Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!

pseudanonymous posted:

Well frankly if having an actual lease agreement with my mom will in some way hurt me it will magically not exist.

You posted on an internet lollercoaster forum for legal advice and continue to not take any of the not legal advice given haha. In a way your ongoing replies are significant unintended contributions to the comedic value of this website. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

Doctor Party posted:

You posted on an internet lollercoaster forum for legal advice and continue to not take any of the not legal advice given haha. In a way your ongoing replies are significant unintended contributions to the comedic value of this website. Good job.

no poo poo sherlock, do you want to see the manifesto or not? some people

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

just popping up to say that i am very invested in this ongoing drama

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Legal Questions: Biting the Spoon that Feeds You

did you just tell the internet you're planning to destroy evidence of a contract to hide and deny its existence in legal proceedings

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Shyamalan twist: it's a group home.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

My mom and brother and I never actually signed anything. So I'm worried that if he fights an eviction or gets crazier, I don't really have any proof on paper that I'm really the landlord.

If you are worried about this then bring it up with your lawyer and ask if it's a problem. Do not take any steps at all without talking to an expert. If nothing else if it's unhelpful it's a waste of your time and energy even if you do successfully pretend it doesn't exist. Why would you do it before you see the person who can tell you whether it's a good idea or not and also if it is a good idea what the document needs to say?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Please show the lawyer your posts.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Legal Questions: Please Show The Lawyer Your Posts

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

pseudanonymous posted:

Well frankly <bad stuff>

Either remove this immediately as an incredibly dumb own goal should you ever need to litigate about this, or go all in and post the manifesto.

Edit: that was last page, whoops. Please just post the manifesto now.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Are you telling him to destroy the evidence of his willingness to destroy evidence ?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here, let me just preserve this evidence. I'm not a lawyer, I just enjoy preserving evidence of a person admitting that they would commit some sort of fraud or whatever that would be.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Leperflesh posted:

Here, let me just preserve this evidence. I'm not a lawyer, I just enjoy preserving evidence of a person admitting that they would commit some sort of fraud or whatever that would be.

"Spoilation of evidence." Can lead to an "adverse inference" (i.e., if they destroyed this evidence, you know it sucks for them) and in rare cases can lead to you automatically losing the your case.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I mean that's just an illegal way of saying they'll mutually agree to dissolve the contract right?

Still not sure why you'd do that before getting a lawyer

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Modus Pwnens posted:

I mean that's just an illegal way of saying they'll mutually agree to dissolve the contract right?

Still not sure why you'd do that before getting a lawyer

No. He was saying he’s gonna make spoonman sign a lease or contract of some sort and then if a lawyer said it was invalid destroy it and do what the lawyer says.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mr. Nice! posted:

No. He was saying he’s gonna make spoonman sign a lease or contract of some sort and then if a lawyer said it was invalid destroy it and do what the lawyer says.

No, I said I would get a written lease with my mom, the actual home owner, but that I wouldn't sign it until I talked to a lawyer, in case there was some weird consequence of my taking over the lease and not immediately evicting spoonman or something like that. People have advised me not to make spoonman sign a lease until I talk to a lawyer, and I'm not planning to.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Legal Questions: Dig Up, Idiot

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Didn't you read his hissyfit a couple pages back?

He's just joking guys! :v:

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Wait pseudanonymous you gotta be careful. If a woman sees a nice inviting spoon they are going to swoon. And since woman play an unfair role in the home-buying process, a woman who falls in love with your roommates spoons is going to help you sell your home (someday).

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Carillon posted:

Wait pseudanonymous you gotta be careful. If a woman sees a nice inviting spoon they are going to swoon. And since woman play an unfair role in the home-buying process, a woman who falls in love with your roommates spoons is going to help you sell your home (someday).
Yes. That said, posting the manifesto would help.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
From the other context we've gotten, I'm guessing it's closer to a note saying "leave me alone, or email me, you loving weirdo" than a "manifesto"

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

nm posted:

Yes. That said, posting the manifesto would help.

Yeah, as long as you cite it APA-style you won't get in trouble. I learned that in college.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Day 4 of "SPOON MAAEEIUUHHN" stuck in my head

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

blarzgh posted:

You're a menace

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

blarzgh posted:

drat you

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Legal Questions: Dig Up, Idiot

We're clearly in the pissing in the hole stage.

Discendo Vox posted:

Please show the lawyer your posts.

Hope everyone's ready for their posts to be read into the record.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

blarzgh posted:

Lmao

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Remind us again why you suspect this guy will possibly murder your dog, burn your/his house down, and is masturbating in public? It sounds like you just don't like the guy and are being super childish about it and he is responding in kind. You're posting photos of his stuff on the internet to try to humiliate him for your own amusement but acting like him putting a GoPro in the same space makes him a psycho.

It's clear you just plain hate this guy and have decided he's "dangerous" to justify acting like a prick.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Badger of Basra posted:

Legal Questions: Please Show The Lawyer Your Posts

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

you guys need to learn to milk these things a little better. he's never gonna post the manifesto now and i really wanted to see it

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I dunno, we got the emails last time.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Not to get off topic but in other news, I thought you guys would find this interesting.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Eminent Domain posted:

We're clearly in the pissing in the hole stage.

Hope everyone's ready for their posts to be read into the record.

Let the record show my dick is tremendous and admirable.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

blarzgh posted:

Not to get off topic but in other news, I thought you guys would find this interesting.

And just like that it’s 1994.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ok you sell out landlord lawyers

tell me about this

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=162-38-100

If I get a service dog do I even have to notify my landlord? Do I have to get like a written prescription? Can my landlord even put limitations on what breed of service dog I can get or anything like that?

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 2, 2020

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Doorknob Slobber posted:

ok you sell out landlord lawyers

tell me about this

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=162-38-100

If I get a service dog do I even have to notify my landlord? Do I have to get like a written prescription? Can my landlord even put limitations on what breed of service dog I can get or anything like that?

This field is complicated. Service animals are not emotional support animals, and are governed under regulations pursuant to the ADA. Emotional support animals are a thing under the federal Fair Housing Act however.

If you're seriously concerned about this and have an actual animal helping you with something real, talk to your local disability rights organization about sending your landlord a request for reasonable accommodation.

If you're just fuxking around and want a license to break your landlord's rules so you can keep peacocks in the house or something, please loving don't.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This field is complicated. Service animals are not emotional support animals, and are governed under regulations pursuant to the ADA. Emotional support animals are a thing under the federal Fair Housing Act however.

If you're seriously concerned about this and have an actual animal helping you with something real, talk to your local disability rights organization about sending your landlord a request for reasonable accommodation.

If you're just fuxking around and want a license to break your landlord's rules so you can keep peacocks in the house or something, please loving don't.

My therapist recommended a psychiatric service dog, my landlord says "lol give us $800 dollars and it can only be a small dog" i dont actually have a dog yet. What makes me mostly mad is we paid $250 each for our cats when we signed the lease years ago and its stupid they can change the terms of that on us after we aren't in a lease anymore. Landlords can just make all sorts of poo poo up to control your life. Can't wait until they mostly die of coronavirus or get sent to central park during the revolution.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 2, 2020

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

My therapist recommended a psychiatric service dog, my landlord says "lol give us $800 dollars and it can only be a small dog" i dont actually have a dog yet. What makes me mostly mad is we paid $250 each for our cats when we signed the lease years ago and its stupid they can change the terms of that on us after we aren't in a lease anymore. Landlords can just make all sorts of poo poo up to control your life. Can't wait until they mostly die of coronavirus or get sent to central park during the revolution.

Definitely try to find a local advocacy org. Some states have protections for people with disabilities that go further than the ADA (which is federal).

E: the available protections can hinge on whether a psychiatric condition is considered a disability, so the particulars of your case are really the deciding factors.

BonerGhost fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 3, 2020

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Call these folks:

https://www.disabilityrightswa.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Oh we're doing landlord lawyers? Here's a fun one:

- Section 8 prospective tenant wants to rent from landlord, turns out the Section 8 voucher cap is $500/mo short so landlord says sorry, they'd be losing money on that so they can't make it work

- Landlord gets a call from a lawyer... lawyer explains that he's engaged to the prospective tenant, and wants to cover the difference by "renting an area in the basement as storage", for $6000 cashier's check up front for the whole year. Bank check memo will say as much on it, and that's actually a not-crazy price for the storage regardless. Landlord confirmed the lawyer has been licensed locally for decades.

- Lawyer assures no shenanigans, as it would be mutually assured destruction; if lawyer doesn't pay the $6000 again next year as agreed, landlord can coincidentally decide not to renew lease.

Certainly this is unorthodox, but is the landlord walking into some kind of trap?