Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pre-sequel was indeed bad, every gameplay decision made the game less fun. It's the only Borderlands I didn't return to for NG+ or DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Xaris posted:

i have a deeply visceral allergic reaction to this phrase

elect me god emperor of these forums and i will stamp out this ward crime against humanity with impunity

Exterminatus is the only answer my brother.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Deakul posted:

Oh poo poo that's awesome, I always wanted to play this.

Now we just need Spartan Total Warrior.

Man that game is a classic ps2 action adventure game. So good. It is basically budget God Of War but it is so much fun.

There is only one way to play it on PC currently. I also wish Creative Assembly make some more non Total War games because the Viking/Spartan games were fun and Alien Isolation was dope.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Det_no posted:

Hey did you like Commandos? Or Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun? Well guess what:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1227530/Partisans_1941/

Nice i'll keep an eye on it

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Grim Dawn report: I have obtained an axe that makes enemies get hit by a powerful bolt of lightning with a 30% proc chance per attack and it keeps vaporizing long-range enemies before I can get to them. I can't believe I'm mad at my own axe for kill-stealing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Two hours into Dynasty Warriors 9 and I still like it but man is it weirdly budget. Like even for a Dynasty Warriors game it is extremely weirdly budget. Castle design, open world place design, etc. At least combat is fun and the photo mode is baller. I gotta play with it more:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The one person who really liked Borderlands: TPS checking in.

The Joe Man posted:

Heads up that the Humble Store changed their discount options during checkout. When you have your cart open, hit the big grey button below the totals that says something like "Manage my discount" and you can crank that fucker to 20% if you're a monthly member. They apparently changed it from the 50/50 charity of choice vs wallet credit system and now it's just 0%-20%.

This has been the case for a good while now, possibly upwards of a year. :rip: if you didn't know about it tho.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

StrixNebulosa posted:

Two hours into Dynasty Warriors 9 and I still like it but man is it weirdly budget. Like even for a Dynasty Warriors game it is extremely weirdly budget. Castle design, open world place design, etc. At least combat is fun and the photo mode is baller. I gotta play with it more:

As someone who's played all the musous since DW3 on the first xbox, I can't seem to get into the rhythm of the new combat. Nothing seems to flow well. All attacks seem like separate animations with really quick recoveries.

I feel like WO4 plays a lot better.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Them forcing me to visibly take % away from charity is apparently all they needed to do to make me say, "Did I really need that dollar?" and just leave it default.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Morter posted:

As someone who's played all the musous since DW3 on the first xbox, I can't seem to get into the rhythm of the new combat. Nothing seems to flow well. All attacks seem like separate animations with really quick recoveries.

I feel like WO4 plays a lot better.

Haven't played WO4 but I like the "Y teleports you to a dude so you can instantly kill him dead with a special animation" mechanic as it leads to some tremendously silly fights. And I like the rb+face button to do different moves, it's more intuitive to me instead of the usual x+x+x+y = move 3 combos.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ZearothK posted:

Trolling hardcore D2 PvP was one of my favorite experiences as a kid, you'd die pretty quickly too, since when you live by the sword you die by the sword, but it was nice to look at the ear collection before you're gone.
... Destiny 2 is current, are you saying you're a kid right now? And what's this about ears?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Probably meant Diablo 2.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yeah you got ears for player kills in PVP, good times.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

John Murdoch posted:

The one person who really liked Borderlands: TPS checking in.

This has been the case for a good while now, possibly upwards of a year. :rip: if you didn't know about it tho.
while YOU were greedily filling your pockets with an extra 5%, i was donating to charity

EDIT: SNOOD IS ON STEAM https://store.steampowered.com/app/964040/Snood/

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 28, 2020

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

StrixNebulosa posted:

I keep meaning to give DW9 a try, since it's got a trial version. Hearing that it has a photo mode makes me think maybe I should try it this weekend.

Are there any other games that have photo modes that are worth checking out?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Snood, also, is $20 for the full registered version. Um.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Cowcaster posted:

gonna take a stab in the dark and guess you ran through the story mode once, most likely with friends, and dropped it afterwards?

This is me except I play solo. I even played through Diablo 3 story mode once and that was enough for me. I have no idea how people play that game over and over again, that's a lot of clicking.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Aphex- posted:

This is me except I play solo. I even played through Diablo 3 story mode once and that was enough for me. I have no idea how people play that game over and over again, that's a lot of clicking.

My lizard brain hungers for numbers

Orv
May 4, 2011
Number go up, Orv get happy.

Number go down, Orv get confused.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Orv posted:

Number go up, Orv get happy.

Number go down, Orv get confused.

Orv gets it!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Sometimes number go sideways. It not perfect system.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Number go boolean is the tits.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Me, I'm addicted to the crashing sound Diablo 3 makes when it drops a legendary item for me. Such a rush, every time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Picayune posted:

Me, I'm addicted to the crashing sound Diablo 3 makes when it drops a legendary item for me. Such a rush, every time.

That and PSO red boxes

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
You know, free isn't a bad price for Black Desert online. It's a decent watch a show game that has active-style combat to it along with some skill rotation stuff. E: But it really does want your money down the line, from looking at the shop.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jamfrost posted:

You know, free isn't a bad price for Black Desert online. It's a decent watch a show game that has active-style combat to it along with some skill rotation stuff. E: But it really does want your money down the line, from looking at the shop.

The other real money sink is end-game equipment which follows the semi-standard KMMO system of increasing failure chances to upgrade without spending money. It's probably the worst one in the genre in fact and if you're enjoying it for the combat I'd drop the game the moment you run into the MMO parts near max level.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I already got Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Def Edition, but actually not - from Humble Monthly. Is the def edition in this package here worth 9 euros?
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12231/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/
It has the Croft and Deluxe extras and Def Edition upgrade.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 28, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The DLC mostly just adds a bunch of extra tombs, which are the most fun part about playing Shadow, so I'd say yea.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Sininu posted:

I already got Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Def Edition, but actually not from Humble Monthly. Is the def edition in this package here worth 9 euros?
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12231/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/
It has the Croft and Deluxe extras and Def Edition upgrade.

That sounds like you did get it from Humble, they gave the non-dlc version for their monthly, and I'm not sure it is/was even possible to get without the dlc missions outside of Humble Monthly. Right now you can only buy the whole thing as a package, which is also leading to the naming nightmare where the base game is called the Definitive Edition but the dlc is called the Definitive Upgrade and you can buy a package deal with both of them but you can't buy the parts separately.

Because of the terrible naming I'm not quite sure what you do have, but if you mean you have the base game but not the extra dlcs, it's more of the same, meaning it's fine if you want more/expect to want more after you're done with the base game. It consists of 7 extra tomb puzzles which are about the same size as the base game tombs, each with some extra exploring/combat sections besides the tomb.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Griefor posted:

That sounds like you did get it from Humble, they gave the non-dlc version for their monthly, and I'm not sure it is/was even possible to get without the dlc missions outside of Humble Monthly. Right now you can only buy the whole thing as a package, which is also leading to the naming nightmare where the base game is called the Definitive Edition but the dlc is called the Definitive Upgrade and you can buy a package deal with both of them but you can't buy the parts separately.

Because of the terrible naming I'm not quite sure what you do have, but if you mean you have the base game but not the extra dlcs, it's more of the same, meaning it's fine if you want more/expect to want more after you're done with the base game. It consists of 7 extra tomb puzzles which are about the same size as the base game tombs, each with some extra exploring/combat sections besides the tomb.

Yeah, that I got it from Monthly (actually it was the first Humble Choice now that I thought about it) is what I tried to say, edited it for hopefully more clarity.
My situation is like this:

Sounds like it would be worth it? Gonna buy it later then.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Det_no posted:

Hey did you like Commandos? Or Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun? Well guess what:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1227530/Partisans_1941/
Not a fan of the setting. Presenting the Red Army as good guys is pretty loving disturbing for half of Europe.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

anilEhilated posted:

Not a fan of the setting. Presenting the Red Army as good guys is pretty loving disturbing for half of Europe.

But what about... :can:

(Actually yeah, feels bit icky. Doesn't help that the term "partisan" is here strongly associated with kill squads murdering civilians in remote areas)

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Kennel posted:

But what about... :can:

(Actually yeah, feels bit icky. Doesn't help that the term "partisan" is here strongly associated with kill squads murdering civilians in remote areas)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEHsHJ9a4p8
Obviously can't judge the whole game on one video but it does show more than the Steam page's video, and I'm happy to say it looks like murdering Nazi soldiers, Commandos style. Looks pretty fun, too.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mischievous Mink posted:

Obviously can't judge the whole game on one video but it does show more than the Steam page's video, and I'm happy to say it looks like murdering Nazi soldiers, Commandos style. Looks pretty fun, too.

I'm sure the game itself isn't any more problematic than most of the other WWII games (it's even published by a German company) and I'm a bit amused that it makes me uneasy after all those war crimes I've committed as an American soldier.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 28, 2020

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mischievous Mink posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEHsHJ9a4p8
I don't expect the game to involve murdering civilians for supplies or "executing collaborators" to send a message. Doesn't change the fact the setting is controversial at best.
It doesn't help that modern Russia has a strong policy of historical revisionism regarding the Soviet era intended specifically to whitewash their military engagements. It's a sensitive topic in most of what used to be the Eastern bloc.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 28, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's weird there aren't more isometric action games where you control a small squad of specialized units because everybody universally agrees those were the best parts of the Warcraft/Starcraft campaigns. We got Syndicate, Satellite Reign which wasn't that good, and uh this one I guess.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Dawn of War 2's campaigns are basically that too (and great.)

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Dawn of War 2's campaigns are basically that too (and great.)

They can also be played in coop, they're super fun.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

Xaris posted:

elect me god emperor of these forums and i will stamp out this ward crime against humanity with impunity

We all know it's called shlooter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

the people will never support your maniacal regime based on madness