Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

peter gabriel posted:

You gotta get content manager, then the Sol lighting stuff and crew chief, those things just push AC into the modern era I think and have put it back at the top of the list of my favourite sims again

Is ACC modable and can you easily port existing AC content to it?

osker fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

osker posted:

Is ACC modable and can you easoly port existing AC content to it?

No and no sadly, totally different engine and developer aims for ACC

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Ive been having a blast in ACC, new patches and the intercontinental DLC have made some nice improvements

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Seconding thanks for these, I haven't been on some of these tracks for years.

Are the Alps tracks working for anyone else? The others (Rio, Maple Valley) work for me but I can't get any of the Alps variants to load.

Also Rio is bumpy as all hell in the little Tatuus practicemobile.

edit: Fujimi isn't working either, I might be installing them in the asset folders wrong or something

Yeah I did rezip them and forgot about INIs. There’s a chance fujimi requires some shader pack or Sol. I’ll repackage it with the INIs tonight and reupload. They are kind of hard to find because anywhere they are hosted it gets taken down pretty quickly.

There’s an insufferable, drama-filled thread on gtplanet where all of these (and pretty much all other AC mod) get announced and I just check it every few days and download stuff linked from there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ac-pc-mod-discussion-do-not-ask-for-paid-mods-do-not-post-paid-mods.307899/

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 24, 2020

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Is this subforum visible to non-members, and if so, maybe use spoiler tag so they cant get dem sweet links? (I think that is how spoiler tags work on these forums)

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

osker posted:

Is this subforum visible to non-members, and if so, maybe use spoiler tag so they cant get dem sweet links? (I think that is how spoiler tags work on these forums)

It’s probably not high enough traffic to get on Microsoft’s radar.

Edit: Here's the updated zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10g3AfMGwiuM_Fbn-eYyBc9WCyJyqDXWb

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 24, 2020

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the followup!

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

osker posted:

Spoiler tags don’t work that way

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Spoiler tags are a visual thing, the text can still be grabbed by robots.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I think next is Forza Motorsport 8, and then the next Horizon.

I think it's launching with the next gen Xbox. For me, Forza 8 will need to be really compelling or interesting to make me go back or even get the new xbox.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I tried ACC earlier. While it appears nice, in VR, oof, nausea to the max.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

It’s probably not high enough traffic to get on Microsoft’s radar.

Edit: Here's the updated zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10g3AfMGwiuM_Fbn-eYyBc9WCyJyqDXWb

Finally got this working. I had to both move the alps.ini file to the Alps content folder, and then unzipped alps__stflow.zip to write over the previous set of files.

Alps is as fun as I as remember, although in any car with aero downforce it's almost not fun since you can go flat out for most of the course.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

Combat Pretzel posted:

Unless you have a monster PC, you'll probably have to settle for letting some sort of motion smoothing or ASW do some work. I found a decent config that looks pretty sharp, but it limits me to 40fps with ASW :(

Try running a lower rendering resolution with epic KTAA, and higher pixel density than you would usually use. It seems to produce around the same result as straight up super sampling but is a bit clearer and slightly less of a resource hog. Disabling AA gets rid of all the blurryness completely, but turns everything into an mess of aliasing

Don't tweak stuff in a solo mode (hot lap/practice etc) either. As soon as other cars/AI are running FPS usually hits the floor (pause an AI race and watch your fps shoot up) so you need to take that into account.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

geeves posted:

I think it's launching with the next gen Xbox. For me, Forza 8 will need to be really compelling or interesting to make me go back or even get the new xbox.
It's still going to be launching simultaneously on PC too, so there's no need to actually buy the hardware unless you're looking for a gaming appliance.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Pinny posted:

Unless you have a monster PC, you'll probably have to settle for letting some sort of motion smoothing or ASW do some work. I found a decent config that looks pretty sharp, but it limits me to 40fps with ASW :(

Try running a lower rendering resolution with epic KTAA, and higher pixel density than you would usually use. It seems to produce around the same result as straight up super sampling but is a bit clearer and slightly less of a resource hog. Disabling AA gets rid of all the blurryness completely, but turns everything into an mess of aliasing

Don't tweak stuff in a solo mode (hot lap/practice etc) either. As soon as other cars/AI are running FPS usually hits the floor (pause an AI race and watch your fps shoot up) so you need to take that into account.

This is why I mostly play iRacing and RaceRoom in VR. They're older engines that you can make look very clean in VR while maintaining 90fps.

Incidentally, I'm really enjoying the Skippy AI in iRacing.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Shine posted:

This is why I mostly play iRacing and RaceRoom in VR. They're older engines that you can make look very clean in VR while maintaining 90fps.

Incidentally, I'm really enjoying the Skippy AI in iRacing.

This is 100% a lie. You cannot have iRacing look clean and get 90 FPS in VR on Barcelona. There exists no computer capable of this feat.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I got my highest finish the other day (qualified 4th and two epic dodges to net me second) in iRacing in VR at Barcelona, so framerate for that track is p reasonable imo

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I don't believe you if you say you had capped 90FPS along the front straight and nice clean graphics.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have a feeling iracing is not properly culling geometry or something. There are weird times where it will just murder your CPU for seemingly no reason at all and then be fine.

Alternately: Lol pushing a game engine built in the late 90's will have some weirdness in 2020

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I turn all the gfx down for the most part so could be that.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Doesn’t Barcelona also have buildings where they’ve rendered the interior for absolutely no good reason?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bentai posted:

Doesn’t Barcelona also have buildings where they’ve rendered the interior for absolutely no good reason?

You’ll appreciate it when you get airborne and crash through a building wall.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Mr. Powers posted:

I don't believe you if you say you had capped 90FPS along the front straight and nice clean graphics.

I can't speak for how the track has performed historically, as I only bought it once Skippy AI launched, but it runs just fine for me. On an Index at 110% supersampling, 2x AA, and most settings on "High Detail," including grandstands, I had 90fps 99.9% of the time (i.e. fpsVR noted 0.1% reprojection rate), and this was in an AI race with 19 cars. My system is pretty decent, but nothing earth-shattering.

For what it's worth, I had wonky performance in iRacing a few updates back until I deleted my renderDX11.ini and let the game generate a new one. That somehow took me from hitchy as poo poo to perfect 90fps.

On a side note, the Skippy AI is really loving fun! It's a pretty dynamic experience; they feel like they're "alive" on the track, and not just on rails. They do some silly AI poo poo here and there, but I'll take that over boring AI. It's like driving against competent humans who occasionally gently caress up.

They are also pretty good at seeing and reacting to you. When I was driving Barcelona—a track I'm not used to—they would modify their racing line and pass me (even mid-turn) instead of bulldozing me like AI in other games would.

Given the dumbass hours I work, I'm super happy about the iRacing AI :peanut:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Combat Pretzel posted:

Really? That's one of the few VR games I've played that didn't require me to acclimatize.

Been playing ACC mostly on a monitor, but it's 10x more fun in VR.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

a mysterious cloak posted:

Really? That's one of the few VR games I've played that didn't require me to acclimatize.

Been playing ACC mostly on a monitor, but it's 10x more fun in VR.

It's really hit and miss, for me it runs perfectly but there are tons of people that are having it run like poo poo, it's a mixed bag

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The AMS 2 beta has gone out to the people who did their early buy in and videos are starting to go up. It looks like you'd expect as AMS content brought into the Project Cars engine, ie the same basic look but shiner and more polished. They've also put out the list of content currently in the beta, and its interesting how some stuff has been bundled together and reclassed. The MCR 2000 which was one of my favourite cars in AMS1 is now in a P4 class with a new Metalmoro for example. It'll be interesting to see what gets added over the beta month since there's some pretty big stuff that's not there right now like the Copa Petrobras touring cars.

Also they're going to be adding a pack of 90s DTM cars :woop:

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
90s DTM packs are a great way to guarantee I'll buy a sim.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

njsykora posted:

The AMS 2 beta has gone out to the people who did their early buy in and videos are starting to go up. It looks like you'd expect as AMS content brought into the Project Cars engine, ie the same basic look but shiner and more polished. They've also put out the list of content currently in the beta, and its interesting how some stuff has been bundled together and reclassed. The MCR 2000 which was one of my favourite cars in AMS1 is now in a P4 class with a new Metalmoro for example. It'll be interesting to see what gets added over the beta month since there's some pretty big stuff that's not there right now like the Copa Petrobras touring cars.

How's the vr support? Pcars2 was pretty bad with it afaik

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I have no idea, though there are a bunch of VR impressions videos on Youtube of it.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

If AMS2 gives me stadium super trucks in VR, I will be so happy.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Don’t spend the money for simvibe, not yet at least.

Get simhub. It’s free and let’s you tweak all kinds of stuff, much the same as simvibe. If you really find you need simvibe and simhub won’t do it, then go for it

I decided to try SimHub because SimXperience hosed up a bunch of my settings, and goddamn SimHub is much easier to set up. Thanks for recommending it!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

NtotheTC posted:

How's the vr support? Pcars2 was pretty bad with it afaik

PCARS2 is excellent in VR though. VR support was kind of iffy at first in PCars1 but it was great after a few patches and has been very solid in 2 since day one.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

My biggest beef with PCAR2 VR is that by the time I reduce its settings enough to get 90FPS, it looks worse than 90FPS iRacing :(

One of these days I'll buy a god PC.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Just ordered Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals! I've been using G27 w/ aftermarket progressive springs, which were definitely a step up in feel from the stock springs, but it'll be nice to have a proper load cell. Still gonna be a lovely driver, but I'll feel more official.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Those are going to be night and day. I had a pretty decently set up set of T300rs pedals, or so I thought and the CSL Elite loadcell pedals are absolutely another world.

Also, a load cell, unlike a wheel, will actually make you faster, almost guaranteed.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah, after a short acclimatization period, load cells will make you demonstrably faster.

with the CSL elite brake, i removed the foam squishy insert and went with all of the soft elastomers and one medium to replace the CSL, I think. Either that or all mediums and one soft.

As far as force settings, it depends on the game and the car. In iRacing I use 50% for most cars, 60% for the really touchy cars that don't use all of the brake (like the 911 RSR)

You will DEFINITELY want some way to keep the pedals from moving relative to your seat, otherwise you'll push the chair or the pedals around instead of actually pressing the brake.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I got the performance kit to stiffen the brake pedal up, so yeah, it'll be a massive change. I'm excited!

I'll have to mess around with securing them. I have an Obutto setup, but I don't permanently mount pedals, as I gotta he able to easily swap them out with my flight pedals. Tight straps are enough for the Logitechs, but I'll be pushing a lot harder on these. I'll figure something out if that doesn't work. Maybe combine strapping with the (edit) 3M Dual Lock poo poo I used to secure my flight throttle.

Shine fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 2, 2020

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the V3s are really good, I like mine a lot. the performance kit is a bit tricky to install at first just because of attaching/detatching the rumble motor (it takes a bit of strength to avoid pinching the cable) but once you're used to it it's worth playing around with them and working out what what sort of brake pedal feel you like. Mine is super stiff, but its mounted to my rig so movement isn't an issue

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shine posted:

I got the performance kit to stiffen the brake pedal up, so yeah, it'll be a massive change. I'm excited!

I'll have to mess around with securing them. I have an Obutto setup, but I don't permanently mount pedals, as I gotta he able to easily swap them out with my flight pedals. Tight straps are enough for the Logitechs, but I'll be pushing a lot harder on these. I'll figure something out if that doesn't work. Maybe combine strapping with the (edit) 3M Dual Lock poo poo I used to secure my flight throttle.

Straps are not going to hold load cells even a little bit. My recommendation if you have to swap them in and out is to use bolts with wing nuts so you can at least have a tool-less install. Or keep a wrench on your rig with a magnet or a hanger or something.

The forces you’ll be putting on the brake are not like what you do on normal pedals

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Here's what I did for my pedals. Works pretty well, though I want to build a full rig eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

njsykora posted:

Copa Petrobras / Brasileiro de Marcas won't be in because the series no longer runs and it makes me sad :(