Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

I want to hear more about what exactly Vedika told Cassidy before we call her out. Cassidy has already assumed a ton of things here and made them way worse than they actually are. I wouldn’t be shocked if Vedika (who seems close to Cassidy and likely trusted her until now) just said something like “Well, I think Undine’s shy and keeping things to herself, but that’s understandable right now” and Cassidy interpreted that in the worst way possible. Or prodded her until Vedika told her more, which would fit Cassidy’s personality.

Vedika definitely is having a “you can see the exact moment when her heart breaks” moment over this page, too. She seems generally sensitive. Wouldn’t be shocked if both she and Undine were blaming themselves after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think Vedika confided in Cassidy/the group because she was worried about Undine.
It could also be something she just brought up in passing but I think it wasnt meant as Secret Bitch Blabs Secrets regardless

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't thin Vedika meant to be malicious, but that would probably be a reason why, regardless of how this shakes out, Undine will likely leave that group and HP.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

rannum posted:

I think Vedika confided in Cassidy/the group because she was worried about Undine.
It could also be something she just brought up in passing but I think it wasnt meant as Secret Bitch Blabs Secrets regardless

My take was that Undine feels responsible for everything that happened and Vedika picked up on that and nothing else.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I read this as Cassidy once again misinterpreting things / throwing someone under the bus. Like, Vedika might have just said something like 'Boy, I sure messed up yesterday! Undine thought about something private [that is a thing that literally every person in existance has], and it caused my connection to completely crash and burn! I need to work on my control!' and Cassidy took her own message from it.
'

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

You know, I think this might be the moment where Vedika thought Undine was hiding something. It’s not even about Team Alchemical, she was just sparing Vedika’s feelings.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I noticed that one of the things Cassidy is harping on is that Undine is not grieving the 'right' way (The way she expects her to), even though not everyone grieves the same way, and that amongst other things convinces her that Undine is obviously guilty of something or something is wrong with them. That is...depressingly common in real life too.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 26, 2020

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Does anyone read Clown Corps.? It's a semi-serious comic about clowns acting as a superhero-type police force. The art is pretty cute.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I'd just like to take a moment to mention that despite being silent for a year and a half, Necropolis is back and updating more or less once a week now.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

IronSaber posted:

Does anyone read Clown Corps.? It's a semi-serious comic about clowns acting as a superhero-type police force. The art is pretty cute.

Thank you for sharing this one, it's been pretty fun so far!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
now taking bets on whether or not Cassidy uses the phrase "feeling very attacked" in the next few pages

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ironic Twist posted:

now taking bets on whether or not Cassidy uses the phrase "feeling very attacked" in the next few pages

Nice username/post combo!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Whatever other failings Questionable Content has, Jeph does seem to have a pretty uncanny bead on small non-profit operations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IronSaber posted:

This has got some serious Paranatural vibes, and it's a quick read. Nice.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

jng2058 posted:

I'd just like to take a moment to mention that despite being silent for a year and a half, Necropolis is back and updating more or less once a week now.

Also back are The Meek: https://www.meekcomic.com/

And Shaderunners: https://www.shaderunners.com/

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ashcans posted:

Whatever other failings Questionable Content has, Jeph does seem to have a pretty uncanny bead on small non-profit operations.
I also appreciate that Roko's arc is realizing that being a cop doesn't actually help people and trying to find something that does.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
My favorite thing about the current kerfuffle in Sleepless Domain is how it's perfectly designed to be insanely triggering for Undine. The last time she helplessly watched her group of friends devolve into dumb teenage squabbling, it went pretty badly.

It makes me wonder if she's going to explode in an un-Undine-like fashion. If she yells at them some abbreviated version of how Team Alchemical died because they started in-fighting just like this, it could be a very unfortunate time for Tessa to show up and misinterpret what she hears.

I don't think this will happen, but it's an intriguing disaster scenario. It would play with the expectation that HP is going to show up and increase the tension.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Never Satisfied: Looks like one of our big theories just got confirmed.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Sleepless Domain - God, this is not going to end untill someone jumps this idiot and if there's a merciful god it'll be a monster / goops.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Undine is definintely about to have an outburst.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cassidy posted:

Unlike you, I know not to nose my way into other people's relationships

:ironicat:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

Never Satisfied: Looks like one of our big theories just got confirmed.

I am seriously concerned that we haven't seen Fidelia's face since she bust in here, there seem to be equal chances that she'll be actually crying/etc emotionally or leering like a hungering ghoul. :ohdear:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
https://www.monster-pulse.com/comic/page-20-chapter-36

Today's Monster Pulse is nice. I'm glad this worked out at least. Sort of still waiting for something to go wrong though.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Ashcans posted:

I am seriously concerned that we haven't seen Fidelia's face since she bust in here, there seem to be equal chances that she'll be actually crying/etc emotionally or leering like a hungering ghoul. :ohdear:

What do the thorns around the page tell you :v:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Kojiro posted:

What do the thorns around the page tell you :v:

Fidelia is actually a good and nice mom who wants to protect her child from any danger, those are completely protective and not at all ominous foreshadowing of like, imprisonment or anything!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

https://www.monster-pulse.com/comic/page-20-chapter-36

Today's Monster Pulse is nice. I'm glad this worked out at least. Sort of still waiting for something to go wrong though.

next page: Hey how about you fuse with your monster and we can be t o g e t h e r f o r e v e r you will literaly not feel any time pass : )

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I figured Bina's implied longevity was relating to her being fused with her heart. So other kids probably wouldn't have the same result. Is that not the case?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Malpais Legate posted:

I figured Bina's implied longevity was relating to her being fused with her heart. So other kids probably wouldn't have the same result. Is that not the case?

Could go either way. They were originally short-lived because of having to share their life-force like that, so having the life force monster be part of you might have the reverse effect. On the other hand, Ayo specifically put out a lot of power, so it might be specific to them.

Saw ads for My Delirium Alcazar here on the forums and gave it a read. I like it! Has a lot of the same vibe as All Night Laundry did, right down to the protagonist having a complicated history with leaving behind an ex-girlfriend.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ashcans posted:

I think your first mistake is seeing them as mutually exclusive. Fidelia can be actually crying and emotional but also be a hungering ghoul. :shepface:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think your first mistake is seeing them as mutually exclusive. Fidelia can be actually crying and emotional but also be a hungering ghoul. :shepface:

She will never be satisfied.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Malpais Legate posted:

My read is that because they're now a weird monster/human hybrid rather than just a human like the head girl became, there's sciencesciencscience that gives them extra longevity and other misc powers like floating and stuff. Basically if being separated was a net loss, then this merger of effectively 2 beings is a net gain on everything.
I'd be very surprised if merging Abel with his montster wouldn't have similar effects, even if Binayo winds up being stronger over all because of how strong her monster was to begin with.

At the very least Maugras' talk with Bina doesn't throw suspicion that the longevity is specific to her monster.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Oh man, the fuse has been lit and now we all have to take cover from the inevitable explosion.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

IronSaber posted:

Oh man, the fuse has been lit and now we all have to take cover from the inevitable explosion.

Cass: "I AM A VICTIM! BLAH BLAH BL-"
*HP comes out of nowhere and sucker punches her*
*Smash Cut to End of Chapter Interlude and Guest Pages*

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am a little concerned that if Undine has an Emotional Power Explosion, the scissors that Cassidy just dropped would go flying into...someone...:ohdear:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What I want to happen: HP comes in just in time to see Cassidy being absolutely awful to Undine, and tears into her for it, ejecting her from the team for the disharmony she causes and that she ATTACKED another magical girl. Cassidy can't deal with the fact that she's the one who has to lie in the can of worms she opened and blames Undine. Cassidy goes dark magical girl because if no one else will see what Undine is, she'll just have to force them to see it.

We get a real antagonist with understandable motivations who still absolutely deserves to get a smackdown without being moustache twirling evil.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a little concerned that if Undine has an Emotional Power Explosion, the scissors that Cassidy just dropped would go flying into...someone...:ohdear:

I think undine's come down off the surge of emotions from cassidy making her angry and then upset so there'sssss probably not going to be an emotional explosion from undine just wanting everyone to stop.

I think if another fight breaks out it'd probably be between Bud & Cassidy at this rate, but who knows, this could all just end with a lot of anger, venting & tears

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

rannum posted:

I think undine's come down off the surge of emotions from cassidy making her angry and then upset so there'sssss probably not going to be an emotional explosion from undine just wanting everyone to stop.

I think if another fight breaks out it'd probably be between Bud & Cassidy at this rate, but who knows, this could all just end with a lot of anger, venting & tears

I’ll bet it’s this

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

PMush Perfect posted:

What I want to happen: HP comes in just in time to see Cassidy being absolutely awful to Undine, and tears into her for it, ejecting her from the team for the disharmony she causes and that she ATTACKED another magical girl. Cassidy can't deal with the fact that she's the one who has to lie in the can of worms she opened and blames Undine. Cassidy goes dark magical girl because if no one else will see what Undine is, she'll just have to force them to see it.

We get a real antagonist with understandable motivations who still absolutely deserves to get a smackdown without being moustache twirling evil.

I dunno, I think as outlined that would be pretty one-sided, Cassidy would mostly just come off as an incredibly huge jerk. Rather than a teenager-sized big jerk.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Wanted to give a plug to fellow goon 3's new (literally, first post today) webcomic A Distant Sky.

What's it about? I don't know yet. Let's find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh wait, Monster Pulse is written by the artist that the Gunnerkrigg Court dude married a year or so back?