Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Fun Times! posted:

Actually thankful the 20 minute of gameplay from pax video is too loud and weird to watch. Couldn't think of a more "wrong" way to play than tethered to random idiots at a game con. Told myself I wouldn't watch any spoiler stuff but I've been eating up details ever since they started revealing.

I just turned the sound off and watched it that way. Ended up just getting frustrated at the person telling them what to do every step of the way and waving her hands in front of the screen, and the person playing that was just running around aimlessly and not doing a single important thing, like talking to the villagers or going around and shaking trees to see if furniture drops. Where's the video of the Animal Crossing veteran who actually shows off how the game is supposed to be played? Give me that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Very important question: How long can island names be?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

phourniner posted:

Where's the video of the Animal Crossing veteran who actually shows off how the game is supposed to be played? Give me that.

I'm interested in what min-maxing looks like in AC. Like, the most efficient tree placement or which neighbors need to be assassinated with the hidden bug net I may have my AC's confused again

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GoodBee posted:

I'm disappointed.

I think you can toggle back and forth in Pocket Camp? I don't remember what it does though, maybe someone will check. Are there different options? If so, it could lock you out of certain combinations of options.

Pocket Camp lets you change your gender at any time, however gender controls what hair and face options you can use. Clothing is not gender-restricted, however.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Official video of the PAX booth with some game footage.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1233149843540869121?s=19

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Color Printer posted:

Looks like this does have a gender option but (a) it does say "setting" with no mention of "gender" anywhere (b) you can still probably change it at any time, so

Also it doesn't seem to be available at the very beginning

https://twitter.com/AC_Isabelle/status/1232596398396379136?s=20

So I wonder what's up with that?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Protip posted:

Official video of the PAX booth with some game footage.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1233149843540869121?s=19

Isabelle got that 5:00 lean going

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also it doesn't seem to be available at the very beginning

https://twitter.com/AC_Isabelle/status/1232596398396379136?s=20

So I wonder what's up with that?

Considering it's lumped in with face paint and that tab isn't even visible there, nor is the gender option in any of those other tabs

Yeah that's kinda weird

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

From the GameXplain footage (god this is so hard to watch, I have to mute this) it looks like getting enough Nook Miles unlocks Nook Miles+, which is basically like a daily quest thing. So there's that answered. Neat

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Color Printer posted:

From the GameXplain footage (god this is so hard to watch, I have to mute this) it looks like getting enough Nook Miles unlocks Nook Miles+, which is basically like a daily quest thing. So there's that answered. Neat

I've timed myself out since the giant info dump today (not for fear of spoilers or anything, I just don't want to turn 3 weeks of waiting into 3 years) but poo poo the museum looks great, and Blathers sleepin'

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

To be honest I'm more happy that you can have a different eye color right away. I was always mildly annoyed when I had to spend weeks with brown eyes on my villager before I could change it to blue.

E: Top down Camera is usable in solo mode
https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233108284841844736

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 28, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

To be honest I'm more happy that you can have a different eye color right away. I was always mildly annoyed when I had to spend weeks with brown eyes on my villager before I could change it to blue.

E: Top down Camera is usable in solo mode
https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233108284841844736

Neat! This'll probably make it a lot easier to do decoration outside. Getting a better view of the surroundings from above and such.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1233210727890145280

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I mean if you have a better idea for how to make an Orange Clock I'd like to hear it

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

That's sick. Will make it easier to get full sets.

Also, top down view in solo will make fishing easier!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

I mean if you have a better idea for how to make an Orange Clock I'd like to hear it

Hell, we've already seen the frog chair. If anything, this is a step backward.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looks like you can request Blathers to uh...blather.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Starting to think there's no art to collect and donate. That's honestly fine. Even ignoring the possibility of forgeries, collecting them was always a huge pain in the rear end.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I hope someone makes a custom design of the fingerguns samurai.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Color Printer posted:

Starting to think there's no art to collect and donate. That's honestly fine. Even ignoring the possibility of forgeries, collecting them was always a huge pain in the rear end.

If this is the case that's a small bummer IMO. I never cared very much about the art gallery, but at the same time I think it'd be a shame if it was gone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The art gallery, except the art is user submitted custom designs.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

So drawings of penises?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Looks like you can request Blathers to uh...blather.

I'm genuinely extremely happy that this feature is back.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1233257090065588224

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/ammnontet/status/1233131149980921857

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

As horrible as it might sound out of context I really like when we get footage of when an Island has been customized to the point you can't even recognize how it looked on day 1. Like by the end of the ad you see a player-made fairground that wouldn't look out of place in any of the old games. Like you'll still be able to come up with ideas for towns that you wouldn't even guess originated on an island landscape.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I doubt it made the cut but I would like to see the custom exhibit rooms make a return. They were fun to make.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I think at the end I see a few patterns with transparency. Still got my fingers crossed for that being added.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The most gay content Nintendo is ever going to give me ~sigh

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

rhoga posted:

I think at the end I see a few patterns with transparency. Still got my fingers crossed for that being added.

Pro (?) pattern editor lookin so sweeeeet. In my dreams you should be able to edit multiple patterns at once to make a 2x2/3x3/4x4 tile too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

rhoga posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233264597467123712

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man, transparent patterns on the ground means there is going to be some loving wild paths and ground art in this game.

If you thought the custom design towns were impressive before, between furniture outside, terraforming and this, there is going to be some maddening stuff done this go around.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Animal Crossing: Lesbian Friendship Simulator

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Animal Crossing makes sense assuming all the villagers are trust fund kids.

The Fyre Festival jokes write themselves.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Shoehead posted:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Shoehead posted:

*Gestures vaguely in the direction of Fire Emblem: Three Houses*

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Really surprised at the lack of a themed switch lite.

Related Q: My wife wants to get a dedicated switch lite so she can play whenever. Can the same copy/island/save game also be played on our regular switch so she can play on the TV occasionally as well.. and if yes, how much of a pain in the rear end is it to do? I've tried to read up on this myself but the answers are confusing the hell out of me.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Nope. The town resides on one Switch and can't be transferred--short of, I assume--a complete system transfer.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Do we have any idea what the Pocket Camp rewards are going to look like? I re-downloaded that pos specifically for the free poo poo and I really don't want to have it on my phone any longer than is necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Argue posted:

Nope. The town resides on one Switch and can't be transferred--short of, I assume--a complete system transfer.

Thanks. That makes life easier (for me anyway). She'll just have to decide. Given the absurd amount of hours she's put into every previous iteration I'm pretty sure she'll need a dedicated one.