Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
poo poo! And here I was composing a post about fleeing to Quebec and hiding out in some small french village until this whole thing blows over. Coronavirus will just get confused by all the mangled French and leave, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minema
May 31, 2011
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51667483

quote:

Meanwhile, the Cabinet Office has been in communication with local authorities about their "mass death preparedness", BBC Newsnight understands.

Councils are being asked about their plans to deal with pressures on public services if deaths from coronavirus are severe, including where they might locate new - perhaps mass - burial sites.

jfc

Also I'm meant to be going on my final placement as a respiratory physiotherapist at the end of March, this has better not delay my graduation.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Oh obviously when they said "mass death preparedness" they didn't mean that there will be a mass of deaths, just a lot of preparedness!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's just a flu guys it's all gonna blow over lol

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

They're still trying to determine whereabouts and contacts from the Montreal suspected case.
The person did not use public transports nor go to work.

Now they're saying the person flew in from Doha, Qatar?

e: They're saying we might not know for sure if they definitely have the virus until Sunday. I believe they're waiting on more test results.
The press conference out of the blue at 8pm is totally reassuring.

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 28, 2020

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
at 3k recovery per day 80k infection will be done within a month. prolly why tokyo closed schools for that long. idk if that stat map websites chart is believable but thats what it says

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

evilmiera posted:

Pretty impressive how the proper test for an unprepared administration was a pandemic rather than absolutely everything else they did wrong. And that the pandemic was the excuse the markets would have to finally collapse after almost three years of massive overpricing and ignoring of market realities.

it's almost as though someone completely dismantled all the non-terrorism emergency preparedness bodies in the executive branch, left various public health agencies critically underfunded, refused to appoint multiple cabinet-level and sub-cabinet positions, ignored the advice of the CDC, and delegated response authority to a bunch of dudes who are more concerned about public relations than limiting the spread of a likely pandemic

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Colonel Cancer posted:

poo poo! And here I was composing a post about fleeing to Quebec and hiding out in some small french village until this whole thing blows over. Coronavirus will just get confused by all the mangled French and leave, right?

come to PEI before we blow the bridge

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Real Hologram posted:

Y’all bean hoarders are scrub tier. We be stocking up on IOSAT

IOSAT - Pack of 3 by Iosat - Octobe 2024 Expiration Date or Later https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LMPIR06/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QsgwEbKEM6HCG
i pity you

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Thankfully one look at a poutine and the virus will flee back to whence it came.

Health minister currently reassuring the population by saying the coronavirus is essentially like the common cold, you run a bit of a fever, have a bit of respiratory problems then it's gone.

Thank god!

e: From 2 days ago, seven people being investigated for possible infection:
https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/seven-in-quebec-being-investigated-for-coronavirus-infection

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 28, 2020

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Are there any cases in South America or Africa yet

It might be time for a nice long tropical vacation

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
2019-nCoV has become 2019-nDoG

Dog Found to Have ‘Low Level’ of Coronavirus in Hong Kong

quote:

The pet dog of a coronavirus patient in Hong Kong has been found to have a “low level” of the virus, the Hong Kong government said early Friday.

The dog tested “weak positive” for the coronavirus, the city’s agricultural and fisheries department said in a statement, without giving further details. Officials will carry out further tests to confirm whether the dog has really been infected with the disease, or if it was a result of environmental contamination of its mouth and nose.

Much is still not known about the virus that is spreading around the world after emerging in central China late last year. It is thought to have transferred to humans from bats and has been shown to spread in a number of ways, but the Hong Kong agricultural department said it doesn’t have evidence that pet animals can be infected, or be a source of infection to people.

If confirmed, the dog would be the first case of a pet catching the coronavirus amid a global outbreak that’s now infected more than 82,000 people and claimed more than 2,800 lives.

The dog is being quarantined at an animal facility, the Hong Kong government said. The department strongly advised that pets of confirmed virus patients also be put under quarantine.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Well the virus has already jumped a couple of species to start infecting humans, they are speculating it may have started in bats and jumped to pangolins and then us.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

This owns, infect the planet!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Plus everyone keeps calling it CoRvid-19 so it's only a matter of time before the crows and ravens get involved and kill us all.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
they know who the bad people are hope you've lived your life responsibly

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Helith posted:

Plus everyone keeps calling it CoRvid-19 so it's only a matter of time before the crows and ravens get involved and kill us all.

we deserve it

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's just a flu guys it's all gonna blow over lol

pretty much

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1233208695099666433
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1233218304271167489
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1233220106324451328
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1233235705243013122

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 28, 2020

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Tokyo Disneyland closing for two weeks.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
you can't say what happened without the phrase the president tweeted. its over

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Invest everything in weed company stocks and beer companies. Business is booming for them I'm sure.

I'm scared, bros.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

weed is actually doing terribly because surprise, no one wants to buy primo weed or pay hefty tax on it

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
in CO all the weed tax money is funding for the infinite construction project racket we got going on forever

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Should I avoid going to the girlyfriend's roller derby and meet her parents who came back from taiwan recently?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Invest in crematoriums.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

dead prez posted:

in CO all the weed tax money is funding for the infinite construction project racket we got going on forever

And jails, schools, all that jazz.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Non Serviam posted:

First confirmed case in the Netherlands. A dude who had just returned from Italy.

Link?

nothing is going to stop me from going home but which city is it in?

edit: tilburg, that’s barely NL. pfffft.

Hyzenth1ay fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 28, 2020

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

And jails, schools, all that jazz.

theres actually part of the bill that forbids the profits from being used on schools. that was part of the argument for them trying to keep the state taxes last ballot season, to fix up schools because they couldnt with weed tax. they are greedy as gently caress. we should amend the weed bill to spend on schools i dont know why that wasn't obviously a thing from the start

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Helith posted:

Before they get involved? ...who do you think designed the virus!!!

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

dr_rat posted:

Before they get involved? ...who do you think designed the virus!!!

can we just call it crow flu

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

dead prez posted:

theres actually part of the bill that forbids the profits from being used on schools. that was part of the argument for them trying to keep the state taxes last ballot season, to fix up schools because they couldnt with weed tax. they are greedy as gently caress. we should amend the weed bill to spend on schools i dont know why that wasn't obviously a thing from the start

I'm probably remembering something about using weed tax money on rural schools, but I didn't hear the end of it so I assumed it was just going on like when Pueblo used a pile of weed tax money on refurbishing their jail, because locals don't want to build a new one and have shot it down in a county ballot vote.

Colorado is weird. We really should be dumping that money in the general fund but noooo, it's all special. Also the MED could use more enforcement and compliance people, because some of these grows are shadier than a thousand year old forest.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/AskAKorean/status/1233055308735557632
https://twitter.com/AskAKorean/status/1233056078730027010

thepaladin4488
Oct 28, 2010
More spreading! 1st case in NZ, traveller from Iran:
https://www.tvnz.co.nz/content/tvnz/onenews/story/2020/02/28/hold-hold-coronavirus.html

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Oh god, now where will the rich people go??

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Sneak Lemming posted:

can we just call it crow flu

The crow virus causes the wuflu

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

The Oldest Man posted:

Oh god, now where will the rich people go??
All the serious rich preppers have a bunker either in the Arctic, under the ocean, or on the moon.

Not Mars, though, because who knows how much coronavirus the native Martians might be packing.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Nature finally says "gently caress it"

"You guys really aren't going to try and save yourselves? You're really just going to multiply endlessly, making everything else around you extinct, and destroying your own life support system? Fine, gently caress it. Maybe this is what you need"

Its good hey! :)

This is the price you pay when you eat an exotic animal, ya fucks

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Guess who just got quarantined....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Spermanent Record posted:

Guess who just got quarantined....

Did Burt leave for his cruise already? :rip: