Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
T6M Christine's Outfit
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68385

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ariong posted:

Paid mods are never going to happen. It's a completely futile idea borne of game companies' desire to have their cake and eat it too. They want people to constantly produce extra content for their game for free, but they also want people to pay them money for it. You're right that they ought to pay modders if they're going to make money off of it, but at that point it's not modding so much as contracting people to make DLC.

EDIT: And by "happen" I mean be implemented successfully.

Warframe does this kinda. Fans can design cosmetics, really good ones get picked up for the cash shop and the proceeds split with the contributor.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Valve has done this for quite some time with items for TF2, DOTA, and CSGO. Not sure what DE's agreement in Warframe is, but Valve's policies towards the community contributors in their games are incredibly predatory.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

aniviron posted:

Valve has done this for quite some time with items for TF2, DOTA, and CSGO. Not sure what DE's agreement in Warframe is, but Valve's policies towards the community contributors in their games are incredibly predatory.

Yup. There's a good analysis on it here.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Truly the best outfit for traveling through corrosive clouds of hell gas.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

aniviron posted:

I can't say how accurate it is, but this article claims TennoGen is pretty good.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Corporations also consistently fail to grasp just how much money a healthy modding community earns them by proxy. Skyrim and The Sims would not be the multi-year sales juggernauts they are without their vibrant modding scenes.

No, they don't. It's why Bethesda continues to shackle themselves to the Gamebryo forks that people are familiar with modding and have relatively easy architecture for doing so, instead of jumping ship to engines that work. What they do do is try to do full pedal capitalism and get more on top of a healthy modding community, which is basically incompatible.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Orv posted:

No, they don't. It's why Bethesda continues to shackle themselves to the Gamebryo forks that people are familiar with modding and have relatively easy architecture for doing so, instead of jumping ship to engines that work. What they do do is try to do full pedal capitalism and get more on top of a healthy modding community, which is basically incompatible.

To be fair, engines that are easy to mod also tend to be engines that are easy to develop for. Gamebryo does a lot of things very badly, but it's almost unmatched at letting you make levels quickly and populate them with stuff, which is a pretty useful trait.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Orv posted:

Training people on a new engine that does things natively also costs money and time that can be spent further perverting Gamebryo into a nightmarish mess.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Orv posted:

Don''t attribute to 'Wanting a healthy modding community' what can be more realistically attributed to corporate shortsightedness and greed.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, I don't for a second believe that Bethesda has stuck with Gamebryo this long because of the rich modding community.

Orv
May 4, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Don''t attribute to 'Wanting a healthy modding community' what can be more realistically attributed to corporate shortsightedness and greed.

That's what I was saying, yes, mostly the greed.

My question is does the long tail on Bethesda's space game and TES 6 mean they're moving to something new or will we get to see the no doubt glorious monstrosity that would be a Gamebryo space game.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Nah, they are still messing with Gamebryo/Creation Engine for Starfield and TES6. In fact, when they announced both, one of the first things people did was ask if they where using a new engine. Nope.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Baller Time posted:

Nah, they are still messing with Gamebryo/Creation Engine for Starfield and TES6. In fact, when they announced both, one of the first things people did was ask if they where using a new engine. Nope.

I cannot wait.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, I don't for a second believe that Bethesda has stuck with Gamebryo this long because of the rich modding community.

Not for 'rich modding community' but for 'droves of people who will buy our poo poo JUST to gently caress around with it'. They are very aware of how much modding drives sales of their products.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33088

quote:

All of Heimskrs voice lines that were about preaching Talos have been replace by a TTS lecture about cock and ball torture (CBT)

I am not sure this solves the Heimskr Problem...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Corporations also consistently fail to grasp just how much money a healthy modding community earns them by proxy. Skyrim and The Sims would not be the multi-year sales juggernauts they are without their vibrant modding scenes.

Well yes, because you can't put that on a quarterly earnings sheet.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Patch Notes v1.095
===================
* Replaced the music that plays in Whiterun to instead play "Old Days" by Chicago

I feel bad for older people who find out there are music uploads on YouTube, only to look up that song and read the comments on the video.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 27, 2020

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23231

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

Orv
May 4, 2011
"I dunno this is clearly stupid but these don't... seem... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Orv posted:

"I dunno this is clearly stupid but these don't... seem... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Why's everyone screaming, these screenshots seem fi-:yikes:.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
VR Ready

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
like toned, glistening Bratz dolls

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why's everyone screaming, these screenshots seem fi-:yikes:.

quote:

[.] Marriable

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

loving lol. Is that Augus from Asura's Wrath?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Body Proportions 84%Body 128%Head

quote:

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
It's the limbs. The weird, spindly limbs.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I can't see how it was 'fine' before that point, honestly

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Jagged Jim posted:

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Body Proportions 84%Body 128%Head
Anorectic tentacled smurfs: the mod

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Rollersnake posted:

I really didn't want this horrible, accurate description to slip by without praise/opprobrium, thank you/gently caress you

Really appreciating the horrible flashbacks that gave me to working at a Toys R Us and occasionally seeing ur-neckbeards in literal trilbies stalking through the girl's toys because they were creeping on the Monster High dolls

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rollersnake posted:

Kindly go to hell and take your sickeningly-accurate description with you :barf:.

Magmarashi posted:

I can't see how it was 'fine' before that point, honestly

"Fine" as in "regular-bad for the thread". Poor wording on my part, and partly just to lead in to the emote.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Anime Replacer for House - Yes Man - and Victor.

quote:

About this mod
Replaces the faces of these three chads with original anime characters made with Honey Select. Intended for personal use, but felt like sharing to others that want a bit uniqueness to their game instead of the usual lore friendly stuff.

quote:

I grew tired of seeing these three chads with their boring, normal faces. I want my game to be astounding and badass, that fits with the theme of my dark anime FNV (imagine Ghost in the Shell married Berserk and Vampire Hunter D, somehow had an orgy with Hyperdimension Neptunia and Attack on Titan and Claymore), so I switched these chads faces with something better. Anime, originally made by yours truly using Honey Select and some Photoshop magic.

The idea is to make these three look good, yet also be aligned with the theme of their character. Victor, smiling and happy yet always wit the ulterior intent. Mr House, God-Emperor in the machine, and Yes Man, loyal right hand of the new Dictator of the Mojave, you.

This is not made for lore-friendliness or any of that boring drab. Its made for fun and awesomeness. They're still dudes don't worry about it. I'm not into that transgender poo poo so rest assured. They're traps now, manly as usual, just have a more pretty look (imagine Griffith and Kurapika, traps, but manly as always, especially Kurapika).

Anyway, if you don't like it, feel free to leave. If you like it, download and endorse and have fun. No need for no stupid comments or any of that nonsense. Oh and let me know if it doesn't work. I'll try and help out.

ENB used is personal ENB that I plan on publishing soon.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Come for the shoehorned anime
stay for the transphobia and fetishization.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's kinda impressive how that mod description somehow manages to make every single word in it revolting.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 28, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Come for the shoehorned anime
stay for the transphobia and fetishization.

Ugh, yeah, can't you just tell how cool and badass a dude they are? They're hardcore into nailing chicks 24-7 because they are an awe-sooomme sicknasty and MANLY Alpha-Male dude! :rock:

I'm surprised they didn't throw in some "simps" for good measure, that seems to be the new go-to internet buzzword that translates to "I am a loving moron, ignore me".

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Oh man my FNV is so cool. It's like if you took a bunch of popular settings with conflicting tones and genres and then ignored everything about that poo poo

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's kinda impressive how that mod description somehow manages to make every single word in it revolting.
:emptyquote:

EDIT: Might as well ask- what's the name of that FNV mod that's supposed to come out soon? Been thinking about replaying FNV, but I've played the base game so many times.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Frontier. The last, best hope for humanity New Vegas Total Conversion mods.

When your main competition is Beyond Boulder Dome and New California one can hope The Frontier can at least rise to the level of decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arcsquad12 posted:

The Frontier. The last, best hope for humanity New Vegas Total Conversion mods.

When your main competition is Beyond Boulder Dome and New California one can hope The Frontier can at least rise to the level of decent.

Benign/inoffensive and forgettable would be clearing the bar set by New California by A LOT.