Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Who knows? Look at what you've been eating, a mild seasoning you just started using could be contaminated, or perhaps a new dish soap, hand soap, that only the really soft skin blisters for? Allergies are weird.

There was this brand of atta flour I'd make pizza crusts out of that caused the lines on the inner sides of my fingers around the joints to bleed.

It literally has to have been a food of some kind because of where it's located. Like it's literally in the part of my mouth where only food or mouthwash go. Very peculiar indeed.

Ah well, doesn't hurt or anything so I'm not especially nervous I just hate when something is going weird with my body because my body sucks bad enough to begin with. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

illcendiary posted:

Yeah Airplaying Fite from iPad to Apple TV was seamless. Really worth the few extra bucks for a VPN

I was using protonvpn and a wired chromecast and it was a solid, uninterrupted broadcast. I need to put the VPN on my router instead of just my desktop though, it'll make things a lot easier for me.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Goddammit I was gonna canvas today for the first time ever but this weird sore throat/intense headache poo poo that cropped up yesterday for me has only gotten worse. I can barely talk. Ugggghh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The new Invisible Man film is absolutely perfect and Elisabeth Moss is a drat star

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Endless Mike posted:

I tried the VPN to Fite thing for the last PPV, and it was just not worth it. It kept disconnecting and being generally lovely. I'm just paying the full cost from now on.

The Fite app killed my modem over and over so it might not have been the VPN. Fite works fine for me in a browser but I don't bother with the app anymore.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The Fite app killed my modem over and over so it might not have been the VPN. Fite works fine for me in a browser but I don't bother with the app anymore.

I have no trouble with the app for GCW shows, but using it over VPN didn't work at all.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

The new Invisible Man film is absolutely perfect and Elisabeth Moss is a drat star

Movies about super powered domestic violence are seriously not my jam. Glad you dug it tho.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHK74eitmQ

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He Poos Clouds should be Cody's music IMO

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

My experience with protonvpn for Revolution was pretty good. There was a one second long hiccup at one point during the match but that was it. Quality was great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

My favorite thing about it is not just that it was good, it's that now there's potential for more good new Universal horror movies. The director broke down how he would love to direct a simplified, stripped down to the bare basics Dracula movie and I'd love to see him do it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No way dude, time for Dark Universe attempt #4

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There's nothing funnier to me than the period where all of these studios desperately tried to astroturf an Avengers universe with their properties with as little effort as possible. The Dark loving Universe.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

NienNunb posted:

There's nothing funnier to me than the period where all of these studios desperately tried to astroturf an Avengers universe with their properties with as little effort as possible. The Dark loving Universe.

The best thing it produced was when the studio accidentally uploaded The Mummy trailer with the most of the music, sound effects, and dialogues missing. Just a full trailer of Tom Cruise screaming into the void:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRqxyqjpOHs

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

Universal's attempt was funny because it was hamfisted, but at least it involves universally recognizable characters that are permanently woven into western cultural conscience. DC equally rushed its lovely Avengers style film "multiverse" and they were just throwin in deep cuts like Kitana and Captain Boomerang out of the gate and sincerely believed anyone was gonna give a poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bat man is a rear end hole. superman is a rear end in a top hat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that the Justice League movie was clearly the first big milestone "conclusion" of a series of movies that didn't actually exist. The scenes where they talk about how Superman brought hope and light to the world are lovely... except they're not actually referencing any movie that was actually made because none of that is anywhere to be found in Man of Steel or Batman vs. Superman.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 2, 2020

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I love that the Justice League movie was clearly the first big milestone "conclusion" of a series of movies that didn't actually exist.
Best part of that is it creates a sentiment where you find yourself wishing there was a Cyborg or Flash or Aquaman movie with those actors to lead into it. So paradoxically you wanted movies that didn't exist, and didn't want the movies that did exist, and then it all kinda fizzled out anyway.

And then Aquaman was that paradox given form, with half the movie drab plot boredom straight out of snyderville, and then the other half actual fun. WW84 looks good, at least, but I get that feeling it's going to try to gotg the soundtrack and not a lot of directors seem to get how to make that work.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Finished watching BoJack Horseman. Absolutely amazing show, and I think I need to do something to cheer me up now.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
aquaman sucked poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really didn't like Aquaman either but the WW movie was legit good and I have high hopes for WW84.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Superman is my favorite fictional character so the Zack Snyder movies are uhhhhh not my favorite

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Aquaman is a stupid idiot film. It was also genuinely better and more fun to watch than Endgame.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

NienNunb posted:

Superman is my favorite fictional character so the Zack Snyder movies are uhhhhh not my favorite
They do the appeal of the character a massive disservice.

But I'm a mark for the animated series and you know the one I mean. That's Superman to me.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

They do the appeal of the character a massive disservice.

But I'm a mark for the animated series and you know the one I mean. That's Superman to me.

Superman TAS is the best poo poo in the world. I have an absolutely twisted, Joker-esque ranking of comic book cartoons.

1. Superman
2. X-Men
3. JL/JLU
4. Static Shock
5. Batman Brave and the Bold
6. Teen Titans Go
7. Batman
8. Wolverine and the X-Men
9. The Batman
10. Hulk

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Superman TAS is the best poo poo in the world. I have an absolutely twisted, Joker-esque ranking of comic book cartoons.

1. Superman
2. X-Men
3. JL/JLU
4. Static Shock
5. Batman Brave and the Bold
6. Teen Titans Go
7. Batman
8. Wolverine and the X-Men
9. The Batman
10. Hulk

Its been a while since we have met on this particular battlefield, but here we are again, old friend

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

movies deserve to be rated, and above and beyond all the dc cartoons the movie adaptation of All Star Superman is number 1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's not a movie, but I think one of my all time favorite Superman stories is from that weird limited series they did in the middle of Final Crisis. Superman is taken to some crazy world of conceptual reality where power is dictated by the belief in the story. There's some horrible death monster representation of Entropy or something and it's the most powerful thing in existence because everybody knows and believes in the fact that eventually everything ends and dies. But then as it arrives to basically kill everything, one of the characters says,"Except... I found a better story. Of a child sent from a dying planet by loving parents to become a symbol of hope...." and then Superman arrives and beats the poo poo out of entropy :hellyeah:

I mean, it's utterly ridiculous but it is the kind of crazy,"gently caress you, hope wins!" stuff I love and Superman can represent that so well (also Spider-Man, because God love him he's a beautiful moron who tries his best :shobon:)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

There's a version of Superman I really want to see in a movie and it's just this simple Kansas boy with all the powers in the world just trying his best to help this crazy world I want to see that kind of innocence and naivety

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I recent rewatched some of Batman TAS and its still great poo poo. The art is amazing and the stories aren't all straight comic adaptations. For a lot of people of my generation, this is batman's canon. Arguably the last dying gasp of non-outsourced american animation too.

Spent a good long day with Rune Factory 4 special. The storyline kinda took me by surprise because I only played the Wii Runefactory for like 20 minutes before I had to go deal with nonsense and never got back to it. I didn't really expect anything other than "gee can you go smack 3 of these, please" story stuff. Have not checked out the husbando or the other SP modes. Its a novel Do Everything RPG.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't watch a video comparing 23 new york slices if you live in the woods 700 miles away

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Joe's in the east village is the best slice in the city by a country mile.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ok spiderman

jk the video said it was toptier. Me too, i said it. I ate the pizza just now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I am spiderman

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

spider-man

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TIL that shitposting an evil train to death isn’t even remotely the goofiest thing in the dark tower series so im gonna just tap out here haha

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

TIL that shitposting an evil train to death isn’t even remotely the goofiest thing in the dark tower series so im gonna just tap out here haha

What, you don't like Dr. Doom Wolf Robots shooting quidditch bombs?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

My impressive procrastination skills have lead to this day where I have to finish and submit an awful essay tonight which is like 70% there and also study for two exams that are gonna take place tomorrow. I haven’t even opened the text books yet. I’m good at studying

Edit: To be clear, I can do this. I’m generally good enough at bullshitting in exams that I’ve only ever once failed one out of the like hundred total I’ve done at the university

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 2, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some people can kill the undertaker, and some people can do college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It's just great to notice that I'm still as garbage at studying as three years ago when I was doing my master's degree. I generally get great marks for everything I do but I procrastinate and postpone poo poo I have to do insanely much and cause myself so much additional stress and anxiety because of how I work.