Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

bollig posted:

posted today

My father's lovely new wife posted something just like this years back. Hers had something to the effect of "I lost too many loved ones in the towers" (we only knew one person who was a firefighter who signed up to do exactly what he did) in conjunction with an imaginary Muslim demonstration at which it was implied she wanted to open fire with an automatic weapon. I've been disowned from the family for being the only one to call her out on it instead of giving a heart react (apparently I'm the bigot for not tolerating their thousand flavors of bigotry).

Common features between the two: Implying the terrorists weren't people, that everyone else forgot this happened because they don't want all brown people dead, playing the victim and pretending anyone cares they're posting this poo poo.

Also "god bless all who were lost", which if you think about it includes the terrorists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Medullah posted:

My favorite twin towers ones are the ones where they completely forget most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and we still are BFFs with them. My dad posts one here and there with Ilhan Omar super imposed saying "never forget those that seek to destroy America"

Just going off of the people my dad follows on Facebook, I get the strong impression that most Republicans today believe that Ilhan Omar had a fairly substantial role in organizing 9/11.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Just going off of the people my dad follows on Facebook, I get the strong impression that most Republicans today believe that Ilhan Omar had a fairly substantial role in organizing 9/11.

My dad and uncle frequently post the Ilhan Omar at an Al-Queada training facility picture.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Medullah posted:

My favorite twin towers ones are the ones where they completely forget most of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and we still are BFFs with them. My dad posts one here and there with Ilhan Omar super imposed saying "never forget those that seek to destroy America"

The only proper response to that is the ORB photo.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
All I think of is Clickhole's take on those kinds of posts:

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Hmm.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I don't get it, is Mark Levin posting or perusing?

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

2 people who shared these are actually related to me what the gently caress

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Also my children won't let me see my grandkids, the ungrateful fucks!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Maybe Joe Rogan should be the new carona virus tsar.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Invalid Validation posted:

Maybe Joe Rogan should be the new carona virus tsar.

A guy who will admit he doesn't know anything and will defer to the experts? Wouldn't be the worst thing.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Joe Rogan would be the best president in years, as long as it's a Gravel teens kinda situation and he's being controlled by antifa furries or whatever.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Rogan would have the worst team of rivals cabinet.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
He would make the gorilla channel real that's for sure.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The idea of a Joe Rogan presidency is even funnier if you're familiar with his "We Can Go Dumber" bit

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/GCNjrzl.jpg:nws:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 3, 2020

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I feel this person would whole heartedly support Japanese internment camps in the year of our Lord 2020.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Wrong unit of measure. Within 19 months of September 11, 2001, the US forgot the war on terror was with Afghanistan and started going after Iraq instead.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The war wasn't with Afghanistan either. The Taliban government offered to help the US to deal with AQ, but that just wasn't enough. So instead there was 19 years of war, ending with the Taliban pretty much right back where they started, and a deal made between the US and the Taliban to deal with AQ.

The whole thing was monumentally loving stupid, and everybody who died, lost limbs or got traumatized during the war did so for absolutely nothing.

But on the bright side, the arms companies made a lot of money.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Sweden lost 5 soldiers in the Afghanistan war and they haunt us to this day just from the monumental levels of "what the gently caress were you idiots doing there?" as the occasional right winger tries to whip up "are troops" sentiments.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Katt posted:

Sweden lost 5 soldiers in the Afghanistan war and they haunt us to this day just from the monumental levels of "what the gently caress were you idiots doing there?" as the occasional right winger tries to whip up "are troops" sentiments.

Meanwhile in the US, the imagined Troops who will be lost defending cowardly Stockholm against russian invaders if we decrease the defence budget by 1% turns out millions of voters.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Meanwhile in the US, the imagined Troops who will be lost defending cowardly Stockholm against russian invaders if we decrease the defence budget by 1% turns out millions of voters.

You can keep them because the current mood is that the US will 100% gently caress up any rescue effort and an EU based force is a better long term solution.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Katt posted:

You can keep them because the current mood is that the US will 100% gently caress up any rescue effort and an EU based force is a better long term solution.

Don't worry friend, we're comin' in either way.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Don't worry friend, we're comin' in either way.

gently caress you, we have no oil! Only pickled fish. Go liberate Norway.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Does this belong here? It's no lovely racist meme or screed but I'm gobsmacked by "radical moderate."

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The most extreme of non-opinions!

Basically he absolutely doesn't want to be confronted by the consequences of his vote

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Someone I went to HS with posted this a couple days and the replies are filled with other classmates tripping over themselves about how "everyone needs to reed this"

https://regiehammblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/27/birth-of-a-virus/?fbclid=IwAR1Dtypry9FsT64_-CYyA392mpc30yFmFCMNOuy9pSSO-b5nZ2xMxEUJHpA

My favorite part is when the author just comes out and admits he'd gone to China while thinking people there were "inferior"

quote:

it dawned on me what I was seeing and what I had been seeing this whole time. I wasn’t watching a “backward” culture or a third-world society. These people weren’t genetically inferior to first-worlders. They weren’t “less-evolved” than I was.

I'm so glad I got out of the South

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

Does this belong here? It's no lovely racist meme or screed but I'm gobsmacked by "radical moderate."

I had a high school English teacher who described herself as a radical moderate. She was actually very cool and good, especially since it was a bug-gently caress insane evangelical school absolutely packed full of fundies. She was probably one of 3 or 4 faculty members who didn't believe the Rapture was coming any day now.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

I guess you go around connecting hot and cold water lines together? Given the current two parties, maybe they mean "radical holder of the status quo", so they'd match against any bills that weren't just extensions?

I'll bet that person also uses the phrase "normal routine". :commissar:

ps: Ask them how they're different from a moderate radical.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How are u posted:

I had a high school English teacher who described herself as a radical moderate. She was actually very cool and good, especially since it was a bug-gently caress insane evangelical school absolutely packed full of fundies. She was probably one of 3 or 4 faculty members who didn't believe the Rapture was coming any day now.

One of my middle school teachers told us her political philosophy is "All things in moderation, even moderation."

I don't know what the gently caress that means and she didn't elaborate, but I guess it's okay to be radical on a moderate amount of things? idk

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Just think, the people who share this are doing so out of pride of all things.

"Oh you're dating a POC and voting for a different party? Guess you leave me no choice but to steal all of your belongings and sell them before never speaking to you again."

I'm sure "it's just a JOKE!!" if you call them out though.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

VitalSigns posted:

One of my middle school teachers told us her political philosophy is "All things in moderation, even moderation."

I don't know what the gently caress that means and she didn't elaborate, but I guess it's okay to be radical on a moderate amount of things? idk

"generally don't go wild with things, but sometimes you have to go wild with things"

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Grimdude posted:

Just think, the people who share this are doing so out of pride of all things.

"Oh you're dating a POC and voting for a different party? Guess you leave me no choice but to steal all of your belongings and sell them before never speaking to you again."

I'm sure "it's just a JOKE!!" if you call them out though.

There is a Canadian energy company that produced a logo depicting Greta Thunberg being raped.

These people think that history will see them as the good guys. Just let that marinate for a while.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

VitalSigns posted:

Look, I'm willing to guillotine only *some* of the rich, so long as the rest are willing to give up their wealth and live out their days in squalor. Don't say I'm not open to compromise

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Guillotine the exact minimum it takes to get the required result. We aren't animals after all.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

VitalSigns posted:

It doesn't mean anything. It's a stupid platitude that they just conjured up to seem less ignorant.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

luxury handset posted:

"generally don't go wild with things, but sometimes you have to go wild with things"

Yeah I know what the words mean, I don't know what that philosophy means.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Err on the side of moderation/conservatism by default, but wild out when some arbitrary threshold you set is crossed or met.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Grimdude posted:

It doesn't mean anything. It's a stupid platitude that they just conjured up to seem less ignorant.

I think pretty much all centrism is just people not understanding the issues, but having an ego big enough that they can't accept they don't understand. So they act like they're oh-so-wise and above all the partisan sheeple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah I know what the words mean, I don't know what that philosophy means.

When it's a philosophy people actually reason out and try to apply?

"Don't get consumed by vice and extravagance, but you don't have to live like a monk in the name of 'moderation' either."

Or a more political interpretation:

"Don't fall in with extremists, but don't back something solely because it's in the middle of the road."

When it's a cute saying someone has? Probably exactly the opposite, like someone posting the Statue of Liberty as part of some anti-immigrant meme.