Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kaethela posted:

Do we have any idea what the Pocket Camp rewards are going to look like? I re-downloaded that pos specifically for the free poo poo and I really don't want to have it on my phone any longer than is necessary.

Just what they showed off in the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Also those Blathers screens came from Gamespot's video, that has the best audio at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJzbHaEENgo

I especially like the music in the second half.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cattail Prophet posted:

*Gestures vaguely in the direction of Fire Emblem: Three Houses*

Oh yeah sorry I should have said good gay content.

Ahhhh yes there it is, thank goodness.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Most of the special townsfolk never get involved in relationships, they're too busy working to pursue any.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Shoehead posted:

Oh yeah sorry I should have said good gay content.

Uhhh

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Since we're about to talk about Fire Emblem, how does everyone feel about the crossover furniture?

It would be cool to have the weapons that Byleth has in Smash to hang on your wall and the Monster Hunter set in New Leaf was badass, so I hope it comes back expanded so I can put a Rathalos in my town.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The crossover furniture is all goofy but I enjoy seeing it and I might actually find places for that stuff outside now that we can decorate the island

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I enjoy crossover furniture because I’m a nerd and thus like to have a nerd room in my fake house.

Plus it’s cute and optional and has always been there, if you count the NESes.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I wouldn't mind an Fe furniture set

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1233105072902590465

Oh... my god?? This was the number one thing I wanted and they actually did it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I hope that ocarina really was playable and I also hope that there are other instruments so I can start an animal crossing band

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Ya, there's no way they only did animations for the ocarina. Even in Pocket Camp all the animals play instruments.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

This is like some version of Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times right?

Just bringing this post from the first page back up because between the playable instrument and the literal magic wand it has gotten a lot funnier.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Bleck posted:

I hope that ocarina really was playable and I also hope that there are other instruments so I can start an animal crossing band
Yeah, we saw a player playing it and making sound and everything in one of the Japanese commercials.

No way it's only the ocarina that's playable. We essentially have confirmation that animal crossing bands are possible.

The only question is if it's still "press A for a random note", or if you can somehow choose your notes. Probably the former, which would still be fun, but being able to actually play music would own.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

How does multiplayer work in this game? Mad amounts of nostalgia of when I used to play AC on the GameCube with my sis and we shared a save and spent days planting hundreds of tree seeds to have our own orchard.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Qubee posted:

How does multiplayer work in this game? Mad amounts of nostalgia of when I used to play AC on the GameCube with my sis and we shared a save and spent days planting hundreds of tree seeds to have our own orchard.

There's local and online.

Local can have up to four people on the same island, but you follow New Super Mario Bros. rule where the camera is focused on one person, but you can change out who it follows super easily.

Online can have up to 8 people, but if you want to work together on orchard you have mark your friends as best friends otherwise they can't pull out tools that could potentially wreck your island.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Qubee posted:

You can also just play the old way with different switch profiles, if that's your thing.
...except that you can't pass around a memory card anymore like we used to do at school :(

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 28, 2020

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Eiba posted:

The only question is if it's still "press A for a random note", or if you can somehow choose your notes. Probably the former, which would still be fun, but being able to actually play music would own.

How did instruments work in previous games? Honestly cannot remember if it was random or town tune or something else.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Local sounds frustrating with the whole camera focus thing. It sucks that you can't go off doing your own thing on another part of the island. I'd take optional splitscreen over that. What do the people who are unfocused do, just wait for the main person to get closer?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1233464672365481984?s=20

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
maybe after paying off your house for the third time or w/e you'll get a wii u in the mail so you can play failed wii u titles :pray:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Qubee posted:

Local sounds frustrating with the whole camera focus thing. It sucks that you can't go off doing your own thing on another part of the island. I'd take optional splitscreen over that. What do the people who are unfocused do, just wait for the main person to get closer?

Form the videos I've seen they can't go beyond the camera and if the leader walks off and leaves them behind they poof up next to them.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

prepuce repurposed posted:

maybe after paying off your house for the third time or w/e you'll get a wii u in the mail so you can play failed wii u titles :pray:

no chance of that, nintendo has spent the last few years porting their failed wii u titles to switch and selling them at full price.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Really can't wait to play this, 16 years later and I'm hoping it captures some of the magic from the first one I played.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

prepuce repurposed posted:

No need, all of the good Wii U exclusives either got ported to Switch or got a sequel. Except Mario 3D World, which is just a travesty.

E;fb

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

enojy posted:

No need, all of the good Wii U exclusives either got ported to Switch or got a sequel. Except Mario 3D World, which is just a travesty.

Pikmin 3 didn't :colbert:

Also I want Xenoblade Chronicles X

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1230553349805744128?s=19

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1233511554559225856?s=20

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Baby T. Love posted:

You can also just play the old way with different switch profiles, if that's your thing.
...except that you can't pass around a memory card anymore like we used to do at school :(

Wait, what about profiles? If my wife has her own profile on our Switch, can she then have her own island?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Thwomp posted:

Wait, what about profiles? If my wife has her own profile on our Switch, can she then have her own island?

No, there’s one island per Switch. Every profile is a different player character.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Kaethela posted:

How did instruments work in previous games? Honestly cannot remember if it was random or town tune or something else.
If you interacted with an instrument it would play a random note. You could tap it to the beat of the music playing in the room and it sounded vaguely like you were trying to help.

Qubee posted:

Think of it more like taking turns playing, but the person not actively playing can kind of run around the person that is currently doing stuff. And you can swap who's active on the fly.

Also, with all this talk of "local" and "online" it should be noted that if you have two switches, but no internet, you can still visit each other's town locally.

Thwomp posted:

One island per switch, unfortunately. Different profiles are required for different players on the same island.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1233551193303080960?s=20

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i will put stolen wares in the drop box despite the tweet's recommendation not to

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I thought shops were open all night though? Unless they close for specific events.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

I thought shops were open all night though? Unless they close for specific events.
Resident Services was 24 hours, and it's the shop in the early game. I don't think we had confirmation on the other shops, so this is indirectly confirming that the Nooklings do indeed go to sleep for the night once they escape their uncle's oppressive gaze.

Looks like graduating from camp to town brings some limitations, in addition to new opportunities. Really mild limitations, but still. I like it. A more gentle tutorial followed by a slightly "tougher" main game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dazerbeams posted:

I think it's just Resident Services that's open 24 hours, which does have a smaller shop in it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just hope the store still goes through its upgrades

Like I don't know why it wouldn't but I still like the big gaudy supermarket that New Leaf got by the end of it

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Gravy Jones posted:

Really surprised at the lack of a themed switch lite.

Related Q: My wife wants to get a dedicated switch lite so she can play whenever. Can the same copy/island/save game also be played on our regular switch so she can play on the TV occasionally as well.. and if yes, how much of a pain in the rear end is it to do? I've tried to read up on this myself but the answers are confusing the hell out of me.

From a page back but unless Nintendo has said otherwise it should be possible to transfer (not copy) your save from one switch to another

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45047/

It doesn't seem super convenient but the option is there.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just hope the store still goes through its upgrades

Like I don't know why it wouldn't but I still like the big gaudy supermarket that New Leaf got by the end of it
I'm far more conflicted.

On the one hand, we have far more control over our town's aesthetic than every before. Being able to just place furniture anywhere lets us create all sorts of atmospheres. I played Happy Home Designer. There's a ton of different feelings you can evoke with different combinations of Animal Crossing furniture. Maybe I want a sleepy small town feeling. Maybe I want something more rural or rustic.

On the other hand, big flashy reward: yes please!

In conclusion, I would like three different flavors of big gaudy supermarkets to chose from, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I can't wait to really get into this and have complete choice paralysis on how I want my town and house to look.