Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Nanigans posted:

Anyone who collects 6" Black Series know the chances of the Rebels Ahsoka being re-released? She's hovering around $50 right now and wanted to know if I should just eat the 100% markup or be patient and wait for a re-release.

The only BS being rereleased right now are either old human figs with new photo-real face paint apps, Jedi in their force ghost forms, or repainted troopers, so I wouldn’t hold out hope for a reissue. The Archive line so far seems to be sticking to figures from the first year or so of the line. They were supposed to reissue Commander Gree but that was a unique situation since it was a TRU exclusive just before they closed and I haven’t heard anything about further reissues. There should be a BS figure coming this year or next of Ahsoka in her later Clone Wars appearance though.

It sucks, but I’d probably just bite the bullet and pay the $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The only BS being rereleased right now are either old human figs with new photo-real face paint apps, Jedi in their force ghost forms, or repainted troopers, so I wouldn’t hold out hope for a reissue. The Archive line so far seems to be sticking to figures from the first year or so of the line. They were supposed to reissue Commander Gree but that was a unique situation since it was a TRU exclusive just before they closed and I haven’t heard anything about further reissues. There should be a BS figure coming this year or next of Ahsoka in her later Clone Wars appearance though.

It sucks, but I’d probably just bite the bullet and pay the $50.

That's incredibly detailed and helpful info. Thanks!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nanigans posted:

That's incredibly detailed and helpful info. Thanks!

I get all my info on Black Series stuff (and Star Wars toys in general) from Yak Face and Crimson Dawn Collectibles. They’re both great at digging up info, sometimes years in advance.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I get all my info on Black Series stuff (and Star Wars toys in general) from Yak Face and Crimson Dawn Collectibles. They’re both great at digging up info, sometimes years in advance.

Nice. Just started following Crimson Dawn and bookmarked Yak Face!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nanigans posted:

Nice. Just started following Crimson Dawn and bookmarked Yak Face!

I forgot to add that Yak Face also has an Instagram account that updates a bit more frequently than the website, but they’re both good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't find any pics outside of the Pixel Dan video but DC Direct has a new Green Arrow/Black Canary Bombshells statue and I must have it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
On the topic of Black Series, if anyone sees a Jedi Luke at Wal-Mart, please grab him for me. We don't have Wal-Marts in NYC.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

On the topic of Black Series, if anyone sees a Jedi Luke at Wal-Mart, please grab him for me. We don't have Wal-Marts in NYC.

You may want to head over to the Fwoosh forums. There was a nice guy there willing to grab one for me. This was about two weeks ago, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I can't find any pics outside of the Pixel Dan video but DC Direct has a new Green Arrow/Black Canary Bombshells statue and I must have it.

https://news.toyark.com/2020/02/23/toy-fair-2020-dc-direct-statues-and-vinyl-figures-382628

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's the one.

And Mattel got their MOTU Origins crate to NYTF and they look pretty great. Lots of reassurments that the line is moving forward, they just had some issues getting the figures to NY for some reason. I'm still not 100% going in on this but it's gonna be hard to resist.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Nanigans posted:

Anyone who collects 6" Black Series know the chances of the Rebels Ahsoka being re-released? She's hovering around $50 right now and wanted to know if I should just eat the 100% markup or be patient and wait for a re-release.

Ah geez. She really has gone up then, I sold off all my Black Series about six months ago and could only get maybe $15 for her.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

ShimSham posted:

Ah geez. She really has gone up then, I sold off all my Black Series about six months ago and could only get maybe $15 for her.

Hahah, bad timing on both our parts. :saddowns:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nanigans posted:

You may want to head over to the Fwoosh forums. There was a nice guy there willing to grab one for me. This was about two weeks ago, though.

Do you know which thread or the guy's username?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Do you know which thread or the guy's username?

His username was Nebraska and it was in the S.H. Figuarts Star Wars thread.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I preordered a case of the new Joes from a dealer here in Singapore, the case assortment is curious

TARANTULA x2
Roadblock
DARKLING
Duke
Scarlett

So Tarantula is obviously Snake Eyes, but I'm guessing Darkling is going to be Destro, based on the leaks and such that were correct so far. Case is scheduled for July so might be a while before Hasbro shows the figure off.

Rhyno posted:

And Mattel got their MOTU Origins crate to NYTF and they look pretty great. Lots of reassurments that the line is moving forward, they just had some issues getting the figures to NY for some reason. I'm still not 100% going in on this but it's gonna be hard to resist.

I think they got me 100% on this one, the figures just look like so much fun, love the new paintings on the sky sled and battle cat's boxes. The stuff shown largely matches an alleged leak from a recent german toy show that was especially interesting as it claimed Mattel was going to reissue the MOTUC Castle Greyskull at retail, with more vintage toy style paint and less accessories. There may be two more motu lines from mattel at retail next year, one for Revelation and one for the new children's show, so Greyskull could fit in those too. Would be great for people to get another shot at buying one.

I was really blown away by a lot of the NECA stuff this year, especially the Biolante and Tokyo S.O.S. Godzilla's. Also the Defenders of the Earth figures look great, I prefer Alex Raymond/Al Williamson designs for Flash but that Ming and Phantom are so rad looking , plus I'll get Lothar and Mandrake so there's no way I'm no going to end up with Flash.

Sooper Gila fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 25, 2020

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Really wish they were doing Build a Vehicle or something with that line. The more I look at the other three, the more I'm warming up to them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sooper Gila posted:

I think they got me 100% on this one, the figures just look like so much fun, love the new paintings on the sky sled and battle cat's boxes. The stuff shown largely matches an alleged leak from a recent german toy show that was especially interesting as it claimed Mattel was going to reissue the MOTUC Castle Greyskull at retail, with more vintage toy style paint and less accessories. There may be two more motu lines from mattel at retail next year, one for Revelation and one for the new children's show, so Greyskull could fit in those too. Would be great for people to get another shot at buying one.

I'm a little torn. I've been quietly piecing a 200X collection together but some of the "staction" pieces are very hard to find or very pricey. Classics is not even remotely an option with how expensive half those figures have gotten and I just don't see the value in spending $200+ for a single figure. Origins looks like a great option for fans of the original stuff but some of it looks a little too simple for a 2020 line. Revolution might be what I'm actually looking for, a reboot like 200x but with modern toy engineering. But hell, that's going to be at least a year before we see even a hint of that. But if they do reissue the Classics Greyskull I will jump on that.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I can't wait for that Retro Spider-man wave. That new body looks like it could dethrone even Mafex Spidey. It also looks like he'll be fine with the Pizza Spidey's crawling hands. I'd also love to have an animated series-based Shocker and Green Goblin. I haven't been this excited for Marvel Legends in forever, it seems.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I made a grocery run and Kroger had their MLs down to $12.50 so I picked up Citizen V. Guess I'll start piecing together the Thunderbolts.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yak Face dug up a whole bunch of info on future Black Series figures:

Stormtrooper (Rogue One)
Clone Trooper (Kamino)
Clone Trooper (Clone Wars)
Luke (Snowspeeder)
Han Solo (Endor)
Teebo
Admiral Ackbar
Incinerator Trooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Moff Gideon
Darth Vader (ESB)
Luke (Endor)
Leia (Endor)
Cad Bane
The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor)

No idea what the Kamino or TCW Clones will be, but the Rogue One Stormtrooper will probably be a repaint with dirt and grime. Also really weird to have Teebo be the first BS Ewok, which makes me wonder if Wicket is also coming.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I made a grocery run and Kroger had their MLs down to $12.50 so I picked up Citizen V. Guess I'll start piecing together the Thunderbolts.

I love Shocker and Boomerang, if you can get them. They even have Thunderbolts insignias where their belt buckles would be. There's a guy in the DC Action Figures Facebook Group trying to trade a Shocker for anything DCUC/DC Direct/DC Collectibles/DC animated-related.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 26, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have Boomerang somewhere and I have Mach1 preordered. Songbird appears to be fairly cheap. I'm gonna need an Atlas BAF so Hasbro better get on that.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

If anyone is interested I have Figma Motoko Kusanagi SAC up for sale. The grey outfit. version. Open/complete — asking $69 shipped (nice)

https://imgur.com/gallery/hbw1JwM

Sick vvvv

epsilon fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 27, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Diamond select is making Zim toys :chanpop::captainpop::pusheen:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CelticPredator posted:

Diamond select is making Zim toys :chanpop::captainpop::pusheen:

loving Christ, finally. Any pics?

I wish it were any other company, honestly. I guess they will join my Nightmare Before Christmas figures in the “barely articulated” statues gang.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yak Face dug up a whole bunch of info on future Black Series figures:

Luke (Snowspeeder)
Hoth Rebel Trooper

These two are already on sale and pics are all over the internet. The rebel trooper is neat, Luke looks like the starfighter rerelease but with a new condom hat head and different boots.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hot Toys have announced an amazing Miles Morales figure. :swoon:

https://twitter.com/onesixthscale/status/1232892314189565953

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Isn't that the one they announced last year with homeless Peter Parker? Or was that mafex?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Isn't that the one they announced last year with homeless Peter Parker? Or was that mafex?

They was Mafex 6".

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Fuzz posted:

These two are already on sale and pics are all over the internet. The rebel trooper is neat, Luke looks like the starfighter rerelease but with a new condom hat head and different boots.

Yeah, the two on that list will just be standard red box releases instead of the current ESB 40th cards. Luke also has a new torso since the Hoth pilots had that extra jacket over their flightsuit. It’s a great figure.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Miles looks awesome! Is it though to get a preorder on Hot Toys stuff when they go live?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That Miles looks awesome! Is it though to get a preorder on Hot Toys stuff when they go live?

I would also like to know this. Where is best/cheapest too?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, the two on that list will just be standard red box releases instead of the current ESB 40th cards. Luke also has a new torso since the Hoth pilots had that extra jacket over their flightsuit. It’s a great figure.

Yeah, I grabbed one to put in my Snowspeeder with Dak

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nanigans posted:

loving Christ, finally. Any pics?

I wish it were any other company, honestly. I guess they will join my Nightmare Before Christmas figures in the “barely articulated” statues gang.

Nah. But there’s a pic of the statue. The dude who works at DST on fwoosh confirmed it.

The statue

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah, it'll be easy to preorder on Sideshow.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Good to know!

I'm looking to get some cheaper alternatives to the tamashii nations stands. Any suggestions?

Oh, also some clear shelf risers for detolfs, if there's any particularly good ones?

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Feb 28, 2020

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Good to know!

I'm looking to get some cheaper alternatives to the tamashii nations stands. Any suggestions?

Oh, also some clear shelf risers for detolfs, if there's any particularly good ones?

While not totally clear (more of a frosted clear), I love these:

https://www.target.com/p/plastic-bathroom-tray-made-by-design-153/-/A-53308542

They stack well, are subtle, and are only $1.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Ooh, those might work!

Does anyone here have the Amazing Yamagichi Iron Man? Any thoughts on it? I’ve been eyeing it for a while.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ooh, those might work!

Does anyone here have the Amazing Yamagichi Iron Man? Any thoughts on it? I’ve been eyeing it for a while.

It's loving awesome. Grab it and War Machine, easily the top two figures of the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope this is a start for Hot Toys to do more animated stuff. I would kill for a Star Wars Rebels line.