Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

God I'm enjoying people being mad at all these cool and good new things.

Although I'm still gonna stick to using Ignis + Hildryn/Revenant only honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
The self damage changes are stupid. The risk of shooting a bramma or lenz at a nearby enemy was half the fun.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Make it impossible to die while we're at it. It's an affront to me, a pro gamer, that anything could possibly kill me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, blowing yourself up because your loving cat jumped in front of you is half the fun.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

you can still dunk on yourself, you just won't need to get someone to revive you

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Giving warframes neutral resistances on armor/shields is a nice buff to both Adaptation and armor. Adaptation's value currently gets scaled down by negative resistances and armor's weakness to puncture means at higher values it starts to gain more from Adaptations % puncture resist than from straight armor increases. Going forward it should work to just put Fiber on armor frames and Adaptation on frames with % DR from abilities and there won't be any weird hidden math tripping things up.

Arcane Energize changing to energy restore over time and potentially becoming incompatible with channeled abilities is gonna negate a lot of the Titania buffing they've been doing for the past 6 months.

Arcane Aegis is getting a huge nerf. Right now it's a stronger, 100% uptime version of Grace for the few frames that can justify using shields. It's turning into a rank 1 Fast Deflection with limited uptime.

This would be a good time for them to make eidolons bearable. Remove the night time requirement. Let you buy deployable lures as a gear item from the quills. Killing Hydrolyst gives you shards to spawn another eidolon of your choice. Turn it into a a bearable focus farm at least if arcanes are gonna be more accessible elsewhere.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

gnoma posted:

This would be a good time for them to make eidolons bearable. Remove the night time requirement. Let you buy deployable lures as a gear item from the quills. Killing Hydrolyst gives you shards to spawn another eidolon of your choice. Turn it into a a bearable focus farm at least if arcanes are gonna be more accessible elsewhere.

I agree. It was a neat, almost epic experience when it first came out, and the first few times you do it it's still exciting and scary -- you're hunting giant ghost robots! -- but then it gets tedious and boring, and I can't tell you how many times I worked to get ready for an eidolon hunt only to find out that I had, like, fifteen minutes of night left. Just give us separate day/night instances that we queue into upon accepting missions! Give us the ability to buy or build deployable lures!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

gnoma posted:

Arcane Energize changing to energy restore over time and potentially becoming incompatible with channeled abilities is gonna negate a lot of the Titania buffing they've been doing for the past 6 months.

Just press 4 again?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Spudd posted:

Just press 4 again?

I am extremely hoping that the reason they finally decided to give us 100x pizzas is not because the new design means that you'll be dropping one on every step

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
They mentioned 100x pizzas in august

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So I don't play anymore, but I do play Smash, and I checked to see that nobody reported this to you all. Lotus' Spirit details in Smash:

To get her you need to beat a themed fight. It's against a largely passive Bayonetta on Metroid's Frigate Orpheon stage, with a weirdly intense Pikmin track as the music. The enemy AI is mostly just trying to dodge and survive you, but she also constantly summons Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid as an assist to fight you instead.

She gives you both attack and defense boosts when you equip her, and at first doesn't do much else. But at max level she evolves into Natah (it uses her model from The Sacrifice) and gets the 'Transformation Duration' skill, which is only shared by two others and makes the effects of transformative items last longer, which is actually terrifyingly good.

Spirits are mostly just dedicated little reference shows, I just thought this one was pretty cute.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 29, 2020

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Spudd posted:

Just press 4 again?

Drunkenly slamming into walls and spraying magic fairy bullets everywhere is what makes Titania fun. Having to stop and hide in a corner to try and get energy back isn't fun.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
I think the only energize nerf I’ll really cry about would be like a 30 sec CD on it proccing, and/or making it incompatible with channeling. The former being just massively annoying and latter just making a bunch of builds unviable.

Thing is, even if it was nerfed into the ground like that, I don’t think it would make me stop having it on most frames. Not cause it would still be good, but cause outside some very specific niches I can’t bring myself to care very much about being immune to mag procs or whatever. Ill probably still rather have SOME boost to energy and then have guardian or consequence as secondary arcane, just like now.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
To be fair, nerfing energize into the ground will only kill builds that relied on using energy. Unfortunate for me, since they're the only thing I have fun with, but it doesn't affect someone who only plays Inaros!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I only have 2 rank 0 Energize as it is, so my Ember Prime will go hungry. :( Using the Zenurik Energizing Dash is a pain in the rear end with my internet connection.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 29, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jack Trades posted:

People who plat bought double energizes got o w n e d.

Not... really? Like demand and price will drop a little but I don't think most of the population of Warframe has Arcane Energize, and just because you don't need two any more doesn't mean you don't want one.

If anything that gives me something I can safely unload for plat whenever I come back from hiatus, which is nice because the last time I burnt out I'd already sold everything that wasn't essential to some build or another. :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

also increasing the max FOV from 78 to 90 will be literally the best thing DE has ever done

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cleretic posted:

So I don't play anymore, but I do play Smash, and I checked to see that nobody reported this to you all. Lotus' Spirit details in Smash:

:words:she also constantly summons Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid as an assist to fight you instead.
:laugh:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

also increasing the max FOV from 78 to 90 will be literally the best thing DE has ever done

it's gonna rule.

Here's a weird thing: saw an MR2 player with a Vectis Prime. How is that possible? I can't figure it out.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Pipski posted:

it's gonna rule.

Here's a weird thing: saw an MR2 player with a Vectis Prime. How is that possible? I can't figure it out.

Vectis Prime was a free giveaway a while ago. Giveaways bypass the MR system.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i saw a mr1 guy with a bunch of prime stuff and other fancy gear and when i asked about it they said they just dont do any mastery tests

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Vectis Prime was a free giveaway a while ago. Giveaways bypass the MR system.

Ahhh, that'd be it. Thanks! Was super puzzled.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, blowing yourself up because your loving cat jumped in front of you is half the fun.

Sentinel master companion :awesomelon:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cleretic posted:

To get her you need to beat a themed fight. It's against a largely passive Bayonetta on Metroid's Frigate Orpheon stage, with a weirdly intense Pikmin track as the music. The enemy AI is mostly just trying to dodge and survive you, but she also constantly summons Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid as an assist to fight you instead.

She gives you both attack and defense boosts when you equip her, and at first doesn't do much else. But at max level she evolves into Natah (it uses her model from The Sacrifice) and gets the 'Transformation Duration' skill, which is only shared by two others and makes the effects of transformative items last longer, which is actually terrifyingly good.

Spirits are mostly just dedicated little reference shows, I just thought this one was pretty cute.

That's super rad

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Not... really? Like demand and price will drop a little but I don't think most of the population of Warframe has Arcane Energize, and just because you don't need two any more doesn't mean you don't want one.

If anything that gives me something I can safely unload for plat whenever I come back from hiatus, which is nice because the last time I burnt out I'd already sold everything that wasn't essential to some build or another. :v:

if anything it won't change anything cause they're giving us the option to break down arcanes into r0s so everyone with double energize will just merge the two into an r5 if it will actually require 21 r0s as people are assuming

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

They'd have to change the rank progression to not make it cost 21.

Each rank requires one more arcane than it took to upgrade to the immediate previous rank, non-cumulative.

r1 is 1 + 2 = 3 arcanes

r2 is 3 + 3 = 6 arcanes

r3 is 6 + 4 = 10 arcanes

r4 would be 10 + 5 = 15 arcanes

r5 thus would be 15 + 6 = 21 arcanes

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I could just be getting my wires crossed with discord chat but I think they said as much on the dev stream?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So now that we will be sharing murmurs on failed lich kills, is there any way to reliably get into a pub game for thralling, or do you still have to hope somebody else has the same captured node as you and is playing at that time?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just join a clan group and rotate defense/surv nodes, seriously.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm not a huge fan of Ivara -- stealth gameplay holds little interest for one whose favorite playstyle can only be described as charging, screaming, and exploding -- but I just finished building Ivara Prime and she is so pretty. I love the little bioluminescent bits to her outfit.

I would love to know what the gently caress kind of "regal nighttime wood" has goddamn jellyfish, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't absolutely need to use ivara for stealth. she's got a perfectly good exalted weapon that you can build around, instead. i don't much care for bows, but a variable angle spread shot with high punch through and damage is barely even a bow.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

On that note, the Cernos Prime got real, real good a while ago - it's the shotgunbow we all wished it was at launch

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you don't absolutely need to use ivara for stealth. she's got a perfectly good exalted weapon that you can build around, instead. i don't much care for bows, but a variable angle spread shot with high punch through and damage is barely even a bow.

Yeah, but Ivara requires boring things like "aiming" and "using abilities that aren't just her 2 and 4" and "paying attention to where enemies are." With Ember I can just reenact every picture of the age of the dinosaurs coming to the end, though you have to replace the t-rex with, say, an confused Nox or something.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

If you're confident of headshotting you can also use her augment, Concentrated Arrow to cause big explosions when you cap someone, effected by your power range. It's a bit different from how you'd usually build her and can be pretty entertaining.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Does anybody have that chart that shows you valencing and how much you'll need?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Yeah, I'm not a huge Ivara fan but her bow is hella fun. I still can't believe they didn't release a diaphanous jellyfish syandana to go with the Prime though.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pipski posted:

Yeah, I'm not a huge Ivara fan but her bow is hella fun. I still can't believe they didn't release a diaphanous jellyfish syandana to go with the Prime though.

They did, the Apavada Prime Syandana. It's part of her accessory set, which I purchased because it came with a shitton of plat and a three-month affinity and credit booster, which is absolutely my jam.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

They did, the Apavada Prime Syandana. It's part of her accessory set, which I purchased because it came with a shitton of plat and a three-month affinity and credit booster, which is absolutely my jam.

Oh what...that might be worth it. I'll give it a look. Ta!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Pipski posted:

They probably bought the Vauban/Ash Prime set, it came with Vectis P. Any time you buy a weapon through a bundle you can use it no matter it's MR. I was rocking an AKMagnus at MR2 because of a PS+ bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
How do you build Oberon for the Iron Renewal buff - do you focus on upping your Str, or do you also want Armor mods on there?