Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Drugs make people don protective gear and respect the danger posed by scaffolding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nvfQw8UCDE

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1B6PS81Uk

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Not making me want to do drugs any less TBH.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hope he knows all the secrets of that heroquest. Gonna be rough doing it without the clan's magic behind him.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

The Lone Badger posted:

Hope he knows all the secrets of that heroquest. Gonna be rough doing it without the clan's magic behind him.

the best part of heroquest is the gargoyle

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Memento posted:

OH&S manual from Australia, "why you shouldn't do drugs at work"

I don’t know, that just makes doing drugs at work look cool as gently caress.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The truck shrinks in the cold to protect itself from damage.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Took a couple pictures from one of my projects on Tuesday. This is looking out the window at a brand new 18 floor building next door. I put the red circle so you know where to look.

*ENHANCE*

This guy crawled over the guardrail on the roof so he could work on the exterior face of the 18th floor. He appeared to be tied off...maybe? Hopefully to an actual anchor point and not just whatever his pelican hook fit around. There are people from another GC doing site work in the space between that building and the one I'm in, in other words, people are underneath him at ground level. The fact that he took his hardhat off so it didn't fall makes me think he probably doesn't have any tools tethered.

edit// Hopefully this worked. Sorry about that last night. For whatever reason imgur doesn't work on Chrome for me so I have to load it in Firefox

iroc.dis fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 28, 2020

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Your image host does those annoying spyware popup things on mobile by the way.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
And also embeds loving tiny.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I just realized today my facility uses LOTO locks to secure access to electrical control panels.

They have live mains in there so it makes sense they should be locked but shouldn't the loto lock be keeping a breaker open so whoever gas that panel open doesn't get zapped rather than being what keeps random idiots from zapping themselves??

I of course noticed this because the building engineer had it open while the equipment it controls was very much on and operating

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

iroc.dis posted:

Took a couple pictures from one of my projects on Tuesday. This is looking out the window at a brand new 18 floor building next door. I put the red circle so you know where to look.

xxx

*ENHANCE*

xx

This guy crawled over the guardrail on the roof so he could work on the exterior face of the 18th floor. He appeared to be tied off...maybe? Hopefully to an actual anchor point and not just whatever his pelican hook fit around. There are people from another GC doing site work in the space between that building and the one I'm in, in other words, people are underneath him at ground level. The fact that he took his hardhat off so it didn't fall makes me think he probably doesn't have any tools tethered.

edit// Hopefully that works better. For whatever reason imgur doesn't work for me.

Get rid of your images.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
lol that was exciting with headphones on
YOU ARE WINDOWS HAVE BEEN INFECTED

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Blue Moonlight posted:

I don’t know, that just makes doing drugs at work look cool as gently caress.

I actually did drugs at work once - I was having kidney trouble at the time and had to go to hospital because I though I had a ruptured kidney. I ended up getting a huge dose oral morphine and sent on my way when they worked out it was a muscle spasm due to my electrolytes being all hosed up.

So I wander into my lab job 3 hours late with a huge grin on my face, clearly off my tits and insisting I'm fine now. My bosses couldn't reason with me so I got sent to clean the labs in an opiod infused haze for 5 hours until hometime. That lab was goddamn spotless by the end, I tell you.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
The real OSHA is using a browser without an ad blocker

5er
Jun 1, 2000

KoRMaK posted:

there;s some sort of study or article or discipline that is about reducing the amount of warning lights and sounds and poo poo and I can't ever seem to find the right one. Bascially, in hospitals and cockpits turn the number of flashing beepy things down because it leads to alarm fatigue. I think it was called alarm fatigue but it might have had a cooler more specific phrase

I think my favorite military pilot euphemism, was calling the fistful of drugs a pilot sucked down before flight, 'fatigue management tools'.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Doing drugs at work? I once saw a guy bump a line of oxy he ground up on a woodchipper, lol

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

20 Blunts posted:

Doing drugs at work? I once saw a guy bump a line of oxy he ground up on a woodchipper, lol

My doctor also prescribes opioids by the cord.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Worked at a coffee shop when I was still a teen. People would steal/do the nitrous canisters all the time. One girl would take nearly hour long bathroom breaks...come back clearly on heroin. She stole a whole till full of cash one day, plastic tray and all, but somehow didn't get fired, due to some deal with the manager and her. This bored house-wife who started working again for funsies, started banging this college kid regular and told me all about how she tried ecstasy for the first time with him and it was amazing and had opened her eyes! It was a pretty fun job.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

LifeSunDeath posted:

Worked at a coffee shop when I was still a teen. People would steal/do the nitrous canisters all the time. One girl would take nearly hour long bathroom breaks...come back clearly on heroin. She stole a whole till full of cash one day, plastic tray and all, but somehow didn't get fired, due to some deal with the manager and her. This bored house-wife who started working again for funsies, started banging this college kid regular and told me all about how she tried ecstasy for the first time with him and it was amazing and had opened her eyes! It was a pretty fun job.

Sir, this is a Tim Horton's janitor's closet

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Another, different, lear jet story with what looks like a near supersonic impact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BML2lfqaK-4
"Task saturated captain" is a phrase I'm going to start using at work more

Air Safety Institute is a channel that much like the CSB should be subscribed to

e: laughing out loud at the windup and reveal at 4:14

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 28, 2020

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I can't watch right now, that's the one where they stalled on base to final and landed almost inverted? I think I remember hearing about that from another learjet captain who was at teterboro when the accident happened. The CVR transcript was wild

VVVV lots of rust and no visible ventilation, I don't know how fast oxygen depletes but you'd think they oughtta have some sniffers VVVV

EvenWorseOpinions fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 28, 2020

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I'm not sure what's going on here but it seems OSHA. Anchor chain inspection?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

20 Blunts posted:

I have camera footage somewhere of the parking lot at my job where two pipefitters spent their lunch break railing lines of something off the hood of their pickup truck.

My high scorer for alcohol blew a .24 at 930 am. We had a guy who was more hosed up, but he was in the “too hosed up to breathalyze” zone where he fell down coming in the gate because he couldn’t keep his pants up. His carpool buddy drove him back to his motel room and he called his foreman to apologize for not showing up that morning, he was so blacked out he had no idea he had tried to come in to work. Why anyone even drove him to work in the first place is a goddamn mystery.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

Another, different, lear jet story with what looks like a near supersonic impact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BML2lfqaK-4
"Task saturated captain" is a phrase I'm going to start using at work more

Air Safety Institute is a channel that much like the CSB should be subscribed to

e: laughing out loud at the windup and reveal at 4:14

It's a wonder that nobody on the ground got hurt. That guy in the parking lot must have poo poo his pants.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Don't know of any drug or alcohol stories off the top of my head. We did have a guy certified through us who broke another worker's back by swinging the crane's ball into his spine when he was on a ladder. He promptly leaped off the crane and fled the city at the very least, as nobody could find him at his home. It's suspected that he would have failed a drug test and ran rather than face consequences.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My high scorer for alcohol blew a .24 at 930 am.
Lightweight.

Once saw a girl who was not visibly intoxicated blow a .41, which was later confirmed via blood test.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I used to have a friend who would drink until the point of passing out or throwing up, but it was hard to tell when it would occur because she kept her voice completely normal and even. You would only see problems when she tried to stand up and immediately fell over, smashing her face into something.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The person who fixes your computer over the phone is probably drunk, stoned, or both.

Source: Me, the drunk and stoned tech support nerd.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And another crane bites the dust.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

goatsestretchgoals posted:

The person who fixes your computer over the phone is probably drunk, stoned, or both.

Source: Me, the drunk and stoned tech support nerd.
I've only been drunk during business hours a few times, and in every case my boss was the one pouring the drinks, but there were definitely a few years where my bong lived on my desk and annoying customers would often get put on hold for a hit.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've had 2 drinks on lunch before, but the closest I ever come to "work drinking" is I have two coworkers who enjoy whiskey and I've brought small samples for them. Like I once attended a Kaiyo blending seminar and made my own custom blend, and I brought it and gave them about 1 oz. each.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Being drunk at work trying to do computer stuff sucks

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I've been on site at a factory multiple times and the lunches with management were heavily "liquid". I never had any because, you know, I'm at a factory.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
When I worked in sales from home I would usually get a sixer on my lunch break and my sales would steadily climb in the afternoon. I avoided getting all the way drunk but there’s something to the ol’ ballmer curve for some kinds of work.

Not construction, though.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pacra posted:

I'm not sure what's going on here but it seems OSHA. Anchor chain inspection?

They look like Borrowers.

Edit: probably the dumbest thing I was involved with at work was convincing my coworker to flush his sinuses out (he had a bunch of sawdust in his nose because he'd been sanding without a mask), only we didn't have a neti pot or anything, so we used a watering can and tap water. I had to hold the watering can because the nozzle was so long he couldn't do it himself. Shockingly he had no ill effects from this.

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 28, 2020

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

chitoryu12 posted:

I used to have a friend who would drink until the point of passing out or throwing up, but it was hard to tell when it would occur because she kept her voice completely normal and even. You would only see problems when she tried to stand up and immediately fell over, smashing her face into something.

I have done this several times. People who know me recognize that I'm drunk by keeping count of the number of drinks I've had. People who don't know me keep bringing me drinks until I pass out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sex Skeleton posted:

I have done this several times. People who know me recognize that I'm drunk by keeping count of the number of drinks I've had. People who don't know me keep bringing me drinks until I pass out.

I do drink pretty heavily but I'm also extremely careful about my consumption. My body will start feeling nauseous by the time I'm one drink away from too many, so I can always stop myself before I throw up. I've also never blacked out, just fallen asleep quickly when getting home or back to the hotel.

I have to warn people away from trying to go drink-for-drink with me because of how much I'm capable of. I once had 15.5 oz. of rum at a tiki bar opened by my favorite bartenders and still walked myself out to a car. The bartenders there still tell customers about it when they try to brag about their drinking prowess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

My favorite boss ever was the owner of the company I worked for at the time. He was an insane Cajun from the gulf coast of Mississippi, prone to the occasional raging outburst but otherwise charismatic as all hell.

Friday afternoons after hours he’d buy beer and let the employees bring it in (like, people made beer runs on their lunch breaks) and we’d all just chill for an hour or so drinking and shooting the poo poo. It was great for fostering employee morale and bonding.

I really miss that place sometimes.