Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

This year the party must be absolutely off the chain!

What do you have against chain chomps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
          

VideoGames posted:

This year the party must be absolutely off the chain!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Andrast posted:

Yeah definitely no misogynist garbage in star wars or marvel related comments

Y'know I'd managed to avoid all that somehow, I guess by not being interested in either franchise (all I remember years ago were slapfights about who was stronger and I kinda miss that tbh). Just taken a look and yeah, guy nerds are really oversensitive aren't they? Why are they all massive pissbabies??

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's just gatekeeping entitlement that stems all the way back to games, comic books, "nerd" culture being pushed as "for boys". It's very deeply rooted in the hobbies themselves and the only proven way to make it go away unfortunately has been to slowly erode it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1233241004582621186?s=19

This game looks kickin rad.

The merch site shows a statue of the double butthole cat licking it's buttholes as coming soon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am always down for more sick music by doseone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Nfw9bBodI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzWiFjsbM0&t=66s

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

CJacobs posted:

I am always down for more sick music by doseone

Iirc the story of his track in nuclear their goes like Jukio sent an email asking if he'd do it and then without ever actually replying yes he sent the demo for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og243Dom4Sw

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I got a decent bump to my paycheck for working overtime recently and I’m having to finally come to teens with my inability to play everything I want. I was looking at a lack Ops 4 and Tekken 7, but I’ve back into Monster Hunter World with the Iceborne expansion and I simply don’t have the time to play anything else.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

SeXReX posted:

The merch site shows a statue of the double butthole cat licking it's buttholes as coming soon

This is the blackest game I've ever seen, I love it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hopefully it'll pop over to steam too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SeXReX posted:

Does the piss button only work on toilets

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a failure as a Strand Type Game if so.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You're paying extra for their save files

I got FF4DS used and the previous owner had given up 2/3rds of the way through so I finished his quest for him. I hope you're still out there 'Cecil'

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

That's one thing I really miss, renting cart games and seeing weird saves.

There should be a feature in emulators where it swaps everyone's save files around randomly once a week

I managed to rent the same OoT cart multiple times that had a file called GotBalls that I'd mess around in sometimes and years later I met another person who played that file

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Feb 28, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Three save files named "Mike", "Bobby", and "SHUTUPBOBBY"

edit: Three save files named "1", "2", and "4"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

SeXReX posted:

I've been on my Binding of Isaac binge lately but I've taken the time to buy and play SYNTHETIK and man it loving owns

My quest to replace my game library with roguelikes continues

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

He did a track for the art collective Meow Wolf and it plays in a room at their facility in New Mexico. There's buttons and dials in the room that add different effects to the sound as you stand in it but there's no clean track available of it anywhere and it makes me sad. The closest analog I can make to it is the Lair of the Lead Lord.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

You're paying extra for their save files

I got FF4DS used and the previous owner had given up 2/3rds of the way through so I finished his quest for him. I hope you're still out there 'Cecil'

shout out to the guy who owned my copy of ogre battle 64 first and clearly gamesharked their way to the final battle

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

Well that's getting slammed into my switch's game hole

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
What save slot did y'all save your games into? I was always a slot 3 buddy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

1 because I'm not a loving psychopath

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

y'all ever save over your sibling's slot on the ol' secret of mana cartridge by accident

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yes but I blamed it on faulty hardware

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Awesome Animals posted:

What save slot did y'all save your games into? I was always a slot 3 buddy.

slot 1 and if it lets me go up to the highest one also the highest one as a backup

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I accidentally saved over my friends Syndicate save once

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

lmao at people slamming cash down on the table for the privilege of owning a product that may not work and literally may never be finished or fixed

Is it less illegal to download-share an unreleased game?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Cowcaster posted:

y'all ever save over your sibling's slot on the ol' secret of mana cartridge by accident

That's why I saved to slot 3

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i once pretended that my cousins had got onto my super nintendo and deleted my earthbound saves because i got to giygas and it scared the poo poo out of me and i still wanted to play the game but not that part of the game.

one of them got me back by being a literal baby and sneaking off to my games where he played with and snapped in half ffvii disc 2 and breath of fire 3

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

That's why I saved to slot 3

Between two baby sisters on one side, and two rascally younger brothers on the other, the last available slot was simply the safest and least likely place to be casually overwritten by a siblette

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Always slot 2 because I like the number 2 most out of 1 2 and 3.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

VideoGames posted:

Always slot 2 because I like the number 2 most out of 1 2 and 3.

BREAKING: Video Games Loves Number Two. It Is Their Favorite.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am currently using Slots 1-15 in Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Since I played Fallout New Vegas on PC I kept 50 separate saves just in case I ran into problems

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
my default actually is making a new save every time if the game lets me, especially on PC, but if they're numbered slots I got 1 and then highest if it lets you.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I play all my games on Ironman mode

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

my default actually is making a new save every time if the game lets me, especially on PC, but if they're numbered slots I got 1 and then highest if it lets you.

this is my standard operating procedure now too. i also prefer games that write a new save for each time you mash the quicksave button instead of just having a single floating quicksave slot but those are few and far between. checkpoint saves only are the worst.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Jay Rust posted:

I play all my games on Ironman mode

Reminds me of a game me and my friend used to do where we picked a video game and played as long as we could without dying.

I dont think I've ever beaten MGS4 on Extreme this way.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

After skipping gen3 I was getting back in to Pokemon with diamond and then on vacation with my spoiled rear end little cousin he pulled my DS out of my bag while I was out of the house doing something and killed the legendary I was saved in front of, then saved.

I haven't touched Pokemon since

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
A friend lent me their copy of Final Fantasy 6 and they had a real end game save with tons of hours on it. I don’t remember the specifics but I think I accidentally jostled the SNES while it was on and wound up deleting all the saves. The guy wasn’t a dick about it but I could tell he was disappointed.

Later I lent my copy of FFVII to someone and they said the second disc just snapped in half inside the console while it was on. Another friend borrowed Xenogears for months and I kept asking for it back. Eventually he said he lost it so I saved up and bought another copy. Then he was like “dude I had out the whole time I’m sorry”.

Ugh, people

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
When I first got the original Secret of Monkey Island, I didn't know save games were even a thing, so I went halfway through the game through repeat attempts before being told how to access the save menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Microsoft tried to save you from these problems by banning trading. If only we had listened.