Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Infinitum posted:

It can be handled differently as well. Spider-Man handles Octavius's slow descent into Doc Ock really really well.

Yeah it was done pretty well in that, if you were the sort to look at everything the clues in the lab like the notes on his whiteboard which slowly got more erratic were great.

*edit: fuckin' top of the page. I quite like this Sumo Digital low poly arcade racer, Hotshot Racing... This is a car guy not a game nerd in case you're worried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK1AisK8AZY

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1233050610569744384?s=19

:ohdear:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now this is p silly

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

Was Dark Fate actually good? The last terminator I saw was Salvation and that was garbage, and I never heard anything about the ones since that implied it had changed.

I asked in the Cinema forum if I should bother with any terminator after 2 and the resounding response was no

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Hard to imagine the insane pettiness that leads to decisions like this. Like a video game is going to cause panic and not the virus spreading through your country like wildfire.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

well, at least it'll be the most action packed shark jumping

https://www.siliconera.com/platinumgames-new-studio-will-work-on-service-games-for-consoles/

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I will see the sonic movie.
I also want to see the detective pikachu movie. And uncut gems. And terminator dark fate. I have been lagging!

I get paid in two days, so I might have to put a little into the film side of VGlife.

Also watch The Raid, it's on Netflix UK and is absurdly good. A few years old at this point but I'm continually surprised how many people I know haven't even heard of it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
^^^Seconding to watch The Raid. I don't even really like movies as a medium and action movies are the most boring of all to watch imo, but The Raid is so loving good despite any of that.

bushisms.txt posted:

The messiah's triumphant return

there's something really unsettling and hosed-up about the idea of Jesus on a horse.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 27, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm sorry everyone... I played Plague Inc so good that I accidentally infected the real world

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

Was Dark Fate actually good? The last terminator I saw was Salvation and that was garbage, and I never heard anything about the ones since that implied it had changed.

It's not a must-see like the first two but IMO it's undeniably the best one post-two and is a pretty solid action flick. You also don't need to know anything outside of T2 for it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm sorry everyone... I played Plague Inc so good that I accidentally infected the real world

Pandemic Legacy really took season 3 too far.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't remember if it was the developers or some random goon who said it but I liked the idea that the colour fading as you get shot in Uncharted is just Drake's luck running out until a bullet finally gets him

but the visual indicators like that shooters use to indicate losing health in games with regenerating health are also kind of annoying so maybe it's actually bad

Screw that poo poo. Health bars are still the best and devs that dont use them are the worst.

MGSV for example had that annoying film burn effect but thankfully Death Stranding has a health bar and health (blood) packs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

there's something really unsettling and hosed-up about the idea of Jesus on a horse.

Why's that?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

what are you playing next

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

everyone knows he was an rear end man

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Plz play hearts of iron 4 and make Canada and the US communist, ty!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought jesus traditionally rode a pogo stick

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Horses were also prevalent in the region. His usual portrayal of riding an rear end is likely due to the literary / class significance but it's likely he also rode horses around

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i didn't say he rode donkeys i said he was an rear end man

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

what are you playing next

hmm the entire resident evil series why

Weedle
May 31, 2006

jesus traditionally rode dick

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

al-azad posted:

AI was such a weird rear end experience to me because I unknowingly went down the entire “true” ending path from the beginning, the one that completely breaks with the mystery and other characters and becomes increasingly gonzo. I still enjoyed it at the end but I wonder how many people were in a similar position and fell off after 8 hours of batshit insanity that ends on a sad note that makes no sense without context.

The game locked both the annihilation ending branch and true ending branch for me until I had completed the side endings, I'm not sure how it was possible for you to rush the true ending

The true ending also doesn't end on a sad note so idk about this entire post I guess

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/1232854285005791236?s=20

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Khanstant posted:

:eng101: Depending on who you ask, that's not technically Jesus. The Messiah is supposed to come back a warrior, but Jesus riding through Jerusalem on a donkey was supposed to be a realization of that. But his MURDERERS think the Messiah is still coming to slay all the anti semites.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 27, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

The game locked both the annihilation ending branch and true ending branch for me until I had completed the side endings, I'm not sure how it was possible for you to rush the true ending

The true ending also doesn't end on a sad note so idk about this entire post I guess

Maybe they consider the true ending to be the one where you run off with the receptionist

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bunny zapdos

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Convex posted:

Also watch The Raid, it's on Netflix UK and is absurdly good. A few years old at this point but I'm continually surprised how many people I know haven't even heard of it

Khanstant posted:

^^^Seconding to watch The Raid. I don't even really like movies as a medium and action movies are the most boring of all to watch imo, but The Raid is so loving good despite any of that.

Thirding and also an additional suggestion to watch the sequel to it, Raid: Berendal. It's the movie the director wanted the first to be but he didn't have the budget for. It's superb.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 27, 2020

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The Raid 2 is probably the best martial-arts action movie of the 21st century

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Then watch Karl Urban's Dredd for the full circle

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Then watch Karl Urban's Dredd

...and then Attack the Block for the tower trilogy (and a fairly light-hearted way to round out the evening)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Weedle posted:

The Raid 2 is probably the best martial-arts action movie of the 21st century

:hmmyes:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw someone mentioned Uncharted so quick reminder that the enemies are not bullet sponges, all unarmored non-magical enemies die to a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire center mass at medium range

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh wow this isn't the PS4 thread

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean, it can be

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
PS5 is apparently gonna be backwards compatible with almost all PS4 games so that's neat

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ah I have already seen Dredd and Attack the Block. Both at the cinema and Dredd in 3D. Dredd is one of the best movies!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VideoGames posted:

Ah I have already seen Dredd and Attack the Block. Both at the cinema and Dredd in 3D. Dredd is one of the best movies!

Yeah.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you From Software for releasing Bloodborne: Scholar Of The First Sin on PS5 at 60fps 4k. Sony promised the PS5 could do it so you're gonna do it right?? Right????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bloobrone pc when