Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Good lord what a bunch of dummies in Bryan’s replies.

Whole lotta variations on this:
https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1233145162798374912?s=21

Also choice:
https://twitter.com/theroonmeister/status/1233146947042713606?s=21

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Incidentally the Its Still Real to Me Damnit guy has been spotted at AEW shows.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

:911:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

And both involved Saudi Arabia too.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jesus Christ

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Lamuella posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

:wow:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lamuella posted:

You've won the thread.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Lamuella posted:

A worthy successor to Jerusalem's Jeff Jarrett 9/11 post. I can no longer find it, but if you've seen it, you know the one.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's a funny post but I'm reminded that we're now getting a whole generation of grown adults with no memory of 9/11, and if you'll excuse me I need to go lie down for a while to rest my tired creaky bones

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Some of you didn’t see the challenger explode and it shows

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

coconono posted:

I missed that one but I was watching when the Columbia went up.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

coconono posted:

i saw itin GLOW

completely tangential to the main thrust of the thread: wrestling is less popular yet more mainstream than ever. there is an upcoming major animated feature and critically acclaimed netflix show both built around it. popular show "the good place" has a lot of SCSA references and even a direct allusion to a specific famous scene. idk what my point is i guess a lot of attitude era fans are producers now

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I remember when 9/11 happened and my principal came to each student (small school) and talked to us all about how she felt when Pearl Harbor was attacked. Sadly no one did this for when Hulk Hogan turned on WCW.

e: oh no i went new tall avatar to deal with gangtag breaking my old avatar and i hosed something up.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

TTBF posted:

I remember when 9/11 happened and my principal came to each student (small school) and talked to us all about how she felt when Pearl Harbor was attacked. Sadly no one did this for when Hulk Hogan turned on WCW.

e: oh no i went new tall avatar to deal with gangtag breaking my old avatar and i hosed something up.

you need to animate your av halves so they only sometimes sync up for maximum jank

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Benne posted:

It's a funny post but I'm reminded that we're now getting a whole generation of grown adults with no memory of 9/11, and if you'll excuse me I need to go lie down for a while to rest my tired creaky bones

*tapping head* Can't forget 9/11 if you never remembered it in the first place.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
So I'm not sure if this counts as a stupid wrestling fan opinion, but Brimstone is somehow a guest at the Greater Philly Comic Con. I took a quick look at his bio, and while everyone else's is rather short, his is something else:

https://www.philadelphiacomiccon.com/project/brimstone/

quote:

He’s been called a Renaissance man by many, but more accurately described as a well seasoned entertainer and serial entertainment entrepreneur.

quote:

He has been featured in Wall Street Journal Best Selling books The Bra Book and Worth Every Penny as well as internationally recognized magazines including Maxim.

quote:

Aside from accommodating promoters nationwide by hosting his own panels – Brimstone’s charm, wit, and ability to engage large crowds has led him to adding the roles of celebrity host, judge, and moderator to his already massive resume.

quote:

On top of his grueling schedule, he selflessly acts as a celebrity spokesperson for the Stan Lee Foundation, Jaime Isaacs Foundation, and RADD (Rockers Actors and Athletes against Driving Drunk).

quote:

Brim claims that the cherry on top of his successes is the signature drink “The Brimstone Red” created for him by the Jack Daniel’s Distillery, the use of Brimstone related product on The Big Bang Theory – seasons 7 through 12, his hand in wax on display at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not Wax Museum in San Antonio Texas, recognition of his philanthropy on MSNBC

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/lordbeef/status/1233205767517270016?s=20

https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/1233215065106468865?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 28, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

syzpid posted:

So I'm not sure if this counts as a stupid wrestling fan opinion, but Brimstone is somehow a guest at the Greater Philly Comic Con. I took a quick look at his bio, and while everyone else's is rather short, his is something else:

His Wikipedia page was a work of art

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This has to be the greatest day of Frank Smith's life :allears:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Goddamn I miss that Brimstone wiki page. It was longer than Triple H's.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TTBF posted:

I remember when 9/11 happened and my principal came to each student (small school) and talked to us all about how she felt when Pearl Harbor was attacked. Sadly no one did this for when Hulk Hogan turned on WCW

I was on the West Coast and it happened between 5-7 AM our time, when we were just getting to school and smartphones didn't exist yet, so we were pretty much in the dark until they made a PA announcement during 2nd period. They kept school open but everyone, including the teachers, just spent the rest of the day in a zombie-like state, and while I don't recall any fiery hot takes, there was a real feeling that World War 3 just started.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike is on fire lately.

https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1233206708643794946

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Good lord what a bunch of dummies in Bryan’s replies.

Whole lotta variations on this:
https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1233145162798374912?s=21

Also choice:
https://twitter.com/theroonmeister/status/1233146947042713606?s=21

And with that, a mighty cheer went up from the heroes of NXT. They had banished the awful demographics forever, because they were haunted.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That guy is super truculent for a dude who also meekly goes all cop respecter to any actual wrestler he's tweeting at

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's literally the least surprising thing this dude's an investor in the company and proudly mentions as much in his bio

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Debate me please!"

*0 engagement*

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Obviously, everyone knows that they cannot argue his very valid point.

*fart*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PLEASE GOD SOMEBODY INTERACT WITH ME

How excited would this guy be if he knew we were all watching him?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

syzpid posted:

Have I talked about my interactions with Brimstone on here before? I can't remember.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

It's literally the least surprising thing this dude's an investor in the company and proudly mentions as much in his bio

It’s either a bit or a lifetime of unfiltered tap water.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

davidbix posted:

Have I talked about my interactions with Brimstone on here before? I can't remember.

Even if you have, please recap

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Who's Brimstone?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

ShootaBoy posted:

Who's Brimstone?
Someone else answer this first.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

davidbix posted:

Someone else answer this first.

he's the wrestling version of this guy apparently.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ShootaBoy posted:

Who's Brimstone?
https://web.archive.org/web/20090414211143/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_%28wrestler%29

Just catch up on some light reading.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Please tell me the Brimstone and the borderhounds comic is about him protecting america's borders from illegals with pro wrestling.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

So around...I dunno, 2002, I guess? I somehow found out that there was a wrestling school on Long Island (Hicksville, in particular) called Critical Mass Wrestling. NYWC was somehow involved but I think kind of a different thing? (At the time, IIRC, Critical Mass was the school and NYWC the promotion...maybe?) Anyway, as far as I know, Mike Mondo is the only guy of any note that came out of there. At some point, NYWC separated from it and became a Mikey Whipwreck thing and I'm not really sure how that happened.

Anyway, Brimstone was the head trainer at the time. I had...I wouldn't say delusions about becoming a wrestler, because it definitely wasn't that, but found myself interested enough in hanger-on bullshit that I sought him out on AOL instant messenger. He honestly didn't have nearly the delusions of grandeur you'd expect from reading his weird self-aggrandizements, but...he also thought he came from some awesome training lineage. See, he and the other core guys had been trained by a guy named "The Original" Gino Caruso. Except he spelled it with some different permutation of R's and S's from the more well-known veteran northeast indie worker who runs ECPW. And it was never clear if "The Original" was just a random nickname or if he was saying he predated "Mr. Italy" Gino Caruso as far as being a northeast indie wrestler named Gino Caruso.

So the Critical Mass website would refer to Caruso as "Super Calo from WCW." Calo hadn't lost his mask yet, but it was not remotely a secret that he was the son of Bello Greco and older brother of Alan Stone and Chris Stone/Moto Cross. And I was like uh, what? As Brimstone explained it, Calo had decided to double book himself all the time in Mexico, and Caruso was who he drafted to replace him for WCW TV bookings. And you could tell which was which by the kneepad color. Yeah. According to someone who was around the Long Island scene at the time that I just asked, he was literally just some random friend of Brimstone. One day, Brimstone, who had actually (very briefly) trained at the LIWF Doughouse, just...decided to say that this dude trained him. And was Super Calo.

Caruso ended up teaching at Team 3D Academy at one point, so whoever the hell he was, he must have somehow become a decent wrestling trainer to snow them, I guess? Even if that school did not exactly have the most consistently good results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I read that wayback page and that story and somehow I feel like I understand even less than I did when I had no idea who this person was.