Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm going to be a company owner in a month and I'm seriously considering putting a whiskey decanter in my office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Allegedly my grandad would drink a six pack on the way into work at the refinery, way back when. I believe this because he was a goddamn alcoholic. He also did some night work for the union (but likely the mafia) at one point involving a rifle and some trucks getting disabled. When he died we found a large cache of guns hidden in false wall in the attic, and AP rounds...so I guess the story was likely.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pacra posted:

I'm not sure what's going on here but it seems OSHA. Anchor chain inspection?

Looks like it's in an open well ventilated area but that's potentially OSHA as gently caress, lotta people die in chain lockers because all the O2 stops being a gas and starts being rust

https://www.taproot.com/the-crew-of...ed-space-3-die/

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

When I worked in sales from home I would usually get a sixer on my lunch break and my sales would steadily climb in the afternoon. I avoided getting all the way drunk but there’s something to the ol’ ballmer curve for some kinds of work.

Not construction, though.
This is pretty much how my :350: on the job works out. Almost every time I've had a customer go out of their way to tell my boss how friendly and helpful I was I've been stoned, where sober I'm known for being the guy who's a blunt rear end in a top hat but gets the problems solved.

IMO people who work in customer service should be encouraged to be mildly stoned. There is definitely a ballmer curve to it where your ability to tolerate shitheads goes through the roof before your ability to do things falls off.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

My favorite boss ever was the owner of the company I worked for at the time. He was an insane Cajun from the gulf coast of Mississippi, prone to the occasional raging outburst but otherwise charismatic as all hell.

Friday afternoons after hours he'd buy beer and let the employees bring it in (like, people made beer runs on their lunch breaks) and we'd all just chill for an hour or so drinking and shooting the poo poo. It was great for fostering employee morale and bonding.

I really miss that place sometimes.
Back when we still had an office before going full WFH we did the same thing, the office fridge always had beer and cola plus there were bottles of rum in the cabinet. Fridays after 3 or any other day after 5 it was fair game, and sometimes if there was a call that was obviously lovely the boss would plunk a glass of rum and coke on my desk.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

Looks like it's in an open well ventilated area but that's potentially OSHA as gently caress, lotta people die in chain lockers because all the O2 stops being a gas and starts being rust

Wow, been on this OSHA thread train since the beginning but this is a novel twist on suffocation for me. A novel , completely tragic twist

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

wolrah posted:

IMO people who work in customer service should be encouraged to be mildly stoned. There is definitely a ballmer curve to it where your ability to tolerate shitheads goes through the roof before your ability to do things falls off.

based on most of my retail experiences here, this is already law in southern california and has been for like 30 years at least

e — meanwhile, in Amsterdam
(linked for big-ness)

snugglz fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 28, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I work for a company that sells boats and there's beer in a mini fridge by the front desk, cases of champagne in the service area and the top salesman has a whole liquor cabinet in his office. I don't work with the sales guys, but I'd imagine that a whole lot of day drinking goes on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LifeSunDeath posted:

Allegedly my grandad would drink a six pack on the way into work at the refinery, way back when. I believe this because he was a goddamn alcoholic. He also did some night work for the union (but likely the mafia) at one point involving a rifle and some trucks getting disabled. When he died we found a large cache of guns hidden in false wall in the attic, and AP rounds...so I guess the story was likely.

How far was the trip to work? I wouldn't be able to drink a six pack of water that fast.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/LkGdIEa.mp4

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Literally the only time in history where "everybody clapped."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4CHrsaOHCk

I feel like they should have some guards around these...

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I worked at an aircraft repainting shop and when my boss would get the big rear end check for painting a plane or helicopter, he'd buy a couple of cases and we'd sit out on the hard stand, drinking and watching planes take off and land

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

And what have we learned...?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Pain

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

#blessed, for toast lovers and hash smokers

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/ZBCS5JK.mp4

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
^^ The OSHA there is that those hand rails get hit by micrometeors which create sharp burrs that can rip space gloves.

What use could something like this even have

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

^^ The OSHA there is that those hand rails get hit by micrometeors which create sharp burrs that can rip space gloves.

christmas lights!

when you hang them all outside and then realize you loving ran them the wrong way

thank you for osha-fying it ill appreciate not catching a 6

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Cojawfee posted:

Product description

Household 5-15P to Generator 5-15P
It is special use adapter cord.
Use when you need connect your generator of 5-15 receptacle to equipment with the order 5-15 receptacle.

It is not recommended by electricians, because of it is very easy to touch the terminal with power.

If you followed the right steps, it can be done safely.

What is right steps?
1. Turn off your main breaker.
2. Plugin all the plug to connector in both of two side.
3. Make sure first one step is complete.
4. Turn on your generator.
5. Don't pull any plugs out when generator working.
6. Turn off your generator when you don't want to use them.
7. Pull out the plug.

Color:Yellow Cable

You can get the cord or adapter in your need.

Please send your inquire to us by message.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cojawfee posted:

deniable suicide

seriously, that's their only possible use

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

KoRMaK posted:

Another, different, lear jet story with what looks like a near supersonic impact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BML2lfqaK-4
"Task saturated captain" is a phrase I'm going to start using at work more

When you gently caress up like this, they make charts and graphs to illustrate just how bad. Interesting that they blank out all of the names, I guess it is the errors that happened in general and not blaming people that makes reports like this so interesting.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I didn't understand why the transcripts had a #, I thought it was when the pilots swore but it didn't always make sense. Turns out # means "crackling voice", but I think maybe sometimes they used it to censor the pilots?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Among other things, don't have your earbuds in when using power tools

Like, I wonder if that was the causative factor, he snagged his earbuds and it caused him to jerk the buffer towards his beard.

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Preventing your children from watching unauthorized television. A former coworker’s dad replaced the end of their television’s cord with a female connector, and had one of these that he used to control access to television.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

EPICAC posted:

Preventing your children from watching unauthorized television.

by killing them

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Linked for a pretty big mp4.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oktrBbL

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

EPICAC posted:

Preventing your children from watching unauthorized television. A former coworker’s dad replaced the end of their television’s cord with a female connector, and had one of these that he used to control access to television.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: he could just as easily put a non-standard plug on there instead of making using an exposed conductor.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EPICAC posted:

:stonk:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I turned on sound and took a second to realize how dumb I was being.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Cojawfee posted:

they are also used by squatters, crack fiends, white trash and anyone who wants free power to get pixies to a single circuit. kill a breaker, run one end to an outlet off that breaker and the other to your neighbor’s outdoor outlet/a utility pole/generator and boom, ‘free’ power and lights to that circuit. however, if you plug it in the live side first, you’ve made the world’s smallest, shittiest arc welder taser

chitoryu12 posted:

I turned on sound and took a second to realize how dumb I was being.

because the endless vacuum of space has no noise? or because you were enjoying the ambient music?

e:I’m an idiot

snugglz fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 29, 2020

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBo-669iJHg

As seen in the schadenfreude thread, but not because of the lack of PPE!

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt

shame on an IGA posted:

More detail here: https://web.archive.org/web/20190824195429/http://maritimeaccident.org/library2/the-case-of-the-rusty-assassin/

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Cojawfee posted:

Connecting your generator to your house if you don't like having one installed the right way. Also very good at killing the people trying to fix the power line that caused your outage.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

everydayfalls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBo-669iJHg

As seen in the schadenfreude thread, but not because of the lack of PPE!

I was cringing the whole time, ended up very funny

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cojawfee posted:

This sounds fake, but it’s not.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Terms like “hypervelocity impact” and “micrometeor” don’t entirely capture the :black101: nature of a space rock hurtling along at speeds measured in km/sec and hitting humanity’s only space station.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

When you're this lucky head directly to buy a lotto ticket afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seance snacks