Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I decided to let her shoot herself. Then saved for the night Now I am having 2nd thoughts.

I think I did it because it had been so long since I had the opportunity to be a dick. Early on it was lots of comedy and rear end in a top hat options but then those dried up. I have a save before I talked to her. No guarantee I could stop her.

First time I've considered going back in the game.

I'm guessing I get to finally go to the island after this. If not, I must have missed something somewhere. I'm down to like 5 quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah I remember it forces the first shoe on since it's a tutorial part, but you technically could take it off before gathering the second. Thought simple sequence breaking might be why the shoes didn't turn into a pair for the op.

I didn't even realise shoes existed until the end of the first day

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Waltzing Along posted:

I decided to let her shoot herself. Then saved for the night Now I am having 2nd thoughts.

I think I did it because it had been so long since I had the opportunity to be a dick. Early on it was lots of comedy and rear end in a top hat options but then those dried up. I have a save before I talked to her. No guarantee I could stop her.

First time I've considered going back in the game.

I'm guessing I get to finally go to the island after this. If not, I must have missed something somewhere. I'm down to like 5 quests.

Somethings definitely about to happen.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Weird, horrible kids hanging around my crime scene, throwing rocks and slurs.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nosfereefer posted:

Weird, horrible kids hanging around my crime scene, throwing rocks and slurs.

I'm sure they're respect you if you just lay down the law.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I'm sure they're respect you if you just lay down the law.

By which you mean, punching a twelve year old in the face. Also stealing speed from his dad for him afterwards. Also buying stolen pants from him. Also deputising him, because you're a disco cop with nothing to lose.

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 28, 2020

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

Also deputising him, because you're a disco cop with nothing to lose.

How. How do I do this?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

How. How do I do this?

Let Kim get shot

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Xarbala posted:

Let Kim get shot

Never. gently caress you.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
The DE Discord is hmmm, something else, overall I guess its cool, and I am glad the creators have a solid fanbase.
but whoa nelly, they are rabid, and the fanart reminds me of the DA thread.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

He's not joking, that literally how you deputize Cuno.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wish I was joking

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://twitter.com/hannahl2315/status/1233323440804728833

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It is a cruel gate. But perhaps not as dark as you might think.

Still, I totally understand the refusal.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
How does Harry cross back over the canal once he crashes his car?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

No seatbelts

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

TommyGun85 posted:

I vaguely remember that it was explained by one of the characters that if you traveled south towards the 8/81 motorway you could make it back on the other side of the river, but that it took a long time to travel that way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

0/10 no Kimono.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I'm trying to get into the fridge /doomed commercial district area. But I pissed off Pleisance so she doesn't seem to give me the quest and my PHYS is poo poo so I can't break down the door. Any alternate way in or bonuses to the door check?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I know I've seen some really, really strong effortposts in this thread that went super-deep into analyzing the game's writing. I've got a friend who just finished the game up and want to link those to him, but it'd be prohibitive to search back through the thread for them. Can anyone link?

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 29, 2020

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

TommyGun85 posted:

Presumably, he was so drunk he just swam back.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

thread please help today i did a racism and now Kim is mad at me

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Me too bud. Me too. :(

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I know I've seen some really, really strong effortposts in this thread that went super-deep into analyzing the game's writing. I've got a friend who just finished the game up and want to link those to him, but it'd be prohibitive to search back through the thread for them. Can anyone link?

Here's some shameless promotion of my own posts to help out:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899418&userid=118507#post502018791

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899418&userid=118507#post502022802

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

sirtommygunn posted:

it's your own drat fault for doing racism, you bastard

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

it's your own drat fault for doing racism, you bastard

I just wanted Kim to dance with me :saddowns:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

dead gay comedy forums has some good ones:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=499768457

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=501553265

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=500051059

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=500244272

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

StashAugustine posted:

Hey I'm trying to get into the fridge /doomed commercial district area. But I pissed off Pleisance so she doesn't seem to give me the quest and my PHYS is poo poo so I can't break down the door. Any alternate way in or bonuses to the door check?

Main thing is sometimes fresh options hide behind faded conversation options. If you need a fridge for police business and ask Garte and Cuno and others about one is you might unlock new options to bully the shopkeep about? Never had to do, so don't know for sure.

If you spend a bunch of time kicking inanimate objects I think you can get better at it, but probably not feasible within a small timeframe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

StashAugustine posted:

This was one of the few times I save scummed. I talked to the book store owner for ages, exhausted every dialog option and she just was too freaked out by the curse.

I tired to be nice, i threatened, I did everything, nothing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I didn't find that too hard, though maybe you locked yourself out of some options? Though maybe it's not as obvious that you have to play to her superstitions and present yourself as someone who you indeed call when there's something strange in the neighbourhood.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I read somewhere that if you try to ask for money she gets mad at you and won't let you investigate. I ended up just letting the body go bullet unfound

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Kim is a loving badass, holy poo poo. I hosed up the shootout about as hard as I could have without Kim or me dying. 6 Hardie boys dead, because I made a poo poo call. A lot of poo poo calls, technically; it's not like I didn't know I'd eventually get into a shootout, yet still I poured a ton of points into suggestion (so I could convince an old woman to approve the destruction of her home) and composure (so I could get whatever the coward fascist was hiding; which I still didn't manage even with 3-4 points investment).

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fock does Cuno care.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Fock does Cuno care.

(He doesn't care.)

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Why wasn’t Measurehead at the mercenary tribunal?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Roctavian posted:

Why wasn’t Measurehead at the mercenary tribunal?

He is not one of the Hardie Boys, nor was he involved in the cover-up.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Can someone please convince me to arrest Klassje.

I cant bring myself to do it in any of my playthroughs.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TommyGun85 posted:

I cant bring myself to do it in any of my playthroughs.

She ruined multiple peoples’ lives in the name of pointless capitalism games. At least one person committed suicide because she ruined them in the name of making her salary.

Is the appropriate consequence to allow her to continue hedonistic partying across the archipelago?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The alternative is effectively sentencing her to extrajudicial execution at the hands of the capitalists. Accordingly, I always let her go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

TommyGun85 posted:

Listen, there's clearly something suspicious going on. Not only is she a spy, but she won't get with Gulliame de Million? Nah. Nah. Take her in.