Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Meant to get this up yesterday, but got bogged down with work. On the other hand, I finished recording all the substories for this game last night!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Huh, I'd honestly expect Marina in that position before Yamanoi

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I still think Kuze’s dynamic ambush of Kiryu in this video is one of the most awesome moments in the series, lackluster fight following it notwithstanding. Awano remains a guy Kiryu really should smack but for whatever reason does not.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Absolutely flummoxed by your pronunciation of "Himalayan"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Awano wont actually kill Kiryu because hes the golden ticket. Hes the only lead to Tachibana and the empty lot.

Also never mind that Kiryu manages most all of Kamurocho now and is pulling in huge amounts of sweet bubble cash.
30 billion yen in 1988 is about 230 million 1988 USD.

Which is a about 35 billion in 2020 Yen, but a cool 700 million in 2020 dollars.

(looking at inflation rates between 1988 and now Japan has had an 18% rate, while the US has 122%, this explains the huge figure, but they are roughly equivalent in buying power)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 21, 2020

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for this being late, I got caught up doing work stuff yesterday.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
So that's what the Fist of the North Star club minigame is based off of.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The thumbnail told me all I needed to know about this episode.

:allears:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I like the Cabaret club stuff! I hope you recorded some of the running of the club later on when you have more options?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oh don’t worry about that! Before this thread went live, the milestone I set for myself that I wanted to hit was “have all of the Cabaret storyline recorded” because I knew I’d just do it all once it was available and I’d rather not do ~1.5 months worth of episodes about this all in a row. So needless to say, the whole thing (and like 99% of the game, at this point) is all squared away!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I get why they put this cabaret club stuff at this point, because it gives the player a bit of downtime from running from point of no return to point of no return. But it feels so weird, story wise.

Majima is supposed to be literally being hunted for not killing Makoto, to the point where he's going to skip town alltogether once the other party finishes arrangements.
But now he's going to leisurely take several days to manage a cabaret club besides his own cabaret (which would be the first place they'd come looking for him) and train girls to hostess gooder. While also taking down a burgeoning empire of cabaret clubs because they'd cause trouble for the Grand, and thus him, even though he's skipping town and shouldn't give a poo poo about the Grand's future.

Maybe I just missed a thing and am misinterpreting the story.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Geemer posted:

I get why they put this cabaret club stuff at this point, because it gives the player a bit of downtime from running from point of no return to point of no return. But it feels so weird, story wise.

Majima is supposed to be literally being hunted for not killing Makoto, to the point where he's going to skip town alltogether once the other party finishes arrangements.
But now he's going to leisurely take several days to manage a cabaret club besides his own cabaret (which would be the first place they'd come looking for him) and train girls to hostess gooder. While also taking down a burgeoning empire of cabaret clubs because they'd cause trouble for the Grand, and thus him, even though he's skipping town and shouldn't give a poo poo about the Grand's future.

Maybe I just missed a thing and am misinterpreting the story.

Nope, its just like that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

JobboFett posted:

Aren't these the same guys you beat up 3 minutes ago?
they got wristslapped with sixers but were so mad they immediately reregged.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That cop was all "Oh poo poo, the guy I'm on the take from is telling me to arrest him?"

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can't wait to see how Nishitani manages to further influence Majima :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:suspense: That sure is a way to end a chapter.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
RIP Lee. Your look was cool but not cool enough to overshadow Saejima’s look from Yakuza 4 despite him adopting your look next game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I feel that the reluctance to pay for new kidneys might have to do with where those kidneys came for. The guy (can't remember his name,) might just feel that it is wrong for him to pay to skip the line or buy some desperate persons/murder victims kidney on the black market.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Probably pretty hard to get on a transplant list if you're not a citizen.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Don’t you have to take anti-rejection medication for the rest of your life after an organ transplant?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Anybody else forget who Shinji was when they first played this mission and then have to read plot summaries of Yakuza 1 to remember?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for the late upload, I got caught up doing work stuff yesterday and this slipped my mind.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 13, 2020

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Bacchus- “Boy, I think you’re being rougher than I intended...”

Kiryu- “Hands and feet make pretty deadly weapons when used correctly. Just because I don’t have a knife or gun doesn’t mean I’ll go easy on you.”

Hit man- “Uh, yeah, I get that.”

This is one of my favorite dialogue exchanges in the game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apologies for the late upload, I got caught up doing work stuff yesterday and this slipped my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012