaz without knowing me, you curdled fetid crunge-licker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Asphole. You furdle jockey. Bringing up this bamwaz without knowing me, you curdled fetid crunge-licker.

Woah man calm down!!!!