Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

RedQueen posted:

Searched twitter for Costco, was not disappointed

(busy rear end costcos)

I'm no prepper, but good lord am I glad that we decided to quintuple our normal weekly grocery run on Friday. Guess we got way ahead of the rush.

If anything, this self-quarantine is gonna save me money from being tempted to spend :10bux: on lunches during the week Got a couple loaves of bread baking, a pot of chili, and a pot of soup going right now. Gonna be eating good next week hell yeah.

edit: welcome to page 420

a_pineapple fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

went to a local wholesale club's (bj's) website and hand sanitizer is the #1 trending search lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Does Costco sell the 55 gal drum of water based lube yet?

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

:allears:

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
420 US cases by next Friday. book it.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

wtf is that supposed to mean

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

wasn't there a burning chemical plant throwing a huge cloud of cancer doom molecules all over the city for like days and weeks on end there too? or was that Dallas?

Definitely Houston.

Something like 12 building sized tanks of benzene containing gasoline additives caught fire because regulations are for communists.

Then they put it out with toxic fire retardant foam but the berm they used to keep it from spilling into the ship channel broke so a ridiculous quantity of toxic sludge mixture spilled into the ocean and killed a bunch of fish and crabs.

But it's all cool and legal, they'll fine them like $250k and call it even
:d2a:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Does a high abv or thc help?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

wow weedvirus

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Does a high abv or thc help?

I'll agree to be monitored for a peer reviewed study on this matter

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it turns out weed kills coronavirus

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
flooding my lungs with thc and vape liquid so i cant fill up with pneumonia :eng101:

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I bought a quarter of wax and I think I can make that last for a while if I’m stuck at home playing video games

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Did some prepping this week and reorganization/inventory of my pantry. Grocery stores in my part of Indiana are the usual level of business so no panic hoarding yet. Got 25 lbs of rice, 12 lbs of assorted beans, 6 lbs of pasta, 6 lbs of hominy, assorted canned beans and vegetables, a bunch of frozen meat including a whole turkey from 2019, and stocked up on toilet paper, cooking oil, cat food, etc. Convinced my parents to do the same, though my dad was harder to sell on it "because theres no panic here yet" and I had to convince him that the best time to buy stuff is before the store has a run on it.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

We shall soon see the results of my experiment as to whether one can drink away coronavirus, but it is too early to tell. I feel like poo poo but that's probably the hangover

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm going to the indian store tomorrow to grab a bunch of dried beans, lentils and curry spices

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lol if you havent bought quarantine weed yet

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stereotype posted:

it turns out weed kills coronavirus

weed prevents cancer !!

also the plague doctors smoked weed not tobacco as there was no tobacco for them to smoke

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

flooding my lungs with thc and vape liquid so i cant fill up with pneumonia :eng101:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

bing bong cant fit the virus if ur full of weed

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Popcorn lung that virus away.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
How long until Prester Jane gets back? I don't want to be the one having to post random unsourced wild claim tweets

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1233793672497573894?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/tribunephl/status/1233851970328416256?s=20

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Licking doorknobs shrines to own the libs.
https://twitter.com/aliostad/status/1233695235399700481?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trump is going to encourage panic buying because it's going to drive consumption up

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord
time to learn hydroponics :drugnerd:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bip Roberts posted:

Popcorn lung that virus away.
corona virus, corona virus
doing the things a virus can
what's it like? it's not important
corona virus

Is it from lab, or is it from bat?
when it's incubating do they get sick?
or does the cancer get him instead?
nobody knows, popcorn lung

popcorn lung, popcorn lung
popcorn lung hates corona lung
they have a fight, popcorn wins
popcorn lung

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jamsta posted:

Linus Tech Tits is trying to get everyone to panic buy a PC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPoPwrQwm_g

niec i just went and bought one today!!! i didnt know i was being smart

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i still gotta buy hard drives and a case though RIP me

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol iran

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bring back old gbs posted:

i still gotta buy hard drives and a case though RIP me

check out dies electronics

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lol if you havent bought quarantine weed yet

I have a freezer full of home grown. doing just fine. need to go to target tomorrow to extra stock soap, some more cereal, hand sanitizer (lol if they have any left) ice cream, coffee. else I’ve already stocked plenty of. maybe more Gatorade too. funny thing is I’m already getting over a cold I got last week. I’m in Oregon btw. (but southern) oh yeah and wine).

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i already have a computer

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

honestly while I expected this to be bad I didn't expect it to hit America with an uncontained outbreak within one month of finding out how bad it was

What thread are you reading? I'm actually surprised how slow it is here and would not be shocked if this week's expanded testing reveals a shitload of cases and community spread in several cities

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Sharkie posted:

wtf is that supposed to mean

parses like your standard generic rightwing conspiraboomer anti-government anti-science dumbshit belligerence, especially the massive amount of text wedged onto a surface with no consideration for how unreadable that makes it.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Haha yeah, a Twitter search for Costco is wild atm

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Vishass posted:

What thread are you reading? I'm actually surprised how slow it is here and would not be shocked if this week's expanded testing reveals a shitload of cases and community spread in several cities

same. when this was just spreading online in January I was sure that by my mid February plane flight things were going to be serious in multiple US states. guess I was just off by two weeks so not bad. my whole family was making fun of me just two weeks ago.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Mayor Dave posted:

Haha yeah, a Twitter search for Costco is wild atm

This or “empty shelves”

Looks like there is panic buying in Japan and for some reason also New Zealand

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Lmao the caption on the original picture

https://twitter.com/wuhan_tictli/status/1233857325095686144?s=09