Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Gigi Galli posted:

The issue should be why are they even allowed to do this, not any of the technicalities. How are the other teams not up in arms about this?

This rule has existed in one way or another for decades, it only makes to the news and people hear about this when it's a big club who does it. As far as I know last time a club did it was during last year, by Zaragoza, in the second division. I understand if some people gets upset because it highlights once again the economic differences between clubs in the league, but hardly unprecedented.

On the other hand, hiring Braithwaite is a dick move by Barca, by poaching their last decent starting striker Leganes will be hard pressed to not end up being relegated to the second division.

The real issue is why the gently caress they want to pay twenty millions for a player who has no real use for them aside from being a patch until summer? They allegedly had a deal for Angel from Getafe, who's pretty decent, much cheaper and Getafe was willing to sell him, but instead they went for Braithwaite for unexplained reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Angry Lobster posted:

This rule has existed in one way or another for decades, it only makes to the news and people hear about this when it's a big club who does it. As far as I know last time a club did it was during last year, by Zaragoza, in the second division. I understand if some people gets upset because it highlights once again the economic differences between clubs in the league, but hardly unprecedented.

This makes a lot more sense then. I was under the impression that this was just this one time. Still kind of a ridiculous rule for non-goalkeepers honestly.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't get the uproar. This rule has existed since like ever and the talk about it being used for Barca this year started 2 weeks or so ago.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tahirovic posted:

Yeah I don't get the uproar. This rule has existed since like ever and the talk about it being used for Barca this year started 2 weeks or so ago.

It’s a “just” rule in that it is existing precedent and available to all teams, but it is unjust in application: Barca has more money than god and has mismanaged everything and gets to poach a relegation-battling squad for a striker who cannot then be replaced.

It sucks and Barca should have to buy someone from Real imho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
release clauses really shouldn't apply for it since the selling club aren't allowed to buy someone

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The whole thing should be scrapped. It's certainly more "fair" now that I know anyone can do it but aren't some windows still open? Sign an off-calendar league or MLS garbageman if you're that desperate.

Really the answer is to promote one of your youth team.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's pretty funny people think La Liga would give FCB preferential treatment.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lladre posted:

It's pretty funny people think La Liga would give FCB preferential treatment.

Més que un Club

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

oliwan posted:

Més que un Club

Es un puticlub.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/status/1230418599241822208?s=20

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

RIP

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Lmao poor bastard.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Poor bastard .

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Imagine actually believing that Ronald is better than Messi

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ungratek posted:

Imagine actually believing that Ronald is better than Messi

Messi has only done it in 1 league. Ron Ron has done it in 3.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Barca finally found their Messi replacement. Welcome Braitwaithe.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol @ real

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
poo poo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
clasico is getting good

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Farcelona

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Lol ficticius

Barsa doing poo poo as usual

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
maybe barca should change coach again

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

lmao vinicius of all people

Badrid could have hosed up against Leganes on the last matchday, but now they probably won't because Barca took their star striker

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Mariano's 2019-20 La Liga stats.

Minutes played: 1

Touches: 1

Shots: 1

Shots on target: 1

Goals: 1

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

CyberPingu posted:

Mariano's 2019-20 La Liga stats.

Minutes played: 1

Touches: 1

Shots: 1

Shots on target: 1

Goals: 1

lmao

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Valverde would have won

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
decent enough match ruined by having to look at messi's gross beard

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

kcer posted:

decent enough match ruined by having to look at messi's gross beard

That reminds me - who's Ronaldo's beard these days?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

sticksy posted:

That reminds me - who's Ronaldo's beard these days?

lol

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
This game was a mess.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lmao that no call on the Sociedad penalty. Standard Barca ref.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol @ Madrid

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This league is suspended now.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Real Madrid ruin everything.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Garay is the first Liga player to test positive for the virus. Since he was out with a an acl injury he didn’t have any contact with Atalanta when Valencia were playing them :ninja:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Lorenzo Sanz has died of the coronavirus.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
It's a real shame the virus can't be combatted with blood bags and EPO, otherwise Spain would be doing much better.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Can someone explain the Barcelona board thing to me or is just run of the mill Spanish sports drama?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Brass Hand posted:

Can someone explain the Barcelona board thing to me or is just run of the mill Spanish sports drama?

Barça’s board has been scientifically proven to be Elite Next Level Spanish sports drama which is impressive in and of itself.

I’m not a FC Barthhhelona fan but I think a large part of it is related to it being a proxy for political power and independence in Catalonia, especially since its “més que un club“ etc, combined with the ridiculously high expectations of the fans.