Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Just saw the new movie. It's real good. Lots of good fights and great visuals. Almost the whole class gets to do things too.

It doesn't spoiler much if you haven't read the manga, a character shows up that we won't meet until the next arc, and a few costume changes and character designs get revealed. Nothing that I would consider a huge spoiler, but still be prepared anyways.

Also: https://twitter.com/pero56870578/status/1216073261500502023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Rhonne posted:

Just saw the new movie. It's real good. Lots of good fights and great visuals. Almost the whole class gets to do things too.

It doesn't spoiler much if you haven't read the manga, a character shows up that we won't meet until the next arc, and a few costume changes and character designs get revealed. Nothing that I would consider a huge spoiler, but still be prepared anyways.
Just got back from seeing it too, I enjoyed the first movie but this one was way better.
I also read way too much into people saying beforehand that it's set where the manga is and has spoilers for the anime and for a moment genuinely thought that MOVIE SPOILERS Deku was actually going to lose one for all, which in hindsight was never going to happen but I totally bought into it and it gave the last fight way more weight for me MOVIE SPOILERS.

InspectorCarbonara fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 27, 2020

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The movie was amazing and if you have the chance you have to go watch it.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Just saw the movie as well. If you get a chance to see it on the big screen some of the animation is incredible. I definitely see where the budget for animating the fight between Mirio and Overhaul went.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Movies are nice and all but I hope they put more budget into the show

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Fartbox posted:

Movies are nice and all but I hope they put more budget into the show

Well movie's over so they should have most of the staff back. Hopefully this will mean we get some really nice animation in upcoming episodes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Can't wait to see Class B's totally original and in no way copywrite infringing play.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Gentle and La Brava continue to be the best.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

pointlessone posted:

Gentle and La Brava continue to be the best.

They really do! They've totally nailed that lovable villain mood where you're actually kind of rooting for them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 29, 2020

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

A very powerful Mina.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

MIB: Mina in Black - a side story about pro hero Alien Queen making sure literal aliens are following the law

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The new movie is very fan-fictiony but pretty good I think

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man Gentle's dub voice is great.

https://twitter.com/Oceaniz96/status/1233826333299482626?s=20

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love this so loving much.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I didn't have to watch that whole video but I did anyway because that voice is so perfect.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

:five:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
As an actual Brit, that sounds mostly fake, but it also really works for his character.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What's with the filter on La Brava's voice though? She sounds like she's coming through a radio

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

What's with the filter on La Brava's voice though? She sounds like she's coming through a radio

I think it's just supposed to signify her being on the other end of the camera, she sounds normal in other scenes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Any idea who voices Gentle in the dub?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

John Gremillion.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I forgot about Mineta's line this episode and it's been a very long while since I've felt my skin crawl like that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

John Gremillion.

his name is gremillion because he's gonna dub a million people

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

As an actual Brit, that sounds mostly fake, but it also really works for his character.

Exactly. An American actor putting on a fake upper-class accent is actually perfect for this role.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

I forgot about Mineta's line this episode and it's been a very long while since I've felt my skin crawl like that

I think Deku's been living next to him for too long, he almost makes a comment on Nejire's boobs in this episode.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

I think Deku's been living next to him for too long, he almost makes a comment on Nejire's boobs in this episode.

At least he's socially awkward about being around attractive women and tends to look away (as seen with Mei)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

At least he's socially awkward about being around attractive women and tends to look away (as seen with Mei)

That, and he's probably still traumatized from the last time he was around Mei.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's been too long since I've heard about MY BABIES

It has not been too long since I remember praying they would remove "I'd like to see you in 10 years" from the anime but god damnit

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mineta,

perish

Augus fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 1, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Eej posted:

It's been too long since I've heard about MY BABIES

It has not been too long since I remember praying they would remove "I'd like to see you in 10 years" from the anime but god damnit

Yeah, I'm not sure why Horikoshi put Grape Quagmire in his manga, but I don't like it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just saw the movie, it's a real good time. Puts the cast to great use, a lot of the b- and c-listers get to have at least one if not a couple of moments where they punch way above their weight at a surprising moment. Spends a lot of time riffing on a lot of the starry-eyed "heroism as a public service" idealism I've always considered the series' best written material, too. The spoiler talk is mostly overrated, all it amounts to is brief glimpses of a few characters we haven't met yet and a vague allusion to a thing that will happen to Deku later. Highly recommend it.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why Horikoshi put Grape Quagmire in his manga, but I don't like it.

It wouldn't be highschool without at least one hormone driven jackass? At least he's played completely as a horrible pervert that gets shut down at every turn instead of just being the perv who gropes girls at every scene he's in.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I did get a laugh at Mineta getting existential about the festival and Mina writing in a harem part for him and his mood immediately doing a 180

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I also enjoyed the "I can't play guitar because of my character design!" joke from the last episode.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

pointlessone posted:

It wouldn't be highschool without at least one hormone driven jackass? At least he's played completely as a horrible pervert that gets shut down at every turn instead of just being the perv who gropes girls at every scene he's in.

Yeah, the perverted over-hormoned highschooler is a trope as old as anime itself.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Because he finds him funny to write and enjoys writing him, as he's said.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
I think part of it also had to do with Mineta being easy to draw.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can he at least get a costume that looks less like a diaper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

pointlessone posted:

Telling a 6 year old girl she's gonna be hot in 10 years is I think way over the line for "funny perverted high school jokes"