Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Gris. Fired it up this morning for a sesh but didn’t realize I was 30 seconds before the ending

I liked it, easy going platforming that’s nice to look at

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Mass Effect 3

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Valkyria Chronicles 4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Spyro: Year of the Dragon (117% and Platinum Trophy)

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - pretty good but there's a ton of stuff designed to waste your time like 1% drop rates on ribbons, the stupid quickenings, and the final boss making himself immune to physical and magic for minutes at a time. I wish the characters had unique abilities or something to differentiate themselves: they have different stats but some are just better than others and the game never splits the party (except for the very beginning) to make you use more than 3.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

Spyro Reignited Trilogy - Spyro: Year of the Dragon (117% and Platinum Trophy)

What did you think? I'm playing it now and it seems really glitchy compared to the other two remasters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was looking for something in my photo album today and found this sweet blurry cell phone pic from a decade ago.

So the haters can gently caress off.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I was looking for something in my photo album today and found this sweet blurry cell phone pic from a decade ago.

So the haters can gently caress off.
Real convenient "Dave", if that even is your real name.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What did you think? I'm playing it now and it seems really glitchy compared to the other two remasters.

i didnt have any glitches, outside of the skateboard races being really bad

i never played 3 before and i thought it was a way better version of 2. id still rather play 1 but if they are gonna have characters talk to you about poo poo and give you little missions and minigames, this is a much improved version of that

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Real convenient "Dave", if that even is your real name.

it was confirmed by the miiverse many years ago and is established canon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

trying to jack off posted:

Oh cool, thanks guy who has every imp's first name saved in a txt document on his desktop for some reason...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

This reads like rabbinic commentary

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Oh cool, thanks guy who has every imp's first name saved in a txt document on his desktop for some reason...

its saved in my mario maker playlist actually

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

This reads like rabbinic commentary

i dont know what that means

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Sekiro - All Endings

Really good... great even.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Winding down the end of the weekend with a cold beer and Apollo Justice. I played a little more RE2 Claire 1st HC but Birkin 2 killed me, which is still the fight I'm worst at in the game. It's prolly the only reason I'd never try a no-save run it's too drat hard.

Edit: Wrong thread.

In Training fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 2, 2020

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

That is actually cool to do.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dragon Quest Builders

In retrospect I probably should've played these in order but oh well, I still liked them both well enough as is.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Frostpunk - A New Home scenario - Not sure if i'm gonna go back for the other scenarios, it was fun but a little one note in the end.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions

I forgot how long this game was. It's still the GOAT Souls-clone imo. Nioh 2 hoype.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. I liked the last case even if it got really contrived and burdened by a million twists by the end, and the motive for the murder in the last case was super weak after all the buildup to the finale. On to 5 and 6

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think before RE3 comes out I'm going to try and do a Leon Deathless run. I can't wait for 3, RE2 2019 is such a incredible game.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.
Having left/right dash buttons satisfied my inner turbo maven, but the map design and pacing wasn't very good. You don't unlock any good traversal abilities until too close to the end, and the all the closed doors you need to investigate are always entirely across the map and you'd have to switch back and forth between castles all the time in order to check where to go next.

Still pretty good game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Spyro: Year of the Dragon: Reignited 117% all skill points.

This game made me beat my joycons up because the drift was so bad and the internet said it works sometimes and it did. Thank you, Spyro.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ducktales

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

3.7 Toki Tori - 100%

I've heard people talk about this series before and it was 49 cents on the eShop so I decided to try it out. Charming and reminiscent of older PC puzzle games, which I enjoyed. The difficulty ramps up pretty fast though, as there are dozens of possible combinations and solutions which is a bit much for my old man brain. Overall I enjoyed it but the last half of every world kinda dragged on. I got the 2nd one on sale too so I'll probably check that out sometime in the future, but for now I'm Toki Tori'ed out.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

Woo-ooh!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Dynamite Duke (genesis)

I beat the master sydtem version as a kid and this one is both a a bit easier since it gives you health on every level, but is way more fun since it the stages are shorter with more enemies on screen at once and the bosses are way less tedious

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC

Some of the missions in this game are crazy hard lol. The Ninja Gaiden fight took me forever.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Doom 2016 Ultra-Violence

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Mega Man 8

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

3.9 Gitaroo Man - Normal Mode A-Rank

drat this game is tight. I owned it back in the day on PS2 but don't have a working PS2 anymore. I tried in the past to get it working on an emulator but for some reason couldn't get it working, but I decided to try again and it works great now. Probably haven't played it in about 13 years but I remembered everything almost instantly. The music is sick and I think I'm more able to appreciate just how weird and Japanese everything is in it this time through. Getting all A-Rank on normal mode feels like a pretty good ceiling for my abilities. I tried Master mode for a bit but kept getting wrecked and wasn't having as much fun. If you're a fan of weird Japanese poo poo or rhythm games and haven't played this yet you should find a way to. It's really an experience unlike anything else.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Spyro: Year of the Dragon: Reignited 117% all skill points.

This game made me beat my joycons up because the drift was so bad and the internet said it works sometimes and it did. Thank you, Spyro.

its usually like a tiny speck of dust caught udner the rubber seal. its happened to 2 of mine

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Celeste

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

American McGay posted:

3.7 Toki Tori - 100%

I've heard people talk about this series before and it was 49 cents on the eShop so I decided to try it out. Charming and reminiscent of older PC puzzle games, which I enjoyed. The difficulty ramps up pretty fast though, as there are dozens of possible combinations and solutions which is a bit much for my old man brain. Overall I enjoyed it but the last half of every world kinda dragged on. I got the 2nd one on sale too so I'll probably check that out sometime in the future, but for now I'm Toki Tori'ed out.

sick

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Murder By Numbers

An okay picross game but a bad murder mystery game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Toki Tori 1 is cool for that stylenof game. Toki tori 2 is a lot differnt tho

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

toki tori 2 is beyond epic

Adbot