Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Cost saving at its finest.

Still waiting for you to tell us where on the doll the mouse touched you since your only contributions in this thread are brilliant, well constructed ones such as these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My favorite gag on JC was when Pandora just opened and the skipper was doing their “if you enjoyed this tour my name is xxxxx and this has been the Jungle Cruise, and if you didn’t then names don’t matter” bit, only she changed it to “if you didn’t then my name is James Cameron and this has been Flight of Passage.”

I don’t know why but that loving destroyed me.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Back at the magic kingdom for the first time in over a decade and a boat sinks :rip:

Also holy wow the park was heaving today. Got last minute fastpasses on space and thunder but seeing rides with three hour queues blew my mind.

Went to universal yesterday and Hagrid’s was excellent but boy are there some bad rides. Transformers is just an inferior version of Spider man. They really need more rides with practical sets because after a day of 3D/ 4D glasses my eyes were knackered.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
SWAT, police, and helicopters around EPCOT area resorts. This has not been a great day for the parks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

SWAT, police, and helicopters around EPCOT area resorts. This has not been a great day for the parks.

there's a situation at beach club with a suspicious person

E: rumor is it's cleared up and the person was misidentified?

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 28, 2020

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Today is a banner day for the parks. 28 hours until I’m back in house of mouse.

Here’s hoping my thumb smashes go quick enough at 8am in Sunday for ROTR. I’ve got a Mickey and Minnie’s FP for Friday so I’m hyped for that. TGM was my highlight for HS, so I’m glad all the hype I’m hearing is real and worthy.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dugong posted:

Went to universal yesterday and Hagrid’s was excellent but boy are there some bad rides. Transformers is just an inferior version of Spider man.

It’s the same exact ride vehicle. Like, they didn’t even bother repainting it. It’s the most ridiculous loving thing.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
66 days until I'm having a cuppa joe at the poly but who is counting ha ha ha?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/gerwigsbitch/status/1233184742675107840?s=21

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Is it really all screens

Spoilers for those who want to be surprised

No. Every room is wall to wall projection mapped for the backgrounds and some of the character bits, but there are several physical elements in the ride, including several Mickey and Minnie animatronics. (which are done in the Seven Dwarves/Frozen Ever After style)

The projection mapping leads to a few very ingenious set changes without you having to actually leave the room. Only two small portions have you looking directly at a "screen" to view something.

It's a very cute ride that really adds a fun family element to studios that even Toy Story Land didn't quite fill the gap. It's super adorable, and the pre-show is one of the cooler things I've seen Disney recently (and I've ridden Rise of the Resistance 4 times)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Tokyo Disney is now closed until at least March 16. Universal Japan will also close.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Dren posted:

...Guardians replaced Ellen’s. ...

Lol my forgetting this is especially bad because it's the perfect example of "just give people something - anything - to do." Massive capacity, very little demand.

Hazo posted:

My favorite gag on JC was when Pandora just opened and the skipper was doing their “if you enjoyed this tour my name is xxxxx and this has been the Jungle Cruise, and if you didn’t then names don’t matter” bit, only she changed it to “if you didn’t then my name is James Cameron and this has been Flight of Passage.”

I don’t know why but that loving destroyed me.

post your favorite jungle cruise joke itt

It doesn't appear to be a favorite for the skippers, because we haven't heard it more than we have, but I love the gag where after identifying every animal, the skipper says "the [animal] can reach speeds of up to 35 miles per hour, making it the fastest animal in the jungle, and I think that's pretty cool."

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Zero One posted:

Tokyo Disney is now closed until at least March 16. Universal Japan will also close.

Holy poo poo. I was there (DisneySea) on Wednesday. Park was still hella crowded, with non-Fastpass wait times at 140+ minutes for the big ticket rides throughout the day. Disney is losing gobs of money doing this.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Grundulum posted:

Holy poo poo. I was there (DisneySea) on Wednesday. Park was still hella crowded, with non-Fastpass wait times at 140+ minutes for the big ticket rides throughout the day. Disney is losing gobs of money doing this.

congratulations on your coronavirus!

Boxman posted:

Lol my forgetting this is especially bad because it's the perfect example of "just give people something - anything - to do." Massive capacity, very little demand.

It doesn't appear to be a favorite for the skippers, because we haven't heard it more than we have, but I love the gag where after identifying every animal, the skipper says "the [animal] can reach speeds of up to 35 miles per hour, making it the fastest animal in the jungle, and I think that's pretty cool."

I mean I've always chuckled at the backside of water and "the underside of water" variations have been killing me for a full day so far. it's great. I know they aren't offical but you know, still.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If Disney knew any better, they would be writing up a bunch of new jokes referencing the sinking incident.

This poo poo basically writes itself

I guess Iger really was keeping everything...afloat.
:downsrim:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That was hardly the first time a boat has sunk.

For any Disney fans I highly recommend Mouse Tales, More Mouse Tales, and Realityland for some behind the scenes history of the US parks (at least up until they were published in the 90s and 2000s).

https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Tales-Behind-Ears-Disneyland/dp/0964060566

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Boxman posted:

“I want to point out some of my favorite plants. Up there is hibiscus, down there is low-biscus, and in the water is sea-biscus.”

I like the fastest animal in the jungle runner where every animal can go 35 mph and is the fastest.

I’ve heard other variants of “If you’ve enjoyed this cruise I’m skipper X and this has been the Jungle Cruise. If you haven’t I’m Kylo Ren and this has been Rise of the Resistance.”

There’s one about waving goodbye forever at the dock that I can’t quite remember.

And ofc Trader Sam will give you two of his heads for one of yours.

Oh and you might think that elephant is spouting water at us but it’s snot.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
My favorite which I think is no longer allowed because I haven't heard it in forever is "Ruins of the ancient Cambodian monorail"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

There was some dangerous animal, maybe it was the snake or a hippo or something.
“Oh no guys, that looks like trouble. But don’t worry, I know how to get rid of them— this worked on my ex-boyfriend.”

*drops microphone, leans over the bow”

I love yooooou!!!
Let’s get married!!!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Don't worry kids! That zebra is just sleeping. Those lions are his friends! The Lions are protecting the sleeping zebra.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
"Now let me point out some of my favorite plants"

*silently points finger in random directions*

It's an irredeemably dumb loving joke but I love it so much and I don't know why.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Renegret posted:

"Now let me point out some of my favorite plants"

*silently points finger in random directions*

It's an irredeemably dumb loving joke but I love it so much and I don't know why.

This one and the hibiscus chains are classic, and “this temple could lead to some ancient ruins. Eh who am I kidding, this is Disney, it probably leads to a gift shop.”

When I got trained at Pirates, we took a jungle cruise boat just for our training class. I wish I remembered some of the jokes but it’s been almost a decade but it was very off script and very hilarious.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/dinneewurr/status/1233441623176097793

Was Bob Chapek the loving glue holding all these rides together? Is he a load-bearing CEO?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Cais posted:

When I got trained at Pirates, we took a jungle cruise boat just for our training class. I wish I remembered some of the jokes but it’s been almost a decade but it was very off script and very hilarious.

For the Keys to the Kingdom tour, our group hijacked a Jungle Cruise boat and the guide gave behind the scenes details over the microphone while the skipper “drove.”

When she revealed that the JC boats were on a track, the skipper froze, slowly looked down at the wheel, looked back at the guide, threw up her hands, and mouthed, “what the f...”

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skippers are only beaten by the parking lot tram attendants. They all go off-script.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hazo posted:

For the Keys to the Kingdom tour, our group hijacked a Jungle Cruise boat and the guide gave behind the scenes details over the microphone while the skipper “drove.”

When she revealed that the JC boats were on a track, the skipper froze, slowly looked down at the wheel, looked back at the guide, threw up her hands, and mouthed, “what the f...”

I've had that happen exactly once and it destroyed me.

but I still beam at the jungle book joke after hearing it 300 times and muttering it to myself while they're saying it, so I'm easily amused. I also always tell the CM they're amazing and give them a little applause at the end. Because I'm awful but I want them to know somebody appreciates that stupid rear end script they've said 75,000 times this week.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Runaway railroad sounds great any great movie ride references? Did they even change the layout of the ride +

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Runaway railroad sounds great any great movie ride references? Did they even change the layout of the ride +

Well, the entire queue is mostly the same as it was with GMR except for when you get to the preshow which been modified, and I'm told there are GMR references, but I didn't see anything that stood out while riding.

The layout is fairly different, yeah.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
My favorite joke was something about how trader Sam are the skippers BF. Followed by “I’m just kidding, I don’t have a BF”

I can’t remember it exactly as I’ve only heard it once, but man, I lost it

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

They usually have a pretty good line when you're on during fireworks.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/dinneewurr/status/1233441623176097793

Was Bob Chapek the loving glue holding all these rides together? Is he a load-bearing CEO?

To be fair, I’ve played bumper peoplemover like six or seven times. It’s a fairly common occurrence.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Well, the entire queue is mostly the same as it was with GMR except for when you get to the preshow which been modified, and I'm told there are GMR references, but I didn't see anything that stood out while riding.

The layout is fairly different, yeah.

Sweet. Can't wait to ride.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
At Disneyland today and the next three days...

Saw the new parade; serious yawn. RotR was good but not the end-all. Like the concept, but it's ruined by the guests.

Cast members are zombie-like.

poolside toaster fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 29, 2020

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

poolside toaster posted:

Saw the new parade; serious yawn. RotR was good but not the end-all. Like the concept, but it's ruined by the guests.

Man that's a bummer about the cast members. Ours were great on Rise at WDW. My brother in law got yelled at for not lining up right on the Star Destroyer and I started talking poo poo about Kylo and how the First Order was a subpar imitation of The Empire. They basically told me they'd make sure my death would be slow. It was great.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

poolside toaster posted:

That sucks, I have only ever heard that DL CMs are much better than WDW just because they have older folks and the conditions aren't as soul wrecking.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

poolside toaster posted:

But how was RotR with getting into?

My mom and sister were there today, but haven't heard about how chaotic it was aside from a photo of the esplanade before opening.

I'm goin' in about a month so I'm wondering if I need to get my rear end up and walk over at like 5:30 in the morning.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zero One posted:

That was hardly the first time a boat has sunk.

For any Disney fans I highly recommend Mouse Tales, More Mouse Tales, and Realityland for some behind the scenes history of the US parks (at least up until they were published in the 90s and 2000s).

https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Tales-Behind-Ears-Disneyland/dp/0964060566

Ooh, never seen these books before. I’ll take twelve.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Ooh, never seen these books before. I’ll take twelve.

I remember devouring Mouse Tales and More Mouse Tales as a preteen/teenager. Definitely recommend.

I'd like to hear about the boarding experience at RotR in CA, too. I will be there for SWCA in August, and I do want to be told the odds of getting in. :v: Are they using the boarding group system in CA?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Hopping on the plane to MCO now

Time to take obnoxious “leaping” pics all day for Leap Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

PurpleButterfly posted:

I remember devouring Mouse Tales and More Mouse Tales as a preteen/teenager. Definitely recommend.

I'd like to hear about the boarding experience at RotR in CA, too. I will be there for SWCA in August, and I do want to be told the odds of getting in. :v: Are they using the boarding group system in CA?

I imagine the odds are much worse during SWCA, lol