Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Planted kumera and kangkong today, wish me luck goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Water restrictions drop back to level 1 here tomorrow, so I might plant some peas and beans along with some leafy greens.

Might take a trip to Bunnings an spend too much money on bulbs, too.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I got snow peas but I’m waiting for a solid week of rain or water restrictions to go down. I really thought there was gonna be more rain this week hence why I bought 7 trees

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Hydroponic Kangkong

Kumera

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I went to bunnings the other day and bought like $130 of screwdrivers

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McSpergin posted:

Some other goon (not sure who but they're on the discord) is kindly donating 2 TV's that they have handy

tis me, i'm around tomorrow arvo weeknight evenings. will send some more pics on discord later

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I remember when I was younger I got a temp job cleaning the stadium and every other person working for them was mentally disabled. I remember thinking "loving hell I gotta get my act together"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

Planted kumera and kangkong today, wish me luck goons

Good luck, the only time I use kangkong is in Gado Gado, which is great. You should make that with your first harvest.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

EoinCannon posted:

Good luck, the only time I use kangkong is in Gado Gado, which is great. You should make that with your first harvest.

I'm hoping to use the first couple "harvests" to take cutting to bulk up how many plants I have and then I'll start cutting to eat

Edit: my plan is to have an easy stir fry style meal in my garden that is made from perrenial plants
I got sambung very well established and I'm in the process of growing ginger and tumeric , as well as a few chili plants that I'm going to preserve when they fruit.

The kumera should help with that aswell

So asking as I have rice or noodles , of.some kind of bulky think to fry up I should be good for a few nights

Jestery fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 29, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

None of the ginger I planted has come up yet but my garlic is shooting up in its little seedling pot and probably needs to be transferred into the ground soon. I did buy a big ginger plant with multiple stalks that’s lookin real good

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Garlic chives isn't a bad idea, I'm trying to cook simpler dishes that are had over rice

Like heat oil, add paste, simmer with some stock or cooking wine

Add vegetables

Cover and let steam

Thicken sauce with cornstarch or something

Toss

Have over rice

I think garlic chives might be able to substitute for garlic in this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I ate some dope muffins and now I’m really struggling to find the motivation to get the last few things planted I’m thinking about pushing the mower around and attaining godhood and then returning to Samsara as soon as I put it away in the shed

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im pretty sure that some of the labels on chilli varieties brought at bunnings are just a guide and not actually the truth, because I have had a bunch of examples where I bought one type and its completely different. One turned out to be a drat capsicum, another is supposed to be a bhut jolokia, but its coming into fruit at the same time as the california reaper, with fruits that look like the california reaper and a growth pattern the same as the california reaper.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Pretty well done moving (just got a couple last few things in the VW), just gotta unpack. New place is lovely and breezy, I get to leave the doors open to let the breeze flow which is lush

Just knocked out a ten course tasting at Momofuku Seiobo for the girlfriend's birthday. Highly recommend. Had some grouse Marron with a Caribbean sauce

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Watching the Mardi Gras and trying to guess what job NVJ is doing.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Watching the Mardi Gras and trying to guess what job NVJ is doing.

I've seen a couple of bits of it cause my girlfriend is watching it. I got the shits at the teachers federation appearing because as a union they are an absolutely useless bunch of pricks who keep painting teachers further and further into a hole that we cannot get out of.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I got on the wrong side of the parade, and I'm suburbs over such that it is faster to catch a train back to join the right side...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The thing about the mardi gras is that it proceeds at about the same speed as sydney peak hour traffic.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm walking about as fast as the floats

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
oh god the furries

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Yep

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Moth fuckin time

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Are the fruit flies bad for anyone else at the moment? A couple of people I've talked to say they seem to be.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Please don't gently caress the moths

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

waking up screaming from a dream that I forgot the lubemobile number

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The dry weather seemed to knock the fruit flies down a peg, usually humidity allows them to boom

None of my mangoes have been affected, it's like the bar setter

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It looks like a good day to get the lawn mowed before we get more rain. I have a massive pile of poo poo to do for school though so it’ll just have to deal with it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Moth fuckin time

i wanna hold my cat up there like she's some kind of japanese movie monster devouring entire populations. Picking up your cat and having them eat a moth on the roof is a satisfying team hunting activity.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

There’s a classic car show in town and I’m thinking about going and sitting on the hill drinking and watching the drags for free

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

waking up screaming from a dream that I forgot the lubemobile number

firteen ... firty ... noooooooooo

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I've seen a couple of bits of it cause my girlfriend is watching it. I got the shits at the teachers federation appearing because as a union they are an absolutely useless bunch of pricks who keep painting teachers further and further into a hole that we cannot get out of.

Hey mate. I'm a couple of years out from completing my masters of teaching and would love to hear you expand on this. I'm a pretty big unionist so it'd be nice to dodge a bullet I don't have to take.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

XTimmy posted:

Hey mate. I'm a couple of years out from completing my masters of teaching and would love to hear you expand on this. I'm a pretty big unionist so it'd be nice to dodge a bullet I don't have to take.

Basically everytime we go to negotiate a pay agreement they seem to gently caress it up and make it worse. Theres a whole group of teachers that graduated between 2012 and 2016 that got screwed with their progression up the pay scale compared to those who started after 2016. This si because they came out with a new scale and they reach the top of the pay scale far faster than we do. They didn't spot it at the time and it only really became apparent when it started to affect people at the end of last year. Because I got moved onto the new scale I had to spend 3 years on the same pay because I had to serve out the time delay that the new scale has in it between payrises. A teacher with half my experience is on the same money that I am because of their progression up the scale. The solution that the teachers federation came up with only corrects the pay of teachers who started in 2015 or 16 and it involves fast tracking their progression. For me it has no affect as in the federations eyes I'm on "parity". They like to cast everything as it's the governments fault which it partly is but they also aren't willing to argue for peoples rights.

The same thing happened to teachers both in the catholic and private system as they have the same award. When it cam up their solution was to acknolwedge the problem, adjust peoples wages and backpay any difference that would occur. That's just one issue that exists working as a teacher in a government school but there are quite a few others that cause issues and things we've had for years get taken away from us during the different pay negociations over the years.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Something killed a tiny finch yesterday and I put a bucket over it bc I was knackered and I figured I’d just bury it tomorrow but I came back and it’s completely gone and the buckets been knocked away so uh that’s fine

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Months ago I bought Kikagaku Moyo tickets and i just now realised its this wednesday, I am thinking about those guitars

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Cat probably

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

Months ago I bought Kikagaku Moyo tickets and i just now realised its this wednesday, I am thinking about those guitars

Oh poo poo yeah that's fucken awesome.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Speaking of teachers, why are there so many bad ones around? I don't mean to paint all teachers with the same brush but drat my kid seems to encounter beyond his fair share of them.

Some of the teachers at my kids high school can't even speak English. They know basic greetings and a handful of key words at most. Trying to have a conversation with them is pointless, they just keep deflecting my questions about the current work topics to their general feelings about my kid.

A recent conversation with one of these teachers was like "Yes yes, (sons name) is good boy he work hard" over and over again. This was his "IT" teacher so I can't even look up the curriculum on the Aus curriculum website as there is no national standard for the subject. Meanwhile, they've spent the term so far learning about ergonomics. No wonder they are bored and switching off, I do too after a mandatory day of it at work let alone a month plus of it.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The people who become teachers inexplicably are the people who 12 year olds feel confident in bullying

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Severing posted:

Speaking of teachers, why are there so many bad ones around? I don't mean to paint all teachers with the same brush but drat my kid seems to encounter beyond his fair share of them.

Some of the teachers at my kids high school can't even speak English. They know basic greetings and a handful of key words at most. Trying to have a conversation with them is pointless, they just keep deflecting my questions about the current work topics to their general feelings about my kid.

A recent conversation with one of these teachers was like "Yes yes, (sons name) is good boy he work hard" over and over again. This was his "IT" teacher so I can't even look up the curriculum on the Aus curriculum website as there is no national standard for the subject. Meanwhile, they've spent the term so far learning about ergonomics. No wonder they are bored and switching off, I do too after a mandatory day of it at work let alone a month plus of it.

If you’re in nsw that’d either be the information and software technology syllabus or one of the senior ones like sdd or ipt.
There’s plenty of poo poo teachers floating around but they’re making it harder to become a teacher in the first place if your English isn’t the best and there’s a bunch of other checks and balances built into the system these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Two day ketamine bender and now flying back to Sydney to see uncle acid and the dead beats in marrickville.

Might have a weed brownie