Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

Day three. Missed call. My voice scares the local children.

This bit is one of my favorites and I think has led to me buying more things with Jack Palance than I should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If you want to watch a Battlestar Galactica knock-off with Jack Palance... You are still better off just taking shrooms and trying to imagine it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Which riff is that quote from?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Which riff is that quote from?

Its from the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode of Outlaw of Gor

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Barudak posted:

Its from the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode of Outlaw of Gor

Which, apropos of nothing, happened to be the very first thing I ever watched on the then-brand new YouTube. It was in two parts, and I had to let them load all night to be able to watch the next day.

:allears:

Cabot?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caaaaabot!!!

Watched Shape of Things to Come, boy thats an unfocused movie. Also the robots look like how you would design robots if you wanted them to get pantsed by the cool kids

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Barudak posted:

Outlaw of Gor

*whipcrack*

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They just announced on Patreon that next week they'll be doing a live stream on Patreon going over this year's Kickstarter.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They posted another 90s short and I can't tell if I'm this riff is inducing a stroke or if it's inducing an allergic response. So 90s.

https://www.rifftrax.com/bicycle-safety-camp

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh god, that was THE cringiest thing I ever did see.

Now I can believe that Vanilla Ice actually looked cool in comparison to something.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

They just announced on Patreon that next week they'll be doing a live stream on Patreon going over this year's Kickstarter.

Just a reminder, 15 minutes until the stream is live

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-2020-hobgoblins-and-amityville-4-riffed-live?ref=discovery&term=rifftrax

Hobgoblins and Amityville 4.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
God help me but I'm having Kevin write a jingle for our cat :colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

How much do the live show tickets usually go for? Thinking of going for Hobgoblins as a bucket list thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ten hours in and it's already almost fully funded.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I looked at it again about a half hour after it went up and all of the VIP tiers were already claimed.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I looked at it again about a half hour after it went up and all of the VIP tiers were already claimed.

Same. Hobgoblins is my favorite MST3k riff and I was hoping I would be able to nab a VIP reward. Hopefully they offer additional spots later.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Funded.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I think there were only 2 left across both shows before the announcement stream even ended.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

There's a new VoD today!

quote:

Here’s the good news: Hijacked: Flight 285 will still make sense even if you haven’t seen any of the previous 284 movies in the Hijacked: Flight series.

The bad news? The series has experienced a sharp decline ever since Hijacked: Flight 92 - What Do You Mean You’re Out of Ginger Ale, No, Diet is Certainly NOT OKAY.

Made for network TV in the mid-90s (a fact that will come as no surprise once you see that the dad from "Family Ties" gets second billing), Hijacked is a good example of the commercial-interrupted delights that awaited people who were fans of crap but too cheap to buy a ticket to Dante’s Peak.

The all-star cast will leave you full of questions: Will James Brolin ever leave the cockpit? (No.) Can noted dweeb Anthony Michael Hall pull off a convincing terrorist? (No.) Where do I recognize that one guy from? (Police Academy.) Ha! No, I’ve certainly never seen a Police Academy movie... (You don’t have to lie to us. It was the 80s. We were all dumber.)

Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for a flight that is extremely full… of laughs!

https://www.rifftrax.com/hijacked-flight-285

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Oh hell yeah

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont know when they started adding them or if I just noticed but I like they include the writing credits on the purchase page.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

In Hijacked: Flight 285 the good guys have the following characterization: the male lead cop wants the hostage negotiator to go into the plane and screw with the hijackers so the cops can get a chance to storm the place and shoot everyone, while the negotiator wants to negotiate. In the end the negotiator fails to negotiate but she convinces the hijacker with the plastic gun to shoot her bomb-holding buddy for ??? reasons. And then the cops storm the place and shoot everyone, killing "not many" innocents. Lesson: shoot first?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Agreed, if the criminals just shot all the passengers at the start the movie would be shorter and therefore better.I

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
My bigger question about hijacked is, in the metal detector scene, is that an uncredited David Morse in the back?

It distracted the hell out of me

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Today's Sally Forth

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Holy poo poo. They still make Sally Forth?!?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Edward Mass posted:

Holy poo poo. They still make Sally Forth?!?

Yep. Since Ces took over the writing, it's been pretty good.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Hobgoblins live riff, hell yeah

I still can't hear anyone talk about the 80s without mentAlly adding doing a lot of coke and voting for Ronald Reagan

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Do a bunch of oxys and vote for Donald Trump

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rifftrax/status/1233469838783393799?s=21

New blaxploitation riff!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
gently caress me for having a job I guess. There was an email to backers at 1:21pm announcing tickets for Hobgoblins went on sale. I just read it and clicked that link now and they're already sold out.

EDIT: No it's google's fault. This email was sent out yesterday and it opened to everyone else at 10am central today. I only got the email this afternoon :negative:

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 28, 2020

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Five bucks says Tarantino knows this movie.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Five bucks says Tarantino knows this movie.

I don't know, a certain word doesn't get used it in.

I think it might have one of my favorite endings of recent rifftrax

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yep. Since Ces took over the writing, it's been pretty good.

Isn't he a goon?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
18 minutes have been cut from the latest release.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So, what shorts are covered by the Super Tuesday "patriotic" sale?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm trying to put together a Robert Z'Dar cocktail.

I'm thinking a mix of Soju and coca cola but how best to represent his chin in cocktail form.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Another Bill posted:

I'm trying to put together a Robert Z'Dar cocktail.

I'm thinking a mix of Soju and coca cola but how best to represent his chin in cocktail form.

Rule of thumb: When in Z’Doubt, Z’Don’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Rule of thumb: When in Z’Doubt, Z’Don’t.

New thread title right there.