Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
related I got a text from my mom earlier, letting me know she had sent my brother and I each a two week supply of emergency meals "just in case!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Aww, that's lovely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, my going to the store and getting an extra week of groceries was at the behest of my mom, though a main point of concern was just making sure I had enough food and litter for my cat.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Relax Or DIE posted:

Yeah I was under the impression that GDQ was a gently caress party for nerds

I mean, for a lot of attendees it's one of the handful of times a year they see partners in LDRs so I kind of understand why they get it on a lot.

I assure you most of us are incredibly not getting laid

E. My sister works in infectious diseases, specifically quarantine, and hasn't sent me anything about covid so it's either not really that bad or so bad she's under gag order from her employeer about it

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 29, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I cannot believe you turned my assumption of a nerd orgy into a sweet reunion of long distance lovers, so wholesome, God bless speedrunning

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

I cannot believe you turned my assumption of a nerd orgy into a sweet reunion of long distance lovers, so wholesome, God bless speedrunning

i've heard there's a lot of loving at anime conventions from a very reliable source (no not the playboy letters section but i do only read it for the articles!)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well the White House is making CDC experts cancel their press appearances so

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Just found out the con thats hosting the local speedrun event I help organize next weekend is gonna have the local LARP group out there doing Demos I'm gonna see if I can wail on someone with a PVC pipe with some foam on it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Just found out the con thats hosting the local speedrun event I help organize next weekend is gonna have the local LARP group out there doing Demos I'm gonna see if I can wail on someone with a PVC pipe with some foam on it

i used to work with a guy who did society for creative anachronism, which is when they don't do fantasy roleplay but they still wear armor and beat the poo poo out of each other. he always want to some gigantic battle every year in pennsylvania or something, it was like 10,000 people he said.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well the White House is making CDC experts cancel their press appearances so
yeah expect a lot of "everything's fine, please stop crashing the stock market" while newspapers record a climbing death toll over the next 9-12 months

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know what game will be the best of 2020 yet but I have a good idea of what might be the worst

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1233614513917833217

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have tried beans with pasta and my brain cannot reconcile it, it recoils the same way whenever I see Brits with beans on toast.

Beans only work with rice and/or tortillas, I try to have an eclectic palate but I can't get past this

well it really depends on the bean

like you can make a chickpea work with anything imo. otoh kidney beans are a pox on all they touch

e: EXCEPT when being used as a thickening agent for chili but of course this means you've basically boiled them into a paste and are they really a bean at that point? hummus is not a bean

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

im just gonna buy the buttle pass, it's a better value imo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Diabotical started its closed beta today, there are some bugs and it's definitely a little rough around the edges but the core gameplay is fun as all heck and has a lot of polish on it. there's no thread for games that have risen from the dead that I could see or I would have posted about it where it truly belongs.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

Diabotical started its closed beta today, there are some bugs and it's definitely a little rough around the edges but the core gameplay is fun as all heck and has a lot of polish on it. there's no thread for games that have risen from the dead that I could see or I would have posted about it where it truly belongs.

Is 2GD still attached to that? I miss him from back in the day in esports circa the early GD Studio days.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hearing the details of what they're doing in China to stop the spread of covid19 is gnarly and cements my understanding that we're going to hit it pretty hard because no way Americans put up with what they're doing there.

It's smart to have a few weeks of food and sanitation products on hand for now.

Besides, being prepared and willing/able to follow recommended action is what helps others survive, even if you yourself aren't worried about getting sick.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Is 2GD still attached to that? I miss him from back in the day in esports circa the early GD Studio days.

yep, he is still the head of the project. here's the website for it so people can see a little of what it's about, its an arena shooter and a spiritual successor to Quake and its very rad

https://www.diabotical.com/

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I bet you a copy of Animal Crossing we'll all be fine and this time next year this will just be another bird flu or pan flu or mad cow or zika or vuvezelas.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I bet you a copy of Animal Crossing we'll all be fine and this time next year this will just be another bird flu or pan flu or mad cow or zika or vuvezelas.
sucker bet, haha can't wait to play my free copy of animal crossing when I'm dead

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Oh I'd bet money that nothing too drastic happens to this general games chat thread group. Americans are definitely gonna die though. And a good number of them. Mostly olds, but some younger folks too. Being prepped to respond to the threat is just as much helping slow the spread as it is to keep ones self from getting sick and as much as we can spread it out and slow it's spread, the better our poo poo healthcare system will be able to keep up with it and the better the overall outcome.

There's always a chance that as they continue to learn and to try everything to see what sticks that they'll find something that helps. The ONLY short term thing currently being looked at that might help are some anti-malaria drugs that they're testing to see if they help. We'll have that data sometime next week. Maybe that will be a turning point and we'll all laugh about it all but as the situation CURRENTLY stands, there's nothing to suggest in the science, and nothing that the government is yet doing that would lead one to expect anything except unhindered spread for the foreseeable future.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Next year is the year of the dog flu

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'll be honest I don't really entirely get how stockpiling a few weeks of food would even help.

Like, if an outbreak does occur, its not gonna just last a few weeks right? Its gonna be something we have to deal with for months. At least that was how I thought it was shaping up.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I work retail so not only am I at high risk, I'll be expected to come in while bleeding from my eyes

Though to be fair bleeding from the eyes is a side effect of retail work anyway

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mutata posted:

Oh I'd bet money that nothing too drastic happens to this general games chat thread group. Americans are definitely gonna die though.

Whitenoise posting on these forums is the entirety of my healthcare plan, so if that fails me I have no choice but to become a symbolic bioweapon. I'm really good at coughing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I work nights so my contact with groups of people is pretty non-existent as it is.

Plus next week I'll go take my bike in for a tune up and start biking to and from work, which means I'll only be around people at like 9AM one day a week while I go get groceries.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll be honest I don't really entirely get how stockpiling a few weeks of food would even help.

Like, if an outbreak does occur, its not gonna just last a few weeks right? Its gonna be something we have to deal with for months. At least that was how I thought it was shaping up.

Quarantines for people who have been in contact with someone who tests positive are recommended to be 14 days minimum to be sure as the incubation period can be around 14 days from getting the virus to exhibiting symptoms. Further, quarantine of exposed people is necessary because the virus can be passed to others anytime from 24 hours after exposure all the way through, including those 2 weeks before symptoms show up and sick people don't know they're sick.

If you're told you're required to quarantine (like the 700 people in New York yesterday), it will be immediately that minute and you'll be glad you have some poo poo to eat.

If we as a society move towards large scale containment strategies then that will be 4-6 weeks or more of isolation in homes as they're doing in China, which lol we'll see, but I can definitely see that happening in specific areas that have bad clusters of outbreak like cities.

In all cases it'll be best to be set up to comply. Again, this is all stuff that is actually happening in other places already, not hypothetical situations. It just depends on how our totally super capable administration wants to play it, which is another reason why I bought some extra cans of soup and beans this morning.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Do u order from Amazon? Could Amazon be same-day shipping us croney flue direct to our doorsteps? Can we get it from a toilet seat? What about clapping erasers, when I was a kid they always made sure to tell us we could still clap erasers if the other kids had AIDS.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Clapping erasers? Safe. Clapping asscheeks? Afraid not.

mutata fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 29, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
some things are worth dyin for!!!

p.s. got my first flu shot in my adult life at a CVS and paid freakin like 50 bucks for it this year and then they invented a new flu a week later. im onto them

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 29, 2020

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Songbearer posted:

I work retail so not only am I at high risk, I'll be expected to come in while bleeding from my eyes

Though to be fair bleeding from the eyes is a side effect of retail work anyway

my shipping facility processes ~1M packages a week and parts of it clearly haven't been cleaned since the 70s when it was first built. They're not going to shut down for even a second to disinfect anything so it's gonna be a loving mess if it ever gets into the system.

e. Watching my friend play Kunai tonight, looks pretty good. Closer to a linear action platformer than a backtrackathon which seems to be going the way of the dodo

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 29, 2020

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
So it's just about time to replace the PC I did all my gaming on, which dates back to 2010. There's a bunch of recent stuff I'd like to play - Control, Black Mesa, maybe Prey or Doom 2016 - but I don't know anything about what the hot new PC graphics gear is. Any recommendations on where to start?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

StandardVC10 posted:

So it's just about time to replace the PC I did all my gaming on, which dates back to 2010. There's a bunch of recent stuff I'd like to play - Control, Black Mesa, maybe Prey or Doom 2016 - but I don't know anything about what the hot new graphics gear is. Any recommendations on where to start?

that all kind of depends on your budget but if you get one of the RTX series cards from nvidia you can make control look excessively pretty

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
Doesn't matter if I starve in covid quarantine, what's important is that my cat stays fed. I can get by on my steam backlog.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is the coronavirus something that would even be as dangerous in the USA? I thought that a lot of the issues with it in China stemmed from a combination of poor living conditions, high population density, and not much control over what they can do about it. Was I wrong? I know only what I've read on the forums here and listened to from some podcasts and read in some articles.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have tried beans with pasta and my brain cannot reconcile it, it recoils the same way whenever I see Brits with beans on toast.

Beans only work with rice and/or tortillas, I try to have an eclectic palate but I can't get past this

What about beans made into pasta?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think a lot of it is gonna depend on where you are in the USA, because "poor living conditions" and "high population density" describes plenty of places here.

I'm not super concerned in suburban Connecticut but maybe I should be.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm not from USA but people living in ghettos and on the streets having no access health care sounds like a pretty big problem.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know about that but I mean in comparison to China

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If the Flu can spread in the US then so can the coronavirus.

It seems to be mostly dangerous for olds or otherwise immunocompromised people (like me :toot:) though

Andrast fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 29, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

This is kind of where I'm at mentally. Like I'm okay with going and getting a few extra groceries and things that are needed. That's cool. But everywhere I've seen is just 'get 2-3 weeks of food' like it'll be gone/dealt with by then, all while calling Trump a moron for thinking it'll be gone by April.

I get it just helps to avoid being around people and whatnot but the specific time gap being suggested has me more confused than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Dunno where else to post this, but I just finished Life is Strange 2 and... fuckin' wow.