Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

“‘Chapo Trap House,’ the entire Dirtbag Left, have tapped that male privilege of intimidating people into assuming you’re cool,” said Amanda Marcotte, a liberal feminist writer for Salon. “It reminds me of when we pretended that ‘Jackass’ was funny back in the day, just so dudes wouldn’t bully you about not liking it.” (Ms. Marcotte has been vocal in her criticism of “Chapo Trap House” and is the subject of mocking attention from the dirtbag universe.)

lmao what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

quote:

Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg is “a bloodless asexual.”
“The gayest thing about him is he descends from an ethnic group that’s like a little toy dog,” Ms. A’Lee Frost said.

When Senator Elizabeth Warren’s name came up, the crowd made the sound of a snake hissing. She had accused Senator Bernie Sanders of saying that a woman could not win against Donald Trump, and so she is a snake.

“Yes my sssssoldiers,” Mr. Menaker said.
Former Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg’s run appalls them. “Beat him so badly that this midget gremlin won’t even have a shot even with a trillion dollars,” Mr. Menaker said.

“Kill him,” someone shouted from the audience. These were jokes, of course. Everyone was laughing.

Article seems pretty pro-CTH so far

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVH6_P-h_E

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Hooplah posted:

it's funny that the outright lies and fact twisting in this article is actually really good fodder for radicalizing someone who only listens occasionally but isn't sure there's a media bias against the left

like, the only way this makes sense is if you've literally never heard of chapo or have only heard of it through psychos like sady doyle (actually i wonder if she's namechecked or quoted in the article, thatd be classic)

She isn't. Marcotte is, however, and is almost as good a representative of insane people.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
"we pretended that ‘Jackass’ was funny back in the day" increasingly nervous columnist says to herself

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/shujaxhaider/status/1233790314076418055?s=20

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Goa Tse-tung posted:

"we pretended that ‘Jackass’ was funny back in the day" increasingly nervous columnist says to herself

forcing myself to pretend to laugh at bam margera getting slapped with a giant hand and crying

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imo tom green had more of an influence on our generation than we'd like to admit

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Bari Weiss makes even sapphic romance unpalatable.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Jippa posted:

“Westchester,” his girlfriend interjected softly. (She is from there; she wants to stay anonymous; the Chapo fans scare her.)

I hope she didn't break up with Virgil because he made out with that hot guy in Berlin on video :ohdear:

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Fyi if you put a . after .com on a NYT article you can bypass the account and subscription requirement

thanks amigo!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
a good news articles to balance out

Hunter Biden: the one thing I have left is my art

Cohen, who tied the knot with Hunter Biden last year, called her husband's art "very abstract, sometimes very dark."

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

WoodrowSkillson posted:

forcing myself to pretend to laugh at bam margera getting slapped with a giant hand and crying

Muttering "this is problematic" to myself under my breath in the middle of raucous laughter from the entire movie theatre because Dave England pooped in a toilet in a hardware store

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol the author engages in “dopamine fasting” which is what normal people call “not checking your phone”

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Hunter Biden’s art would look like that picture of the spider webs when the spider was given various drugs.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is there any actual reason to categorize Cum Town as a political podcast like Chapo rather than like E1, a comedy podcast whose hosts have some personal associations with some political podcasters

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bobjr posted:

Hunter Biden’s art would look like that picture of the spider webs when the spider was given various drugs.

Lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Is there any actual reason to categorize Cum Town as a political podcast like Chapo rather than like E1, a comedy podcast whose hosts have some personal associations with some political podcasters
Me Like Gay Sex is a political anthem about liking gay sex

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

it’s almost like the author didn’t do any research or doesn’t really cares at all about being honest....

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There obviously is if you're trying to be a disingenuous little poo poo, which is objectively the purpose of mainstream media in a capitalist society.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

These people treat gentle mockery as though it's the violent revolution that would actually be something close to justice

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
These soft online boys read news articles and poke gentle fun at them, and point out the horror of the global American empire and status quo. this is violence and they're basically ISIS

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Nick Mullen is the president of the DSA. Otherwise no.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

as much as the left doesn't like to talk about it, the extremely problematic nick mullen is the president of the dsa. his podcast is inherently political.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

their post election day 2016 episode is better political insight than pretty much anyone in the media to be fair

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

lmao that article got Chapo trending on twitter.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
How can we get the NYT to write about the joe biden E1 episode?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmO6XTYn0RA

coathat
May 21, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

These people treat gentle mockery as though it's the violent revolution that would actually be something close to justice

https://twitter.com/necrobranson/status/1232320282104389632?s=20

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

imo tom green had more of an influence on our generation than we'd like to admit

freddy got fingered is a masterpiece of absurdist cinema

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The Muppets On PCP posted:

freddy got fingered is a masterpiece of absurdist cinema

I had not thought about it since I saw it when it came out but the RLM review of it made me realize just how loving dope it is

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
I don't think Amanda Marcotte has been mentioned by them in like a year lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Bryter posted:

I don't think Amanda Marcotte has been mentioned by them in like a year lol

Maybe they did tho, white lib women on Twitter all seem the exact same

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
now end the war on loving terror

https://twitter.com/TOLOnews/status/1233742107430543361

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

amanda would have been in her mid-20's when jackass was on television

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

these articles were made to trigger me.

i admit it. Im Trigged. It Trigged me something fierce.

how can you pretend to be a liberal and justify literal wage slavery?

":downs:" posted:

Progressives who are more concerned with racial equality or gender parity have had to figure out how to either go against the Dirtbag movement or resign themselves to this singular focus, which occasionally runs roughshod over all the rest.

so libs are just going to keep pretending there isn't an economic component to Racial/Gender discrimination?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 29, 2020

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/1233805845382615040

Am I supposed to be as sickened as I am by the thought of Bari Weiss's obnoxious, fetid maw gnawing on the muff of some billionaire heiress in the NYTimes offices?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/1233805845382615040

Am I supposed to be as sickened as I am by the thought of Bari Weiss's obnoxious, fetid maw gnawing on the muff of some billionaire heiress in the NYTimes offices?

bruh

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Race Realists posted:

these articles were made to trigger me.

i admit it. Im Trigged. It Trigged me something fierce.

how can you pretend to be a liberal and justify literal wage slavery?

so libs are just going to keep pretending there isn't an economic component to Racial/Gender discrimination?

Mate they'll pretend there isn't an economic component to class if you let them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

its a shame it isnt closer to halloween, that'd be perfect for stav + adam