Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/okWpnUf.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That's actually the best giant burger I've seen, looks like if you took a little slice of it the meat->condiments->bread ratio'd be pretty good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I want some of that melted cheese

Or like a lot of it

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Pulling a sword out of my apron is the sort of cookery I aspire to.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elviscat posted:

That's actually the best giant burger I've seen, looks like if you took a little slice of it the meat->condiments->bread ratio'd be pretty good.

I don't go that for for my burgers to even add one egg when I make one, but I feel like two isn't nearly enough for one that size.

However it helps them cook.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zedprime posted:

Pulling a sword out of my apron is the sort of cockery I aspire to.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RareAcumen posted:

I don't go that for for my burgers to even add one egg when I make one, but I feel like two isn't nearly enough for one that size.

However it helps them cook.

Oh yeah, I lol'd at the idea of adding two eggs to 10 loving pounds of ground beef.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

zedprime posted:

Pulling a sword out of my apron is the sword of cookery I aspire to.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1233607828239196162?s=21

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Chocolate larva cake.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Mournful Chili, coming up!

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

This is kinda interesting because my main aversion to eating bugs is that you're eating the whole animal, guts, eyes and all. Compared to larger animals that you can actually separate the meat.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Larva butter doesn't sound bad to me at all and I have a huge aversion to eating insects.

I think the lack of you know, crispy carapaces and legs and eyes makes a huge difference.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

TheAardvark posted:

Larva butter doesn't sound bad to me at all and I have a huge aversion to eating insects.

I think the lack of you know, crispy carapaces and legs and eyes makes a huge difference.

But it's the insect equivalent of pink slime: Brown Goo

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/9wCSRKm.mp4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Eh, chili's chili. It would take a lot more than this for me to refuse a bowl of chili no matter the recipe.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

brown bugger :pseudo:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Butter's just curdled titty goop, you can make every food sound gross if you have a way with words.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

zedprime posted:

Butter's just curdled titty goop, you can make every food sound gross if you have a way with words.

TITTY POOP TITTY POOP TITTY POOOOOOP

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Lmao, I see you preparing chili and raise you a chili dog upside-down cake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfZ9X7U0P3Y

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

Lmao, I see you preparing chili and raise you a chili dog upside-down cake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfZ9X7U0P3Y

Imagining this in that movie American Pie.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

LifeSunDeath posted:

Imagining this in that movie American Pie.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

I mean it makes sense, put milk in a centrifuge until butter separates

or put bugs in a centrifuge until the same thing happens

although in the latter it's still mixed with all the bug guts though so now that I'm thinking about it, bug-butter is gonna be a pass for me

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
The mechanically separated bug grease doesn't even look like it's the right texture. They admit bug butter tastes weird, even at 50% dilution. Why not just use margarine?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Dilb posted:

The mechanically separated bug grease doesn't even look like it's the right texture. They admit bug butter tastes weird, even at 50% dilution. Why not just use margarine?

They're implying we'll be out of other food sources, and living off processed rotifer bugs which live off human corpses, soon.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

They're implying we'll be out of other food sources, and living off processed rotifer bugs which live off human corpses, soon.

Broke: yeah, I eat rear end
Woke: yeah, I eat bug rear end
Bespoke: yeah, i eat bug rear end full of rear end

That's something that got me about the Mad Max game. Cannibalism is severely frowned upon, but eating maggots directly out of a decaying human corpse (without even washing your hands!) is a-ok.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

madeintaipei posted:

Broke: yeah, I eat rear end
Woke: yeah, I eat bug rear end
Bespoke: yeah, i eat bug rear end full of rear end

That's something that got me about the Mad Max game. Cannibalism is severely frowned upon, but eating maggots directly out of a decaying human corpse (without even washing your hands!) is a-ok.

if eating bug rear end is cool, consider me miles davis

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rLJw25pJA

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

if eating bug rear end is cool, consider me miles davis

Trap sprung. Like some assy venus flytrap. Uranus flytrap.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Noslo posted:

This is kinda interesting because my main aversion to eating bugs is that you're eating the whole animal, guts, eyes and all. Compared to larger animals that you can actually separate the meat.

Apparently the feed them oatmeal or something but. Surely then particles of gliadin will get into the resulting mixture and cause problems for celiacs right? It'd definitely be more than 1ppm of gliadin which is what Celiac UK uses as the new testing standard?

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

alexandriao posted:

Surely then particles of gliadin will get into the resulting mixture and cause problems for celiacs right?

That sounds like a question for those that did the experiment

A centrifuge is used separate materials into the different materials in a solution, no idea what level of ppm cross-contamination occurs in the process

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

alexandriao posted:

Apparently the feed them oatmeal or something but. Surely then particles of gliadin will get into the resulting mixture and cause problems for celiacs right? It'd definitely be more than 1ppm of gliadin which is what Celiac UK uses as the new testing standard?
I thought oats were fine for people with coeliac disease?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/_jess_daily/status/1233216954577670144

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I am unreasonably annoyed at them using a paperclip to do something that would be much easier with literally any knife. Even a butter knife if that's all you've got.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Tiggum posted:

I am unreasonably annoyed at them using a paperclip to do something that would be much easier with literally any knife. Even a butter knife if that's all you've got.

I fear this is one of those "viral" videos where they just throw the food out afterwards, for which :thermidor:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gschmidl posted:

I fear this is one of those "viral" videos where they just throw the food out afterwards, for which :thermidor:

Lord, nothing pisses me off like wasting perfectly good food. :murder:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vile

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is filth

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
How dare they treat pickles like that. Pickles don't deserve that.

I'm gonna eat some moonshine soaked dill pickles just to cleanse my mind of this filth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Tiggum posted:

I thought oats were fine for people with coeliac disease?

I think generally they are, but there can be cross contamination in harvesting or processing. Oats also have a similar protein to gluten that can maybe cause similar issues in a small number of celiac patients.