Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

That's the strap for holding it on, its just unfastened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m having trouble finding a specific murderer. A guy lured a young couple to a park where he was going to pay to have sex with the girlfriend, then shot the boyfriend in the head and kidnapped the girl. I think he kept her in a dog cage for a few days before strangling her with some sort of device that lifted her off the floor. The cops arrived a day or more after it and when the suspect fled with her body in the trunk of his car, the guy sped away from them, crashed, and shot himself.

There where videos of the guy pacing back and forth in his house in the room with the cage from before the murders, and video of the chase and crash. There were also tons of pictures of his house which were absolutely disgusting and it was covered with liquor bottles, swords, guns and ammo etc just everywhere

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

ShootaBoy posted:

That's the strap for holding it on, its just unfastened.

Oh good, that's... marginally less disturbing.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’m having trouble finding a specific murderer. A guy lured a young couple to a park where he was going to pay to have sex with the girlfriend, then shot the boyfriend in the head and kidnapped the girl. I think he kept her in a dog cage for a few days before strangling her with some sort of device that lifted her off the floor. The cops arrived a day or more after it and when the suspect fled with her body in the trunk of his car, the guy sped away from them, crashed, and shot himself.

There where videos of the guy pacing back and forth in his house in the room with the cage from before the murders, and video of the chase and crash. There were also tons of pictures of his house which were absolutely disgusting and it was covered with liquor bottles, swords, guns and ammo etc just everywhere

the fact that you have all these precise details and yet cannot find this specific murderer makes me wonder how many times this scenario has independently played out

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pastry of the Year posted:

the fact that you have all these precise details and yet cannot find this specific murderer makes me wonder how many times this scenario has independently played out

you honestly do not want to know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*"Tale as Old as Time" from Beauty and the Beast begins to be sung by a chorus of empty liquor bottles and flea market katanas

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

*"Tale as Old as Time" from Beauty and the Beast begins to be sung by a chorus of empty liquor bottles and flea market katanas

:lmao:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Telsa Cola posted:

Oh hey yeah thats the cave I was gonna work in. Seen that individual three times so far in various trips. Its actually likely a male, and the skull got hosed because some photographer dropped their lens on it which is one of the reasons why theres no cameras allowed in the cave.
This was a bad place for me to read this phrase literally just fyi

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Aesop Poprock posted:

I found it, I think, and warning: it's loving grim. She was 8 months pregnant and he tortured her to death over 5 days.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/police-chief-records-shed-light-on-gruesome-horrific-murders-in-wyoming-two-years-ago/347351397

Tip: I found this by imagining the headlines that would be written in such a case and searching for those. In this case it was "Killer crashes car with body in trunk."

Edited to remove link that had unrelated headline. If you want more info, google Brooke Slocum, the name of the murdered woman. She was only 18 years old.

pookel has a new favorite as of 15:43 on Feb 27, 2020

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

pookel posted:

This was a bad place for me to read this phrase literally just fyi

Ah, yeah, fixed that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pookel posted:

I found it, I think, and warning: it's loving grim. She was 8 months pregnant and he tortured her to death over 5 days.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/police-chief-records-shed-light-on-gruesome-horrific-murders-in-wyoming-two-years-ago/347351397

Tip: I found this by imagining the headlines that would be written in such a case and searching for those. In this case it was "Killer crashes car with body in trunk."

Edited to remove link that had unrelated headline. If you want more info, google Brooke Slocum, the name of the murdered woman. She was only 18 years old.

Thanks. It was driving me crazy. It’s one of those creepier ones to me for a bunch of reasons, but I mostly remember how utterly disgusting and covered with weapons his house was

And yeah I gave up after my search results was pages of looking for incredibly specific details without luck which probably would’ve made me look like the killer if he wasn’t already dead

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

So I guess I'm among the minority here, but I love me some spooky caving stories, especially cave dives. If that's what you like, I have two nicely written long-from articles for ya!

Spoiler/content warning: someone dies in both stories. If that bothers you, then stay away.

Five guys try to navigate a cave dive passage, and it does not go well.
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36097300

Dave goes cave diving in one of his favorite spots, and GAHHH finds a body. He decides to bring to body back to the family. This also does not go well.
https://www.outsideonline.com/1922711/raising-dead

There's another one I stumbled upon where no one dies, but the sheer stupidity of it gets me all :psyduck:. A group of college students from various uni caving clubs in the UK get together and explore a cave, which has been sealed by officials but could be accessed if you were a club or such that proved you knew what you were doing. They get clearance and go on their little day-trip jaunt.

Guy gets separated from group. Group leaves, not noticing that guy is left behind. He gets to the entrance, alone, only to find that not only has the group forgotten about him, but re-sealed the cave by padlocking the metal grate that seals the cave opening. So he's not under immediate threat of flooding, or Co2 poisoning, but just... they all forgot about him. WTF, do you not do a basic headcount?

I had fifty kajillion tabs open at the time and now can't find the story to give y'all a link. Anyone know the name of the story?

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
I guess I could mention Ted's Caving Page now. Does it still exist?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It does, at least through people who saved the whole thing word for word. It’s demonstrably fiction though which isn’t really what the thread is about

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I got curious and it looks like the old Angelfire page is still up. I remember reading that something like 15 years ago. Know Your Meme says it was put online in March of 2001, which is just insane to me.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Aesop Poprock posted:

It does, at least through people who saved the whole thing word for word. It’s demonstrably fiction though which isn’t really what the thread is about

The story behind it is fiction yeah (still entertaining though), but poo poo like this is real and very unnerving!

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ted the Caver was A+ early web horror. Very well done.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Can someone drop like, a spoilerific summary of it all? I've seen it for years but never commited because of the size. Spoil all you want, I just want an idea wtf at this point.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShootaBoy posted:

Can someone drop like, a spoilerific summary of it all? I've seen it for years but never commited because of the size. Spoil all you want, I just want an idea wtf at this point.

guy finds bit in a cave that is a small hole and cannot go through. decide to, with friend, widen the hole so they can eventually explore the unexplored section of cave. They work at it, expand hole, and do a couple of quick explorations of the new section. Strange feelings happen, weird stuff, friend sees something in the hole and refuses to repeat what it was. caver goes home, is essentially now fully obsessed with what it may be. it's giving him nightmares, anxiety, he feels a pull to go explore and find out what's in there. Posts a final update going "I've decided, I'm going there. I'll report back when it's over"

you click the "next page" button

404 page not found.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Tashilicious posted:

Ted the Caver was A+ early web horror. Very well done.

I remember reading about it at the same time as this story about a weird supernatural house?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

xtal posted:

I remember reading about it at the same time as this story about a weird supernatural house?

The Dionaea House.

Also fiction so not really suited for the thread, but one of my all-time favorite creepypastas.

E: To keep on track tho, here’s an ongoing creepy story happening in my part of the country. 15-month-old goes missing the day after Christmas. She isn’t reported missing until just this month. First grandmother and grandmother’s boyfriend are arrested in connection with the case, then mother is also arrested for making false claims to police. Authorities search a pond for her body but results are inconclusive.

Timeline of the case

VVVVV Sorry, Solice. I realized adding to the creepypasta derail was probably a bad idea and I was in the process of constructing my unnerving missing-baby edit just as you posted that. VVVVV

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 16:31 on Feb 28, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really like talking about those creepy fake stories, but once people start posting them we'll eventually get 5 pages of everyone talking about their dreams and stuff.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Solice Kirsk posted:

I really like talking about those creepy fake stories, but once people start posting them we'll eventually get 5 pages of everyone talking about their dreams and stuff.

Haha dreams aren't unnerving

Now let's talk about SLEEP PARALYSIS

*closes door on way out*

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Instead of dreams, let's get back to talking about fatal familial insomnia

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Was reading this one and it mentioned a documentary, turns out it's available on Amazon Prime. It's called Diving Into the Unknown.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
https://www.thecut.com/2020/02/larry-ray-sarah-lawrence-students.html

Guy moves into his daughter's dorm and slowly takes over their lives. This article prompted an investigation, which led to:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/02/larry-ray-sarah-lawrence-kids-update.html
https://www.thecut.com/2020/02/sarah-lawrence-sex-cult-dad-lawrence-v-ray-charged.html
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/02/larry-ray-arrest-brings-relief-to-alleged-victims-families.html

The first article is long and, since it's happening right now, the conclusions are still up in the air.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Was reading this one and it mentioned a documentary, turns out it's available on Amazon Prime. It's called Diving Into the Unknown.

So I tried to watch this but it’s in German and the only subtitles available are also in German... :shrug:

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Weird enough story about a guy making a fake dating profile and directing men to a random house, but, uh, they definitely buried the lede here.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/montg...impression=true

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

The Dionaea House.

Also fiction so not really suited for the thread, but one of my all-time favorite creepypastas.

E: To keep on track tho, here’s an ongoing creepy story happening in my part of the country. 15-month-old goes missing the day after Christmas. She isn’t reported missing until just this month. First grandmother and grandmother’s boyfriend are arrested in connection with the case, then mother is also arrested for making false claims to police. Authorities search a pond for her body but results are inconclusive.

Timeline of the case

VVVVV Sorry, Solice. I realized adding to the creepypasta derail was probably a bad idea and I was in the process of constructing my unnerving missing-baby edit just as you posted that. VVVVV

dionea house was written by eric heisserer. he is the guy who, among other things, wrote the screenplay for Arrival

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
What this thread needs is even more claustrophobia
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicago.com/amp/5973320
The thought of him being able to hear her, close enough to free him in an instant, while he slowly suffocates is dreadful.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sarcopenia posted:

The thought of him being able to hear her, close enough to free him in an instant, while he slowly suffocates is dreadful.

Recording your murder and just leaving the video around for the cops to find is not the smartest way to get away with your crime.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Sarcopenia posted:

Sorry if this is a derail but lol wtf is up with that video? "Let's put some stock EDM and captions over some footage and call it a day". Jeebus, if that's all it takes to get a paycheck in the news these days, sign me up!

The story itself is indeed unnerving, but that video just has me chuckling here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

So I guess I'm among the minority here, but I love me some spooky caving stories, especially cave dives. If that's what you like, I have two nicely written long-from articles for ya!

Spoiler/content warning: someone dies in both stories. If that bothers you, then stay away.

Dave goes cave diving in one of his favorite spots, and GAHHH finds a body. He decides to bring to body back to the family. This also does not go well.
https://www.outsideonline.com/1922711/raising-dead

I think if you do this stuff you should sign a form that your body can be left wherever the gently caress

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

"Let's put some stock EDM and captions over some footage and call it a day".
I stopped watching the videos on news sites because they're almost always like that.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bonster posted:

https://www.thecut.com/2020/02/larry-ray-sarah-lawrence-students.html

Guy moves into his daughter's dorm and slowly takes over their lives.
holy yikes, pro click

also lol

quote:

“I didn’t want to go back home, and this was my alternative,” Daniel says. “Part of why I got in a cult at all was because I had no idea how one finds a place to live in New York.”

quote:

The meetings would often end in “breakthroughs” that followed a disturbing dream logic. On one occasion, Larry convinced Daniel that the reason he played the ukulele was because of trauma inflicted on him by his father. Larry told Daniel to smash the instrument in front of the group as an act of catharsis. When he did, the group applauded Daniel for achieving “closure.”

hallelujah has a new favorite as of 08:07 on Mar 1, 2020

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

They really just hated Daniel's ukulele

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

source: http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2015-04-21-babies-feel-pain-adults

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

They do procedures on babies with no pain management at all because "they won't remember" or "they can't feel it".

Like circumcision.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I can sorta understand "they won't remember" as a justification if you're some kind of sociopath. If you think a baby doesn't feel pain then you should have your medical license revoked immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's gotta be other reasons besides "they won't remember." I'd assume babies are at a much higher risk when using anesthesia.