Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Most checks are for fever, or rely on self-reporting. To be fair if you thought you had the virus why would you hide it and not seek medical attention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I just want to get this thing and get it over with

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

cda posted:

I just want to get this thing and get it over with

Looking for a hand out huh? I'm not giving you this virus then!! Consider yourself blocked from coronavirus!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sneak Lemming posted:

Most checks are for fever, or rely on self-reporting. To be fair if you thought you had the virus why would you hide it and not seek medical attention?

Can't miss work or you get fired.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Sneak Lemming posted:

Denial.

Healthcare cost.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sneak Lemming posted:

If you "just" have a cold, you don't want to be separated out and locked in a room with everyone who actually has coronavirus.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Sneak Lemming posted:

You want to infect a bunch of old people?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/EpsilonTheory/s...ingawful.com%2F

They sent off the test LAST WEDNESDAY and just got the results from the CDC today

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Again there is no infection if they don’t test for it.

They deliberately waited.

Honestly stand by for the next few weeks. It’s going to explode here in the US just like all the rest of these countries.

It could be worse though since they waited so long.

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang
lol gently caress we're all dead but at least my 401k is strong.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Augustus Woop-Woop posted:

lol gently caress we're all dead but at least my 401k is strong.

I lost $50k today

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

Bean futures, my friend

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

What are you invested in, Papa Johns?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

unrealized gains and losses don't count

so this is only true if you bought a tesla, or put it all on black and lost it, or something equally dumb

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Sneak Lemming posted:

I see you've *checks notes* never met a human being before

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

Why didn't you invest in Eastern Poland?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nurge posted:

Does it really even matter? Most of the people alive will have the antibodies anyway by the time they actually come up with a vaccine.

Who says you get antibodies?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/hshaban/status/1232896306005323776

:stare:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh man, this years Hajj is gonna be a virus-laden aerosol plume show

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

I said 3 days ago :shrug:

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Sneak Lemming posted:

LimburgLimbo posted:

I see you've *checks notes* never met a human being before

Realistically.... *checks lifelong experience dealing with humans as a whole*
We are definitely hosed. Honestly surprised it took this long to get there.

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang
Eagerly awaiting death as I take the Los Angeles Metro every day.

I avoid touching my face and wash my hands as soon as I end the commute, but gently caress, should I grab a plague doctor mask and just roll with it or what?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Augustus Woop-Woop posted:

Eagerly awaiting death as I take the Los Angeles Metro every day.

I avoid touching my face and wash my hands as soon as I end the commute, but gently caress, should I grab a plague doctor mask and just roll with it or what?

We are definitely hosed here in LA. It is gonna be an interesting next few weeks.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
What should I do if I live spitting distance from a metropolitan hospital in Portland?

I have already purchased extra toothpaste and and too much cat food.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

What should I do if I live spitting distance from a metropolitan hospital in Portland?

I have already purchased extra toothpaste and and too much cat food.

Not go there?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

I've read where you've said you are like poor
Or whining about money
Its rude as hell to those of us that are. But besides that, who gives a poo poo, you are older and smoke. Cancel the cruise, Burt.
My miserable miser rich mother is being a total bitch now from the market--- she hates Bernie too and I suspect its due to her obsession with her savings.

just ughhh

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
You’re only hosed if you get anywhere near another person. Just say no. Doctors call it “social distancing” but goons just call it life

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I do believe that cruise is gonna cancel itself.

Sorry Burt.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

"Stay away from other people" I say over teamspeak to my wow guild

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im hoping Japan cancels the Olympics so I can stop working on them

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
We’ll know poo poo is unstoppable if the virus spreads between people in Finland. Just give up at that point.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Burn Zone posted:

Holy poo poo they didn’t test for flu? It takes roughly 15 minutes for them to find out the results

"Just go in and they'll tell you what kind of flu it is!" Is something I heard from a colleague who is in St. Louis, and many times online. I'm in San Jose, they never ever ever flu test me, lol. I think they don't want to waste the money.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Delthalaz posted:

We’ll know poo poo is unstoppable if the virus spreads between people in Finland. Just give up at that point.

Those saunas are breeding ground for viruses

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
I'm also in San Jose. Never been tested for flu.

I was at the doctor yesterday because my kid had an appointment for some school docs; she also got sent home for a fever from school on Monday, so it was good timing.

Kid had some coughing, and the doc heard noises in her chest, so she whipped off a Z Pak scrip. No testing other than the stethoscope, though to be fair kid's symptoms were not flu-like (no aches, good spirits, etc). I was asked at various waypoints if we had traveled internationally or come into contact with people who had. We just flew back from San Diego 4 days ago, so I said "I have no idea- anyone could have been on the plane or at [large amusement park]". All the requestors noted that as "no contact".

It seems like there were lots of flags that might indicate asking a few more questions, but nope.

Anyway, that case in UC Davis Med Center sounds fun. The person has probably been infecting Sacramento for the past 2 weeks. Time to blow up the causeway at the Yolo bypass, I guess.

edit: https://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/newly-diagnosed-coronavirus-patient-being-treated-at-uc-davis-medical-center/

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

The Glumslinger posted:

Those saunas are breeding ground for viruses

Not really a problem when every house has their own sauna room

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I just got a paper accepted at a prestigious astronomy conference that will be held in Tokyo this June

I think there's about 0% chance that I actually go to this thing unless Trump is right and the virus disappears if the weather gets warm. But I'd need to plan the trip much sooner than that, so I probably just won't go. Don't want to wind up like Burt (RIP)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

If they push the olympics back it’s a good thing, whoever decided to have them in loving August in Tokyo is a complete moron

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

If they push the olympics back it’s a good thing, whoever decided to have them in loving August in Tokyo is a complete moron

Its hilarious because Japan literally has a national holiday they created because the last time they had the Olympics they had to delay them to later in the year due to the heat

On the other hand, its me the guy in Tokyo who walks around in the summer and acts like everyone else is the crazy one

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

Well to be fair they stage the Olympics and other sports events anywhere that promises to make the Olympic committee or other stakeholders richer without regards for the athletes or anything else since forever. Where was it that practically no-one finished that marathon last summer?

Edit: It was Doha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

from watching anime i know that people in the summer in tokyo just lay around in apartments while heat lines waft lazily through the air, and then someone has an awkward moment at the beach, anyway thank you for reading my cultural report on japan