Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm talkin' to you, dub. Don't let me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

personally I can't wait to see the scene of Johnny going to heaven animated

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad Miruko seems to be doing good now, but now I'm worried about Twice. It looks like he's about to learn about Hawks' betrayal soon and that's probably gonna destroy him. :smith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

amigolupus posted:

I really like the detail of Mirko using her own hair as a makeshift tourniquet. Like goddamn, how strong is her hair to even be able to stop her from bleeding out.

It also speaks to how fragile the Paranormal Liberation Front actually is that Skeptic immediately casts all the blame on Twice rather than admit that he hosed up on his surveillance of Hawks.

He's a CEO, of course he'd never accept blame for a major gently caress up.

Bigwinnie101
Jan 26, 2020

Adder Moray posted:

Alternatively it's less that she wanted to and more that it's really really really hard for her not to. Which gives me the idea that the only reason she's #5 and not #1 already is because she expends 90% of her effort in a fight holding back enough to not immediately kill every single problem.

Its been noted before with endevour that he hardly if ever goes all out because his low powered flames take care of most villains by overwhelming them.

When he stopped holding back we saw him start demolishing buildings and become a miniature sun during his high end fight. To be a hero you have to be so much better than the villain because you have to fight opponents who want to kill you while holding back and making sure not to kill them in return.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Blockhouse posted:

I will never complain about women not getting to do things in this manga ever again

okay no that's a lie I almost definitely will but I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts because hot drat

Watching the anime reminded me that Nejire does basically nothing while her best friends get an entire episode for them to showcase their stuff. Then she gets dumped into "guess I'll be in the beauty competition" for the next ark.

lol

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Bigwinnie101 posted:

Its been noted before with endevour that he hardly if ever goes all out because his low powered flames take care of most villains by overwhelming them.

When he stopped holding back we saw him start demolishing buildings and become a miniature sun during his high end fight. To be a hero you have to be so much better than the villain because you have to fight opponents who want to kill you while holding back and making sure not to kill them in return.

Hell, we already got a picture of what Endeavor is actually capable of against "okay to kill" targets way back in the Stain arc where he loving blowtorched a Nomu's head off.

I'm actually not that surprised that Mirko is an engine of destruction, since as you say to be a hero you need to be immeasurably better than villains to begin with, and she's part of the top 10 despite having a power that isn't immediately super flashy like Endeavor's.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Considering Mirko's quirk is just "does what a rabbit can, but better", Tsuyu really needs to start working out.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I appreciate that Mirko's rabbit ears are her actual ears and not just glued to the top of her head like every other animal person design in the world.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Considering Mirko's quirk is just "does what a rabbit can, but better", Tsuyu really needs to start working out.

Tsuyu would be an amazing choice to go intern with her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

To be fair though, how exactly do you go about improving on “is a frog”?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Larryb posted:

A banjo?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Larryb posted:

Is a lucha frog

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Mirko can do anything a rabbit can, but what they don't realize is that she has the powers of a very specific rabbit.
For as bad as the series was, I loved when the narrator would go all national geographics in Terra Formars and explain what specific animal kingdom trivia would overcome someone. Now I want Mirko to get the same treatment.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Larryb posted:

She already did by developing her camouflage ability. The obvious next steps are to develop poisonous skin and then poison shooting glands

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well that explains why he tried to give those clothes to Eri.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Froppy's ultimate move will be singing Hello My Baby while holding a top hat and cane.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eej posted:

She already did by developing her camouflage ability. The obvious next steps are to develop poisonous skin and then poison shooting glands

Going from the movie that is something she can either do or is working on.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larryb posted:

Probably the same way Mirko improved "is a rabbit", working out her legs until she can leap over buildings and kick people's heads off their shoulders.

Alternatively, start eating people.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Alternatively, start eating people.

Well we already know she has the stomach for it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Holy loving poo poo Miruko.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Good ol' fighting spirit going on there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Miruko definitely goes looking for people to beat up when not on the job.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Miruko definitely goes looking for people to beat up when not on the job.

apparently that's literally her modus operandi as a hero

instead of having a set office or agency like the others, she just travels to crime hotspots across the nation, sets up a temporary base camp, kicks the poo poo out of every villain in the area, and then moves on

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So she's Rabbit Goku?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Man, she ripped that Nomu's head clean off.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oxxidation posted:

apparently that's literally her modus operandi as a hero

instead of having a set office or agency like the others, she just travels to crime hotspots across the nation, sets up a temporary base camp, kicks the poo poo out of every villain in the area, and then moves on

Huh, she's an RPG protagonist.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Mods requesting a thread name change to “She can do whatever a rabbit can, but even better!”

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

She better make it on a top 10 list for all of this. This arc has been great so far and I can't wait to see it animated in 3 years.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how much they'll have to censor this part in the anime, what with the arm violently getting crushed and ripped off part.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The movie was really loving good

Todoroki really pretty much killed a guy

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Thinking about it... losing an arm probably boosted Mirko's survival odds for this arc, weirdly enough.

If she took the High Ends with only light injuries, she'd be set up perfectly for a fall, getting Shiggy a lot of heat from the win. But as beaten down as she is now, being taken down by a fresh villain isn't nearly as impressive. It also leaves her with obvious reasons she can't take the spotlight from 1-A despite being a badass, since being down an arm (and likely with a lot more injuries soon enough) leaves her in poor shape to rampage like this again any time soon.

Not placing bets on her making it, but right now with the minimal impact on the cast for her death (unlike Nighteye, who had Mirio, Deku, and All Might caring, or Best Jeanist who Bakugo cares about) makes me think she's got a better chance than when she was uninjured.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Hopefully an additional leg can be grafted onto her arm stump.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm not sure the arm makes Miruko less likely to eat it. I think it's more that Horikoshi has made a point of emphasizing that hero work is brutal: All Might, Deku, Iida, Best Jeanist, Endeavor have all suffered major injuries while doing hero work. Even the villains suffer permanent injuries (All for One had his face turned into pudding, Overhaul had his hands sliced off, Mr. Compress lost his arm, Re-Destro chopped off his legs, Shigaraki had several fingers squashed into puree).

Hori also delights in setting something up to be Obviously Going To Happen (Bakugo turning heel, All Might dying at Kamino) and then turning it onto its head.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Carlosologist posted:

Thats exactly what I said to my friend.
Just straight up https://media.tenor.com/images/2f25139c8ab281b645f4eb894e6a471b/tenor.gif

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

That's what I'm saying!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Not gonna lie Midoriya getting a chance to do All Might’s exit shot for shot was pretty cool. One for All being sentient and giving itself back to Deku was also cool. I kinda wish we would have seen Blackwhip since Daigoro was there but alas

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eh, you don't wanna spoil TOO much.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I kinda wish the translation had said that Mirko had "The proportional abilities of a rabbit" or maybe "Does whatever a rabbit can (but better)" but I can understand hedging your bets in an age of high powered Disney lawyers

In any case, I think she's my new favorite non-student hero. She and Tokoyami should form a duo called "Rabbit Hazard"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

So assuming Mirko gets out of this alive (Hori likes her too much for an early death), will Eri/some other healing hero restore her arm in the future or will she get a berserker grade replacement and found the Panzer Kunst?