Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Hard cider should taste like sweet cider, but also have alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Volcott posted:

Hard cider should taste like sweet cider, but also have alcohol.

Sounds like Apfelkorn. Which has defeated many a student drinkers :black101:

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

T-man posted:

The superiority of hard cider must never be questioned.

Agreed

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-man posted:

The carbs though.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Skwirl posted:

The carbs though.

You pay for your pleasures.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I've somehow got this guy on my Facebook and every post is like this...

Yes, it's also always him liking then commenting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/medievalhistory/status/1232726887870255105?s=19

Please, for the love of Christ, read another book.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

(I've been saving these for a while, just been too lazy to post)

Also I screwed up the colours at one point but you can pretty much tell with the hyphens.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Pretty sure Gandalf helped a ton and survived to the end.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
What was Bloomberg's one good thing? I hope they don't mean stop and frisk.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mng posted:

What was Bloomberg's one good thing? I hope they don't mean stop and frisk.

Maybe the soda tax? Which also isn't good because it's just an insanely regressive tax, but it's definitely better than stop and frisk.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They're neolibs, they mean the Wall Street terminals

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Katt posted:

Don't be silly, he died and was sent back with more oomph. He Jesused it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/vermont_boy/status/1233782145187012608

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Whatever your opinion of chapo, that nyt piece on them is super cringe.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Screaming Idiot posted:

This one's for you, Rhino!

HIT👊OR YIFF🦊, I GUESS🤔THEY NEVER🚫YIFF🐾HUH? YOU😲GOT✔️A FUR-FRIEND🙊 I BET🎰HE DOESN'T🙅KNOT💄💦YA!

Skwirl posted:

Please, for the love of Christ, read another book.

https://twitter.com/ScarfyConly/status/1233503582810341376?s=19

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Shithouse Dave posted:

Even hard seltzer isn’t inherently a malt beverage though. It’s carbonated water with ethanol and flavour. Cane sugar and/or corn is the cheapest source of fermentable sugars but I’d imagine malt spirits are prett common too. I’m not fixing to call gin or whiskey “malt liquor” even if that is technically true. And once you get to the industrial concentrations of ethanol that go into these things, I’m not sure it even matters other than in an alcohol duty class kinda way.

I think that the reason hard seltzers like White Claw are brewed, and not mixed from seltzer, flavoring, and alcohol is that this allows them to be classified as a “flavored malt beverage” which in the US is regulated/taxed more favorably than an otherwise identical drink made with spirits.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Imagine Ned is talking about alcohol

https://youtu.be/0ibBDB2OFr8

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Elviscat posted:

But significantly more alcoholic than light beers, with less calories, which is why it's a great light beer replacement.

Natty Light's take on it is 6% abv which is why it's what I'm drinking right now.

I still love a nice IPA, but I save that for rare occasions when I'm letting loose nowadays.

They're fuckin' MADE for those occasions when you're doing physical activity and occasionally chugging some booze, like hiking or snowboarding.

Interestingly enough, Natty Light was one of our biggest sellers last year until the hard seltzer trend started kicking in. It still moves but not nearly at the same pace as it used to. I used to need anywhere from 10-14 boxes of it a week and nowadays I may get three, if I even need it. We just had a beer reset and changed a good number of our stuff over to a hard seltzer. It also seems to be what our innovation/big deals are favoring so far too.

So much hard seltzer in that cooler.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

T-man posted:

:yeah:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I can't hear "Hard seltzer" without imagining someone mixing carbonated water with vodka then like "here you go"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Katt posted:

I can't hear "Hard seltzer" without imagining someone mixing carbonated water with vodka then like "here you go"

Add a few drops of lemon juice and that's essentially what it is, yes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Katt posted:

That would be less odd than what it apparently actually is. Vodka and soda is a pretty common drink? You can even get it premixed in cans.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Katt posted:

Thank gently caress it's not just me. I managed to read several pages having this in my mind:

And thinking everyone had gone completely mental but I was too afraid to ask. Turns out I just can't read.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I'm from the UK. Seltzer is plink plink fizz (hangover cure) so I have NO idea what the hell you lot are drinking.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Sloth Life posted:

I'm from the UK. Seltzer is plink plink fizz (hangover cure) so I have NO idea what the hell you lot are drinking.

Here that’s called alka seltzer.

Seltzer water comes from the name selters. It’s just carbonated water.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Most importantly, _just_ water. No flavour. Just mineral water. It's marketed as water for upscale dining.

The mental picture of a couple sitting in a fancy restaurant pouring vodka into their mineral water is pretty funny though.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I got back to the US and tried hard seltzer after hearing all the hubbub and it's really bleh. It's like some dude went to Japan or Taiwan and tried a Strong Zero or a chuhai or something and said "let's make a bad version of this for boring white people".

content:

https://twitter.com/choo_ek/status/1233811200577720320?s=20

let me tell u about asian lungs!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Katt posted:

That's Dumbledore. Michael Gambon just sort of looks like Ian McKellen in that shot.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

That would be less odd than what it apparently actually is. Vodka and soda is a pretty common drink? You can even get it premixed in cans.

The malt liquor part means it can be sold where beer is sold, vodka+soda premixes can’t be sold in gas stations/beer stores/grocery stores depending on state law.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

EPICAC posted:

I think that the reason hard seltzers like White Claw are brewed, and not mixed from seltzer, flavoring, and alcohol is that this allows them to be classified as a “flavored malt beverage” which in the US is regulated/taxed more favorably than an otherwise identical drink made with spirits.

Yes, and also in some states can be sold in gas stations/supermarkets because it’s classified as a variation of beer.

The article I posted earlier in the thread was pointing out how loose the definition of “malt beverage” is in the US, since the White Claw ferment appears to be cane sugar to which they might have added some rice malt, not a traditional malted barley.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Necrothatcher posted:

I've drunk a lot of beer and never had one that was so bad I thought it was spoiled. What are the signs of it being skunked?

Maybe my taste buds are just hosed from too much spicy food.

The name says it all. Ultraviolet light causes a photochemical reaction in beer that creates a compound with a sulfurous flavor and smell.

For content, energy company creates an image of Greta getting raped to own the libs I guess

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1233436258300506113

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

more like black MARK president :smug: #transwomenforpete

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:psyduck:

Also: lol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i used to teach school in detroit and i am very white and once had a student compliment (?) me with 'you ain't White, Mr. I'

it was weird but i was honored

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

quote:

“His response when I asked him if he was aware that there are stickers circulating with his logo depicting the rape of Greta Thunberg. He said yes, that he is aware,” Narang said.

“And I said, ‘So you are fine with an image that your company condones the rape of children?’ And he said, ‘She is not a child, she is 17.'”
:catstare:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pedos just can’t resist telling other people.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Keepo_man/status/1234200654761091074?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014