Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The more I think about a move speed/stamina armor the more I realize how badly that would break the flow of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Calaveron posted:

More enemy types please
More weapon types please

These are the two I'd like the most. Different types in different environments would be a nice, atmospheric touch.

There should be things like dual-wielded swords, and flails, and all sorts of other crazy weapon types that all handle differently.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
More "chemistry" interactions. Let me turn over a tankard of water, causing a stream to run towards the enemies' feet, then let me drop my electric sword from upstream to give them a shock. What if holding a "dark" elemental weapon gives me the nighttime sneak bonus?

Ideally they'll introduce like 14 new material types so that there will be weapons/enemies/armor/etc corresponding to each Pokemon type. Then I can use a bug-powered sword to fight peahats, and throw a fist-powered boomerang to do double damage to sexy Ganon.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Also finally allowing me to achieve my dream of effectively biting ghosts.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Not sure if I want to solve another 150 something physics puzzles in the sequel. That would be my main gripe.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smol posted:

Not sure if I want to solve another 150 something physics puzzles in the sequel. That would be my main gripe.

What exactly do you want from a Zelda game

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

The Bloop posted:

What exactly do you want from a Zelda game

Block pushing puzzles

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cattail Prophet posted:

If teleporting your horse is allowed can you really call it a No Fast Travel run? :thunk:

Link isnt fast traveling the horse is

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Argue posted:

Then I can use a bug-powered sword to fight peahats, and throw a fist-powered boomerang to do double damage to sexy Ganon.

👏EVERY👏GANON👏IS👏SEXY👏GANON👏

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

canyoneer posted:

👏EVERY👏GANON👏IS👏SEXY👏GANON👏

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I want to be able to boil lakes dry; I want to start raging wildfires that deforest entire regions; in short I want Link to be an unprecedented ecological disaster.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
With the amount Link eats, he already is

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I had a realization while playing horizon zero dawn - the cauldrons are essentially Zelda dungeons. A large underground area, Introduce a new mechanic, and then use that mechanic in new and interesting ways until you figure a boss. The rewards are cool too - not more powerful weapons, just a new tool you can use. I hope BOTW2 takes some inspiration from it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I want to be able to boil lakes dry; I want to start raging wildfires that deforest entire regions; in short I want Link to be an unprecedented ecological disaster.

Leave no jar standing

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hyrule unites to resurrect Calamity Ganon because it turns out he was less destructive over all

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'd be happy if BoTW2 gave Link* the ability to swim underwater so we could explore those amazing coral growths and tidepools we are shown.

*And Zelda as well since she'll be a playable character in 2 :colbert:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

ItBreathes posted:

Block pushing puzzles

And golf. Indoor putt putt golf. Outdoor long shots. Indoor long shots. Golf quests, golf accessories and golf enemies.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

The more I think about a move speed/stamina armor the more I realize how badly that would break the flow of the game.

The rule of thumb is that in single-player games if you're going to include an item that increases movement speed you should just make that the default movement speed and forget about the item.

Stamina-for-sprinting is pretty much a holdover from Skyward Sword (where it was also a bad decision) and it would make sense to just have sprinting be the default speed for pushing the stick all the way forward. I don't know why paragliding takes stamina either, given that it's already naturally limited by gravity.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bunny hood side, I generally agree. I really want stamina to be more targeted, like you can run all day without breaking a sweat as long as you're not fighting or something where it'd be more tactically interesting.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I agree. Sprinting should not cost you any stamina at all unless you use it in combat. Climbing should, simply as a limitation to sequence breaking and as something to give you a measurable sense of improvement from increasing your stats over time.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

In addition, I'd probably also replace upgrading stamina with upgrading the speed at which you swim/climb. I know this sounds like it contradicts what I said earlier, but I'd say the problem with upgrading running speed is that it converts upgrades into not wasting the player's time (which should not be wasted from the start), while swimming/climbing is about spending stamina as a resource to overcome an in-game obstacle. The problem there is that while doubling stamina doubles the obstacles that can be overcome, it also doubles the amount of real time the player has to invest, which upgrading speed wouldn't.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I don't disagree with that rule of thumb but i don't think it's ironclad. There's definitely ways to make games where upgrading your movement speed, temporarily or permanently, does not feel bad or like you've had your time wasted.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

have they released botw2 yet

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Yes. Go ask your local game store for a copy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't believe they made Tingle your companion and you have to pay him for every upgrade :arghfist:

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Amppelix posted:

thanks on my way now

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Amppelix posted:

I did this and woah dude, zelda really likes to use gamer words

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

This is a bold statement but I think botw has the deepest combat of any console adventure game to date. Anyone who disagrees needs to beat or watch someone play through the trial of the sword to see the many ways enemies can be defeated, then name a game that has more dynamic combat possibilities.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't have a wide enough experience to judge that, but I was pretty blown away when some of the bigger enemies tapped into that and just started picking up smaller enemies to throw at me when they weren't hitting me with their own weapons.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

just got back from the store with my copy of botw2. can't wait to get started :)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

ok so it would appear I just bought a second copy of botw with the number 2 written in sharpie on the cover

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Breath of the Wild has relatively few enemies, but these enemies have really detailed and responsive behavior. It's hard to notice how smart they are because the ones that live long enough to really show off their behavior patterns are the ones you prefer to avoid because they take so long to kill.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
While better combat would be nice, I'd be happy with more enemy types and an expanded range of behaviors for even more fun situations. What if Darknuts hunted Lynels for sport, or what if Bokoblins cautiously approached odd weapons to experiment with them and see what they do?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't believe they made Tingle your companion and you have to pay him for every upgrade :arghfist:

You already have all your weapons and upgrades, but you have to get permission from Tingle to unlock them on your slate.

Zelda: other Z

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

On a scale of 1 to 10, how horny for Link will everyone be in BOTW2?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how horny for Link will everyone be in BOTW2?

I hear they plan to tone that down, so I'd say only an 11 this time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did this and woah dude, zelda really likes to use gamer words

heated goron moment

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

heated goron moment

SHALE!

edit: img tooooo big

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 2, 2020

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

heated goron moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Champion’s Ballad DLC is really cool because it’s causing me to rediscover all these zones I ignored at first because of tough enemies. Now I’m a Eldritch Lazer Knight from the future and nothing can touch me and this trio of sleepy Hinoxes will wither and die!