Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

redreader posted:

Imagine doing even a single bit of stocking up for this. We're all going to get it, just ride it out.

The problem isn't the end of the world, its many of your neighbors thinking its the end and then you realize there is no god drat TP left at the loving store.

AlmightyBob posted:

us retail workers are hosed huh

Pretty sure you have been getting hosed by your job for long before this coronavirus existed.

coronavirus fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Their growth has been poo poo for decades, that's not the same as the economy. Most Japanese people are doing fine and the country as a whole is consistently a leader in standard of living metrics.

They are still doing fine in the 2010s decade because they have built up significant technological and industrial dividend from the past decades. But I think they will use up the dividend soon and fallen way short in the new industries.

A good example I would like to use is the SLR and camera market. They have been doing fine because the Japanese brands have created a virtual monopoly for the entire interchangeable lens camera business with an extremely high cost of entry. Samsung tried to enter but had to give up because it was too costly to compete on system level. So the Japanese basically have been sitting on their asses with basically zero improvement on the software side because they don't have to. What they didn't anticipated was fast forward to 2020, the entire consumer market has moved on to smartphone camera. Instead of spend xx amount of money on a stand along camera, people are willing to spend more on a phone and be content with a better integrated camera. The only camera niche in active development is the sport camera market but the Chinese and American offerings are eating Sony's lunch because they have way better software.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

Holy poo poo you have more than a half million in stocks? Lowtax is really stepping up his mod paying game.

Also some angry commie goon just put you on a list. God speed good cruiser.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

i lust for plague death

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

I lost $50k today

MODS!!

wait.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

From Georgia:

https://twitter.com/peterliakhov/status/1232935546072293376?s=21

(Comments on this tweet say the guy is probably okay but still lol)

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

you need to keep immunizing new herd members in order for herd immunity to remain effective. Most adults are immune to measles but that hasn't prevented measles outbreaks from occurring from unvaccinated kids catching it and spreading it to each other

Like your line of thinking would suggest that chickenpox outbreaks should only occur every couple of decades, which is clearly wrong

Those are very limited outbreaks. A worldwide pandemic will create a nearly unbreakable immunization for a long time because there is no one left to contract the disease from and a vast majority of the planet can't transmit it any more. This is more or less what happened to the spanish flu. It was too efficiently transmitted for its own good in the long term. That said the politician in the clip is still a shithead and vaccines should be affordable.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
:tinfoil:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

thoughts and prayers

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If pope Francis dies, that's okay, we still have the last pope to fall back on.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

It's 2020, the Pope should be animatronic anyways.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Seems rich people aren't inspecting their trafficked victims well enough.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

A Grand Egg posted:

[Doctors waiting room]

Me: [chanting] pandemic, pandemic-

Other patients: pandemic, PANDEMIC

Receptionist: [pounding her clipboard] PANDEMIC, PANDEMIC, PANDEMIC!

Posting this again, as it’s great.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

QuarkJets posted:

I just got a paper accepted at a prestigious astronomy conference that will be held in Tokyo this June

I think there's about 0% chance that I actually go to this thing unless Trump is right and the virus disappears if the weather gets warm. But I'd need to plan the trip much sooner than that, so I probably just won't go. Don't want to wind up like Burt (RIP)

Congratulations! Sorry about not attending, but yay for the paper.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

madmatt112 posted:

Posting this again, as it’s great.

WHO:

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Rad-daddio posted:

It's 2020, the Pope should be animatronic reptilian anyways.
FTFY :colbert:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We had a reptilian pope, he stepped down to make room for Francis.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
You're mistaking "reptilian" for "Sith".

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

If Francis kicks it, I get my dream of a biopic starring Jonathan Pryce.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Ruggan posted:

My neck
My back
My pussy
AND
My virus-laden plume hole

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It must be depressing to be from madagascar on the internet and have everyone constantly wishing you death by plague. You Google Madagascar corinavirus to see the latest official word but it's just pages and pages of Americans joking about how you'll hopefully get sick before the port closes

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Spinz posted:

I've read where you've said you are like poor
Or whining about money
Its rude as hell to those of us that are. But besides that, who gives a poo poo, you are older and smoke. Cancel the cruise, Burt.
My miserable miser rich mother is being a total bitch now from the market--- she hates Bernie too and I suspect its due to her obsession with her savings.

just ughhh

lmao some days I can barely afford to eat and I die a lot inside when goons flaunt their riches.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Plant MONSTER. posted:

lmao some days I can barely afford to eat and I die a lot inside when goons flaunt their riches.

It's ok everyone is going die

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

dr.acula posted:

It's ok everyone is going die

:glomp: thank you! That makes me feel better :3:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Mozi posted:

what's your favorite Olympic value? mine is Excellence

Clenbuterol

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
If this really does kick off and you work with the elderly, you may want to start looking for a new job now.

People in 1st world countries will be generally OK, but that doesn't include the US.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 27, 2020

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

My boss wanted to go on vacation to Costa Rica in March but now that there's some cases starting in South America, she's starting to feel really hesitant. She's afraid of being stuck in quarantine and not being able to get back home (small business owner... It'd be interesting to say to the least if she were stuck overseas and it was just myself and my coworker running things).

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My boss wanted to go on vacation to Costa Rica in March but now that there's some cases starting in South America, she's starting to feel really hesitant. She's afraid of being stuck in quarantine and not being able to get back home (small business owner... It'd be interesting to say to the least if she were stuck overseas and it was just myself and my coworker running things).

You will get to find out what your Boss really does, you may be surprised you can actually run the place without them.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

coronavirus posted:

The problem isn't the end of the world, its many of your neighbors thinking its the end and then you realize there is no god drat TP left at the loving store.

Sitting here with my bidet like a boss

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

A Grand Egg posted:

If this really does kick off and you work with the elderly, you may want to start looking for a new job now.

People in 1st world countries will be generally OK, but that doesn't include the US.

I suggest looting and gravedigging, or some exciting combination of both. When god fires you from one job he leaves an open window or whatever

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

A Grand Egg posted:

You will get to find out what your Boss really does, you may be surprised you can actually run the place without them.

You'd be surprised how much bullshit paperwork and calling around and general menial garbage goes into running a small business since you have a very limited amount of office people, or possibly just one (the boss). Unless one of the workers also ran a business before there's very little chance they could run the place longer than a week or something.

e: The larger the business more useless people there are in management positions though. If we were talking about a good sized firm there's a chance no one would notice a manager missing for years.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

cda posted:

Invest in some kind of foot pump

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Plant MONSTER. posted:

We stop in Honduras lol

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Colonel Cancer posted:

I suggest looting and gravedigging, or some exciting combination of both. When god fires you from one job he leaves an open window or whatever

Also if the old person has flu like symptoms ask to see their Will just for a bit :ninja:

black_widow.gif.tar.lzh

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 27, 2020

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Nurge posted:

You'd be surprised how much bullshit paperwork and calling around and general menial garbage goes into running a small business since you have a very limited amount of office people, or possibly just one (the boss). Unless one of the workers also ran a business before there's very little chance they could run the place longer than a week or something.

e: The larger the business more useless people there are in management positions though. If we were talking about a good sized firm there's a chance no one would notice a manager missing for years.

You should convince her to go on holiday

Its just Quickbooks or MYOB or something if its a small business, watch some youtube videos, and you wing the rest, I believe in you.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 27, 2020

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

A Grand Egg posted:

Invest in some kind of foot pump

I spent all my pump money on a penis one

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

cda posted:

I hope you don't live with anyone else, because the rear end to rear end water bidet transmission rate of covid-19 is 100%

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I heard covid-19 can be cured by having sex with a virgin so good news everyone!

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
This is grim. People sent out as cured and then it comes back or they are reinfected somehow.

quote:

A tour guide in Japan who was recently released from a hospital after recovering from the coronavirus has tested positive again, according to reports.

The Osaka woman, in her 40s, was working on a bus with tourists from the Chinese epicenter city of Wuhan when she was confirmed to be infected with the illness on Jan. 29, according to Agence France-Presse.

The woman was discharged from the hospital on Feb. 1 and tested negative for the virus five days later, though she still had a cough that went away a week later.

But on Feb. 21, she returned to the doctor because of a sore throat and chest pain — and tested positive again on Wednesday, according to AFP.

An official in Osaka said the case is the first of a person testing positive for COVID-19 in Japan after apparently being cleared of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

coronavirus posted:

I hope you don't live with anyone else, because the rear end to rear end water bidet transmission rate of covid-19 is 100%

Toilet or bidet water could be the only uninfected water in the house, now it has peices of poo poo in it.