Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Dude, KC Green never boarded an episode of Steven Universe, he boarded an episode of Adventure Time. That's why the wiki you linked to is called "The Adventure Time wiki" and talks about how KC Green helped write the episode The Thin Yellow Line.
Lordy, I'm dumb sometimes. Sorry about that. I completely misread that page, and I also completely misread the page on which HS projects they contributed to. Migraine drugs, man. Mea maxima culpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

My list from most to least likely goes as follows:

- June Egbert (who's going to MacDuff her way out of canon-irrelevancy venom by not technically being John anymore)
- Roxy
- Terezi
- Kanaya
- Rose
- Jade (NOT Calliope using Jade as a vessel)
- Calliope (NOT the ones presently using Jades as vessels)
- one of the Calliopes using a Jade as a vessel
- Jake
- literally anyone else, including (but not limited to) Aradia, Sollux, the Candy kids, GCatavrossprite, etc.
- A rogue Dirk splinter
- any version of Dave

-Caliborn, something about being casually offed by another villain (and not even the main villain of the story, just a component of him), seems like the most humiliating option to me. Kind of like when this happened in Star vs. (Warning: contains massive spoilers about the end of season 2): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4CmKfRxF9o

Edit:

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Lordy, I'm dumb sometimes. Sorry about that. I completely misread that page, and I also completely misread the page on which HS projects they contributed to. Migraine drugs, man. Mea maxima culpa.

Don't worry about it chum, like I said regardless of who worked on what episode of what tv show my core argument was still the one that was fundamentally flawed.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 26, 2020

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

-Caliborn, something about being casually offed by another villain (and not even the main villain of the story, just a component of him), seems like the most humiliating option to me. Kind of like when this happened in Star vs. (

...okay now there's TWO things Homestuck can do that will nullify all the love I ever had for it, and pulling a Rise of Skywalker is one of them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

...okay now there's TWO things Homestuck can do that will nullify all the love I ever had for it, and pulling a Rise of Skywalker is one of them.

I fell asleep during Rise of Skywalker, did Adam Driver get killed by a little green gremlin? Because I wish I had been awake to see that.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pretty sure Caliborn is living on in Dirk in a small way, by virtue of Lord English being a splinter of Dirk and Ultimate Dirk being a composite of all his splinters.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Also Equius is there.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Also Equius is there.

To be fair though, he lives on in all our hearts.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

But this isn't about which Homestuck people went on to be storyboarders for what shows, or who has or hasn't seen Steven Universe, or me name dropping which celebrities I've met who I would later learn were terrible people (Jeffrey Tambor)

How is Jeffrey Tambor a terrible person?

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

A good poster posted:

How is Jeffrey Tambor a terrible person?

lots of sexual harassment

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I miss John.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

ThaumPenguin posted:

I miss John.

mood

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
My name is Melvin Galaxy and I know all the slurs.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

This story could just really do with more characters who are perfectly aware they have no idea what they're doing

Also huge goobers with hearts of gold

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny to think about how Vriska went from a giant battle against Lord English to smuggling Gamzi's dead body into a high school with another troll named Vriska and human Tavros in the space of like a couple hours.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Embarrassing that Vriska is trapped in a sitcom and the cooler Spider Troll Aranea is biding her time while now being alive in a state of plot uncertaimportance.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I have to believe that there's a reason for Hussie to be continuing to follow the Candy timeline other than just the desire to see us suffer.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The Candy updates are exponentially more entertaining than the others by virtue of there being No Dirks.

I fuckin mean it. High School Hijinks was the only non-bonus update that felt like anyone was having fun, and I don't mean the characters.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 27, 2020

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

It's funny to think about how Vriska went from a giant battle against Lord English to smuggling Gamzi's dead body into a high school with another troll named Vriska and human Tavros in the space of like a couple hours.

i am seriously willing to ride out any amount of Meat Dirk bullshit for the payoff of her interacting with Candy Rose and Kanaya

like, "so this must be really loving awkward for you guys huh"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
and now that i have typed those words i fear the writers are going to make me regret them

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

On the one hand I shouldn't be too shocked that Kanaya took Rose's name, but I guess I always default to hyphenating in my mind.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

A very serious spoiler

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

OHgod

https://twitter.com/isislovecruft/status/1234006744856244224

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I don't get it. Bad code, but what's the homestuck connection?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Oh no, now that I can see it, it reminds me of the Moebius Double Reacharound virus

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Whoops, posted in entirely wrong thread. Sorry about that!

The official Homestuck account has posted endorsing Sanders. :shrug:

https://twitter.com/homestuck/status/1234867658027302915

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dave Strider for vice president.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Davebot, or original flavor Dave?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Davebot, or original flavor Dave?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New Pesterquest chapter! It's full of Lalondes and very sweet.

It's interesting to see the different interpretations of the characters art-wise. Roxy in this has very messy hair, which I don't think I've seen before, even if it does make perfect sense for an alcoholic that's literally never been face to face with another person.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

New Pesterquest chapter! It's full of Lalondes and very sweet.

It's interesting to see the different interpretations of the characters art-wise. Roxy in this has very messy hair, which I don't think I've seen before, even if it does make perfect sense for an alcoholic that's literally never been face to face with another person.

Wow, that was several gut-punches.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

It was good and cements that Roxy is always the ebst.

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
So I finally finished the main comic a week or so ago after falling off somewhere in the middle of Act 6. I was so glad to be done and then realized both the epilogues and HS2 existed :doh:, just caught up on those too. I like that 2 continues the plotlines from both but Jesus loving Christ Dirk became an insufferable garbage person and every moment not spent solely from his perspective is a blessing. (I say "solely" because the bits where people either fight with or otherwise mock his narration are pretty great)

Also it is hard to believe this comic has been a part of my life for nearly a decade at this point. I honestly didn't know if or when I'd come back to finish it but it turns out the back half of Act 6 is not nearly as painful to get through on an archival read

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I really liked Jake's chapter. The good end was the bad end and the bad end was maybe the good end?

Really enjoyed likening winning over Vriska to befriending the mean cat who hates strangers.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/anarkeolog/status/1238234979068522496?s=19

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lots of stuff going on with Jade in the latest update.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Well. That update brings the grand total of non-bonus updates to have sparked joy in me to 2.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lots of stuff going on with Jade in the latest update.

Jade is the best girl, and needs to be let out of the goddamn fridge.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I am extremely here for Jade coming in to gently caress poo poo up.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Yes.

Hell Yes.

Hell. loving. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Couple things of note:

• The ticking clock colors looked more Dirk/Rose to me than Prospit/Derse
  • Just as Dirk's narrative will can be defied and resisted by Terezi, Callie's narrative will can be defied by Jade. Neither are or can be in absolute control
  • Jade owns