Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tetracube posted:

Why is this trending now specifically, did she do something especially heinous

The Native thing is back in the news in a big way, and at her townhall she went full mask off on her contested convention strategy (while being super disingenuous about Bernie)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Tetracube posted:

i've seen a lot of talk about the cherokee letter and her response, but i can't say that's the origin

likely its just cuz she sucks and she's now ironically running a toxic, spite campaign; constantly swiping at allfather bernie. so people are fed up with her

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tetracube posted:

Nothing we didn't already know about. It's about her doubling down on her superdelegate thing.

It's honestly kinda dumb if you ask me, she's not even up for reelection until 2024. Her losing this presidential election would be quite enough. If someone better puts together a competent campaign that year I'm on board, but that applies to literally every politician.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Tetracube posted:

I don't know, but

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1232869787346358272

is the most recent thing she said, plus there was the letter from 200 Cherokee tribe members

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"I promised some children I wouldn't give up, even if me not giving up caused a contested convention" is some Clinton-rear end poo poo

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I get the feeling this is like 10 tweets saying ‘primary liz warren!’ and 21,190 responses exuding powerful HOW DARE YOU energy.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Yang were thinking about it, but: Does the paywalled article give any indication that there's any more to it than Bloomberg's people loudly "considering" someone for VP and getting a favorable outlet to repeat the story?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

online poll?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:derp:

:derp:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

eviltastic posted:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Yang were thinking about it, but: Does the paywalled article give any indication that there's any more to it than Bloomberg's people loudly "considering" someone for VP and getting a favorable outlet to repeat the story?

Yeah he already did this over Clinton and a couple other no-hopers IIRC

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/1233062896650932227

this country I swear to god

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

loquacius posted:

"I promised some children I wouldn't give up, even if me not giving up caused a contested convention" is some Clinton-rear end poo poo

it's pretty gross

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

RottenK posted:

online poll?

My understanding is online polls have been doing better than telephone polls.

There is a critical mass of people who do surveys for a couple of bucks, particularly with the saturation of smart phones. Online is fairly representative of the general population now.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

This kind of base appeal could stand to be taken so much further

"I am proud to openly announce that I will do whatever it takes to rig the primary election for all the little girls out there, who would be disappointed at not seeing the first woman president. Women can do anything, including taking billionaire money, stuffing ballot boxes, collaborating to restrict early voting, purging voter rolls, and raising the dead to vote. Ratfucking the democratic process wherever and whenever we can is worth it to avoid the disappointment on their faces when the candidate who said a woman will never be president is inaugurated."

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 20:59 on Feb 27, 2020

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Presenting Nipples posted:

Biden needs to crack 30% for it to even be a boost and I think it is questionable that will happen.

Biden, more than anyone else, is playing the expectation game in South Carolina. He's basically staked his entire campaign on winning there, so I look at the outcomes as something like this:

Biden wins big (can't quantify "big", but we'll know it when we see it): Might be enough to drive out Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and maybe even Warren, he goes on to win a couple states on Super Tuesday but still probably not enough to make him competitive nationwide.

Biden narrowly wins (same caveat): Nothing changes, he limps into Super Tuesday, probably doesn't win more than another state or two, if any.

Biden loses (any margin): All support evaporates and he wins zero states on Super Tuesday.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Warren's shift from plans to girl power has really been something.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

wow you mean to tell me interstate highways are typically built near population centers holy poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/alexkotch/status/1233110852754198528

this is ok because sunrise movement

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/IFNAlphaMale/status/1233106882518110208?s=20

lol

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

These things are often scripted, btw. Jeff Goldblum and Conan O'Brien had the exact same conversation about electric razors like 20 years apart.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Warren's shift from plans to girl power has really been something.

it's cool how the exact same staffers keep trying to pitch going full idpol to women candidates and having it completely fail because it's not at all in line with their political history prior and just comes off fake as gently caress

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Sorry, but I plan to entirely self destruct if Bernie doesn't win all 50 states. I swear, having to tie and untie that noose over and over when the Iowa results kept changing drove me crazy. It's almost enough to make you want to kill yourself!

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Azathoth posted:

Biden, more than anyone else, is playing the expectation game in South Carolina. He's basically staked his entire campaign on winning there, so I look at the outcomes as something like this:

Biden wins big (can't quantify "big", but we'll know it when we see it): Might be enough to drive out Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and maybe even Warren, he goes on to win a couple states on Super Tuesday but still probably not enough to make him competitive nationwide.

Biden narrowly wins (same caveat): Nothing changes, he limps into Super Tuesday, probably doesn't win more than another state or two, if any.

Biden loses (any margin): All support evaporates and he wins zero states on Super Tuesday.

I agree with this. Biden is still the biggest threat to Bernie which is why the result is important. A loss for Biden will basically end his campaign.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Here's the breakdown of that Florida poll.

The race/age is definitely not representative of wider FL demographics - I don't know if it does accurately reflect registered dems but I'd suspect not. I feel their turnout model is pretty old based on the age distribution.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Warren and Klobuchar have started running Tennessee ads in the past week, with Warren advertising that Obama worked with her on the CFPB. Bernie Sanders' latest ad here concentrates on expanding Social Security.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i can’t wait for the meltdowns tuesday night if (when) bernie wins MA

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

The race/age is definitely not representative of wider FL demographics - I don't know if it does accurately reflect registered dems but I'd suspect not. I feel their turnout model is pretty old based on the age distribution.

good to see we've reached the "unskewing polls" stage of grief

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

funny how the people who were loudly shouting about “unity” are now doing everything in their power to make sure the primary is as long, grueling, and divisive as possible

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

good to see we've reached the "unskewing polls" stage of grief

we’ve been looking at demos for polls since Iowa

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

polls aren't real

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Augus posted:

funny how the people who were loudly shouting about “unity” are now doing everything in their power to make sure the primary is as long, grueling, and divisive as possible

No, no, see it's Bernie who is being divisive by winning.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Augus posted:

democrats are hypocritical pieces of poo poo

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

guidoanselmi posted:

florida is bad and AFAIK a lot of the politically engaged hispanic voters are gusanos or their spawn with similar politics, bernie isn't winning florida

i think there's a difference between pointing out that an outlier poll only asked 100+ year old whites with landlines and straight up poll unskewing, lets not do the latter its dumb and sad

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i wish i could come out of a hole disheveled and stupid and looking like a scared small nocturnal primate while saying "flu vaccines need to be affordable! (to some)"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Honestly though, I do agree that we're probably in pretty good shape overall. SC is probably Biden's strongest state, but Super Tuesday looks great. We're probably headed to a contested convention but knees are starting to bend and I don't think there are enough holdouts with the spines to actually ratfuck someone with a major plurality. We'll probably get stuck with a shitass VP in the negotiation though.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
imagine having to come up after donald trump on an open mic comedy night, thats what nancy pelosi does every time she talks on the media

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Florida is like 90% New England chud retirees now

It’s unlikely any democrat wins Florida

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Muppets On PCP posted:

wow you mean to tell me interstate highways are typically built near population centers holy poo poo

my linguistic killshot is revealing that Paul Ryan was from the interstate highway stopover known as Janesville

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
"What's the deal with Immigrants? What're they granting us? I mean, we're giving them jobs. If anything we should be the immigrants. Is this thing on? Boy, tough crowd."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I like the difference in the commercials candidates have put out

Klobb- I'm effective, vote for me
Steyer- Trump is dangerous, and I'm the most likely to take him out
Sanders- Our movement will change america
Bloomberg- Actually I happen to respect women very much. See, here's some women who get their paycheck from me who think I'm nice to women.