Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr Hootington posted:

I have it completely downloaded on an S10 and it still lag spikes.

Same but on a 3a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
How's rerolling in the DQ game, or not worth the bother?

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I couldn't get into it. Just missing so many modern QoL features.
Don't make me wear a boomerang into a quest, tell me right before I go into the quest, make me back out, click a dozen times+ to equip a boomerang, then click another 15 times to get back into the quest.

Also, making skill use in Auto mode a pay only feature is lovely.

A modern pass at the game UI/system might make it good. But as it stands, it's too time consuming and tedious for me.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If a game is trashy enough that you need to reroll a whole bunch to enjoy it, you're better off not bothering at all.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

How's rerolling in the DQ game, or not worth the bother?

It doesn't require Root or even an Emulator, just a file exploer, like Solid Explorer. You delete 4 (maybe 5) files, then start the game again.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

cage-free egghead posted:

I can't stop playing Retro Bowl

Same. Allegedly according to the reviews on Android store, once you win a Retro Bowl the difficulty spikes and becomes bullshit. I wouldn't know I got eliminated in the playoffs in my 3rd year so far.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gerdalti posted:

Don't make me wear a boomerang into a quest, tell me right before I go into the quest, make me back out, click a dozen times+ to equip a boomerang, then click another 15 times to get back into the quest.

A modern pass at the game UI/system might make it good. But as it stands, it's too time consuming and tedious for me.

Yeah it really has the warts of a five year old mobage

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I guess it didn’t matter. Second try I got a metal slime bow and metal slime rod from the 10 pul, and tickets on that banner. Plus a lunar fan.

Then the DQ 1/2 banner gave me *five* 5 star items. :psyduck:

Smart shield
Power shield
Miracle hat
Water circlet
Zombie killer

Seems good enough!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

it's rly cute, i'm having fun

but i'm a gacha degen

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

American football isn't interesting to me but Retro Bowl is fun as hell.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Why is everyone surprised a dragonquest game doesnt have QoL features?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Gerdalti posted:

Lol such hyperbole. Takes literally three taps to get from any menu to the bonus list of a quest, and literally another three taps to get to your equipment menu. That's even if the quest has an equipment bonus, which is fairly rare.

Also the 'use skills automatically' is so needless - it's not like this is an idle game, and besides, skills aren't even that necessary. I think the only times I use it is when I want a skilful finish.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Tap to everything wouldnt be so bad if each menu didnt cause 5 seconds of freezing.

Edit: the game isnt bad when it is working, but it needs better optimization.

Menus are DQ and asinine systems are DQ.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Xtanstic posted:

Same. Allegedly according to the reviews on Android store, once you win a Retro Bowl the difficulty spikes and becomes bullshit. I wouldn't know I got eliminated in the playoffs in my 3rd year so far.

I just won the prestigious Retro Bowl in my 5th year, so I'll keep an eye out for that. So far, the best strategy has been to get a WR that's fast as hell and just wait till he gets open.

I also find that if you are down by two touchdowns, you've already lost.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Harminoff posted:

This new retro football game is pretty good. You only play offense but mechanics are good and even has management.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newstargames.retrobowl

Probably worth the buck but once you get the hang of passing and draft a decent qb it's a pretty easy game, especially if you get a quality wr and rb too. The pass to the hb out of the backfield is drat near unstoppable, same for leading and throwing deep to a fast wr. Won the super bowl in my third season and I can't see me ever losing more than 1-2 fluke games per season going forward.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

oh dope posted:

I just won the prestigious Retro Bowl in my 5th year, so I'll keep an eye out for that. So far, the best strategy has been to get a WR that's fast as hell and just wait till he gets open.

I also find that if you are down by two touchdowns, you've already lost.

Does having a good defensive rating make a difference? I feel like 90% of the time, the opposing team scores on their run regardless.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

interrodactyl posted:

Does having a good defensive rating make a difference? I feel like 90% of the time, the opposing team scores on their run regardless.

Not as far as i can tell. Maybe if you went all in on defense it could, but then the part of the game you actually play won't be as good.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

I noticed a significant improvement once I got a good defensive coordinator and a couple good defensive players. The good teams will still usually score but chumps will get stopped a fair amount. It's not worth investing in until you have the offense settled, though.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Phyresis posted:

it's rly cute, i'm having fun

but i'm a gacha degen

Is there some sort of law that says all gacha game need to have god awful UI? I'm seeing 15 different buttons which many probably lead to a similar amount of buttons. And three of those buttons have "notifications". Also I think 7 of those buttons are shops or tempting you into spending premium currency.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Yeah, since all the mechanics in gachas are designed to work against the player to encourage spending money.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If I could abolish one gacha game design decision it would be where you're forced to go through the tutorial stages before being able to access the options menu to change graphics or turn down game volume.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Bruceski posted:

If I could abolish one gacha game design decision it would be where you're forced to go through the tutorial stages before being able to access the options menu to change graphics or turn down game volume.

Oh my god yes. I want to click on settings but it wont let me do anything but click on the button to equip a level 1 sword.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Combo posted:

Oh my god yes. I want to click on settings but it wont let me do anything but click on the button to equip a level 1 sword.

Well they really need to explain how the game works because their game has really broken the mold. This game let's you level via grinding but there is a cap. To go pasted the cap you can combine a series of harder to gain resources. Once you have reached that cap you can combined two of the same character to break that cap and/or make their skill level go up.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 27, 2020

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Retro Bowl rules, thanks thread!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Bobby Cox posted:

At least until it decides to turn Buffalo into an unbeatable juggernaut! I lost 37-0 and 35-0 last two games. I think I had 7 interceptions to 2 completions in one of them. They just seem to have all 5* defenders that are faster than all of my players and just toss them to the ground leaving me nowhere to throw ever. Also an unstoppable offense that bull dozes my decent 4* defense.I haven't lost to any other team in the past two seasons, but they are my 3 losses every year (division games and playoffs).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Once yu get past the first tutorial island in DQ, the game becomes stable.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Once yu get past the first tutorial island in DQ, the game becomes stable.

Is this a compliment or complaint?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Shwqa posted:

Is this a compliment or complaint?

Compliment. The stuttering and freezing was annoying.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Scipiotik posted:

At least until it decides to turn Buffalo into an unbeatable juggernaut! I lost 37-0 and 35-0 last two games. I think I had 7 interceptions to 2 completions in one of them. They just seem to have all 5* defenders that are faster than all of my players and just toss them to the ground leaving me nowhere to throw ever. Also an unstoppable offense that bull dozes my decent 4* defense.I haven't lost to any other team in the past two seasons, but they are my 3 losses every year (division games and playoffs).

I'm hoping I run into an unbeatable team like this, I was running train with a one star runningback who seemed to stiff arm everyone. I think he had 30 touchdowns my first season.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Bobby Cox posted:

I'm hoping I run into an unbeatable team like this, I was running train with a one star runningback who seemed to stiff arm everyone. I think he had 30 touchdowns my first season.

I'm thinking of dumping my entire offensive roster except my QB and a good WR and dumping everything into defense to see what happens. My offense is usually just wait till WR is open or check down. It seems to work pretty good.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Bobby Cox posted:

My brain keeps insisting the music is some crazy remix of The King of Wishful Thinking and that song gets stuck in my head for hours after.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
My WR had 52 TDs last season. The next year he had 21. The game just demos you the next season. Also don't see the point in joining other teams and inheriting garbage. I never accumulate enough coins to ever afford FAs or good coaches anyways.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah I kinda broke retro bowl with a max speed max catching WR and a decent QB with all other roster in high cost very good defensive units. I never get scored on and my boy catches balls in a 20 foot radius even in a crowd. Kinda sucks actually because the game was fun.

This is game breaking too:
Also I found that if you just spam double tap when kicking for +1 after a TD once the bar is at full power it automatically gives you a perfect kick

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yeah I didn't notice a difficulty spike once I won a Retro Bowl.

Super speedy WR with a decent QB is indeed ridiculously strong. As is passing it to the RB running from the backfield.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Mr Hootington posted:

Compliment. The stuttering and freezing was annoying.

Did you hit the download full game button? My S10 had no performance problems but I downloaded everything before starting.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

DemonMage posted:

Did you hit the download full game button? My S10 had no performance problems but I downloaded everything before starting.

I did. After the video which plays after the tutorial, everything ran fine.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wow, Hungry Cat Picross is really good. I like their spin on the puzzles over standard nonograms.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Bruceski posted:

Wow, Hungry Cat Picross is really good. I like their spin on the puzzles over standard nonograms.

I am on the last puzzle right now and so sad it’s over.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Snowmankilla posted:

I am on the last puzzle right now and so sad it’s over.

Have you done all the weeklies? Have you done all the weeklies from the past 5 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Knightmare posted:

Have you done all the weeklies? Have you done all the weeklies from the past 5 years?

Yes and yes. I am really bummed out.