Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I just got 3 separate bloomberg mailers in my mailbox in the same week, jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

JosefStalinator posted:

I did too, trashed them and donated to Bernie instead

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kunabomber posted:

I noticed basically all the sheriff seats have no Dem challenger, though.

Not in Harris County. Had three people running.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Oh man, I guess denton county doesn't have enough Dem cops :shrug:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Is there still the Texas-two-step or did they get rid of that in memorium for Hillary Clinton's campaign sinking like a rock?

I think that there's good odds at some kind of schenanigans at the Convention (because the convention was specifically designed to have schenanigans), and a lot is going to depend on which way the superdelegates and the delegates whose candidate has already dropped out flop. I'm not exactly sure on how the whole thing works on that end. It's possible that Super Tuesday will yield some surprises, but it seems like Bernie's going to be ahead and the Democratic leadership will be scrambling to find a way to pin the nomination on anybody else.

I don't think Bloomberg is going to end up having any significant support, but him running interference on Biden for the votes of conservative democrats is going to weaken both of them, which seems a positive. I think Pete Butt is trying to appeal to that segment too, although he probably plans to turn harder right after the nomination.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

Is there still the Texas-two-step or did they get rid of that in memorium for Hillary Clinton's campaign sinking like a rock?

I think that there's good odds at some kind of schenanigans at the Convention (because the convention was specifically designed to have schenanigans), and a lot is going to depend on which way the superdelegates and the delegates whose candidate has already dropped out flop. I'm not exactly sure on how the whole thing works on that end. It's possible that Super Tuesday will yield some surprises, but it seems like Bernie's going to be ahead and the Democratic leadership will be scrambling to find a way to pin the nomination on anybody else.

I don't think Bloomberg is going to end up having any significant support, but him running interference on Biden for the votes of conservative democrats is going to weaken both of them, which seems a positive. I think Pete Butt is trying to appeal to that segment too, although he probably plans to turn harder right after the nomination.

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

https://www.shadizitoon.com

Legato posted:

Just voted for a goon - can't say I saw that coming when I registered on this site uhhhhh nearly 16 years ago.

I'm sure that goon appreciates it.

Kunabomber posted:

Just came back from voting. Went for Bernie and goon Shadi Zitoon.

Thanks!!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Same, though I'll most likely be over off of 75 by the timemof the general election

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

:same:

If the GOP weren't so anti gay there'd be no reason for him to be a Democrat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SlothfulCobra posted:

the texas two-step is dead. we only have a primary

i'm glad i got to do the 2008 one, it was a blast

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

:same:

If the GOP weren't so anti gay there'd be no reason for him to be a Democrat

If the Republican Party wasn't bigoted, it would have no defining characteristics compared to conservative democrats.

Which I'd love for new factions to take hold of the party and for them to reject racism and everything else and have actual political views to consider, but that's not what they've chosen for themselves.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

SlothfulCobra posted:

If the Republican Party wasn't bigoted, it would have no defining characteristics compared to conservative democrats.

Which I'd love for new factions to take hold of the party and for them to reject racism and everything else and have actual political views to consider, but that's not what they've chosen for themselves.

That would require them losing the power and money that they've fought their entire lives to attain.

Instead, we get these sanitized platitudes and allusions to how we're building a better future because this time the ICE agent we hired is brown, or the CEO is a woman. Nothing will change unless these cynical hacks are thrown out of office/their cushy media gigs. Even modest socdem reforms (M4A, anti-trust, unionization, etc) can not be sustained in the long-term while these shitbags hold power over us.

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!

This woman moderates the largest facebook group that purports to be a parent support group for our local ISD - but between posts about volleyball games and common core, i have encountered some really sketchy stuff in there and the largest threads generally surround 2nd amendment rights and how property taxes in an affluent area with middling rates are too high.

She also runs a high school academic booster club. This article was mentioned to the school board in regards to her work with students, and I plan on giving a voice of support to try to oust her from interacting from students.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hawkline posted:

This woman moderates the largest facebook group that purports to be a parent support group for our local ISD - but between posts about volleyball games and common core, i have encountered some really sketchy stuff in there and the largest threads generally surround 2nd amendment rights and how property taxes in an affluent area with middling rates are too high.

She also runs a high school academic booster club. This article was mentioned to the school board in regards to her work with students, and I plan on giving a voice of support to try to oust her from interacting from students.

Fuckin A dude, that woman has no business being within 200 ft of a school. Tarrant Co Republicans are a special brand of crazy which is why it's hilarious Konni Burton lost her seat and now runs the fox news version of the Texas Tribune

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I'll never stop laughing at my former coworker buying a house in Tarrant county specifically to be in the large conservative county in the US. In late 2017.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean it's still pretty loving conservative

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah but that dude lost his drat mind the day after the election. The real test on the way the winds are blowing will be how the county goes 2022.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Cool.

https://theintercept.com/2020/02/28/bloomberg-super-tuesday-texas-california-democratic-party-hires/

quote:

FORMER NEW YORK City Mayor Mike Bloomberg has hired two state Democratic party vice chairs in Super Tuesday states with two of the top three highest number of pledged delegates. Bloomberg hired Texas Democratic Party Vice Chair Carla Brailey as a senior adviser to his campaign in December, and he hired California State Democratic Party Vice Chair Alexandra Rooker for a similar role in January.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I don’t think I would want anyone involved in the formal TDP structure to come within 10 miles of my campaign

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

Me too. Write return to sender on all of them and it costs him postage again.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Got these in the mail today. Addressed to my wife, who's registered Republican (wanted to vote against Trump in the primary in 2016 and never bothered changing). I don't get these mailers as a Democrat. I guess if you're playing with billionaire money you can afford to do some hyper targeting in the Carrollton area.

Edit: The Korean is google translate level, just direct literal translation of the English.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
He looks profoundly uncomfortable being around that many minorities in those pictures.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

I don’t think I would want anyone involved in the formal TDP structure to come within 10 miles of my campaign

According to her website, it lists her electoral experience as the Fredericka Phillips for 61st Precinct Judge Campaign and losing her race for Houston City Council seat D where she came in 3rd.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

The scope of Bloomberg's targeted direct mailing efforts is something else. My wife and I are both getting Mike's mailers, but they're sending us very different ones - I get tidy one-page letters in an envelope, she just got a large packet bragging about his "Greenwood Initiative" for "Economic Justice for Black America". I can't recall ever seeing this level of, uh, granularity in a mailing campaign before.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

According to her website, it lists her electoral experience as the Fredericka Phillips for 61st Precinct Judge Campaign and losing her race for Houston City Council seat D where she came in 3rd.

We can’t let Bernie take the party away from folks like this! He’s gonna lose us the election!

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Dameius posted:

I'll never stop laughing at my former coworker buying a house in Tarrant county specifically to be in the large conservative county in the US. In late 2017.

zoux posted:

I mean it's still pretty loving conservative

I want to make a joke about conservative safe spaces but I'm tired and unfunny as poo poo :smith:

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
mike bloomberg subtly holding up the entire printing industry

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Some very good polls for Bernie in Texas today. CNN has him up 9. Univision has him up 6.

Bernie competitive with Trump in both polls. Cornyn underwater against “generic Democrat”

Hegar likely to be in a runoff with either Ramirez or West.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Why is Hegar doing well in the primary?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Why is Hegar doing well in the primary?

I was under the impression she was out-fundraising the field by an order of magnitude.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Look at this dumb thing and remember what state we're in:

https://twitter.com/mjhegar/status/1226869637255716865

Insert 'helicopter mom' joke here

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
fundraising and name recognition from that viral ad last cycle.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My polling place is a tiny cubby in a Fiesta and consequently the line is currently winding through like half the dang store. Truly, I have made great sacrifices for the sanctity of democracy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spiritus Nox posted:

I was under the impression she was out-fundraising the field by an order of magnitude.

TropicalCoke posted:

fundraising and name recognition from that viral ad last cycle.

Makes sense, thanks y'all.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

1stGear posted:

My polling place is a tiny cubby in a Fiesta and consequently the line is currently winding through like half the dang store. Truly, I have made great sacrifices for the sanctity of democracy.

Please provide your photo ID and a bag of Takis as proof of registration

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

No Safe Word posted:

Please provide your photo ID and a bag of Takis as proof of registration

I'm already past the Takis oh noooooooo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The best part about voting early is the door to door canvassing stops the next day and the mailers stop two days or so later.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

this one made me laugh the most when i saw it

quote:

The campaign also named its first Texas hires:

Carla Brailey, vice chair of the Texas Democratic Party, will serve as Bloomberg’s senior advisor.

Ashlea Turner, a government relations consultant who worked on Bill White’s 2010 gubernatorial campaign, will serve as Bloomberg’s state director.

Kevin Lo, who worked on presidential candidate Kamala Harris’ Iowa campaign before she ended her campaign earlier this month, will serve as Bloomberg’s organizing director.

Lizzie Lewis, communications director for 2018 gubernatorial nominee Lupe Valdez, will be Bloomberg’s press secretary.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

i say swears online posted:

this one made me laugh the most when i saw it

Lol Bloomberg's hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
hahahahaha holy poo poo