Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I hate when people serve me eggs and don’t give me any ketchup

That's what the tAbasco they give you is for.

VV fixed for you :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My pet peeve is when people spell tabasco wrong.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

The fact that morons can edit your Stack Exchange questions to be completely wrong yet you can't directly message them to tell them to gently caress off.

Riatsala has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Feb 27, 2020

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Printers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Inspector 34 posted:

That's what the tAbasco they give you is for.

VV fixed for you :-)

Chalala

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mayo

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

You mix mayo and ketchup for fries

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

and sriracha and relish

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Surprised to learn yesterday that spelling mistakes don't matter in Final Jeopardy. Not a peeve though; all the other answers are spoken so it feels right that as long as you make yourself understood it's OK.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

and sriracha and relish

Actually, if you add a third component it is tapatio

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

There are three doughnut boxes in the break room left over from yesterday, each with 1/4 of a doughnut left. I feel nothing but disdain for the weak-willed office drone paralyzed with fear at being the one who takes the last doughnut. gently caress you and the germs you definitely left behind.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Riatsala posted:

There are three doughnut boxes in the break room left over from yesterday, each with 1/4 of a doughnut left. I feel nothing but disdain for the weak-willed office drone paralyzed with fear at being the one who takes the last doughnut. gently caress you and the germs you definitely left behind.

I don't understand the people who, upon seeing a box full of donuts decide that they will not consume the entire donuts. We seriously have several people in my offices that do not wash their hands after using the bathroom. No one wants the remainder after you've touched it because we don't know which gross weirdo you are, just take the whole thing you coward.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
What if I take two donuts

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I get so sick of people "Canadian-ing" the last (cookie, doughnut, whatever) that I just take it and toss it in the trash. gently caress everyone being "too polite" to take it. Just get them out of my sight. It's difficult enough to eat well without your constant plates of garbage food being around acting as a temptation.

Also I am fully against 1/2 and 1/4 doughnut takers. Are you the rear end in a top hat suggested servings are based on? 9 potato chips? WHAT?!?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

Joey Freshwater posted:

What if I take two donuts

Someone takes two doughnuts and leaves none for me: Sucks, happens, better luck next time

Someone leaves half a doughnut for me: gently caress you, meet me outside, bring your fists

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Enjoy the dry, exposed ends of doughnut interior to bookend your half-doughnut experience

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't understand the people who, upon seeing a box full of donuts decide that they will not consume the entire donuts. We seriously have several people in my offices that do not wash their hands after using the bathroom. No one wants the remainder after you've touched it because we don't know which gross weirdo you are, just take the whole thing you coward.

This ranks right up there with leaving half an inch of nasty burnt coffee in the pot. Just make another pot you lazy piece of detritus.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Riatsala posted:

Someone takes two doughnuts and leaves none for me: Sucks, happens, better luck next time

Someone leaves half a doughnut for me: gently caress you, meet me outside, bring your fists

This is the best post I've read in what seems like forever.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
nazis stealing the word "zionist"

Like it's now impossible to easily describe my jewish thoughts about Israel now because "zionist" now doesn't mean what it is supposed to mean, it's shorthand for a racist goy's fever dream about a judeo-bolshevik lizardfolk conspiracy, and half of the lib goyim I say it to will hear "I am anti-zionist" and launch into "you are a self-hating jew" contortions

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

WHAT THE gently caress IS A FLINSTONE

YOU WERE A DUMB KID WHO SOMEHOW CANT ACCEPT YOU WERE DUMB AND WRONG ABOUT poo poo

STOP IT

STOP WITH THIS MANDELA EFFECT poo poo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Ahh yes that very common rock flin

Everything else is rock puns, this must also be a pun

About the rock flin

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Mandela Effect is named after White kids being ignorant about Apartheid.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

disregard

Indolent Bastard has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Mar 2, 2020

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
The only one of those that ever seems accurate is if it's Berenstein Bears. Or is it Berenstain? I still gently caress that up.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

People letting their stupid dogs bark loudly early on a Sunday morning. It's not like people might like to sleep in on a Sunday. No, sir. Crazy talk.

gently caress yooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu! :argh:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Leavemywife posted:

The only one of those that ever seems accurate is if it's Berenstein Bears. Or is it Berenstain? I still gently caress that up.

But that’s not a psychological effect it’s just people being wrong about a slightly unusual name!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Okay look theres no way I'm wrong, the only reasonable explanation is that I'm from an alternate universe where a letter in the names of a children's book writer duo had one letter different

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
The Mandela effect is when you'd rather claim that you're being gaslighted than admit you just didn't remember something correctly.

Is there a real term for something like "beam me up, Scotty" or "Luke, I am your father", where people don't realize that the popular conception of something isn't the original version but assume it is? My favorite recent example is so many people attributing “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met” to John Green that he himself came to believe he had written it (the real source was a John Green Tumblr).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

lavaca posted:

The Mandela effect is when you'd rather claim that you're being gaslighted than admit you just didn't remember something correctly.

Is there a real term for something like "beam me up, Scotty" or "Luke, I am your father", where people don't realize that the popular conception of something isn't the original version but assume it is? My favorite recent example is so many people attributing “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met” to John Green that he himself came to believe he had written it (the real source was a John Green Tumblr).

r/retconned is full of people who think “we all died in 2012 and were sent to an alternate universe that’s slightly different” is a more reasonable explanation than “I misremembered something”. It’s wild.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'm still sparked up about flin

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brawnfire posted:

I'm still sparked up about flin

Steel yourself for more puns then.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On a similar note, I never realised the swashbuckling actor's name was actually Errol Flint. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What, you've never heard the term 'in like flint' before?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/dHbZeDM.gifv

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

lavaca posted:

And sometimes people aren't even really misremembering. The Disney version of Snow White might have "magic mirror" but it is a fairy story with a billion different versions and a bunch of them will actually have "mirror mirror".

Same with We Are the Champions: there are famous versions that end with "of the world", despite what articles on the Mandela effect claim.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I don't know why all my pet peeves are about English grammar, and I promise when ESL people say these constructions it doesn't bother me at all, but I HATE it when people drop 'it'd be' from 'it'd be good if'. "Good if we could get this done by the end of the week" still isn't a sentence, put it back.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Living in the cajun southern US is hell for that kind of thing. People just start sentences in the middle and expect you to mentally fill in everything that came before it while they continue to rattle off more words.

edit: My pet peeve is Louisiana. Just like all of it. Don't live in Louisiana. Don't go to Louisiana. Don't think about Louisiana, it's not real, someone made it up and everyone's going along with the joke.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m not sure if this is a safety thing or not, but if I’m not leaving for work by a certain time I’ll get stuck behind school buses who stop at individual houses now, and will wait over a minute for the kid to get on the bus. If there were just a few bus stops it would go a lot faster, because this just makes traffic terrible in the area I live.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Living in the cajun southern US is hell for that kind of thing. People just start sentences in the middle and expect you to mentally fill in everything that came before it while they continue to rattle off more words.

edit: My pet peeve is Louisiana. Just like all of it. Don't live in Louisiana. Don't go to Louisiana. Don't think about Louisiana, it's not real, someone made it up and everyone's going along with the joke.

If you don’t like New Orleans you are an absolute clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you don’t like New Orleans you are an absolute clown.

Reposted for emphasis